Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,246 members, 7,880,916 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:12 AM

Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences (58557 Views)

Lagos Government Declares A Woman Who Beat A Baby With Rod Wanted / Mary Daniel, Amputee Hawker Didn't Lie Or Fake Her Identity - Lagos Government / Task Force Arrests, Prosecutes 13 "7-up" Workers For Traffic Offence (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by lahizak: 8:21am On Nov 27, 2020
uuzba:

Ok. When politicians fail their promises, we blast them and wish them death. When PHCN fails, we blast them and curse them. People even commit suicide or relocate from Nigeria.
You have a driving licence which authorises you to use the public roads in LEGAL manner, and you REFUSED to do so. And you now want this same government to forgive you?
U think paying heavy fine is forgiveness? Which kind of stupid law says a traffic offender car should be sold by govt? What happened to paying fine like any other civilised states
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by OlujobaSamuel: 8:22am On Nov 27, 2020
This will definitely expose the officers more to danger. The news spread, everyone knows getting caught on one way or whatever offence that led to this is forfeiture, the next is to start hearing about knockdown of officers by runaway driver.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 27, 2020
uuzba:

After you commited offence? You still want freedom?
Hence all the problem of Nigeria.
First of all, make sure you do not commit any traffic offence. This is BASIC training in any driving school. The driving licence that is issued is meant to signify that the driver has learnt properly and been tested by a certified official and is indeed ready to obey road regulations.
If you are too stubborn for all this, please get a driver or enter public transport let another person do the driving.
Even in the US and UK the government would never auction your car because of a traffic offense.
This is no different from the #endsars and #endpolicebrutality protests that Nigerians are still fighting for.
Critical times require critical decisions. I still stand by my words.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 27, 2020
Raiders:
good. Nigerians are very stubborn and dont like obeying traffic laws. why would a driver drive 'one way'. he could have killed someone
What of those politicians that drive one way or police vehicles with just driver which isn't official? I don't support lawlessness but the rule of law must be applicable to everyone.

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by PeacenLove2: 8:27am On Nov 27, 2020
Raiders:
good. Nigerians are very stubborn and dont like obeying traffic laws. why would a driver drive 'one way'. he could have killed someone

Why punish a few for the crime thousands more are committing every passing second in Lagos? You need to go out more and see one way driving even in express ways. Yeye dey smell. Shior!
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by oyepaulkay(m): 8:27am On Nov 27, 2020
DenreleDave:
Haa

This is rubbish.. How can the govt sell sumone car when he is not dead...

This news shud be fake..

Was the owner compensated or he got nothing?

Traffic offense, fine.. But no govt has the right to auction someone's car....

Bcox I disobey traffic law, one govt go kon sell my car... We die there

Lol, just pray it doesn't get to you and obey traffic rules.

This law is very grave. Driving against traffic/One-way is a grave offence in Lagos State, I've been there before, from court to trying to recover your car everyday ni and it's bad and serious.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by lekki1444: 8:29am On Nov 27, 2020
NO SYMPATHY. THEY SHOULD HAVE CRUSHED THEIR CARS IN FRONT OF THEM. I M TIRED OF RECKLESS NIGERIAN DRIVERS. bitch ass neegar now yo ass is back to leggedez benz cheesy cheesy
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Aghos1: 8:30am On Nov 27, 2020
Yeah, very easy to do when it comes to punishing the mass! Can any1 compare with blunders from our Politicians?
Purely Barbaric!
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:30am On Nov 27, 2020
Abcdefghij10000:

Monday osunbor be careful what you type on nairaland , you shouldn't even be using your real name kiss

OMO I LIKE MY NAME

EVEN SARS WHEN THEM SEE MY ID CARD THEM LIVER CUT INSTANT
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by BeigJawnson(m): 8:34am On Nov 27, 2020
olayiwola72:

Bro let be honest it not everything you will blame Sanwo olu for ..are you mad what is your problem sef ?all those commercials bus no Dey ever hear word
Make dem sell everything

he go reach your turn as well... maybe you had an emergency, for example trying to save tha life of one of your family member and you followed one way to skip traffic, your car and that your family member that is dying will be auctioned together with tha car...mumu

i dont support traffic offence but they should be made to pay fine ...not auction
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by lekki1444: 8:36am On Nov 27, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

For Traffic Offences Government sold person car for Traffic Offences my brothers

WHY IS HEART OF YORUBA MAN SO DARK ?

YORUBAS ARE GENETICALLY SADIST
ekaro ojire omoluwabi cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by FemiLastBorn(m): 8:37am On Nov 27, 2020
DenreleDave:
Haa

This news shud be fake..

