Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,303 members, 7,887,894 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:00 PM

Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" (50865 Views)

Lady In Pain At Computer Village After Being Sold Faulty iPhone (Pic, Video) / Iphone11 Pro Max Or Iphone13 / The Cost Of Iphone11 Pro Max Dropped As Nigerian Youths Carry Out #endsars Pro. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by olisaEze(m): 1:08pm On Dec 31, 2020
First off, which uncle u say turn butty to computer village hawker? And ur pics don’t really indicate the changed phone.

Every market has criminals, but I understand that there is a bullseye painted on computer village done to increase the volume of cries against crimes there for purely political reasons that will be clearer as 2023 inches closer.

Take heart my dear if it’s really an uncle and not an oncūlū from abroad that sent u on the errand or paid u for service rendered with a phone.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Adakintroy: 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2020
Na so I think say I don see orkpor..one guy wan sell infix hot 8 for me 15k..I rush am quick.

Small time the guy say make I give am phone back. Say him done see buyer to pay more. Him return my money to me. No problem abi?

I just put money for pocket..later check I see just 1k the rest na carton wrapp.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by MightyHand(m): 1:19pm On Dec 31, 2020
Jirehz:
I was a victim of this criminals in 2012 grin
My cousin and I wanted to swap blackberry curve 6 or so for Bold 5( bold 5 Dey hot that time).
We also had 11 thousand naira with us.
These road side guys gave us scrap phone and took our money too.
We later got the our curve 6 back but the money was gone. In fact they told us that we can never get the money back.

I later worked there and I know most of their tricks
Never patronize those roadside guys, 98% of the time, you’ll be dubbed or sold fake.

90% of the time, you can catch the criminal but most people don’t know grin
Computer village have a group of criminals that help in catching criminals cheesy
If you fall victim, don’t report to that police station there oo
Just ask of the vigilante group. All they need is for you to describe the person, the place the transaction took place and the faces you recognize around the place. Pay them small money and give them like 3 days and you’d be shocked how they will catch the exact person that stole your money or phone.

You mean Vigilante smart than Police shocked
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Slynation(m): 1:20pm On Dec 31, 2020
Hahahaha hahaha.....grin grin grin she's even lucky she brought home an android phone instead of fufu....grin
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Cardinalpoint: 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2020
To avoid story that touches the heart.

Never look for how to buy expensive gadgets at a cheaper price in computer village. For example, you know that this phone cost #300,000 in slot buy you wan buy am for #40,000 . Sorry is your case

Avoid buying fairly used phones if possible but, if you must buy from a trusted person. Someone you know. Not all these boys hanging around.

If you must sell a gadget don't do it yourself. Make sure you have a trusted contact there. Don't go and stand by the road side looking for buyer. Dem go dupe you.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Palmerbarry: 1:46pm On Dec 31, 2020
grin

Lucky you!

I've had some bad experiences there. I remember the first day I went there. Just before Ikeja under bridge, a guy approached me. He wanted to sell his BB Bold 5, my eyes fell - though I was smart as hell, and it was cheap. We bargained and I paid. On getting to under bridge, he came by again for his SIM and requested to eject it and also reset the phone. I gave him. All of a sudden he asked us to go to a particular place under bridge (where you get Ojota bus); he gave me back my money and was like 'hurry up, I don't want Police to suspect I'm doing dirty deal'. On getting to the particular place, like magic, he was no where to be found. I searched everywhere, including under the parked buses. I've never been s surprised, it was a matter of few seconds.

I cleared him off my mind thinking he ran away because of the 'Police' thing, not knowing he has duped me. When I brought out the cash he returned for counting, I almost fainted by what I saw - bunch of newspapers neatly trimmed and wrapped up with N200 note. I almost fainted. Yep I gave him an extra N200 for t-fare which he requested and the wrapped newspapers looked like N1000 notes when he gave me back. I returned home that day without fulfilling my aim. I thought I was smart and I've always laughed Ikeja victims but I joined the league that day.

