Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,288 members, 7,887,843 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:00 PM

Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" (50863 Views)

Lady In Pain At Computer Village After Being Sold Faulty iPhone (Pic, Video) / Iphone11 Pro Max Or Iphone13 / The Cost Of Iphone11 Pro Max Dropped As Nigerian Youths Carry Out #endsars Pro. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Liposure: 6:02pm On Dec 31, 2020
Kingrefreshed:

Hahahahahahahaha this one sweet me. One bottle of whatever you drink. But make sure you pay! grin grin grin
lol scammer
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by naijapage(f): 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2020
ebukajay184:
Lady Takes iPhone11 Pro Max to Sell In Computer Village But Returns With A Different Phone (Photos)

A lady has taken to Twitter to reveal that she has become a Devotional victim of the traders at Computer Village in Ikeja, IgbereTV reports.

She initially took to Twitter to reveal that her uncle brought back multiple iPhone11 Pro Max phones and she's looking for buyers.

Apparently, trying to make a sale, she went to Computer Village with one of the phones, but when she got home with the phone, she found out it had been switched without her knowledge and she now had a different phone.

She tweeted:

https://twitter.com/The_Ckarisma/status/1344323472009342976?s=19

She added:

https://twitter.com/The_Ckarisma/status/1344388256427868164?s=19

https://igberetvnews.com/1377395/computer-village-devils-workshop-lady-loses-iphone11-pro-max/
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Negos: 6:20pm On Dec 31, 2020
Even policemen have told tales of that electronic entrapment.Being smart won’t save you in that place.
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Ishilove: 6:24pm On Dec 31, 2020
Whenever I have business there, I already have where I am going mapped out. No nonsense branching into shops. I zoom in and zoom out to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by jerry2cino(m): 7:27pm On Dec 31, 2020
In computer village, you don play to be wise, instead you will end up been the biggest fool. Na men dey there no be boys
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Adebowalay(m): 7:42pm On Dec 31, 2020
E SHOCK U?.....C VILLA NO BE BOUTIQUE...THAT HOOD, ONLY D SMART PREVAILS...
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by SpontoOg: 9:21pm On Dec 31, 2020
Once your father starts working in cv never trust him again
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Stevengold(m): 10:36pm On Dec 31, 2020
KensonAbule:

Is in that same Garrison, I bought Huawei P40 for #30k very new.
But reaching home, I went through the phone, I realized that it's an inmitation.

cheesy Haba, you no even fear sef. cheesy cheesy
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by autamahmud(m): 11:50pm On Dec 31, 2020
majamajic:
It's called abrakatabra

The more u look the less u see

She is lucky they gave her a phone , some do go home with fufu

This cracked me up big time, I remember when this same stuff happened to me years back. Omo no be joke I could not sleep, it all looks like jazz but in real sense is just skills and slight of hand. If I was an officer in the army, one day I will go look for scapegoats. With my boys all on mufty
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Sniper101(m): 2:11am On Jan 01, 2021
Stevengold:
It's really the devil's workshop.

Those days in Port Harcourt (Garrison) its a like phone/computer village.
it happened to me, I went to sell blackberry bold 2 for 45k, I don't know what happened, but I found myself shouting for help and looking for the supposed buyer of the phone. Luckily I recognised the face of the guy.

I couldn't eat throughout that day, so I went to Garrison the next day, and paid police to help me standby for a week at Garrison (Garrison became my second home)

After few days the idiot came to Garrison, immediately I saw him, I alerted the police who pounced on him.

The guy don sell the phone since, so I got part my money back.
So anytime I enter there, na to shine my eyes too. And don't follow anyone to any hideout to price phone. Infact. Go with 2 or 3 persons. Close to a bank or eatery sef.

LMAO

This right here just made me remember a time, about 7yrs ago, when I gave my younger bro a phone for him to go sell off at Garrison...cos am usually too busy at work or too stressed out when am back from work.

So, on that faithful day, he left in the morning.
Only for me to return home in the evening n he still wasn't home.
By the time he finally returned, dude wasn't with my phone but was with 5k. When I was expecting at least 25k to 30k.

