Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,027 members, 7,915,980 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:21 PM

Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) (82467 Views)

Gender Inequality In Nigerian Politics (1999 Vs 2015 Vs 2019) / Thugs Attack Kwankwaso’s Convoy In Kano, Supporters Killed. Photos / Boko Haram Attacks Governor Shettima's Convoy In Borno, Many Feared Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by naptu2: 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2020
Look at the Ferret (armoured car) and the Land Rover troop carrier in Yar'Adua's motorcade at the end of this video (I'll post a picture of them later).

Note that even what you see there is not the entire motorcade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_LfloE6BWc
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 18, 2020
[quote author=naptu2 post=97204514][/quote]

At least we now know why Nigeria is a failed state that has not made any progress since 1960, despite being an oil rich country.
Leaders are to busy trying to live like the King and Queen of England in addition to the massive looting they engage in while on office.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 18, 2020
naptu2:
Look at the Ferret (armoured car) and the Land Rover troop carrier in Yar'Adua's motorcade at the end of this video (I'll post a picture of them later).

Note that even what you see there is not the entire motorcade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_LfloE6BWc
I saw that as well, but also saw the 3 three 504's. Still a 5 car convoy for the second in command.

A mere state Governor has a 20 plus car convoy in the poverty capital.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by naptu2: 7:14pm On Dec 18, 2020
I've got something to do at the moment. I'll be back with my last post on this subject a little later.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 18, 2020
naptu2:
I've got something to do at the moment. I'll be back with my last post on this subject a little later.
Cheers
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Raydos: 7:25pm On Dec 18, 2020
I've always known governor sanwoolu to be a clueless senseless idiot, The guy literally had the most expensive car there worth over 200million while Lagos State is in shambles?

If not for this mentally demented politicians, Lagos State should be competing with Successful Cities around the world like New York, Shanghai, Dubai, London, Seoul and so on!!

Is this a black man problem??

And I always wonder why some idiots like rossniti, Helinius and so on keep on defending this politicians

Nah Ogun go kill all of una

And by the way Good job RuudVanNisteroy for exposing this idiots

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 18, 2020
Raydos:
I've always known governor sanwoolu to be a clueless senseless idiot, The guy literally had the most expensive car there worth over 200million while Lagos State is in shambles?

If not for this mentally demented politicians, Lagos State should be competing with Successful Cities around the world like New York, Shanghai, Dubai, London, Seoul and so on!!

Is this a black man problem??

And I always wonder why some idiots like rossniti, Helinius and so on keep on defending this politicians

Nah Ogun go kill all of una

And by the way Good job RuudVanNisteroy for exposing this idiots
Sanwo-Olu may have the most expensive official car, but what about David Umahi some clowns have been praising up and down about being prudent with resources who has a 37 car convoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k66kRSUBRB0

These leaders don't give a hoot about the average Nigerian. They are there to simply loot and live like the King and Queen of England.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Faithful007: 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Frontpage Lalasticlala,Mynd44,Dominique
The problem is not the armored expensive cars. Only few politicians in the world have ordinary cars. Even in the US, politicans own Armored Cadillacs and Suburbans. Some even own luxury cars like rolls royce, but they hide them from public eyes. With Nigeria's security issues, they need them. The problem is in the endless covoys i see here. Not only are they unnecesary, they even pose a security risk. Firstly, they are not arranged in any tactical form, if there is a coordinated attack, there will be a high risk of friendly fire. Secondly, As a suicide bomber with an Lx 570, I can bet you that I'll slip into those motorcades unnoticed. Money is just being wasted on foolishness.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 18, 2020
Faithful007:
The problem is not the armored expensive cars. Only few politicians in the world have ordinary cars. Even in the US, politicans own Armored Cadillacs and Suburbans. Some even own luxury cars like rolls royce, but they hide them from public eyes. With Nigeria's security issues, they need them. The problem is in the endless covoys i see here. Not only are they unnecesary, they even pose a security risk. Firstly, they are not arranged in any tactical form, if there is a coordinated attack, there will be a high risk of friendly fire. Secondly, As a suicide bomber with an Lx 570, I can bet you that I'll slip into those motorcades unnoticed. Money is just being wasted on foolishness.
Who is responsible for Nigeria's security issues, who begged them to loot $600 billion dollars since 1960 and render majority of youths jobless in the country?
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Miracle2020: 10:23pm On Dec 18, 2020
This is why we expect the youths to attack their governors. The governors are the real crooks, they steal all the money without doing anything. But some hopeless youth don't even know the name of their governors.
The governors, senators, commissioners, local government chairmen, are the politicians that are closer to the people but some youth will not criticize them all what they care about is the presidency, and when they start protests they will turn it to a partisan protests. Foolish youths will attack some politicians while shielding some, just because they are their tribe men or they are in a particular political party.
The moment I saw Dino melaye was given mic to speak in one of the protest center during the endsars protests I now realize this was a political protest.
Tinubu was an ex governor, Peter Obi also was an ex governor but Tinubu business was burned down but nothing happened to Peter Obi business.
Sanwolu and makinde are governors but sanwolu house was burned down but makinde was roaming around in the streets of ibadan and nothing happened to him nor his business.
Until we stop being partisan we will continue crying while our politicians are living like Kings.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 18, 2020
Miracle2020:
This is why we expect the youths to attack their governors. The governors are the real crooks, they steal all the money without doing anything. But some hopeless youth don't even know the name of their governors.
The governors, senators, commissioners, local government chairmen, are the politicians that are closer to the people but some youth will not criticize them all what they care about is the presidency, and when they start protests they will turn it to a partisan protests. Foolish youths will attack some politicians while shielding some, just because they are their tribe men or they are in a particular political party.
The moment I saw Dino melaye was given mic to speak in one of the protest center during the endsars protests I now realize this was a political protest.
Tinubu was an ex governor, Peter Obi also was an ex governor but Tinubu business was burned down but nothing happened to Peter Obi business.
Sanwolu and makinde are governors but sanwolu house was burned down but makinde was roaming around in the streets of ibadan and nothing happened to him nor his business.
Until we stop being partisan we will continue crying while our politicians are living like Kings.
Not attack them, but hold them accountable. Even Local Government Chairman moves with 4-8 car convoy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by xxxXXXxxx: 11:29pm On Dec 18, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Now I see why Nigeria is a failed state. Leaders living in opulence since 1960 at the expense of the poverty stricken masses. Look at the way he was even strutting around like a king.

