Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,794 members, 7,905,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:18 PM

Will U Vote For Buhari? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will U Vote For Buhari? (7402 Views)

Poll: Will You?

Yes: 72% (163 votes)
No: 27% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Will U Vote For come March 28th(Presidential Election poll) / GEJ (PDP) Vs Ameachi (APC) 2015 Who Will U Vote??? / Will U Vote Buhari/rochas Ticket (progressives Only)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by maxproxl: 8:26am On Mar 16, 2011
CPC HAS NO STRUCTURE and only seem to be popular on the internet, how many nigerians go online. how many residents of rural areas(who form 70% of voters) even know the logo of cpc that will be on the voters sheets. The election is between JONATHAN & RIBADU.

Am not a fan of any party. they are all bunch of rogues and corrupt politicians. However I beleive goodluck is God's choice for Nigeria considering how he became president coming from a humble background & with little political experience. deputy governor, governor, vice president then PRESIDENT. its obvious that it is GOD in action.

BUHARI is a religious fanatic and in his crafty nature, he decided to choose a pastor as his running mate. yes he is disciplined and principled but that alone cant win elections. They need to campaign rigorously, and in any election, CASH is KING. thats why OBAMA could win in the US(he had over $600m - which is the largest funds ever used for campaign in the history of america and definately in the whole world). thats also why FASHOLA won PDP in 2007 as TINUBU spent heavily to secure that election(it was a do or die affair).

BAKARE is a hardcore critic that has stepped on many toes & even tongue lashed some prominent pastors in the past. so tell me how will they secure votes as both of them have scores to settle.its so unfortunate for cpc, they will never win in more than 5 to 8 states and that will be in the north.

BUHARI HAS NO VISION AND IS NOT PURPOSE DRIVEN. THE MANIFESTO WAS NOT DRAFTED BY HIM. BUHARI IS TOO DULL TO BE PRESIDENT; EVEN WHEN HE WAS HEAD OF STATE, IDIAGBON WAS IN CHARGE. MARK MY WORDS, HE WILL SIDE-LINE BAKARE IF HE EVER GETS TO RULE. HE'S A REAL CHAMELEON.

I will cast my vote for RIBADU & FOLA ADEOLA. Both are not CORRUPT, TRIBALISTIC OR FANATICAL.(however no one is PERFECT).
For all you lovers of GTBANK, am sure you know that FOLA ADEOLA is a co-founder and pioneering MD/CEO of the most-customer focused bank in NIGERIA. Imagine how that expertise will be used to transform our dear country. DONT FORGET THAT GTBANK didn’t merge with any BANK during the re-capitalisation of SOLUDO. They are among the few banks that didn’t acquire or merge with others .RIBADU AND ADEOLA are the best choice for NIGERIA.
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by Genbuhari3: 8:44am On Mar 16, 2011
maxpro-xl

Thank you. Wondering if you are in Nigeria Because it seems you are so lost from the realities setting in.

You better start moving from house to house to tell what you have just written because Buhari's growing popularity on Nairaland and Facebook (every minute you refresh your facebook page, the number of fans keep changing) is a reflection of what is happening on the street. The face of Network Marketing in Nigeria is leading the Buhari Bakare Volunteer Group. That is the kind of massive campaign arsenal you are dealing with.

so start going door by door, with your lies. but dont be afraid of getting beaten for peddling falsehood.

I have never voted in Nigeria's election. Now I am determined to vote and get the 60 votes i have convinced to vote for Buhari Bakare. That is me alone on a change mode, many are out there. we have moved beyond the lies, oga
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by vocalist(f): 8:54am On Mar 16, 2011
nigerians don't need old cargo's again, we only need fresh air in nigeria, goodluck ebele jonathan is the real man
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by nakoks(m): 9:12am On Mar 16, 2011
BUHARRRII ALL THE WAY.NO SENTIMENTS.HE IS THE ONLY MAN FOR THE JOB.I AM FROM THE EAST AND A CHRISTIAN BUT I AM CAMPAIGNING FOR BUHARI AND WILL DEFINATELY VOTE FOR HIM FOR OUR CHILDRENS SAKE, ANYONE WHO LOVES THE FUTURE (CHILDREN) OF THIS COUNTRY AND NOT SELFISH OR GREEDY SHOULD DO THE SAME.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH WE NEED CHANGE AND WE NEED IT NOW