MORE: When you hear YOU WAN BUY, YOU WAN SELL, YOU WAN REPAIR? RUN!!
Those guys were created specially, you can hardly outsmart them.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by 2010goingon: 1:52pm On Dec 31, 2020
Computer village is a den of scammers

better keep distance
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by 2010goingon: 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2020
Slynation:
Hahahaha hahaha.....grin grin grin she's even lucky she brought home an android phone instead of fufu....grin

Read about that

Fufu mobile grin

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Black052(m): 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2020
Youngpo413:
fishy...
nothing fishy it happens everyday there
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Black052(m): 1:58pm On Dec 31, 2020
Olam09:
Since I've been buying phone and laptop from computer village I've never been duped for once, does that mean I'm over smart or I'm just always watchful?
you have been lucky or u either have a steady customer or again you are a known face around there

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Myself2(m): 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2020
majamajic:

She is lucky they gave her a phone , some do go home with fufu

grin grin grin grin
Chaiii Fufu
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Parrot69: 2:03pm On Dec 31, 2020
cRAFTsVEN:
They need to change that twitter logo to parrot ASAP! angry angry

Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by lovat(m): 2:15pm On Dec 31, 2020
GeneralPula:
Nyamiri people have destroyed computer village, with all their atrocities... From selling fake things and so on..

You’ll approach to buy anything from a shop. The next thing 2-3 guys don show. They’ll disguise as shop owner but no be them get shop. They’ll sell you fake things and run, you’ll return to complain to discover they don’t even work nor own shops.

I personally believe the shop owners are always involving all these atrocities. Of course they’ll be getting a certain percentage off each transaction..

Computer village is a very great market, but the yeeboz have destroyed it above average and if something isn’t done about this, they’ll wreck it and leave to another location. That’s how they usually DO!
An idiot just rear its head in 2020

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 31, 2020
olisaEze:
First off, which uncle u say turn butty to computer village hawker? And ur pics don’t really indicate the changed phone.

Every market has criminals, but I understand that there is a bullseye painted on computer village done to increase the volume of cries against crimes there for purely political reasons that will be clearer as 2023 inches closer.

Take heart my dear if it’s really an uncle and not an oncūlū from abroad that sent u on the errand or paid u for service rendered with a phone.

I thought as much
I have been frequenting computer village for years and never encountered or experienced any hanky hanky.
People come up with all kinds of outlandish stories to gain social media engagement for whatever reason(maybe political as you say,since some people have nothing else to do with their worthless lives than try to reap where they did not sow)
I.noticed that one creature here has already tribalised the matter.Such primitive minds that can never progress.
Welcome to the social media age
Noone knows if this story is real or fake or whether the woman wants to provoke sympathy cash flow
We will never know

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 31, 2020
GeneralPula:
Nyamiri people have destroyed computer village, with all their atrocities... From selling fake things and so on..

You’ll approach to buy anything from a shop. The next thing 2-3 guys don show. They’ll disguise as shop owner but no be them get shop. They’ll sell you fake things and run, you’ll return to complain to discover they don’t even work nor own shops.

I personally believe the shop owners are always involving all these atrocities. Of course they’ll be getting a certain percentage off each transaction..

Computer village is a very great market, but the yeeboz have destroyed it above average and if something isn’t done about this, they’ll wreck it and leave to another location. That’s how they usually DO!
It's almost 2021 and your mumu never do. Computer village we all know the percentage of yorouba doing street there.. Becareful

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by seanwilliam(m): 2:22pm On Dec 31, 2020
Only a fool will be fooled in computer village .. go there buy your stuffs and hold on to it don’t let it comot for your hand for any reason .. and make sure you buy it in a popular store shouting for the owner why maintaining your red eyes .. all these things are easy jare
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Seyzcham91(m): 2:23pm On Dec 31, 2020
you are right! exactly how it is
Jirehz:
I was a victim of this criminals in 2012 grin
My cousin and I wanted to swap blackberry curve 6 or so for Bold 5( bold 5 Dey hot that time).
We also had 11 thousand naira with us.
These road side guys gave us scrap phone and took our money too.
We later got the our curve 6 back but the money was gone. In fact they told us that we can never get the money back.

I later worked there and I know most of their tricks
Never patronize those roadside guys, 98% of the time, you’ll be dubbed or sold fake.

90% of the time, you can catch the criminal but most people don’t know grin
Computer village have a group of criminals that help in catching criminals cheesy
If you fall victim, don’t report to that police station there oo
Just ask of the vigilante group. All they need is for you to describe the person, the place the transaction took place and the faces you recognize around the place. Pay them small money and give them like 3 days and you’d be shocked how they will catch the exact person that stole your money or phone.
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Seyzcham91(m): 2:24pm On Dec 31, 2020
E suppose Month you or Year You sef grin
mrkings84:
This one week me
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by micflo28(m): 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2020
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Computer village guys be scamming people
Since 1990 grin grin cheesy
No hard feeling
It's part of the hustle

It teaches you to be wise
Bros atimes is not being wise...they use charms to work. It's better not to step feet there atall.
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 3:27pm On Dec 31, 2020
Olam09:
Since I've been buying phone and laptop from computer village I've never been duped for once, does that mean I'm over smart or I'm just always watchful?

