Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,316 members, 7,887,966 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:05 PM

Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) (82040 Views)

Gender Inequality In Nigerian Politics (1999 Vs 2015 Vs 2019) / Thugs Attack Kwankwaso’s Convoy In Kano, Supporters Killed. Photos / Boko Haram Attacks Governor Shettima's Convoy In Borno, Many Feared Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by 400billionman: 10:55pm On Dec 22, 2020
Yet they still hoard palliatives in warehouses.

The whites who have food banks where hungry citizens queue up to take away food that will last them for a complete month, do they have 2 heads ?

Is paying social security stipends foreign to this country ?

They keep awarding bogus projects which benefit the populace nothing. $2bn and $5bn projects. Funny enough, you borrowed the money to build a project which is not economically viable. For example.

Now that you have constructed Lagos-Ibadan rail line, your intended passengers/customers cannot afford N3000 or N6000 tickets. Are you making profit ? What is your REPAYMENT PLAN ?

What Nigerians need is HUMAN CAPITAL INVESTMENT. Open social security funds for the unemployed and open food banks. You promised these things yet you don't care to fulfill them anymore.

Spain and United States arrange these things for their citizens. They are called advanced coutries, yet they still cater for the hungry, but you spend yours on long convoys. British Prime Minister uses one Jaguar and one Range Rover in his convoy. For the benefit of doubt, it is a simple range Rover base model and these cars are manufactured in UK. They are UK originated cars. His convoy is 3 car long. One police vehicle toes along. Abeg, which of you is more important in world politics than Boris Johnson ? You watch these things on CNN, BBC and DW Tv everyday. These are leaders who take governance seriously.

If you guys don't start using INNOSON made cars, then you guys are not serious with governance. After all these considerations, it is African leaders who plunge Africa into poverty.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 22, 2020
Mayng01:
Most politicians will die a horrible death from the hands of the revolutionaries when the time is ripe

Be careful what you post. They can easily get you once the NiMc stuff is completed. Use a VPN next time before you say this
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Ebonyi state governor 37 car convoy.

I just shame for Nigeria the poverty capital and failed state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k66kRSUBRB0

helinues
NGpatriot
Rossntti
Rossnitti
Slawormiir
yarimo
LegendHero

You are wasting your time debating these guys. All these people are not who they say they are. They are government moles been rewarded for what they post. You are wasting your time with profiteers. Please think about it. All these guys get paid or benefit from what they say online about the govt

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 22, 2020
juininho:

You are wasting your time debating these guys. All these people are not who they say they are. They are government moles been rewarded for what they post. You are wasting your time with profiteers. Please think about it. All these guys get paid or benefit from what they say online about the govt
Everyman regardless if he is paid, still has a conscience.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 22, 2020
Trogge:
. When General Sanni Abacha die, people were Celebrating, never knew we were celebrating our doom. Now the coast is clear. He had a better plan for Nigeria than democracy.
I very much doubt that...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by KunleyY19(m): 11:23pm On Dec 22, 2020
To be sincere I don't think as a Governor of a state it's reasonable to move in non armoured vehicles... Politics is a Man eat man thing...

If you're selfless like Sankara you will end up paying the ultimate price. Look at what Blaise Compaore did to him... No matter how good you're as a leader you still have enemies even within your ranks. Despite the security in US why is US president not using normal jets but using the Highly sophisticated Airforce 1... US president Limousine is over $700,000...
People talking how many Directors will accept Toyota Camry as official cars
If you're the president will you go about in Toyota Camry?? My only issue is the useless large number of convoys.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Lamasta(m): 11:25pm On Dec 22, 2020
Very expensive convoys to be sincere

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 22, 2020
KunleyY19:
To be sincere I don't think as a Governor of a state it's reasonable to move in non armoured vehicles... Politics is a Man eat man thing...

If you're selfless like Sankara you will end up paying the ultimate price. Look at what Blaise Compaore did to him... No matter how good you're as a leader you still have enemies even within your ranks. Despite the security in US why is US president not using normal jets but using the Highly sophisticated Airforce 1... US president Limousine is over $700,000...
People talking how many Directors will accept Toyota Camry as official cars
If you're the president will you go about in Toyota Camry?? My only issue is the useless large number of convoys.
You mention United States which has an annual budget of $4.79 thrillion dollars. Why didn't you use our former colonial masters United Kingdom as an example.

Thomas Sankara convoy will not have protected him, from being overthrown and assassinated.

There is no defence for acquiring the most expensive luxury vehicles in the market such as Range Rovers, Mercedes,BMC's and Lexus.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 22, 2020
Lamasta:
Very expensive convoys to be sincere
They acquire these expensive convoys because when they leave office they will buy all the cars for peanuts. Don't be surprised to learn after they leave office they bought all the cars for N10 million naira

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 22, 2020
Flynnthekidd:
Looking at El Rufai's photo, I was so annoyed!