BUHARI IS DAT CHANGE
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by Odunnu: 9:44am On Mar 16, 2011
vocalist:

nigerians don't need old cargo's again, we only need fresh air in nigeria, goodluck ebele jonathan is the real man
Say it again,again and again babez!
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by 9ijaMan: 9:48am On Mar 16, 2011
vocalist:

Are you sure GEJ is not Fresh Fart?
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by Dreamchaser1(f): 9:57am On Mar 16, 2011
:oAhmadioha forbid!!! Can never vote for a military mallam!
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by AbuMaryam1(m): 9:58am On Mar 16, 2011
Did the sun rise

Did the grass colour green?

B B All the way!!!!!!!
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by Dreamchaser1(f): 10:04am On Mar 16, 2011
Military mallam plus fake pastor equals recipe for disaster.
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by AHMAD143: 10:28am On Mar 16, 2011
my vote is for gen muh'd buhar ,HE IS the man of the people, we need change we tired of democracy :-x undecided kiss cry
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by 10cirenoh: 10:43am On Mar 16, 2011
Nothing can rob us of the will of the people

Buhari 100%

Go and cast your vote here

vote for your preferred presidential candidate.

http://risenetworks.org/

Its from channelsTV
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by basileze: 10:51am On Mar 16, 2011
I dont need a "COOL/SLOW PRESIDENT" my vote belongs to Buhari/Bakare for positive change in Naija
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by Dikyson: 11:21am On Mar 16, 2011
Why do Nigerian think it right for an ex-military cop plotter that oppose and took over Shagari democratic Government, will now want to become a democratic president of Nigeria
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by okosodo: 11:29am On Mar 16, 2011
I do not know what happened to you people, but i wont vote for Buhari
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by 10cirenoh: 11:46am On Mar 16, 2011
Buhari Buhari

Bakare Bakare.
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by sley4life(m): 11:59am On Mar 16, 2011
instead of voting for Buhari, i wil vote 4 Gaddafi
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by 10cirenoh: 12:38pm On Mar 16, 2011
^^^

Yes you can head to Libya, i heard Gaddafi needs black people to use as machineries, you can move down there okay?

We the sane citizen of Nigeria wants Buhari/Bakare.
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 16, 2011
[center][size=20pt]HELL NO![/size][/center]

Why vote a Coupist? we must not send the message that coups are ok to young Nigerians

Why Vote Two Religious Zealots? -What happens to separation of church( or  Mosque) and state?

What happens if the Two Religous  Zealots turn on each other when they disagree (Like Obasanjo and Atuku)? - the church zealots will go "Sai Bakere" and the  Northern Almajiris will go "Sai Buhari" and innocent lives will burn in Kano,Bauchi, Aba, Onitsha, Ibadan and ofcourse Jos.

What made you think that two people known for there extreme views and strong positions will agree after campaigns, when they have to share power; Lets stay away from the Bridled Bomb waiting to explode

[size=20pt]BB=Bridled Bomb[/size]
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by otitokoro1: 2:15pm On Mar 16, 2011
I saw the manifesto of this party and it really revealed to me that an average politicians even political analyst like Tunde Bakare does not even know the problem of Nigeria and they are unable to give us anything new.

1. Talking about amending Constitution to give power to the State and Local Government looks as if they do not understand the present Constitution.
2. I wonder how job could be created in a country where financial crime is already legalized.

I feel the party should think more of Government Business and leave all they have in their manifesto to the NGOs.

I feel the first and the most important step to take is to get Nigerians database in place. It may take time but it is achievable. Once this can be done all other things will be easy to achieve. With a good database of Nigerians, it is easy to see your people and know how to help empower them.
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by Pataki: 2:22pm On Mar 16, 2011
otitokoro1:

With a good database of Nigerians, it is easy to see your people and know how to help empower them.
So how will the people be empowered? How would we have a good database of Nigerians? If you reckon that is the problem of Nigeria. Would it not be by empowering the State and Local governments to ensure they know they have proper record of people in their state/local government? Or you expect the Federal government to do that?

