Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,346 members, 7,891,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:46 PM

Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? (50246 Views)

How Sweet Is Sex To You? / Sex Necessary In A Relationship? / Is Sex On The First Date Acceptable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Onyi22(f): 6:35am On Dec 13, 2020
Good question
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Caseywilliams(m): 6:37am On Dec 13, 2020
erico2k2:

yes nah, nah upgrade form of friends with benefits, U remember that music, every time I try to leave something keeps holding me back? something like that
nawa ooh so is the puna/john Thomas that is holding them back
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Aguilar(m): 6:40am On Dec 13, 2020
not all men o
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by yenereal(m): 6:56am On Dec 13, 2020
Nazgul:
To me sex isn't necessary.

From my past relationships, if I'm to advice any girl I'll tell them to avoid sex and stand on it. Sex makes you suspicious of your partner. It makes you have unnecessary problems, unnecessary commitments, unnecessary responsibilities.... etc. How many guys would you keep offering your body to just to make them stay?

What makes most guys wants sex is when the financial demand from the girl becomes too much. Most girls will tell you that they're not ready for sex, but will still want you to show dedicated financial commitments towards them. No guy will ever agree to that.

Many girls naturally lack wisdom. Let me share a my own experience here. I met this girl some years ago, she told me her usual no sex till marriage. I asked her if she's a virgin she said no that she dated just one guy who broke her heart and now she has decided to zip up till her wedding night.

To me, I didn't have any problem with that. My problem was that this girl literally flirts on the phone with guys even in my presence. When I confront her she'll tell me they're just toasters that she doesn't have anything with them. She receives calls like a call center agent. Always on Facebook and WhatsApp till even midnight. And to make matters worse she's the urgent 2k type. So tell me would any guy in my shoes honour her request to date without sex....of course not. I had to end the whole stuff cos she wasn't contributing to my life in anyway. Most times I initiate a discussion with her on chat, she can't even sustain it without indirectly telling me one problem or the other she has.

My take...if you don't want sex in a relationship and you don't want to have any problem with your man concerning your stand, then avoid unnecessary request so it won't make him feel that you're owing him. Avoid flirting with other guys on phone and in reality. Concentrate on your relationship by looking for ways to make an impact in his life. It could be through business ideas, could be counseling, could be partnership in business, education...etc. also develop yourself. Let him see that your life is progressing. That you're successful in whatever it is that you're into.

Make him see you as someone he can't do without and he'll stick to you regardless of your no sex stand.

You are right here. It's been long I read good comments on NL. Your response to this is apt.
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by DEMZEE(m): 6:57am On Dec 13, 2020
wirinet:

They actually do, but it make the male folks feel uncomfortable to see women show they enjoy sex. That's why they have to pretend and deceive. 99% of women lie about their sexual exploits and experience.

Ever wonder why most African societies cut of a girls clitoris at birth? The society can't stand the thought of women enjoying sex.

Men love it if their wives love sex. Sex is only pure and undiluted in marriage anything outside that is just diminishing the woman's worth or value especially in terms of marriage.

Nooo African societies want to raise good families by ensuring most women are virgins b4 getting married. Then u can enjoy sex with ur husband

African societies don't promote hoes and whoredom for women. We are not like the foolish western society whom have made women and marriage worthless.

Hoes and whores don't raise good children and they don't keep a good home
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by DEMZEE(m): 6:59am On Dec 13, 2020
purples25:

Well there's the truth but it's easier said than done.

Kudos to those who can do it though. I guess they're the ones who end up married.

I kinda doubt

But they might be the ones who stay married till death do them apart
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by kosiebe(m): 7:10am On Dec 13, 2020
Uzomacharles:

Please eeh

Can you date a guy with no dick?

This is for those saying sex is not important in a relationship..

If you ain't ready for sex while indulging in a relationship....

Just tell the dude that you ain't ready for any sort of friendship or relationship....
Bottle beer for you
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by shaksman96(m): 7:10am On Dec 13, 2020
fati2001:

I don edit am to 12...
if u like change am to virgin mary with 5 dozen kids
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by kosiebe(m): 7:13am On Dec 13, 2020
Uzomacharles:

@Bolded Don't even try using that word or sentence on me please and please...
Abeg Very serious about it..
Say any other thing you want to say but don't try that statement again...