. Na mouth u get.. If e sure for u.. Go disobey traffic laws.. Na then we go know wassup
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by TPound(m): 8:37am On Nov 27, 2020
DenreleDave:
Haa

This news shud be fake..

But you have been warned...if you can't do the time,don't do the crime
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by TPound(m): 8:38am On Nov 27, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

OMO I LIKE MY NAME

EVEN SARS WHEN THEM SEE MY ID CARD THEM LIVER CUT INSTANT

Because you were born on Monday??
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by lekki1444: 8:39am On Nov 27, 2020
RomanGreen:

You see eh, there is a reason why the whites keep making more meaningful progress and are more humane....the best form of punishment in other countries has always been fines, jail term or revoking of licence ....bros....seriously how can this action of auctioning peoples cars be good to you, why are we Nigerians so wicked to our fellow common masses yet celebrate our wicked leaders.... A man struggles to buy a car, the govt takes it and auctions it as punishment for breaking traffic rules but when a politician does same..... He goes scot free. May it be unto you as you wish for others....
you obbviously have not lived in the UK and USA. this method of auctionning peoples car was adopted and copiied from the USA and UK system.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Dicksonpal: 8:39am On Nov 27, 2020
GerraMeh74:
Then I ask again how do we expect the government to treat us better? The owners of the cars pleaded with people to allow them buy back their cars which fell on deaf ears...... The heart of a Nigerian Man is desperately wicked,and all our political leaders are all products of our disfunctional,cruel,angry,society....
if I own any of those cars and you buy it, lol the buyer is dead!
Gba
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 27, 2020
DenreleDave:
Haa

This news shud be fake..

YOU AND YOUR CAR WILL JUST DIE.DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY INNOCENT PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN KILLED BY VEHICHLES ON ONE WAY?.
IF I WERE THE GOVERNOR SUCH VEHICLES WILL BE CRUSHED. AND CASE CLOSED.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 27, 2020
What about politicians and VIPs who break traffic rules on Lagos roads? Is it because they have armed guards, what about military officers who drive against traffic?

You steal peoples cars and sell off to cronies without even giving the owners a chance to reclaim their vehicles, thieving government.

It won't end well for people who buy stolen property, they can call it whatever they like, but as long ad the owners never consented its stolen.

The owners should post pictures and details of their vehicles, members of the public should not be encouraged to buy these vehicles.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by lekki1444: 8:49am On Nov 27, 2020
ikennamadu1:

stop typing shit... in a sane country would they auction your car.. they would slam a fine on it...
they auction your car in the USA but in the UK THEY will crush it. My car has been crushed in the UK before. in fact in the west they are more unforgiving with traffic offences. they tow your car on the spot
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by dandollaz: 8:52am On Nov 27, 2020
Raiders:
Govt have failed the Nation.we know it's not Good but same government blow one way all the time.when pikin see papa dey smoke and suddenly the pikin carry smoke dey blow,what will you say when you see the papa flogging the child to death.lesser penalty is welcome but not selling the car.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Merteenz(m): 8:54am On Nov 27, 2020
God bless you bro
GerraMeh74:
Then I ask again how do we expect the government to treat us better? The owners of the cars pleaded with people to allow them buy back their cars which fell on deaf ears...... The heart of a Nigerian Man is desperately wicked,and all our political leaders are all products of our disfunctional,cruel,angry,society....
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 27, 2020
Raiders:
I have seen a police car driving one way sad
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 27, 2020
lekki1444:
you obbviously have not lived in the UK and USA. this method of auctionning peoples car was adopted and copiied from the USA and UK system.
So what?
So because it's USA and UK, we should now do whatever they do.
Auctioning of someones car is too harsh, especially if he/she is a first time offender.
Let them auction your car na, You go see as e go be you for body
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by themanderon: 9:04am On Nov 27, 2020
It is the beginning of sorrows. More draconian measures are still on the way. Buhari is punishing Nigerians on the national level while Tinubu's side kick is doing same to Lagosians. By the time APC is done with this country many peoples tongue will be touching the floor.
Imagine how many years it takes for someone to save up to buy a car and in one day the government seizes it and sells off. What happened to prison or an option of fine and/or community service? or even a suspension of drivers licences as is done in saner climes? Na..... it always has to be about raising more money for them to embezzle.
It all ends in this wicked world. If this was how Chief L. Jakande ruled Lagos or how Chief Awolowo developed western Nigeria nobody will have fond memories of them. These pretend leaders are just securing their future.
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by padresolomon: 9:04am On Nov 27, 2020
lilfreezy:
This is wrong on so many levels. Heavy fine has proven to be more effective and long lasting. Getting traffic offenders to pay like 200k is way better because after paying such amount, they won't commit the offence ever again. Selling their vehicles in front of them is pure wickedness, they hussled and took loans to get that only to lose it in a day just like that. Our politicians and law enforcement agent break the law but i don't see anyone selling their cars. We are suffering in this country
What if this drivers had killed someone by driving one way, would u still say this?
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by lekki1444: 9:05am On Nov 27, 2020
Nairalandian:

So what?
So because it's USA and UK, we should now do whatever they do.

