Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:33 PM

Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last (66935 Views)

Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) / Beautiful Pictures Of Abeokuta, Ogun State That Will Make You Love The City / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2020
Any babe when like to visit Warri, DM me. Free accommodation for two weeks.
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Arrewa: 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2020
Excuses:

Arrewa only you for Kaduna same you for Kano..nice pictures of development I must say but this mediocrity..this is nothing compared to south Africa..
we will get there!
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Hunchogee: 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2020
Kinematics:

Hunchogee aka Ilaumoh... are you back?
Hope Udom has given you your peanut for last month.
Senseless fool going mentally viral every where you see Akwa ibom thread
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Emeka71(m): 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Former Shell estate Edjeba, Warri
I'm even in Warri now.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2020
sonofthunder:

The city town is today an eyesore...... Nicknamed the "keke rich city of warri" as that is now the town's major employer of labour.
Shame
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2020
YoungDaNaval:
This is onne right?
No, Onne is in Rivers state. This is the Prodeco Estate in Warri, opposite former Chevron office.
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Kinematics: 5:01pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hunchogee:

[s]Senseless fool going mentally viral every where you see Akwa ibom thread[/s]

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by darlenese(f): 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2020
I dey shame to upload picture abeg . E get wetin Dem dey upload . : embarassed
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by TinubuGoQuench(f): 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2020
God bless Delta State!

God bless Warri!!!
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by jasonex4(m): 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
More of Airport Road, Warri-Road I used everyday to secondary school.

What school?? And what year??
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by CanadianNaija: 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2020
omoharry:
Warri has always carried last with thier stupid gragra attitude, that have succeeded in driving away investors from thier state . The only business flushing there are ,hotels,event planing and beer parlour business and other small & petty business . This is becos they have succeeded chaseing away good companies that could have employed so many of our youth with thier stupid gragra...
Now it's seems that the only major employers of Labour are Goverment and some few banks. Warri is now a ghost of itself ...Warri no dey carry last my ass.

Lol...thank you oh! Every thing you want to do there that will even benefit indigenes they will ask you for deve.
Very backwards people, see where their deve has carried them to.

Their traditional rulers are just another bunch of incompetent thieves, when they could have demanded things that develop their communities all they care about is their pockets.

3 Likes

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by codemaniacs: 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2020
zz
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Alba3: 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Warri is much bigger than you think, even though Onitsha may have twice it's population and more densely populated.

You're right. I used 10 minutes to drive across Onitsha on my way to Ebonyi. Head Bridge to Durumi to Npor is just the same coming from Okija to Up Iweka provided there's no traffic jams. However, Onisha has more population with three story- buildings cover lots of the landscape.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by dennisworld1(m): 5:48pm On Nov 03, 2020
U dont leave in warri op... so bring down this post..
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Emoney08: 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2020
Oh
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by dennisworld1(m): 5:52pm On Nov 03, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Osubi Airport Warri that used to be managed by Shell.
all this are open not warri
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by valarinz: 6:00pm On Nov 03, 2020
codemaniacs:

this 'deve' thing happens in every state in southern Nigeria.

No it doesn't, except you meant south west and south south.

I'm fairly certain you will buy your plot of land and build whatever you want at Anambra state without the inidgenes harassing you for any 'deve' fees
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by codemaniacs: 6:13pm On Nov 03, 2020
zz
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Angy55(f): 6:14pm On Nov 03, 2020
Warri, the dirty city.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2020
They are busy fighting the Igbos while the likes of Atiku is busy raping them

DEM NO DEY CARRY LAST TRUE TRUE
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by AquaUranus(m): 6:20pm On Nov 03, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
NNPC Housing estate,Warri-The refinery never worked due to massive corruption, I wonder what all the employees did to earn their pay.

I grew up in the NNPC housing estate in the 80's/90's..it was a dream place to raise families.
This is an experience better felt than told, all utilities and infrastructure functioning at optimal capacity...ooh it was heaven on earth. Shell estate edjeba was slightly better (a standard).

2 Likes

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by wildikeman(m): 6:26pm On Nov 03, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Former Shell estate Edjeba, Warri

Na werey be this.. Wow.

So if Nigeria plan something like this, dem go die... Our leaders are wicked

1 Like

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by reiddecuti: 6:38pm On Nov 03, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
When it comes to massive corruption Delta,Bayelsa,Edo,Akwa Ibom and Rivers will give Lagos a run for it's money. This states should be model states and be the most developed based on the 13% derivation and huge concentration of oil companies in the area, since 1999. And should have eased the pressure on Lagos and Abuja.