Firstly, is El rufai blind to see the kind of houses his people live it?? Like he no get eyes?? See your ride and see the kind house your people dey live it...tueh!

Secondly, see those hungry men and women hailing them...nawa...and you expect the governors not to continue "Flexing".. you must be joking

Selling just two cars in his convoy would have fixed the dilapidated houses he was driving by.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by KunleyY19(m): 12:00am On Dec 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You mention United States which has an annual budget of $4.79 thrillion dollars. Why didn't you use our former colonial masters United Kingdom as an example.

Thomas Sankara convoy will not have protected him, from being overthrown and assassinated.

There is no defence for acquiring the most expensive luxury vehicles in the market such as Range Rovers, Mercedes,BMC's and Lexus.

Thomas was warned to deal with Compaore before hand and he did nothing I cited that as an example on why you might want to consider an Armoured vehicle as the head of a state because even if you're truthful and as open as anything you still have people who might want to pin you down through any means. With my own background I don't deal with prices the way you deal with them and throw them all around... The official cost of Peugeot then should be placed in contrast with the budget of then and see if we have had any stark difference. Since you choose to do the same with US budget.

You can update your comparative research later Sir by working with ratios/percentages which is the basis of comparison when money and numbers are involved especially when comparing the past and the present...

I am against convoys but official cars being armored is absolutely not wrong in a toxic environment we have in our nation.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 23, 2020
KunleyY19:

Thomas was warned to deal with Compaore before hand and he did nothing I cited that as an example on why you might want to consider an Armoured vehicle as the head of a state because even if you're truthful and as open as anything you still have people who might want to pin you down through any means. With my own background I don't deal with prices the way you deal with them and throw them all around... The official cost of Peugeot then should be placed in contrast with the budget of then and see if we have had any stark difference. Since you choose to do the same with US budget.

You can update your comparative research later Sir by working with ratios/percentages which is the basis of comparison when money and numbers are involved especially when comparing the past and the present...

I am against convoys but official cars being armored is absolutely not wrong in a toxic environment we have in our nation.
Toxic environment created by those in the convoys you forgot to add that. No body begged them to loot the nation dry and create an army of unemployed youths that enjoy no social security payment.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by hansomb: 12:16am On Dec 23, 2020
In 1999 that's one of the best an fastest car you can find on the road. Seems opp belong to the indomie generation. Lots have changed since then.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by moonraker(m): 12:58am On Dec 23, 2020
Remind me!!!
These are governors?? Using presidential like conveys? And you wonder why things are hard for Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by AMvanquish: 1:48am On Dec 23, 2020
And you wonder the need for so many cars in a convoy. Are they always on the move with their whole cabinet & family members.
And to add salt to injury, they blow their loud Irritating Sirens , harassing motorists and citizens, forgetting this is all acquired with Same Tax payers money. #Banana Republic

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 4:06am On Dec 23, 2020
moonraker:
Remind me!!!
These are governors?? Using presidential like conveys? And you wonder why things are hard for Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 4:07am On Dec 23, 2020
AMvanquish:
And you wonder the need for so many cars in a convoy. Are they always on the move with their whole cabinet & family members.
And to add salt to injury, they blow their loud Irritating Sirens , harassing motorists and citizens, forgetting this is all acquired with Same Tax payers money. #Banana Republic
That is the most annoying part. They will sit in their cars and watch their security detail harass motorists as they drive around their poverty stricken states.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Viking007(m): 4:58am On Dec 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

The military convoys when they were ruling was never as expensive or as large as the civilians leaders cry

Look at Musa Yaradua Nigeria's second in command at the time convoy consisting of three Peugeot 504's in 1978.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_LfloE6BWc
cheesyHe said the country has paid for the road and they shouldn't make it a one way ticket to their deaths. Hahahaha. Like people just like dying on the road.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Tzar(m): 5:19am On Dec 23, 2020
I honestly think Nigerians deserve these politicians. They are not any better that those who misrule them.
Most Nigerians who criticize their politicians do so because they are not the ones behaving badly, not because they find it morally unacceptable.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by azpekuliar: 5:28am On Dec 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Car could last for 20 years.

30+ years
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by IkpuMmadu: 6:03am On Dec 23, 2020
timebomb02:

the problem of Nigerian youth is abject poverty which is growing by the day. if we don't address this issue. we should just forget about rescuing the country.

the endsars organizer has the vibes and prudence to do this by gathering 78million in 4 days only to throw party and drink booze in the name of protester. But the hungry street urchins only need 500 naira to hijacked a peaceful protest.

the so call educated youths setup $100k gofundme for a disqualified bbn housemate while 87% of other graduates n hardworking youth are still living on faint hope.....