You want to involve in a relationship only to benefit right?
Why don't you ask the guy when he will be willing to settle down as a man...
This is all you get dating young boys....
That your bolded word should be used properly..
U will ask me if I have used any word to lay any of your sis or whoever...
No try am again
You get time they answer that person
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by fati2001(m): 7:14am On Dec 13, 2020
shaksman96:
if u like change am to virgin mary with 5 dozen kids

en com concern you...

WAHALA TIE GELE..
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Erotix: 7:18am On Dec 13, 2020
larryking540:

sorry to interrupt you ,I know ladies who prefer to give Mouth Action instead of sex ,what's your take in that

They will have to look for guys that prefer blow jobs and get into relationship with them.
“Two cannot walk, except they agree “
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by shaksman96(m): 7:19am On Dec 13, 2020
purples25:

If only men would just marry and love their virgins first and last. Oh well.

Lets hope all the remaining and upcoming virgins are only picked up by men ready for marriage who will wife them up and instantly love them.

Asides this, I wouldn't advice any virgin to give in believing that he's going to love her or something. Based on the deal, marriage first.
virgin wey no get anything to offer b4 the marriage dem go bleep am, stay ur fada house till u ready for courtship wey wedding go sup within a year. this is 21st century, no time
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by wirinet(m): 7:26am On Dec 13, 2020
DEMZEE:

Men love it if their wives love sex. Sex is only pure and undiluted in marriage anything outside that is just diminishing the woman's worth or value especially in terms of marriage.
You are persisting with your arguing senselessly again. You are the that made a blanket statement that women don't enjoy sex, I debunked it, by pointing it that they pretent because men feels women that shows they enjoy sex are seen as whores, now you are going of the tangent once again by saying women enjoy sex only inside marriage.

Nooo African societies want to raise good families by ensuring most women are virgins b4 getting married. Then u can enjoy sex with ur husband
Really? You just make up crazy assertions with so much confidence.

African societies don't promote hoes and whoredom for women. We are not like the foolish western society whom have made women and marriage worthless.

African societies that promotes polygamy and female genital mutilation is foolish?
The same western society that gave you your religion, culture, system of governance and economy is foolish? You are obviously delusional.

I don't know about good homes, but hoes and whores raise good children as any Christian or pastor. Most wayward children are children of christians and pastors. You have a conditions known as whorephobia or hoephobia.

1 Like

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by shaksman96(m): 7:30am On Dec 13, 2020
fati2001:

en com concern you...

WAHALA TIE GELE..
Concern me ke! nibo.....wahala 4 who e concern. neman tsokana
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by fati2001(m): 7:33am On Dec 13, 2020
shaksman96:
Concern me ke! nibo.....wahala 4 who e concern. neman tsokana

then why the mentioned in first place... if en no concern you?...

go find trouble for another side.
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by DEMZEE(m): 7:35am On Dec 13, 2020
wirinet:

You are persisting with your arguing senselessly again. You are the that made a blanket statement that women don't enjoy sex, I debunked it, by pointing it that they pretent because men feels women that shows they enjoy sex are seen as whores, now you are going of the tangent once again by saying women enjoy sex only inside marriage.

Really? You just make up crazy assertions with so much confidence.

African societies that promotes polygamy and female genital mutilation is foolish?
The same western society that gave you your religion, culture, system of governance and economy is foolish? You are obviously delusional.

I don't know about good homes, but hoes and whores raise good children as any Christian or pastor. Most wayward children are children of christians and pastors. You have a conditions known as whorephobia or hoephobia.

Sex is meant to b enjoyed only in marriage for the woman.

Polygamy is our culture, but it is outlawed in the west and yet men in the west still have plenty baby mamas whom they may never marry.

I m not using religion, but I'm using biology, science and my traditional beliefs.

How do u want to raise good children under a single parent system??
It's the worst way,especially single mothers, to raise children.

