Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:50 AM

INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. (8464 Views)

Why FG Suspended Comptroller General Of Immigration – Femi Adesina / 12 Types Of People You Will Meet On Election Day / Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by kevoh(m): 12:35pm On Mar 25, 2011
Maybe spy camera pen or button will do the trick to defeat their rigging aim.Does anyone know where I can buy one in abuja or Lagos?
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by JimmyBoy1: 12:40pm On Mar 25, 2011
If this happen to be true, whom do you think will be the beneficiary of such a law? the answer is anybody's guess,
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by onyengbu: 12:44pm On Mar 25, 2011
Very soon some of u guys will blame GEJ and PDP for ur erectile dysfunction.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by dabraska: 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2011
dese PDP bastards and their strategies, dat guy is very unbright, y cant we use our fones durin elections?
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Dede1(m): 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2011
@OP

Why Africans in general and Nigerians in particular always show acts that were manifested by ill form of education. Cell phones and cameras could be banned in polling station for good reasons not only in Nigeria but in developed countries.

These devices should be allowed in the hands of designated officials conducting the election to avoid the menace of dubious individuals who have every intention to incite chaos and propagate insidious rumors that will truncate the intended transparency.

Granted the technology is here for our usage, we must strive to use it with guarded intentions in order to produce desired results.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by sley4life(m): 12:49pm On Mar 25, 2011
y. Its non.sense. Does it mean observers would not make use of camera phones or wat
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by mrofficial(m): 12:54pm On Mar 25, 2011
LWTMB! What has mobile phone got to do with voting now? Besides, I'm going there with 100 mega pixels CCTV grin. Basta[i]r[/i]ds!
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Pharoh: 12:56pm On Mar 25, 2011
eros:

EVERYTHING. angry angry angry

So the inspector general of police if goodluck or he is a pdp card carrying member?.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Pukkah: 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2011
Until our system is such that it is the best of us that get appointed/elected to leadership positions, the 'reverse gear' which these clueless policy makers have put this hapless country will not abate.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by bing(m): 1:05pm On Mar 25, 2011
why?
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by loudmouth: 1:05pm On Mar 25, 2011
Did the IGP give any reason for that directive?
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by leonaidas(m): 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2011
singing. how many people soldier go kill ooo!! how many people soldier go kill!! eeeee dem go kill us taya eee oo dem kill us taya. how many people soldier go kill!! d pdp(Nigerian) police force is at it again oo. i will go with my phone let me see the hediot that will stop me.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by 3kay945(m): 1:20pm On Mar 25, 2011
, well i have no words for the stup.id inspector nonsense of police, all i know is that my SONY ERICSSON cell phone is always ready and available. beside, i live behind police station. i see the men in black every day extorting money from keke napep and buses. i will also film that too.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Ibime(m): 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2011
Ringim, Jonathan's right hand man right from Bayelsa days.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by redsun(m): 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2011
#President(rogue)na him dey control of police #president na him dey control of army #so army and police dem be thieves too well well. Courtesy of d legend,Fela. Nigerian police just like nigerian govt is a crime syndicate,period.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by 1025: 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2011
who said pdp is not going to fight with nigerians? it is important america and europe come closer bcs we will not take this rubbish from them this time.
we want change and BB2011 is the way forward.
1000 hafiz rigging cannot stop us. nigerian police is a symbol of corruption so i am not surprised.
we are going to the polls not only with phones but with cameras of different types. the whole world must follow up online immediately. we will never experience that 2007 shame again.
BB2011 na where we dey.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by naijasing(f): 1:32pm On Mar 25, 2011
they dnt know wat they re saying would i sit in my house nonsense
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by 1United1: 1:37pm On Mar 25, 2011
Then the rigging has started. It is a shame. Why wouldn't this primitive Ijaw man allow Nigerians to choose their Leader in a free and fair environment. This is promising to be our last fight.  I have just bought a 15.8 mega pixel camera ready for use. Lets go there.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 25, 2011
Ringim should go and read his job describtion. His job does not include making laws, he can only implement laws. Nigerians have freedom of speech movement and association. If I want to walk around with my phone its perfectly legal. Mr IG Ringim that statement is illegal, don't be a law breaker, see your collegues after doing dirty work for various politicians none can enjoy his retirement because they are full of regrets. Ringim is just stressed take the weekend off and come back on monday give a press conference and insist its all a misunderdtanding
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by Gbawe: 1:46pm On Mar 25, 2011
Ibime:

Ringim, Jonathan's right hand man right from Bayelsa days.

