Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,324 members, 7,888,027 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:48 PM

Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) (82044 Views)

Gender Inequality In Nigerian Politics (1999 Vs 2015 Vs 2019) / Thugs Attack Kwankwaso’s Convoy In Kano, Supporters Killed. Photos / Boko Haram Attacks Governor Shettima's Convoy In Borno, Many Feared Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by juniorstar(m): 8:09pm On Dec 22, 2020
most of these popithiefcians would have be noobs if those military guys had worked in unity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 22, 2020
molbic:
. Hahahahaha this man finish kogi people and their yeye Governor Belo
LOL
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Speaker of House of Representatives Mercedes Benz S Class AMG.

Naira (N71,700,000-N95,000,000)
price range :$150,000-$200,000 USD

double that price because his car is bullet proof

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by releastaso(m): 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2020
[quote author=RuudVanNisteroy post=97168626]This was the convoy of former Lagos state governor,Bola Ahmed Tinubu, in 1999 when he was newly sworn in as governor. The convoy only consisted of Peugeot 505's that was being manufactured in Kaduna state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ZXlie6JMk&feature=emb_logoaaaa

Fast forward to the present day when they use the most expensive luxury cars in the market: Mercedes, BMW's, Lexus, Toyota and Range Rover's.

The cost and maintenance of their high end security convoys cost billions of naira and to what end. How does this expenditure benefit the poverty capital of the world..

Watch video of Ebonyi Governor, Umahi's Convoy

Correction 504 not 505

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 22, 2020
[quote author=releastaso post=97333879][/quote]
Thanks for the correction.I always mix up 504's and 505.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Gokoyer0(m): 8:13pm On Dec 22, 2020
No be curse, something unprecedental must be done to fix Nigeria. Another option is for everyone to go their ways.

Imagine the kind of cars these selfish polithiefians are using while over 80% Nigerians are living in abject poverty.

I met a first class graduate from Lautech recently, he is teaching in a private secondary school with 27k naira shocked
RuudVanNisteroy:

Nigeria is the world's poverty capital. And they keep spending like drunken sailors in addition to the billions they loot.

They should be using Toyota Corollas,Volkswagen Jetta,Honda Civic and Ford Edge.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2020
Who will be Nigeria's Thomas Sankara and make it a policy for government officials to use the cheapest and most efficient cars.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by TemmyT002(m): 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2020
And all the people in the convoy get paid huge amount of money.
Nice employment scheme.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Ddokie: 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Rivers State Governor Range Rover

price range
: $131,000-$211,000
Naira: N62,618,000-N100,858,000

The range rovers those governors are using are not the regular ones.

They are called Sentinels. Fully armored vehicles which cost about 500k on the average.

Modified: Just saw the post on Sanwo Olu's own.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2020
TemmyT002:
And all the people in the convoy get paid huge amount of money.
Nice employment scheme.
Most of the cars in the convoy are empty

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by obailala(m): 8:19pm On Dec 22, 2020
...and we still have myopic fellows who dont understand why the Naira is worth nothing today.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Kbanka: 8:19pm On Dec 22, 2020
JidennaJason:
Do you expect them to ride on donkeys/camels trained in Zamfara to prove otherwise?

Even if you give them 1964 YAMAHA motorcycle as their official ride today, those political thieves will still find a way to live an expensive life by looting massively.
what exactly is your point?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Rushna27(f): 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2020
Seen.........Noted............
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by amagugm: 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2020
This shows us the hearts of these leaders. Imagine Ayade crying that he didn't think that he will spend his first tenure and still find poor people in Cross River State, yet he moves with entourage worth over 1 billion naira. Idiots. They are all so stupid and add no value to the people they govern. Shameless people. I wonder how they are able to feel happy with so much suffering in the land and they're the ones living in luxury. I hate them honestly. I don't want to have their types of mentality,bI mean it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by mt77: 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2020
What are we even saying, public servants? Nigerians, no one will change your country for you. When you are ready effect the change through legitimate/ lawful means. You supposedly voted these ones into power. Whose interests are they pursuing now ? Wise up otherwise little or nothing will change. You need patriotic and selfless people who are ready to make a difference.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2020
amagugm:
This shows us the hearts of these leaders. Imagine Ayade crying that he didn't think that he will spend his first tenure and still find poor people in Cross River State, yet he moves with entourage worth over 1 billion naira. Idiots. They are all so stupid and add no value to the people they govern. Shameless people. I wonder how they are able to feel happy with so much suffering in the land and they're the ones living in luxury. I hate them honestly. I don't want to have their types of mentality,bI mean it.
Just selling off one car, will change so many people lives through provision of credit facilities at N500,000 naira each.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2020
Ddokie:

The range rovers those governors are using are not the regular ones.

