Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,132 members, 7,880,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:58 PM

11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) (33894 Views)

Pelumi Nubi Involved In Accident While Driving By Road From London To Lagos / No Survivor In Lekki Fatal Accident As Seven Youths Die / Ghana Groom Crushed To Death In Car Crash While Going To His Wedding Reception (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) by MacDodger: 12:34pm On Dec 13, 2020
Tillatalk:
I remembered when I went for NDA exam we were up to 3000 aspirants that came from Edo but they only chose 15 aspirants imagine .. corruption is everywhere jare
NDA is usually 10 per states, then 5 reserved
Re: 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) by Tillatalk: 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2020
MacDodger:
NDA is usually 10 per states, then 5 reserved
bro e pain me die I just wasted my precious jamb score that year
Re: 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) by Bahamas95(m): 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2020
So painful they died in vain.

Nigerian military nor be wetin person pikin suppose join now......RIP to them.

Re: 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) by translux(m): 1:03pm On Dec 13, 2020
My only worries is that Buhari Administration has sent Nigeria back ward to the time far back to 1981, the next Administration will definitely have a lot of problems because of the damage Buhari has done to this great country
Re: 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) by Marine25: 1:21pm On Dec 13, 2020
Rest in peace brothers
jaybenugo:
11 Jigawa Youths Die In Fatal Road Accident While Going For Nigerian Navy Screening Exam (Photos)

Eleven young men from Gagarawa Local Government Area of Jigawa State have died in a road accident while travelling to Kano for the Nigerian Navy screening examination/Aptitude test, IgbereTV reports.

The accident occurred along Jigawa-Kano road on Saturday, December 12, when their vehicle rammed into a trailer, which was parked wrongly by the road.

It was gathered that the candidates left their homes around 5:00 a.m. hoping to reach their destination on time for the exam.

The Nigerian Navy Apitude Test for the 2020 recruitment exercise was scheduled to take place in Saturday at 30 centres across the nation.

A resident, Abba Muhammad, identified the deceased persons as Auwalu Mohammed; Mutari Sule; Ibrahim Sani; Katimu Muhammad; Dauda Salisu; Musbahu Yakubu, Rabiu Muhammad-Ado; Salim Muhammad-sani; Akibu Ubali-sale; and Murtala Salisu, while another, who died in the hospital, is yet to be identified.

Muhammad, whose brother was among the victims, told news men that reckless driving and nonchalant attitude of the state’s authorities to administer punishment on reckless drivers was responsible for the reoccurring crash on the Gagarawa-Kano Highway.

Spokesperson of the Jigawa State Police Command, Audu Jinjiri, said the accident involved a commercial Golf 3 wagon, with registration number AA 320 TAR, Jigawa, which was conveying twelve passengers to Kano.

The driver, Auwalu Muhammad, 30, was driving from Gagarawa Local Government to Kano with the said passengers. On reaching ‘Abdullahi Masallaci’ rammed into stationed DAF truck, Jinjiri said.

The truck, with registration number DUT 201, Jigawa was parked by one Aminu Hassan, 25, of Mallamadori Local Government Area of Jigawa, after developing a mechanical fault.

“The truck was parked and occupied almost half of an incoming lane as a result ten persons including the driver, lost their lives on the spot, while two others are responding to treatment. One other victim later died in the hospital and all corpses (are) released to relatives for burial," he explained.

The spokesperson said the driver of the truck has been arrested and would be prosecuted soon.

Adamu Muhd Usman shared photos of ten of the victims on Facebook, describing the tragedy as sorrowful moment for the Nigeria and Jigawa state.

Adamu Muhd Usman wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/100002158503040/posts/3452019038213346/?app=fbl

https://igberetvnews.com/1375136/11-jigawa-youths-die-fatal-road-accident-going-nigerian-navy-screening-exam-photos/
Re: 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) by Poloyanabo2(m): 2:06pm On Dec 13, 2020
Obinnasvg:
Damn may their Souls Rest In Peace ...
Where were they rushing to tho?
The screening was starting on 27th dec for them .
Its two screening, this one youre showing is interview, the one they were heading to was the aptitude test for ratings.
I was there....
Re: 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
Tillatalk:
I remembered when I went for NDA exam we were up to 3000 aspirants that came from Edo but they only chose 15 aspirants imagine .. corruption is everywhere jare

Imagine! 15 out of 3000? The Northerners get the most slots.
Re: 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2020
jaydeevaa:
golf 3, 12 passengers ? that's overload

It has two long seats and single in front. 8 at the back while 3 in the front including the driver.
Re: 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2020
jaydeevaa:
golf 3, 12 passengers ? that's overload

It has two long seats and single in front. 8 at the back while 3 in the front including the driver.
Re: 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) by Bnladan(m): 4:46pm On Dec 13, 2020
JudasNaCarrot:
All these children that have infested Nairaland. This place used to be for matured people but not anymore.

Kid please stop insulting your elders just because this forum is faceless or it may end in tears.