How you people throw up arguments attimes is so gobsmacking.
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by Odunnu: 2:28pm On Mar 16, 2011
I stil wont vote Buhari/Bakare even if my next breath depended on it.
Its GEJ or . . . GEJ!
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by 9ijaMan: 2:32pm On Mar 16, 2011
Odunnu:

I stil wont vote Buhari/Bakare even if my next breath depended on it.
Its GEJ or . . . GEJ!
No qualms BB will usher in a fresh perspective and in no time obliterate the 12 years of GEJ/PDP misrule from the memory of Nigerians, with the quality leadership they'll provide.

Continue to pant in GEJ's Fresh Fart!
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by otitokoro1: 2:38pm On Mar 16, 2011
So how will the people being empowered? How would we have a good database of Nigerians? If you reckon that is the problem of Nigeria. Would it not be by empowering the State and Local governments to ensure they know they have proper record of people in their state/local government? Or you expect the Federal government to do that?

How you people throw up arguments attimes is so gobsmacking.

I am not a political tug, I don't follow people dogmatically.

If I am telling you about importance of database in good governance, believe me I am talking about the fundamental problem of this nation. With database you will know exactly your citizen beyound just number.  For example how will someone offer to help me when he hardly know anything about me.

I am sure you go to school, and you really understand english beyound reading? Then take a good look at Nigeria constitution and look at CPC Manifesto.  May be then You can understand a little about polity.

I feel it is high time we Nigerians stop thinking like a tug and screen anyone claiming to help us.
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by Pataki: 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2011
otitokoro1:

I am not a political tug, I don't follow people dogmatically.

If I am telling you about importance of database in good governance, believe me I am talking about the fundamental problem of this nation. With database you will know exactly your citizen beyound just number.  For example how will someone offer to help me when he hardly know anything about me.

I am sure you go to school, and you really understand english beyound reading? Then take a good look at Nigeria constitution and look at CPC Manifesto.  May be then You can understand a little about polity.

I feel it is high time we Nigerians stop thinking like a tug and screen anyone claiming to help us.
I would have excused you if I deduced that you did not go to school. The sole purpose of a debate is to proffer alternatives to issues. You brought up a problem which had been addressed by the CPC, however you are failing in bringing up solutions. Could you please work me through how a Nigerian database can be achievable under the Buhari/Bakare administration? Many thanks.
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by otitokoro1: 3:08pm On Mar 16, 2011
Could you please work me through how a Nigerian database can be achievable under the Buhari/Bakare administration? Many thanks.

Now you are asking question.

A database of Nigerians will not only provide many information about the people that you set to govern, it will also help you in making adequate budget and implementation of programme. Database will also help reduce crime rate in that everyone could be traced to their grassroots at every point in time.

If a government is so serious about doing this, they could start building it in their first year and by the end of that year it would be accomplished. Thank God, Obasojo in his administration have taking a step in this direction, without sentiment, a good political party need to follow-up on this for update and putting it into proper use by formulating a policy that will be binding on citizens.

For example, there is nothing bad in restricting people to comply with issues that will help the development of the country. If Tax Identification card can be enforced on citizens, then Social Identification can also be done. It may interest you to know that our population data is not accurate in anyway and this is even affecting our electoral system.

With database corruption will also be reduced to the barest minimum e.t.c. I hope the ongoing Phone registration system will be taken more serious.
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by dayokanu(m): 3:40pm On Mar 16, 2011
I wont vote a MEND spokesman and most clueless president Nigeria has ever had.