Stockholm syndrome on display is what gave this political jobbers the impression that stealing is not corruption....and they will loot until there is nothing left to loot again

if we are serious about 2023, we know what to do... .

i gave up all hope on Nigeria since 2015...

and finally the sophisticated ones brought tribalism saying it was igbo .. tht was how they killed it ..

The guys are bourdillon did a good job....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Openbusiness: 6:06am On Dec 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

My prices are the conservative estimates. Even at the prices I quoted, when they cars are imported into Nigeria they are more expensive when you include custom duties.
Even without including customs duty, you CANNOT buy a new model Brand New BULLET PROOF Lexus LX570 for N44m. The price range will be starting from around N100m upwards, excluding custom duty. The prices you quoted are conservative estimates for normal SUV, not for B6 Bulletproof Armored versions which is what those Governors are using. Anyway, your article was fantastic, keep it up. God bless!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 6:10am On Dec 23, 2020
Tzar:
I honestly think Nigerians deserve these politicians. They are not any better that those who misrule them.
Most Nigerians who criticize their politicians do so because they are not the ones behaving badly, not because they find it morally unacceptable.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by azpekuliar: 6:28am On Dec 23, 2020
hansomb:
In 1999 that's one of the best an fastest car you can find on the road. Seems opp belong to the indomie generation. Lots have changed since then.

I was also around in 1999 so stop misleading the so-called Indomie generation.

The late Igbo businessman Ezego “King of Money” who died in 1998 do you think the modest Peugeot 504 was ever part of his motorcade?

It was largely successful private citizens that used fast high end automobiles at the time like the Mercedes Benz S-class, Range Rovers, Lincoln Navigator etc.. The culture of waste among the political class had not reached stratospheric levels as is the case now.

Watch the convoy of Sani Yerima c2000 from around the 8:50 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7aHag7aRTI

With the exception of Yerima, the motorcade is populated by Peugeot 504s. It will be nice to compare it to the motorcade of the current governor of Zamfara state.

Your think your journey to world’s poverty capital started last year? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by awoluyi(m): 6:32am On Dec 23, 2020
It's not the fault of the prodigal politicians, the problem is with the unthinking masses that usually vote for them.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 23, 2020
azpekuliar:

That’s a big lie! I was also around in 1999 so stop misleading the so-called Indomie generation.

The late Igbo businessman Ezego “King of Money” who died in 1998 do you think the modest Peugeot 504 was ever part of his motorcade?

It was largely successful private citizens that used high end automobiles at the time like the Range Rovers, Lincoln Navigator etc.. The culture of waste among the political class had not reached stratospheric levels as is the case now.

Watch the convoy of Sani Yerima c2000 from around the 8:50 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7aHag7aRTI

With the exception of Yerima, the motorcade is populated by Peugeot 504s. It will be nice to compare it to the motorcade of the current governor of Zamfara state.

Your think your journey to world’s poverty capital started last year? cheesy
Peugeot 504's was being manufactured in Kaduna at the time and that is why it was cheap and affordable. It would have reduced the amount of foreign exchange being spent by all the governors in 36 states.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Racoon(m): 6:41am On Dec 23, 2020
Basher8583:
Its like you gues just like looking for stories to wail on.E no dey tire you.And you Racoon.Thats where you are most active. Well I have good news for you.You go wail taya.Many years to go for wailing

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by ThatFairGuy: 7:23am On Dec 23, 2020
Racoon:
This man is one of the true selfless African leader ever seen.So unfortunate, he was assassinated in the military revolt that overthrew him then.
Just like OUR darling daddy tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by ThatFairGuy: 7:25am On Dec 23, 2020
Racoon:
The corruption of these useless leaders in government is becoming more and more daring.
I hope you saw your arcenemy, Tinubu's convoy? Compare to your other saints
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 7:51am On Dec 23, 2020
The extravagance by these people would have been excused if Nigeria is as rich as South Korea or at least Malaysia or even Vietnam but no! Nigeria has the highest number of poor people yet cretinous fvcktards defend these politicians and if one question their policies, some Olodos will accuse us of hating them.

I've stopped worrying about the way Nigerian politicians deal with the populace because the populace deserve those demons.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Lamasta(m): 8:11am On Dec 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

They acquire these expensive convoys because when they leave office they will buy all the cars for peanuts. Don't be surprised to learn after they leave office they bought all the cars for N10 million naira
You aren't far from the truth, some they go with it self by virtue of the position and office they attain...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by BennyDGreat: 11:36am On Dec 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You saw what happened to people like Dele Giwa and Thomas Sankara that tried to change the status quo.

It can't happen to you. Why u con dey fear?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Profile Uche Sampson Ogah, Abia Newly Declared Governor / PDP Rejects Presidential Election Results / What Really Caused The Nigerian Civil War Of 1967 - 1969?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.