They are called Sentinels. Fully armored vehicles which cost about 500k on the average.

Modified: Just saw the post on Sanwo Olu's own.
True, I quoted the price range for the non armoured variant.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Where and when is the wrath of God coming on these soulless Nigerian politicians? Whose account is this purchase charged to? Who is responsible for appropriating funds in this state? Is this budgeted for? What happened to the ones these legislooters got in Abuja? 774,000 are scrambling for 20k job and these deranged looters are gifting each other like they are sharing candy! I said it before Democracy is not for Nigeria, this is one of the many demonstrations of craze by these hijackers of our commonwealth. When will this madness end.

I can never forget what Wike did,Nigerian politicians are deranged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0HM_AKt9lo
There is no such thing as "the wrath of God". We have to do shit ourselves, that's why God gave us brains and freewill.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Miner13: 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
I just confirmed what you are saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOlTC4PwoPA
like seriously
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2020
heniford2:
am ashamed to be called a Nigeria

the problem of Nigerian youth is abject poverty. if we don't address this issue. we should just forget about rescuing the country ...

naked and bitter truth
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Basher8583: 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2020
Racoon:
The corruption of these useless leaders in government is becoming more and more daring.

Its like you gues just like looking for stories to wail on.
E no dey tire you.

And you Racoon. Thats where you are most active.

Well I have good news for you. You go wail taya. Many years to go for wailing
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by alexnoni(m): 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2020
Exactly! Heaven help those who help themselves.. An average black man should wake up and release himself from this kind of slavery and oppression... The whites didn't wait for God to come down from heaven and give them the kind of political and economic institutions they are enjoying today
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Oshokalo: 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Governor of Kaduna State Toyota Landcruiser VX.

Range. $85,415 - $87,745
Naira: (N40,828370-N41,942,110)
upon wetin happen for south Kaduna people no suppose com out come greet this man
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Drizzy5001(m): 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2020
9ja matter tire me sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 22, 2020
Drizzy5001:
9ja matter tire me sad
cry
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by amagugm: 8:56pm On Dec 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Just selling off one car, will change so many people lives through provision of credit facilities at N500,000 naira each.
Their foolish minds never reason that way. They are just the same. So stupid. I wish the people could rise as one people and tell them those resources they plunder are not their private possessions. But, the military will not allow us to demand accountability from the so called "public servants". Servants that are bigger than their masters.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Openbusiness: 8:56pm On Dec 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Cross River State Governor LX 470. Just one of the 20 cars in his convoy.

Price range : $86,580–$91,580
Naira: N41,385,240 - N43,775,240

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTOdC0lLS5s
All the prices you quoted are WRONG. The prices you gave are applicable to the regular version. BUT all these Governor's vehicles are BULLET PROOF versions. The prices are like 3 times higher (or more) than the prices you stated. Or maybe even like 4 or 5 times higher if you consider that these cars are FULLEST OPTIONS specs + Customized to Executive Governor class.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by adeoba2008(m): 8:58pm On Dec 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
New Lagos State governor takes armoured Range Rover Sentinel SUV as official vehicle.

Price:$500,000
Naira: N239,000,000

https://naijauto.com/market-news/lagos-state-governors-official-vehicle-3908

But Sanwo olu said he is still using his campaign vehicles
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Miner13: 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Unfortunately can't access my DM's.
if anybody want to hit you up.they should do it here..pls let us get the convoy of the remaining state gov'nrs and senate president
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Miner13: 9:01pm On Dec 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I don't give out my numbers to strangers. You know the country we come from.
BRAVO
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by engrhorla(m): 9:08pm On Dec 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
This was the convoy of former Lagos state governor,Bola Ahmed Tinubu, in 1999 when he was newly sworn in as governor. The convoy only consisted of Peugeot 505's that was being manufactured in Kaduna state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ZXlie6JMk&feature=emb_logoaaaa

Fast forward to the present day when they use the most expensive luxury cars in the market: Mercedes, BMW's, Lexus, Toyota and Range Rover's.

The cost and maintenance of their high end security convoys cost billions of naira and to what end. How does this expenditure benefit the poverty capital of the world..

Watch video of Ebonyi Governor, Umahi's Convoy in UNN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k66kRSUBRB0

Is the Ebonyi governor going to war?

All the security apparatus in his state are already with him for bleeps sake!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Profile Uche Sampson Ogah, Abia Newly Declared Governor / PDP Rejects Presidential Election Results / What Really Caused The Nigerian Civil War Of 1967 - 1969?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.