Western culture that has promoted divorce rape through ur fem centric family court laws

We Africans hate divorce and value marriage, our women and children

HOES AND WHORES DON'T KNOW HOW TO KEEP A GOOD HOME TALKLESS OF RAISING GOOD CHILDREN
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 13, 2020
NoToPile:

This table you are shaking ehn grin grin

Sex before marriage is one thing that is frowned at in Christianity, Islam and even traditionally/culturally. That's the only thing the 3 seem to agree on. E get why ooo.

I am a Christian and I will always say it having sex before marriage is not worth it both male and female. Even if you have been having sex before you can still change, decide to stop and hold on till you get married.

Show me a man/woman that can delay gratification for an appointed time,that is someone with a high level of self control and endurance.

Beside Sex has never and can never keep a man lailai so for my sisters what exactly is the point, I am talking as a married woman.

And then the spiritual side, sexual immorality has opened people to a whole lot of problems, but they will say na lie, If only God can open their eyes. Our bodies are the temple of the living God- some people no dey open bible reach that side

Lemme read down more I know you will be quoted a lot
If only they will listen.
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by shadeyinka(m): 7:37am On Dec 13, 2020
wirinet:

Different strokes for different folks. There are more that 7 billion people on earth each with different personalities. That you could wait for two and a half years does not make it the standard of other men. Some can't wait for one month.
I only answered her question of "Why do ALL men...?".
I have only said that it is NOT all men!
My choosing not to have sex is based on my religious values. If not for that, I would certainly had attempted to have sex with her.

wirinet:

Yes, sex is very important to men in most relationships. A sexless marriage or relationship is likely to fail.
Sex is overrated when it comes to relationships. My 2.5 years wait and sexless relationship resulted in marriage: meaning that your claim is too general. However in marriage it is like tn engine oil that lubricates other areas of the relationship. Sexless marriage relationships are usually a symptom of deeper fundamental problems. Why do you think some men commit adultery? Is it because sex isn't enough?

wirinet:

Why should the man invest heavily financially and emotionally if he gains nothing from the relationship? What differentiates the relationship from any other relationship?
Any one sided relationship is likely not going to be stable.
What do I want in a relationship? Sex or Her as a person?

wirinet:

As I said, different strokes for different folks. I have a friend who married his wife because he slept with her the same day they met, and he always boasts of it. He is a successful lawyer today.

Same as above. You don't speak for all men.
Like I have said, I have only stated that there are exceptions to the fact that ALL men want a sex filled relationship with a lady before marrying her.
For some of us, our relationship with God is more important than pleasures.

wirinet:

You obviously have never been to divorce court and hear the reason for filing for divorce. Most times sex plays a part.

Define sexual purity. If you are talking about body count before marriage. Then there is no scientific data to suggest that virgins have more successful marriages than their non virgin counterparts.
Sexless marriage relationships where both parties are healthy is just a symptom of deeper problems.
Character is more important to the success of marriage than sexual excellence.
Virginity is NOT a guarantee for having a good marriage: the character is!
However, there are some TRUST related issues that sexual purity before marriage solves.

wirinet:

True. Also the fact that you don't give in also does not guarantee he marries you or that if he marries you the marriage will be a successful one. It would even be a travesty if he marries you because of his desire to break your virginity.
Most men are strongly driven by their SEXUALITY and if not for the reason of religion, there is really no other reason to prohibit a man having sex with any woman.

The truth of the matter is that Ladies stand to GAIN or LOSE with whoever they have sex with: the men lose nothing except spiritually!

1 Like

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by kolas88(m): 7:42am On Dec 13, 2020
Liers and pretenders everywhere.as if 98 percent of them are not having sex in their relationships. That's why Nigeria is as it is today. Nobody wants to say the truth. Sign of last hour

1 Like

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by felixawe(m): 7:42am On Dec 13, 2020
It's necessary. Otherwise both parties agreed.
For me no sex no money.... Money back for ground ����

1 Like

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by tabtabtab: 7:51am On Dec 13, 2020
Is SALT necessary in a soup/sauce/stew?
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Liposure: 7:52am On Dec 13, 2020
DEMZEE:

unfortunately our morally conscious african society is being eroded by crude western ideas and cultures we copied from the media because we think it is modern and progressive.
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by IDERAWOLE(m): 7:54am On Dec 13, 2020
Misslilbootay:
I am not a virgin because the guy I dated before made it seem like sex was the only thing that could keep him.
Unfortunately, that is another story of its own.

