Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,608 members, 7,965,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 12:46 PM

Am Older Than Him? Please Help - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am Older Than Him? Please Help (2536 Views)

Top 6 Reasons Why You Look Older Than Your Real Age – A Must Read / Top 8 Nigerian Celebrities Who Look Way Older Than Their Age / Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Older Than Him? Please Help by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@Uju
I rather be practical. You date a guy for 6yrs on a LDR basis, things happen(good and bad) then when he is trying to make things right, she leaves. Fair enough but don't make HIM look like the devil while we can clearly see by her actions that she aint no better.

I certainly don't believe a woman should stay regardless of the r/ship at hand but I would surely like to know what was so "destructive" about this one.

What are you? The devil's advocate?

He had many chances but he ruined it . . . he intentionally deceived her! He lied to her and used her to satisfy his sexual urges when he's in Nigeria, while playing perfect hubby to his wife out there.

A relationship where the other party is a pathological liar is destructive. Abeg love doesn't work that way.

If he actually married for papers then why didn't he discuss it with his GF before he went ahead to do it undecided

My ex wanted to marry a white woman for papers but he discussed it with me first . . . . he gave me a choice to either stay or leave. That's respect/love!
Re: Am Older Than Him? Please Help by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 24, 2011
You are absolutely right about the deceit but we all know how 9ja men and women function. Men will do whatever it takes to make that dough because that's what will keep the gf happy back home regardless of what he does/did (a BB here, Gucci bag there etc)
Also, unless she was patiently waiting with her legs tightly locked (which we can see by her actions that its highly impossible) then we have nothing to talk about in that area but to simply say: we all make mistakes.
Re: Am Older Than Him? Please Help by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 24, 2011
b sincere y do you have to lie about your age to people? what if they find out will you now break up since you said you will not be comfortable if people know your age difference.
Re: Am Older Than Him? Please Help by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^^
Re: Am Older Than Him? Please Help by endmoll(m): 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2011
Ujujoan:

Why is it that once someone talks about a bf abroad people just assume there were gifts involved undecided

And even if there were, what the heck is the big deal undecided

People sef!
You forget that i am a Nigerian too and i understand a lot about Nigerian women as any other Nigerian man. Why then did she wake up now rather than thinking of her future. She was so mayopic then waiting for the constant Western union code number,If she was sensible enough how can you be with a guy for 6yrs and he lives abroad and had been married and she never knew? Even if was jazz i know that one day the jazz will clear from her eye.
Let me tell you some thing,a girl that is serious,respects,believes in herself will not wait for 6yrs to understand that she is messing with a wrong guy.
Secondly women should stay away from all these Guys who brainwash ladies due to the fact that they live in one western country or another because most of them are living fake lives over there.
Re: Am Older Than Him? Please Help by Goldieluks: 7:34pm On Mar 24, 2011
how can someone date a guy,without knowing their real age?

oh well!!
age is just a number. undecided
Re: Am Older Than Him? Please Help by endmoll(m): 7:39pm On Mar 24, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

You are absolutely right about the deceit but we all know how 9ja men and women function. Men will do whatever it takes to make that dough because that's what will keep the gf happy back home regardless of what he does/did (a BB here, Gucci bag there etc)
Also, unless she was patiently waiting with her legs tightly locked (which we can see by her actions that its highly impossible) then we have nothing to talk about in that area but to simply say: we all make mistakes.
Well said and i don't have pity for such ladies because they made there bed that way and got to sleep on it that way. The other part is that she has not learnt from her past mistake and now indulging in another relationship that is based and built on lies?? Wake up girl !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Am Older Than Him? Please Help by endmoll(m): 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2011
Ujujoan:

What are you? The devil's advocate?

He had many chances but he ruined it . . . he intentionally deceived her! He lied to her and used her to satisfy his sexual urges when he's in Nigeria, while playing perfect hubby to his wife out there.

A relationship where the other party is a pathological liar is destructive. Abeg love doesn't work that way.

If he actually married for papers then why didn't he discuss it with his GF before he went ahead to do it undecided

My ex wanted to marry a white woman for papers but he discussed it with me first . . . . he gave me a choice to either stay or leave. That's respect/love!
MRbrownJAY:

You are absolutely correct and you are talking from your personal experience which shows that you have learnt your lessons and had moved on,but the poster is still fumbling in her woes never wanting to get her self up and dust her butts and move on with her life. Did she fall dowm down with her head when she was a kid?
Re: Am Older Than Him? Please Help by BeSincere1: 8:45am On Mar 25, 2011
endmoll:

You forget that i am a Nigerian too and i understand a lot about Nigerian women as any other Nigerian man. Why then did she wake up now rather than thinking of her future. She was so mayopic then waiting for the constant Western union code number,If she was sensible enough how can you be with a guy for 6yrs and he lives abroad and had been married and she never knew? Even if was jazz i know that one day the jazz will clear from her eye.
Let me tell you some thing,a girl that is serious,respects,believes in herself will not wait for 6yrs to understand that she is messing with a wrong guy.
Secondly women should stay away from all these Guys who brainwash ladies due to the fact that they live in one western country or another because most of them are living fake lives over there.
Y do u guys always think every girl is after money or gifts form guys abroad?
Look i have a very good job right from whn i finished my service, am a lady that lives a responsible life and take care of my responsibilities.
Its quite unfortunate that i found myself in love wit the wrong guy. For the fact that he lived abroad, this guy never sent western code to me for once altho i cant deny dat i never gave me money.
If u hv been duped be4 by some girls, good for u okay.
I dont blame you but will blame myself for dragging myself into ds mess cos i was warned to move on but i was thinkin d devil i knw was better dan a n ew angel.
You dont hv to tell me wot i want or love to hear. If i was actually enjoying the money, i wuld not walk away but rather got myself another guy and continue to deceive him.
Anyway i rest my case here
Re: Am Older Than Him? Please Help by BeSincere1: 8:51am On Mar 25, 2011
andromida:

b sincere y do you have to lie about your age to people? what if they find out will you now break up since you said you will not be comfortable if people know your age difference.

What i mean is that for now we can but as time goes on i will tell my pple. My pple are caring and understanding. They wont castigate or condemn me for ds. We respect one another's opinions.
He said the same thing abt  his pple.  I knw wit time if things work out well, pple will  knw and it will be our own business not dirs.
I knw things like ds happen but am just here cs it is happening to me[quote][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Let Your Wife Drive / Is Love Natural? What Do You Think?.. / Funny Things Guys Do For The Sake Of A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.