That is all anyone needs to know so they can see what needs to be seen. Let us not forget that the way Ringim was promoted above many who were his academic superior , with better records of competence as crime fighters, only points to the notion that Jonathan simply needs his own Ehindero, Okiro or Onovo i.e compromised Police bosses only loyal to the President of the day rather than being committed to do what is in the best interest of Nigeria. Ringim was appointed to help GEJ rig the election. HE certainly was not appointed for his competence because we can see how poor security has become on Ringim's watch. Folks think I call GEJ a cynical opportunist for nothing . Jonathan chose Ringim IGP and the Senate ratified the appointment. same thing with Adoke as AGF. Surely GEJ's many poor appointments show that the man will destroy Nigeria. Jonathan ignored the dire consequences , for Nigeria , the  appointment of Ringim could cause because of wanton opportunism . Those are the type of crazily selfish actions that will tip Nigeria over the edge.

http://www.saharareporters.com/report/why-hafiz-ringim-not-good-choice-igp

All the foregoing are necessary in order to expose the critical lack of thinking/analysis or perhaps debased parochialism displayed by the Presidency in appointing Hafiz Ringim as the new Acting IGP, thereby signing the death-warrant of an organization that has been on death-row for many years.

FACTS OF THE MATTER:
•    Mr Hafiz Ringim was officially number ten (10) in the Police hierarchy at the time he was appointed Acting IGP, which means he jumped over nine (9) other officers in reaching his current post.

•    In the top ten list, he was the least qualified academically, as his highest Educational qualification is an Advance Diploma, while the nine officers before him have at least a University degree, a couple of them actually have Masters degree. He enrolled in the force as Cadet Inspector with a School Cert, while the nine Officers he jumped over each enrolled as Cadet ASP because of their University degrees.

•    Was he demonstrably better than all the Officers he jumped over? A very simple look at all the Officers and their previous postings and achievement in crime fighting will reveal the injustice in his appointment. His last posting, until his appointment as IGP was as AIG Zone 9 which comprises Abia, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi and Anambra State. The Zonal command was at Umuahia, Abia State. On the day he was appointed Acting IGP, banks in Aba, Abia State, had not operated for a week, due to the challenge of armed robbery. It was under his watch that four journalists were kidnapped in Abia State, till date, do we know the people who kidnapped the journalists?? Do we know where they were kept while in captivating? Oh I forgot, the journalist have being released, no wahala, life can go on. In more serious countries, Mr Hafiz Ringim will be accounting for his cluelessness and ineptitude in Zone 9, and not sitting in the comfort of the pent-office of Louis Edet House as IGP. By contrast, the nine Officers he jumped over didn’t have such glaring operational encumbrances; most of them had very measurable achievements in crime fighting in previous Command and Zonal postings.

•    Were his remaining service years longer than that of the nine individual Officers? The answer again is no, because he has only two years left in service, while all the people he jumped over have more years than himself. Infact, two of the now retired six DIGs each have five (5) years left in service, another two have between three and four left, while the AIGs ahead of him all had more time left in service.

What are the implications for the Police Force if his appointment is ratified?

[b]It is the considered opinion of this writer that the decision if approved by the Police Council and the National Assembly has the potential to:

•    Effectively rob the Police Force of almost twenty (20) years of service, thereby greatly undermining the capacity of the Force to properly groom it’s next generation of Officers, as the six DIGs have between them that amount of time left, but they are being forced to retire voluntarily, so as not to suffer the indignity of saluting and reporting to their less qualified junior.