Recently, a friend of mine came and asked me if sex was necessary to keep a relationship. She told me the guy has given her everything she needed in a man but he couldn't stop asking for sex. She said that she wasn't ready to compromise her faith that premarital sex was a sin but she didn't want to lose this guy as he felt that her refusal to have sex with him meant she didn't love him.

The question I'm throwing now is
1. Can a man stay without sex in a relationship and wait till she is ready. (As in this case, she wants to wait till she is married)
2. Why is sex so important to men in a relationship? Do they see it as reciprocating of love especially when they spend heavily on the lady?
3. Also, most men wants a decent lady. Here is a lady who wants to keep herself for her husband but the boyfriend sees it as she manipulating him. Since you guys want a lady that isn't a borehole, why do you demand for sex when you are not sure if it will work out?

Your intelligent opinions will be appreciated.

Whether you'll keep your decision to get married before engaging in further sexual relationship will depend on your understanding of the reasons for that decision.

If you don't have understanding of it, you'll soon cave in to the pressure.

It's clear that your man has no such understanding, that's why he's calling it manipulation.

So, please sit down with the scriptures and find the reasons for that instructions. Let it not be somebody's opinion is what you're following. Be convinced about it.

God asked the believers to keep their chastity till the wedding night at least.

You don't begin to steal what's going to be yours at the end of the day.

Sex is good but allowed only within the boundary of marriage or else the whole world will be full of bastards, not knowing who's pregnancy a woman is carrying after sleeping around. God isn't interested in fathering bastards. So, God gave boundaries.

If sex is what will prove to that guy you love him, you're about to enter one chance bus. There are other ladies that will give him better sex than you, so don't fall for it.

For most men, due to our libido, sex is a great appeal to us. But undefined sex will soon tire the guy. Sex is like an icings on a cake. What you bake and eat is the cake, icing is only to make it sweeter.

Marriage is the cake, sex is the icing. You can have marriage without sex, but the beauty of a cake that has icing is that, with little of it you're excited. Without icing however, you can finish a whole baked cake before you know it. The result of that is that you may soon get bored. At the same time, you can't be eating the icing alone, you'll soon have running stomach if not pile/diabetes, because icing is nothing but sugar.

Having given you all these analogies, you should know what to do. Let the guy go and you avoid the future agony awaiting you. Let me also warn you that when you eventually get married, satisfy your husband with sex, not just in quantity but quality. Sex isn't just skin to skin, it involves more than just intercourse, so go learn how to make sweet sex happen.

Most ladies feel men don't know anything, just open your legs and let him pour it in there. He'll soon begin to look for different places to pour it into. But quality sex will make your man stayed glued to you. Same goes for men too. Give your wife quality sex, and it will be forever together. Quality sex is scarce.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by shaksman96(m): 7:54am On Dec 13, 2020
Nuttella:
If only they will listen.
if only they will start billing their fathers, brothers, and close relatives and stop making demands like ASUU, demands and favours their fathers can't meet. that way their body will be safe and guys will look elsewhere. leave guys to help whoever they want to out of generousity without asking 4 sumtin in return not in the name of gf/bf stuff.
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by TheSERAPH: 7:56am On Dec 13, 2020
Nuttella:
Fornication is a deadly sin, flee from it. The consequences are brutal. Any man that wants to sleep with you while dating you does not actually love you and when he gets tired of you, he will move on to the next lady. Stop sharing your body, your body is the temple of the holy spirit which dwells in you. Stop creating soul ties with strange men, you will regret it later by the time sexual demons start tormenting your life, that is why many men and women have spirit husband and wife.

This shouldn't be coming from you.