When dude finally summoned courage to talk about what had happened to my phone, dude said he got to Garrison and gave my phone to a guy who had showed interest to purchase the phone.
The guy gave him 5k to hold while he checks out the phone as they were WALKING to his "imaginary" shop.
But before my bro could say "Jack" the guy had disappeared.
That is, the guy had cunningly walked away with the phone or walked into an unknown corner with the phone before my bro realized he's no longer with him grin

Garrison boys ??
Hmmmm
I fear who no fear Dem
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by E2eGAYMl7: 2:13am On Jan 01, 2021
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by noble2faith(m): 8:37am On Jan 01, 2021
Sagay212:

I don't know or care about this your story. How do you know that a particular market has loads of scammers, you go there to sell your phone and still get scammed?

Don't you believe that voodoo or dark power might be used to hypnotize the victims?
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Midex88(m): 1:15pm On Jan 01, 2021
Adakintroy:
Na so I think say I don see orkpor..one guy wan sell infix hot 8 for me 15k..I rush am quick.

Small time the guy say make I give am phone back. Say him done see buyer to pay more. Him return my money to me. No problem abi?

I just put money for pocket..later check I see just 1k the rest na carton wrapp.

I and a friend was once a victim of this but thank God that I didn't fall for it.
We met the guy on the street inside computer with a techno L9plus and he said he is selling for 12k which looked very cheap to my friend but I insisted will go outside of computer village to transact business as per say cash no dey and we need to collect money from ATM which he was reluctant to follow us because he said we should collect and come back inside computer village.

In my mind, I knew that he had plans and once we are outside of computer village, his gragra will reduce.

After we collected the money from ATM, I told my friend to give him the money while I recieved the phone to check the device.

All of a sudden, some bad guys came around and he said he wasn't selling again while also started shouting and behaving roughly that we should give him his phone. My friend collected the money just like that and told me to give the guy his phone but I knew something wasn't right with the money.

As a lagos guy i quickly told my friend to check the money before I release the phone to them because I was so sure that something wasn't right the money might have been changed to fake notes.

Lo and behold, the money was all cartons cut into the size of real money. Only 1k was there.

I didn't release the phone. One of the bad later changed it to real money and we collected our 11k back and they collected their phone from me.

You have to be extra smart when doing and transaction there.

Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by Midex88(m): 1:16pm On Jan 01, 2021
Adakintroy:
Na so I think say I don see orkpor..one guy wan sell infix hot 8 for me 15k..I rush am quick.

Small time the guy say make I give am phone back. Say him done see buyer to pay more. Him return my money to me. No problem abi?

I just put money for pocket..later check I see just 1k the rest na carton wrapp.

I and a friend was once a victim of this but thank God that I didn't fall for it.
We met the guy on the street inside computer with a techno L9plus and he said he is selling for 12k which looked very cheap to my friend but I insisted will go outside of computer village to transact business as per say cash no dey and we need to collect money from ATM which he was reluctant to follow us because he said we should collect and come back inside computer village.

In my mind, I knew that he had plans and once we are outside of computer village, his gragra will reduce.

After we collected the money from ATM, I told my friend to give him the money while I recieved the phone to check the device.

All of a sudden, some bad guys came around and he said he wasn't selling again while also started shouting and behaving roughly that we should give him his phone. My friend collected the money just like that and told me to give the guy his phone but I knew something wasn't right with the money.

As a lagos guy i quickly told my friend to check the money before I release the phone to them because I was so sure that something wasn't right the money might have been changed to fake notes.

Lo and behold, the money was all cartons cut into the size of real money. Only 1k was there.

I didn't release the phone. One of the bad later changed it to real money and we collected our 11k back and they collected their phone from me.

You have to be extra smart when doing and transaction there.
Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by MisterKay321(m): 2:30pm On Jan 01, 2021
I work at computer village. If you don't trust street boys, walk into shops that have what you seek. Examine what the shop owner or his assistant offers you.
Satisfied? Pay and collect receipt.
You may demand warantee clause included in the receipt/invoice.
If the product develops issue within warantee period, feel free to return it back for rectification.
You stand a higher chance of been scammed there if you shop from street boys in the evening (close of work).
Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" by KensonAbule(m): 7:07am On Jan 02, 2021
Stevengold:

cheesy Haba, you no even fear sef. cheesy cheesy

At 1st I thought, I was smart and I have made it, but the phone is good shaa, I can manage it till I save to buy from shop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NTEL Begins With Free Unlimited Data For 3 Months / Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus 5G Full Review + Price (photos) / The Fraud In Slot Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.