I really think IQ evaluation is needed for anyone to think of vying for election, That way Odechukwu would have been screened out since

BB2011
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by sunayo(m): 3:49pm On Mar 16, 2011
JONATHAN ALL THE WAY The only thing Buhari keep screaming is corruption. You can't just harass people and throw them into jail just because you think the stole the nation's money. This is a democratic dispensation, things must be done well. If a thief is caught you have to arraign him in court and allow the judge to determine his fate. A president cannot do that. The other day Buhari said he will remove the[b] immunity clause[/b] from the constitution, am wondering how he will do it without the law makers. Once a dictator always a dictator.

A leader should be teacheable, Buahri seems to know it all. That's why the merger talk with ACN failed.
A leader should listen, Buhari and Bakare are no listener. The Bakare who says Adeboye is bad is now courting his favor
let's see if the church will vote for him.
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by 9ijaMan: 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2011
sunayo:

JONATHAN ALL THE WAY The only thing Buhari keep screaming is corruption. You can't just harass people and throw them into jail just because you think the stole the nation's money. This is a democratic dispensation, things must be done well. If a thief is caught you have to arraign him in court and allow the judge to determine his fate. A president cannot do that. The other day Buhari said he will remove the[b] immunity clause[/b] from the constitution, am wondering how he will do it without the law makers. Once a dictator always a dictator.

A leader should be teacheable, Buahri seems to know it all. That's why the merger talk with ACN failed.
A leader should listen, Buhari and Bakare are no listener. The Bakare who says Adeboye is bad is now courting his favor
let's see if the church will vote for him.

Apparently you have forgotten that we are also having an election to replace the PDP legislooters we currently have in government.
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 16, 2011
Update your signatures to show support for Buhari

See my one below
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by chakula: 5:39pm On Mar 16, 2011
Yah that's very good.
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by maxproxl: 6:10pm On Mar 16, 2011
@ Genbuhari3.

I am a Nigerian to the core. I was born in LAGOS, I GREW UP IN NIGERIA, I GRADUATED IN NIGERIA & I LIVE AND WORK IN LAGOS. between October 2010 & March 2011, I've been to ONITSHA, ASABA, BENIN, AKURE, ILORIN, OGBOMOSO, OSHOGBO, ABEOKUTA, IBADAN & ADO-EKITI. CPC seems to be obscure & not significant. no bill-boards, no prominent posters & no MAJOR sign of CPC except ACN & PDP.

go on the streets in the SOUTH-WEST, SOUTH-EAST & SOUTH-SOUTH and ask d average person about nairaland & facebook. they may know facebook but how many active users do we have in nigeria compared to over 150million people. my friend, dont be decieved. CPC isnt doing much in sensitising nigerians. online campaign is good but not enough in a young democracy like nigeria. OFFLINE IS THE KEY.

we see adverts in newspaper but majority of youths that will vote dont read dis papers. I advice u tell CPC officials to starts putting big adverts in COMPLETE SPORTS, CITY-PEOPLE, ARSENAL, MAN-UNITED, BARCELONA & CHELSEA papers because we have lots of GIST ADDICTS & SPORTS ADDICTS in NIGERIA.

as I noted b4, am not a fan of any party but definately not buhari. bUHARI WILL LOOSE GALLANTLY. MARK MY WORDS
Re: Will U Vote For Buhari? by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On Mar 16, 2011
maxpro-xl:

go on the streets in the SOUTH-WEST, SOUTH-EAST & SOUTH-SOUTH and ask d average person about nairaland & facebook. they may know facebook but how many active users do we have in nigeria compared to over 150million people. my friend, dont be decieved. CPC isnt doing much in sensitising nigerians. online campaign is good but not enough in a young democracy like nigeria. OFFLINE IS THE KEY.

we see adverts in newspaper but majority of youths that will vote dont read dis papers. I advice u tell CPC officials to starts putting big adverts in COMPLETE SPORTS, CITY-PEOPLE, ARSENAL, MAN-UNITED, BARCELONA & CHELSEA papers because we have lots of GIST ADDICTS & SPORTS ADDICTS in NIGERIA.

@GenBuhari, If you have a link to the group, I believe this good advice. There showing up to rallies alone will not necessarily translate into votes. The Buhari team should not get carried away.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya / 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock By TonyeBarcanista / Nigeria Spends N10trn On Petrol Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.