This was the same reason the 1966 coup plotters gave for carrying out their action. Many years after,nothing has changed for better.

The state of the nation has always been a situation in which the so called elite politicians and their cronies brazenly or covertly do everything possible to sustain the class divide between them and the populace.

They dehumanize the people by not providing basic amenities,even with all the available human and natural resources; and intimidate them with enforcement agents in order to make them powerless and docile.

The common people must unite and put their destiny in their own hands: demand for, and work towards building a more equitable and inclusive society.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 18, 2020
xxxXXXxxx:

This was the same reason the 1966 coup plotters gave for carrying out their action. Many years after,nothing has changed for better.

The state of the nation has always been a situation in which the so called elite politicians and their cronies brazenly or covertly do everything possible to sustain the class divide between them and the populace.

They dehumanize the people by not providing basic amenities,even with all the available human and natural resources; and intimidate them with enforcement agents in order to make them powerless and docile.

The common people must unite and put their destiny in their own hands: demand for, and work towards building a more equitable and inclusive society.
No difference between civilian and military rulers when it comes to governance, both live in opulence and loot the state dry.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by xxxXXXxxx: 12:10am On Dec 19, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

No difference between civilian and military rulers when it comes to governance, both live in opulence and loot the state dry.

Yeah, you're right.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 19, 2020
xxxXXXxxx:

Yeah, you're right.
Sad
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by heniford2: 12:15am On Dec 19, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I don't even trust extended relatives after what I have witnessed in their hands. Everybody eyes is just hot.
bros free me oh cheesy grin your matter pass me waiting happen them kill you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 19, 2020
heniford2:
bros free me oh cheesy grin your matter pass me waiting happen them kill you
Long story...it is when you lose your father they show you their true colours.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by heniford2: 12:55am On Dec 19, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Long story...it is when you lose your father they show you their true colours.
dude life not what we always plan it to be we do see i understand you so well in fact if i share mine you may cry but you see family that is not ur own brother mother and sister, u see dem uncle and aunty forget them move on with your life maje friends and amazing people connect nd pray God will be with u

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 2:14am On Dec 19, 2020
Nigeria's clownish and opulent leaders should learn from our former colonial leader, the United Kingdom Prime Minister,Boris Johnson, 5 car convoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt1-M5iOsCE

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominque
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by ednut1(m): 2:22am On Dec 19, 2020
Very shameless people

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 2:32am On Dec 19, 2020
ednut1:
Very shameless people
angry
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 4:58am On Dec 19, 2020
At the end of the tenure they will sell all the cars in their convoys worth over N1 billion naira for N10 million naira.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 19, 2020
199nine:
[s][/s]

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 19, 2020
All we need at local,state and federal level is one man to set a precedent and change this culture of waste.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 20, 2020
naptu2:
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 22, 2020
The leaders responsible for making it a failed state have the longest and most expensive cars in their convoys in the world.

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 22, 2020
JidennaJason:

Even if you give them 1964 YAMAHA motorcycle as their official ride today, those political thieves will still find a way to live an expensive life by looting massively.
Real talk.
Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 22, 2020
Benue State governor LX 470

Price range : $86,580–$91,580
Naira: N41,385,240 - N43,775,240

Re: Nigerian Politicians' Convoy In 1999 VS Present (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 22, 2020
Man arrested and docked for filming convoy of Ogun State Deputy Governor convoy- Wastage is too much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Luxurious Collection Of Dino Melaye's Cars (Photos) / Aminu Ado Bayero Is New Emir Of Kano As Ganduje Approves Appointment / Aishat Ajoke Akinsanya's House: MC Oluomo Shows Off His Wife's New House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.