•    Undermine productivity, efficiency, commitment and dedication to service from henceforth, as it will soon become glaring to all the remaining Officers who are currently jubilating that there will be mass promotion, that there is no longer job security and guaranties for finishing careers even without any clear case of misdemeanor. Instead Officers reaching the end of their careers will concentrate more energy and Government time in growing their own private enterprise.

•    Fuel more corruption in the force, as Officers now have justification to abuse their commission in order to quickly accumulate resources for their retirement. Although it must be noted that corruption and the Police are like Siamese twins, this situation will take it a whole new level, and the Force might never recover again
.[/b]
What can be done to mitigate this potential damages??

•    This writer believes that in the best interest of the Force, Society and Country, all men and women of goodwill with access to the President, should plead with him to reconsider the appointment again. Else historians will record this as another negative watershed in the life of the Nigerian Nation.

•    I believe also, that the time has come for us as a Nation to start looking at the workability of State or Regional Police as part of a truly restructured federation. This behemoth called the NPF is not working, changing the IGP and sacking all his immediate subordinates is too cosmetic.

Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by fuke(m): 1:50pm On Mar 25, 2011
Beaf where are you?

See the kind of people you are defending with all your intelligence.
I am sure this will make you sick from inside.

A shallow mind giving an order that can not be enforced.

Some cameras can shoot from quite a distance.
If I want to talk on my phone I do not have to do it at the boot.

Yeye people
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by redsun(m): 1:50pm On Mar 25, 2011
D rogue nigerian system is swimming against d high tide,against d age of information,transperancy,accountability and d masses freedom. D straw must be seperated harvest,peeps like Gej,obj,aneni and co must serve their time in jail for nigeria to move on.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by jason123: 1:59pm On Mar 25, 2011
The rigging actually started since the false population announcement!!! This is just pathetic!!!! angry angry angry
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by jason123: 2:00pm On Mar 25, 2011
GEJ cannot win a free and fair election and he knows it, that is why he is rigging it!!! angry
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by fesse(f): 2:12pm On Mar 25, 2011
Lets assume he did not say such a thing becos if he do, then they should be ready to arrest all the elegible youths.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by arsenal1(m): 2:23pm On Mar 25, 2011
I will record all the events at my ward with a hidden cctv cam with an ip powered netview software on my lappy at home
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by ideylaff: 2:40pm On Mar 25, 2011
Armed Robbers are busy all over, the IG is talking about Mobile Phones,

do these people have to really open their mouth and say rubbish like this,

His mates in other countries are busy fighting crime and solving issues that matter,

See the level of people wey dey position of authority, Chei, Kai, Omase oooo What a Pity, ds country don fall oooo  cry
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by harpo(m): 2:51pm On Mar 25, 2011
Ringim and the rest of them are all Schmucksssssssssssssssss
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by ElecMonito: 3:19pm On Mar 25, 2011
This is absolutely unacceptable. Nigerians must arise to defend their mandate in a peaceful manner. Nigerians across the nation should ensure that they monitor the 2011 elections and report and upload any discrepancies or irregularities for all to see on www.electionmonitor.com.ng . You can register through your Facebook or twitter account in just a few seconds!!! JOIN THE MOVEMENT TODAY!!!
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by trusted(m): 3:30pm On Mar 25, 2011
What the hell is he saying? Abeg help me ask him is he insane? Why i no go carry my phone to the polling boot? Infact i am not only going with my phone but also with a camera. Bullshit.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by lakeside4love(m): 3:33pm On Mar 25, 2011
I ve bought a new 8gigabytes memory card 4 dis election.Na non stop capturing i wan do.To hell wit Rimgim.
Re: INspector General of Police bans the use of Phones and Camera On Election Day. by JUO(m): 3:41pm On Mar 25, 2011
these people want to spoil this country for us. anyway i violence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of El-zakzaky's 3 Children Allegedly Killed By The Orders From "Above" / How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness / Return Nnamdi Kanu To Jail In 7 Days Igbos Tells Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.