Auctioning of someones car is too harsh, especially if he/she is a first time offender.
Let them auction your car na, You go see as e go be you for body
didnt you say the white man will never do something like this ? and i am telling you they copied this action from the white man. go to the USA auctioning seized vehicles is huge business for the country. they seize your car and sell it at public auction
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by lilfreezy: 9:08am On Nov 27, 2020
padresolomon:

What if this drivers had killed someone by driving one way, would u still say this?

Selling the car ain't justice. Take them to court. Charge themselves for manslaughter, let themselves do time plus pay the fine. This is how a civilized society is is ran
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by Ofemmanu1: 9:09am On Nov 27, 2020
free2ryhme:

Unfortunatley, this is the law
But the law was made for the poor masses.

If I were the corolla owner, na only 5k I go use and the buyer will live to regret buying it.
He will return my car with additional N1m because I'm an African boy..
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by lekki1444: 9:12am On Nov 27, 2020
RomanGreen:

It's appalling how you use Ghana as a yardstick, you haven't travelled like I have dude and in my travels, no civilised country does that....penalties ranges from fines to seizure, jail terms, revoking of licences etc. It's rather zombies like you is the reason why we are in this mess....people who celebrate mediocrity.... Tell me, your politicians who beat traffic and break every known traffic law with their constant blaring siren while on the move....who has punished them, we have had several of these people knock down innocent civilians yet go scot free. You take pleasure in seeing people suffer, where is your humanity if the punishment is not a corrective measure, your politicians loot the national treasure dry, have you held them accountable... It's the common man who struggled to make ends meet that u will face...shameless you. Spare me the garbage you spill and save your yourself the embarrassment, see mumu....Ghana is your abroad...another rotten and corrupt African nation, that's why y'all ain't making no meaningful progress.... Fvck off dumbo
stop lying bro yOu have never travelled a day in your life because if you have you will know this is standard practice in the USA
Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by BastardWike: 9:12am On Nov 27, 2020
This is the most barbaric, punitive and wicked law I have ever seen. How on earth will you seize someone's car because he committed traffic offense and sell it off at the highest bidder? This is evil and should be condemned by all. Lagos is a big city and someone from the island may go to areas on the mainland he is not familiar with, and ignorantly drive one-way and vice versa.

In these terrible times of economic hardship, a government that ought to help alleviate the people's suffering is even making it worse. This is akin to killing a fly with a sledgehammer. Every punishment should be commensurate with the crime or offense committed. Some of those supporting this evil will one day fall victim or their loved ones. I know how Lagos is

Sanwo Olu is a wicked and heartless man to allow this evil. I bet you, this barbaric law is targeted at the suffering poor masses because even when these politicians or their friends and family members commit same traffic offense, there cars would never be seized.

What a state! What a country!! Evil every where!!!

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by lekki1444: 9:18am On Nov 27, 2020
Benzoway:

Even in the US and UK the government would never auction your car because of a traffic offense.
This is no different from the #endsars and #endpolicebrutality protests that Nigerians are still fighting for.
Critical times require critical decisions. I still stand by my words.
ARE YOU CRAZY ? THE USA IS THE CAPITAL OF AUCTIONING OFF YOUR CAR FOR TRAFFIC OFFENCES. of course depending on the severity of the crime they may give you a chance to pay first and each day your vehicle is with them they charge you 50 dollars for storing your vehicle. after 1 week you have not come to collect it ? if its a good car they auction it and if its a bad car they crush it and throw it in the garbage cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences by themanderon: 9:19am On Nov 27, 2020
maoolakanm:
YOU AND YOUR CAR WILL JUST DIE.DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY INNOCENT PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN KILLED BY VEHICHLES ON ONE WAY?.
IF I WERE THE GOVERNOR SUCH VEHICLES WILL BE CRUSHED. AND CASE CLOSED.

But what about government officials and security agencies that have so brazenly broken and are still breaking traffic rules? What has been done to them? He that comes to equity must come with clean hands.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How I Trapped Her – Gracious West, Rivers Serial Killer Narrates / Gracious David-West Sentenced To Death By Hanging / Policeman Arrested As Girlfriend Dies In Lagos Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.