Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,352 members, 7,881,299 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:13 PM

Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? (43323 Views)

Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? / Buying A House Or Building From Scratch, Which Is Better? / FOR Your Professional Building From Foundation/renovation Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by Iamdrealstar(m): 10:02pm On Dec 28, 2020
Building from the scratch is better as it is cost effective and designed to your taste.

An amazing platform that is full to the brim with lots of goodies. The best part is:
�Registration is Free
�It is 100% safe and secured
�You can become a Winner
For details about how to enjoy these amazing possibilities, kindly visit https://www.nija.live

Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by Babastrong(m): 10:17pm On Dec 28, 2020
Money is good.
if you get money, you'll not know the difference between buying or building a house.
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by Ugandatales: 10:24pm On Dec 28, 2020
bigpicture001:

Unemployment is bred in a nation when her ppl desist from real investment....

Ppl tend to hv this mindset of buying land and hoping it rises in value or building a house as a form of investment not really calculating to know that the ROI on even commercial building is so soo small

Start a Biz and grow it...and keep growing it..and when u want to settle down..build a house for ur own shelter....don't tie down ur money just for pride of building a house......

Okay. I get.
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by sorepco(m): 11:02pm On Dec 28, 2020
Build your house na. It's better.

JayDaily:
Hi guys,

With the little money I have made, I have opted investing in properties full time.

now like the topic implies,

which is cheaper?

Building a home from Scratch or Buying already built that matches your taste?

what are the pros and cons?

Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by stieyven(m): 12:17am On Dec 29, 2020
henry4991:
To Steal House is Much Better
Remember that you shall be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by chukzyfcbb: 1:37am On Dec 29, 2020
This has been a topic in my head for a while now.

If you don't have the time to supervise your house i.e if you are an office guy. Buying is better

The stress of omonile to just fence your land and start foundation na war.

People who say you are guaranteed to build with quality products are not telling the whole truth. You would not know if those roofing sheets you bought at an expensive price would stand the test of time, until few years down the line when your roof starts leaking for you to realise you were scammed during the build process

The only problem I noticed is that houses are quite expensive to buy. If you are lucky, you could get a new house for 50m minimum on Lagos mainland.

If you have the time to spare and investigate the building process then by all means build.

Also I noticed something annoying with houses up for sale, rooms are terribly small. The parking lot can't take more than two cars tops. It's like everything is done in a minimal fashion.

So do you have the time to supervise yours?
If yes build
If no buy

3 Likes

Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by Updating9JA: 8:04am On Dec 29, 2020
datola:
Building from scratch is better only if you are on Daily Devotionals ground and have time to supervise.

Buying is better for the people abroad or that don't have the time.

1 Like

Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by AlexJustin(m): 10:12am On Dec 29, 2020
As a consultant, I'll suggest you build from scratch. because;
1. you'll build to your taste. 2. you'll build it up to standard using non inferior materials. 3. it's less expensive. 4. it makes you have a sense of ownership.
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by arewacrown50000: 11:12am On Dec 29, 2020
Building from the scratch is the best
Go for it
You will save alot
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by SaintUlot: 9:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
Nobody should fall for this JayDaily 's scam, he is a confirmed scammer. Don't say i don't warn you ooo

https://www.nairaland.com/6361535/jaydaily-confirmed-scammer-isaiah-jeremiah
Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by Vanelconst: 3:27pm On Jan 26, 2022
According to experience, building from scratch saves a lot of capital. Vanel Construction offers safe and reliable building services in Nigeria. We build for clients who want quality and time effective construction.

Advantages of building with a construction company are as follows;
Completion of the project according to the specifications of the owner becomes the company's problem after payment have been made. Regardless of inflation or other conditions, the company bears the risks and not the owner. In addition, a site manager is assigned to every client to give detailed update (with pictures) of the project at hand.

The company does the background check prior to construction, to ensure the building plans are permissible by the law to avoid demolition of building by the government.

Nigerians abroad can easily commence construction and have peace of mind till the completion and handing over of the project.

Visit us at vanelconstruction.com or call @+234 8169382600 or by mail: vanellconstruction@gmail.com

Re: Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? by ikoroduarea: 12:56pm On May 02, 2022
chukzyfcbb:
This has been a topic in my head for a while now.

If you don't have the time to supervise your house i.e if you are an office guy. Buying is better

The stress of omonile to just fence your land and start foundation na war.

People who say you are guaranteed to build with quality products are not telling the whole truth. You would not know if those roofing sheets you bought at an expensive price would stand the test of time, until few years down the line when your roof starts leaking for you to realise you were scammed during the build process

The only problem I noticed is that houses are quite expensive to buy. If you are lucky, you could get a new house for 50m minimum on Lagos mainland.

If you have the time to spare and investigate the building process then by all means build.

Also I noticed something annoying with houses up for sale, rooms are terribly small. The parking lot can't take more than two cars tops. It's like everything is done in a minimal fashion.

So do you have the time to supervise yours?
If yes build
If no buy

Best reply so far

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Share Your Experience Living In The Same Compound With The Landlord/Landlady / Plywood Ghetto-house Under Lagos Bridge That Has An Air-conditioner! / My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.