Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,872 members, 7,883,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 10:29 PM

I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed (681 Views)

UK Parliament Warns: Nigeria Under Buhari Is At Mercy Of Bandits, Terrorists / Graphic Photos Of Boko Haram Terrorists Killed After Attacking Soldiers. / Meet Falmata Abubakar, Shekau’s Mother Speaks On Whereabout Of Boko Haram Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed by bolaayenimo: 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2020
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has refuted social media reports that he said “Nigeria is at the mercy of Boko Haram.”

At a meeting with online publishers on Tuesday in Lagos, the minister described the reports as “social media abuse, sheer fabrication and abuse of platform.”

“While in Makurdi, Benue State, on an official visit, I was asked by journalists to comment on the killing of farmers in Borno State over the weekend.

“I said terrorism is a global problem that requires the collaborative efforts among nations to combat.

“I said Nigeria needs the support of global partners, especially in the area of acquisition of effective platforms to deal with the terrorists

I recalled that some of the platforms ordered and paid for by Nigeria have yet to be supplied till date, thus weakening the war on terror.

“How these statements translate to Nigeria being at the mercy of Boko Haram is baffling, and could only have come from warped minds who are more interested in attracting traffic to their websites than upholding the truth,’’ he said.

The minister reiterated his position that something urgent needed to be done to rein in the abuse of social media.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/i-never-said-nigeria-is-at-mercy-of-boko-haram-lai-mohammed/

Re: I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed by Yenefer(f): 7:36pm On Dec 01, 2020
Mtwss
Why is he even responding to fake news peddlers
Re: I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed by Simplehuman: 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2020
Another one.

Here he is again to deny his statement. This man should just resign, go and rest. Even his children will be ashamed of him.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed by helinues: 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2020
One day new lies
Re: I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed by Bighead5: 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2020
IPOB are responsible for this fake news and propaganda.

Re: I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed by nairavsdollars(f): 8:04pm On Dec 01, 2020
This man's family should check him well
Re: I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed by Conrod: 8:13pm On Dec 01, 2020
Its understandable because nobody talks this much and not forget some.
Re: I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed by Racoon(m): 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2020
Talk, lie and deny.Then the cycle starts all over again. There you have it again from the legendary liar himself

Re: I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed by Orjioorji(f): 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2020
Yenefer:
Mtwss
Why is he even responding to fake news peddlers
Because he hates competition.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed by Karlovich: 8:26pm On Dec 01, 2020
It is at the mercy of the deranged gworo chewing dullard
Re: I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed by jidamsel43(m): 8:28pm On Dec 01, 2020
Some bloggers will set the whole Nigeria ablaze one day if measures are not taken to curb the spread of fake news

1 Like

Re: I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2020
Orjioorji:
Because he hates competition.
Better oil dey your head axwea

1 Like

Re: I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2020
jidamsel43:
Some bloggers will set the whole Nigeria ablaze one day if measures are not taken to curb the spread of fake news
It should be the other way round because, Lai Mohammed is the only man that I've seen that will lie and counter his own lie with another lie.

1 Like

Re: I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed by Charmingrascal(m): 9:03pm On Dec 01, 2020
bolaayenimo:
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has refuted social media reports that he said “Nigeria is at the mercy of Boko Haram.”

At a meeting with online publishers on Tuesday in Lagos, the minister described the reports as “social media abuse, sheer fabrication and abuse of platform.”

“While in Makurdi, Benue State, on an official visit, I was asked by journalists to comment on the killing of farmers in Borno State over the weekend.

“I said terrorism is a global problem that requires the collaborative efforts among nations to combat.

“I said Nigeria needs the support of global partners, especially in the area of acquisition of effective platforms to deal with the terrorists

I recalled that some of the platforms ordered and paid for by Nigeria have yet to be supplied till date, thus weakening the war on terror.

“How these statements translate to Nigeria being at the mercy of Boko Haram is baffling, and could only have come from warped minds who are more interested in attracting traffic to their websites than upholding the truth,’’ he said.

The minister reiterated his position that something urgent needed to be done to rein in the abuse of social media.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/i-never-said-nigeria-is-at-mercy-of-boko-haram-lai-mohammed/

Does he still tell his children not to lie after they have seen and heard him telling lies on several occasions?

Re: I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed by sapientia(m): 10:18pm On Dec 01, 2020
Once they deny it

Its true
Re: I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed by Liposure: 11:23pm On Dec 01, 2020
It seems mr lai activates his denying faculty whenever he wants to speak
Re: I Never Said Nigeria Is At Mercy Of Boko Haram – Lai Mohammed by ImadeUReadThis: 11:30pm On Dec 01, 2020
APC lying machine is badly degraded and can only repeat same old senseless lies.

Buhari needs a new Liar Mohammed.

(1) (Reply)

Politicians In The North Are Scare Of Restructuring Because- Prof Pat Utomi.. / Why Are Southern Governors Not Meeting? / Nigeria Now A Killing Field – Bishop Kukah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.