Cc:
Seun please do something about all these kids in Nairaland insulting people anyhow before it is too late.
says a fool who joined nairaland in 2018. U hv no idea who is behind this moniker. If u did, u wouldn't have said dat u little bag of shit. Piss off scum
Re: 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) by bibbiana(f): 5:16pm On Dec 13, 2020
Dying over a job that has no guarantee, and making a trial killed them. Four people sits in front. Just imagine 2 people sitting on driver's sit, how easy will it be to control the vehicle
Re: 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) by Stanleyq: 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

So to you the way the truck was parked was okay abi.
Its not that Ok but, u Dont know de gravity of spoilt mechanisms, may be de tyre did nt allow him move anymore.
Re: 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) by MedicH: 5:30pm On Dec 13, 2020
Ahmad62:
Golf's accident is automatically a "DELETE ALL"

Only in Nigeria's most backward region will golf 3 carry 12 passengers. Even driver fit lap one passenger still de drive.
Re: 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) by kabillionaire(m): 7:57pm On Dec 13, 2020
so sad. the rate of accidents up north these days is alarming.
Re: 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) by Emerituz(m): 12:07am On Dec 14, 2020
walosky:
How can Golf3 carry ten passengers?

DID I READ WELL AT ALL?
If you've been to the North you will understand this is unusual
Re: 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) by EagleSquare1(m): 10:16am On Dec 14, 2020
I left Dutse for Kano on Saturday at exactly 6:12am to be in Kano before 8:00am for a different reason. But I can relate with this incident because it could have been anyone who fell victim. We arrived Kano safely and give God all the glory. For these young Nigerians, may their souls Rest In Peace.

Time for the authorities to once again look into road safety issues. I recall chatting with my colleague on the Kano-Kaduna leg of the journey that I have generally observed that in the North drivers and passengers have no business with seatbelts. From the pictures of the accident scene, I can see it is an extended (Estate) version of the Volkswagen Golf car. Any surprise how 10 passengers could have died in a small 5-seater car? It is normal for drivers in that region to adopt the 2-4-4 loading system. 2 passengers
in the front, 4 in the middle, and 4 in the booth! Yes, that's how it goes.

The FRSC turn a blind eye to all these in the guise of 'understanding' the situation. It's so unfortunate, and such agencies should just do their job.

jaybenugo:
11 Jigawa Youths Die In Fatal Road Accident While Going For Nigerian Navy Screening Exam (Photos)

Eleven young men from Gagarawa Local Government Area of Jigawa State have died in a road accident while travelling to Kano for the Nigerian Navy screening examination/Aptitude test, IgbereTV reports.

The accident occurred along Jigawa-Kano road on Saturday, December 12, when their vehicle rammed into a trailer, which was parked wrongly by the road.

It was gathered that the candidates left their homes around 5:00 a.m. hoping to reach their destination on time for the exam.

The Nigerian Navy Apitude Test for the 2020 recruitment exercise was scheduled to take place in Saturday at 30 centres across the nation.

A resident, Abba Muhammad, identified the deceased persons as Auwalu Mohammed; Mutari Sule; Ibrahim Sani; Katimu Muhammad; Dauda Salisu; Musbahu Yakubu, Rabiu Muhammad-Ado; Salim Muhammad-sani; Akibu Ubali-sale; and Murtala Salisu, while another, who died in the hospital, is yet to be identified.

Muhammad, whose brother was among the victims, told news men that reckless driving and nonchalant attitude of the state’s authorities to administer punishment on reckless drivers was responsible for the reoccurring crash on the Gagarawa-Kano Highway.

Spokesperson of the Jigawa State Police Command, Audu Jinjiri, said the accident involved a commercial Golf 3 wagon, with registration number AA 320 TAR, Jigawa, which was conveying twelve passengers to Kano.

The driver, Auwalu Muhammad, 30, was driving from Gagarawa Local Government to Kano with the said passengers. On reaching ‘Abdullahi Masallaci’ rammed into stationed DAF truck, Jinjiri said.

The truck, with registration number DUT 201, Jigawa was parked by one Aminu Hassan, 25, of Mallamadori Local Government Area of Jigawa, after developing a mechanical fault.

“The truck was parked and occupied almost half of an incoming lane as a result ten persons including the driver, lost their lives on the spot, while two others are responding to treatment. One other victim later died in the hospital and all corpses (are) released to relatives for burial," he explained.

The spokesperson said the driver of the truck has been arrested and would be prosecuted soon.

Adamu Muhd Usman shared photos of ten of the victims on Facebook, describing the tragedy as sorrowful moment for the Nigeria and Jigawa state.

Adamu Muhd Usman wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/100002158503040/posts/3452019038213346/?app=fbl

https://igberetvnews.com/1375136/11-jigawa-youths-die-fatal-road-accident-going-nigerian-navy-screening-exam-photos/
Re: 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) by EagleSquare1(m): 10:19am On Dec 14, 2020
It's possible the Golf car was switched over to the other side of the expressway way.

Stanleyq:
Its not that Ok but, u Dont know de gravity of spoilt mechanisms, may be de tyre did nt allow him move anymore.
Re: 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix) by nativefowl(m): 12:11pm On Apr 19, 2021
JudasNaCarrot:
Chai!
Sadly, that is how their own ended.

Moslem with their rush to bury someone presumed dead. I hope none is just unconscious and presumed to be dead.
Record have shown that most moslems have been buried while unconscious but presumed to be dead. It happened when I was serving in Damaturu years back.

RIP to the dead.

even jesus was presumed dead while he didn't die.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Here Are Places Around The World Where You Are Not Allowed To Wear Clothes / Where Can I Legally Relocate To In 6 Months Time? / No More Cash Payment At Lekki Toll From 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.