You are guilty of this but May God have

mercy  on you.Romans 7:15     
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Ejiod(m): 8:00am On Dec 13, 2020
One of the reasons I really don’t like associating myself as Nigerian is the height of insincerity and being fake. Just look at what Religion has done to this country. Religion here in Africa is like prison.
Truth be told we all want sex and that’s a fact. Paint it anyhow it’s just the plain truth. Some would prefer blowJ and HandJ and still say it’s not sex.. smh.
How will you be in a relationship and say sex is a sin when you lie and commit other form of sin, to me that’s just blatant pretense.
As par me concerned sex should never be a rule or bargain for any relationship. In this life everyone should be happy not being in a cage. That’s how this cage brought boko haram and recent kidnappings

2 Likes

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 8:01am On Dec 13, 2020
Nazgul:
To me sex isn't necessary.

From my past relationships, if I'm to advice any girl I'll tell them to avoid sex and stand on it. Sex makes you suspicious of your partner. It makes you have unnecessary problems, unnecessary commitments, unnecessary responsibilities.... etc. How many guys would you keep offering your body to just to make them stay?

What makes most guys wants sex is when the financial demand from the girl becomes too much. Most girls will tell you that they're not ready for sex, but will still want you to show dedicated financial commitments towards them. No guy will ever agree to that.

Many girls naturally lack wisdom. Let me share a my own experience here. I met this girl some years ago, she told me her usual no sex till marriage. I asked her if she's a virgin she said no that she dated just one guy who broke her heart and now she has decided to zip up till her wedding night.

To me, I didn't have any problem with that. My problem was that this girl literally flirts on the phone with guys even in my presence. When I confront her she'll tell me they're just toasters that she doesn't have anything with them. She receives calls like a call center agent. Always on Facebook and WhatsApp till even midnight. And to make matters worse she's the urgent 2k type. So tell me would any guy in my shoes honour her request to date without sex....of course not. I had to end the whole stuff cos she wasn't contributing to my life in anyway. Most times I initiate a discussion with her on chat, she can't even sustain it without indirectly telling me one problem or the other she has.

My take...if you don't want sex in a relationship and you don't want to have any problem with your man concerning your stand, then avoid unnecessary request so it won't make him feel that you're owing him. Avoid flirting with other guys on phone and in reality. Concentrate on your relationship by looking for ways to make an impact in his life. It could be through business ideas, could be counseling, could be partnership in business, education...etc. also develop yourself. Let him see that your life is progressing. That you're successful in whatever it is that you're into.

Make him see you as someone he can't do without and he'll stick to you regardless of your no sex stand.
Guy wat happen? Because is not necessary that's why u wrote all these epistle? Oversabi

1 Like

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by DEMZEE(m): 8:03am On Dec 13, 2020
Liposure:
unfortunately our morally conscious african society is being eroded by crude western ideas and cultures we copied from the media because we think it is modern and progressive.

Ahbi

That's why we need to uphold our traditions and traditional values especially wen it comes to sex and marriage.

We can't b like the west that has revolutionize sex for women, that is why marriage is worthless over there SMH!!
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 8:06am On Dec 13, 2020
femmoy:
foolish nairaland girls,it's now you are claiming holy holy relationship but you wouldn't be holy or spiritual when making demands your father's can't meet.

I hate Naija girls mentality.
awon
Omo deedeereen

1 Like

Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by shaksman96(m): 8:10am On Dec 13, 2020
DEMZEE:

Ahbi

That's why we need to uphold our traditions and traditional values especially wen it comes to sex and marriage.

We can't b like the west that has revolutionize sex for women, that is why marriage is worthless over there SMH!!
there little we can do 2 change that, the western culture is already taking over
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Liposure: 8:12am On Dec 13, 2020
Erotix:

They will have to look for guys that prefer blow jobs and get into relationship with them.
“Two cannot walk, except they agree “
and that will be their undoing. One day they will succumb to the main sex
Re: Is Sex Necessary In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 13, 2020
they want relationship without sex

the same relationship they will expect you to get them iphones and put them on a salary

yea, they can keep searching, still lots of simps out there, but men are wiser now undecided

like the person earlier said, no sex, no financial commitment, that way its even..

they claim no sex but go around behind you sleeping with guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend During Sunday Service In Abuja Church (Photos) / Beautiful Igbo Women / Man Asked Whether To Call Off Wedding After Fiancee Cheated. He Got This Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.