But the way Nigeria is constitute currently will make it difficult. The system isn't functioning to question our leaders.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 03, 2020
wildikeman:

Na werey be this.. Wow.

So if Nigeria plan something like this, dem go die... Our leaders are wicked
That is our wicked they are. All it takes is planning to transform the city, they have the funds to make it happen overtime.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by dasparrow: 6:41pm On Nov 03, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Warri nor dey carry last.

Warri was the city I was born and raised in as a Yoruba boy. So, many good memories.

This city had major oil corporations that employed thousands of oil workers in Shell, Chevron, NNPC, Halliburton, Schlumberger, Neconde and many other small oil servicing companies. This city should have been a pride not only to Nigeria, but Africa. There was a lot of oil money flowing around and it also had a large number of expatriate staff who came from England, Netherlands, United States and many other countries working for the various oil companies.

The city is now a ghost of it's self. Most of the major oil companies and oil serving companies have moved their offices to Lagos or Port Harcourt,due to the insecurity in the city and kidnapping of oil companies staff.

This is a city that could have rivaled Abuja, Nairobi, Windhoek, Cape Town if resources where properly utilized to tranform this oil rich city.

Can people still living in Warri upload pictures of the present developments.

Aren't you a South African? Since when did you suddenly become a Warri boy? You are an imposter!
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 03, 2020
dasparrow:

Aren't you a South African? Since when did you suddenly become a Warri boy? You are an imposter!
What makes you think I'm a South African?Just because I make camparisons between Nigeria and South Africa.

We can do so much better and have the kind of infrastructure and development of South African cities.
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by valarinz: 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2020
codemaniacs:

its even worse in SE to rent a field, or a public school's field, youths from the community will ask for settlement.

You've now changed it to "renting".

When you want to rent someone's property, they reserve the right to charge you whatever they please.

Go ahead and buy the said property, you can go ahead and do whatever you want and no one will harass you for 'deve'
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by OVB123: 8:23pm On Nov 03, 2020
nams77:
It is so terrible the state warri has sunk into. Like the op, I am not an indigene, but was given birth to, and raised there.
It is a shame. When I was younger, I used to visit me dad's office along enerhen road. During break hours, you will see a troop of men coming out of several companies around that axis for lunch. The whole place was vibrant and bubbling with life.
Companies like Camco, Texaco, schlumberger, B+B etc. Today, that road is a ghost of itself.
Its painful.
I also blame the youth. Their incessant restiveness drove away all these companies. The government also failed too in provided needed security.
The one wey dey pain me pass na that one wey dey call himself road master, yet all the road don scstter finish. People like Uduaghan and Okowa should be stoned.
Lalasticlala
You ku-ku-ma no Warri finished, na City wey refused to grow economically and infrastructurally.

2 Likes

Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by jspinsight: 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2020
All Niger Delta leaders, past & present should be ashamed of themselves
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Wronggee(m): 8:32pm On Nov 03, 2020
Who cares No be the oil wen Dem get for the warri.
Una foolish leaders and brother dey clean up your states.... Guy take time oo
Arrewa:
Good... We need more of this Nigeria!

This is my state kano...

Let's hold out politicians accountable for our Allocations!
We will surely get there!
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by OVB123: 8:34pm On Nov 03, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Nuhu Ribadu said James Ibori looted 50% of the state allocation during his 8 year tenure. On the other hand Lucky Igbinedion i'm sure was likely looting 90% of the state allocation, couldn't even fix the road to his mansion in GRA Benin, . And Oshiomhole was almost as bad, he started borrowing money to loot in Edo.

Edo state has an external debt is N276 Billion, and domestic debt of N100 billion with nothing major to show for the debt and imagine this is in addition to state allocation and IGR. Look at Godwin Obaseki he had nothing to show for his 4 years, and only got support because Edo state people do not support godfatherism like Lagosians.

The question i am asking is this: "what did they used the loan(s) to do in edo state"? Because i'm not seening the evidence of the loan in edo state.
Re: Warri: The City That Should Have Surpassed Abuja: Warri Nor Dey Carry Last by Wronggee(m): 8:35pm On Nov 03, 2020
Omo I dey miss warri wella... I was born in warri

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor / Which Visa Is Easy For Nigerians To Get In 2023 / Bauchi Airport Releases Statement On People Using Ladder To Board Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.