Grace... that's it.
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by naturefellow(m): 3:29pm On Dec 31, 2020
Stevengold:
It's really the devil's workshop.

Those days in Port Harcourt (Garrison) its a like phone/computer village.
it happened to me, I went to sell blackberry bold 2 for 45k, I don't know what happened, but I found myself shouting for help and looking for the supposed buyer of the phone. Luckily I recognised the face of the guy.

I couldn't eat throughout that day, so I went to Garrison the next day, and paid police to help me standby for a week at Garrison (Garrison became my second home)

After few days the idiot came to Garrison, immediately I saw him, I alerted the police who pounced on him.

The guy don sell the phone since, so I got part my money back.
So anytime I enter there, na to shine my eyes too. And don't follow anyone to any hideout to price phone. Infact. Go with 2 or 3 persons. Close to a bank or eatery sef.
man, I have bad memories from that place!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by naturefellow(m): 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2020
osamz007:

ORANGES
i dislike this meme. Dont know why!
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Eaglesence: 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2020
Freestainworld:
That is how they will steal your vegina under illusion, and you won't know.

Vegina?

Lemme goan google first.... I will be back for your a...
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by EzegeNdiigbo: 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2020
juniorstar:
i no understand u be butty de go computer village. you need to have been on the street to trade in DAT place. u for just put your phones for jiji or other online stores and wait for buyer now the person wey get the clone and the person wey bring the buyer(our dear lady) don use the money from the sales of your phone chop nkwobi and stout. at least you don learn lesson next time no think say becos you don get small height and your 2oranges don big u get sense.
I Swear
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by KensonAbule(m): 4:03pm On Dec 31, 2020
Stevengold:
It's really the devil's workshop.

Those days in Port Harcourt (Garrison) its a like phone/computer village.
it happened to me, I went to sell blackberry bold 2 for 45k, I don't know what happened, but I found myself shouting for help and looking for the supposed buyer of the phone. Luckily I recognised the face of the guy.

I couldn't eat throughout that day, so I went to Garrison the next day, and paid police to help me standby for a week at Garrison (Garrison became my second home)

After few days the idiot came to Garrison, immediately I saw him, I alerted the police who pounced on him.

The guy don sell the phone since, so I got part my money back.
So anytime I enter there, na to shine my eyes too. And don't follow anyone to any hideout to price phone. Infact. Go with 2 or 3 persons. Close to a bank or eatery sef.

Is in that same Garrison, I bought Huawei P40 for #30k very new.
But reaching home, I went through the phone, I realized that it's an inmitation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Sagay212: 4:08pm On Dec 31, 2020
noble2faith:

Guy! No dey talk dat wan. Even though you are smart as you claim, there are people who are smarter than you are. I have a friend who swore that he would never be duped by fraudsters because he was too smart. Believe you me that he was duped by a Kanuri man in Maiduguri. Je was so ashamed of himself. He was like "Ah! Aboki man duped me!" Just pray you shouldn't fall victim.

I don't know or care about this your story. How do you know that a particular market has loads of scammers, you go there to sell your phone and still get scammed?
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Sagay212: 4:09pm On Dec 31, 2020
mariahAngel:

She was jazzed, she just doesn't know it yet.

Maybe ooo. Because na only juju fit make this one happen.
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by nedekid: 4:58pm On Dec 31, 2020
Olam09:
Guess you have being buying from shops or have a customer there and have not been dealing with the roadside guys.
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by typicalgamer(m): 5:17pm On Dec 31, 2020
No be mouth but these guys got nothing on any warri boy/girl when don work for Robinson plaza before.

No cap
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by davillian(m): 5:25pm On Dec 31, 2020
Common sense is not common......
Advice to others
If you need to do anything in computer village let somone connect you with somone that works or own a shop in computer village......
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by mechanics(m): 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2020
She was not vigilant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NTEL Begins With Free Unlimited Data For 3 Months / Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus 5G Full Review + Price (photos) / The Fraud In Slot Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.