Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,112 members, 7,907,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:12 PM

Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins (12246 Views)

See How Buhari's Past Came Back To Haunt Him / Buhari’s Past Haunts: As Lagos Youths Protest / The New Igp, Md Abubakar's Past Sins: A Bad Replacement For Ringim! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Misterpaul(m): 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2011
That is definitely not right. Why do people try to rewrite history all the time? Just in case you do not know, back in the days, there were even greater problems far beyond blackouts. In addition to blackouts, SEVERAL COMMUNITIES DID NOT EVEN HAVE ACCESS TO ELECTRICITY!!! Just in case you have been outside Nigeria since you were born, call and ask the elders when electricity first came to your village. A lot of communities first got power in the 21st century. Sometime in the early 90's someone from the village visited my house and did not know what a television (black and white) was! They did not have access to electricity until the mid 90's. Up till now, there are still some communities that have no access to electricity,

Availability per capita (in terms of overall population) has definitely improved but availability per consumer (with access) is what has not improved much simply because of explosion of demand and expa, God bless u,you really make sense.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by aletheia(m): 7:27pm On Apr 02, 2011
Orikinla:

Their poor knowledge of political history is pathetic.
Moreover, you can see that THEY DON'T READ.

And I suppose, you think you can read. Right? Your attempts are rewriting history will be resisted. Nonsense.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by seguno2: 7:35pm On Apr 02, 2011
Kobo's document link:

http://www.iaee.org/documents/newsletterarticles/408adeola.pdf

actually provides evidence to show that the coupists who ruled us in the 1980s and 90s did nothing to improve and even maintain the energy infrastructures- electricity & fuel
The third paragraph of  "The Nigerian Energy Sector" sub-topic states that:

Between 1985 and 2000, electricity generation capacity grew by a mere 10 per cent in Nigeria

Figure 2 on Page 3 is labelled:

The Low Growth Rate in the 80s and 90s was Due to Poor Funding & Neglect of the Nigerian Power Sector

Meanwhile in 1984 & 1985 Buhari's dictatorship spent about $250 million that obviously did not show up in improved power generation. This amount spent by Buhari's military government was more than whta was spent from 1986 till 1999 when Obasanjo took over and appointed late Bola Ige of AD as the minister for power. Hence IBB, Abacha and Abdulsalami did not spend money on the power sector.
I have used teh word spend carefully to reflect the important difference from investing. When you invest there should be a positive impact. That has not been the case for some three decades before democracy in 1999 and PDP took over. The research article clearly shows power generation clearly improving from 1999 onwards although not by very big percentages in Table 1 - Profile of the Electricity Industry Infrastructure. The slow improvement may be attributable to the need to first fix the rot that must have set in from 1983 due to non-maintenance of existing infrastructures.
It is apparent that as with everything Buhari, we are being fed propaganda and half-truths because the man a[b]chieved NOTHING except to murder people under laws that did not exist when the crimes were committed and deal with his critics like Fela and the two journalists from The Guardian[/b].
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by efisher(m): 7:39pm On Apr 02, 2011
2 Questions for the BB supporters who say there were no blackouts during the Buhari regime:

1. Did we have blackouts during OBJ's Military regime?
2. Did we have blackouts during IBB's Military regime?

Provide simple Yes/No answers to the above questions as a test of your ability to think logically.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by edicolove: 7:40pm On Apr 02, 2011
Beaf

Abeg we did not have blackouts during Buhari's time, it was from IBB's time that we started having those issues.

------------------------------------------

you must be 15 years old
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by seguno2: 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2011
efisher:

That is definitely not right. Why do people try to rewrite history all the time? Just in case you do not know, back in the days, there were even greater problems than blackouts. In addition to blackouts, SEVERAL COMMUNITIES DID NOT EVEN HAVE ACCESS TO ELECTRICITY!!! Just in case you have been outside Nigeria since you were born, call and ask the elders when electricity first came to your village. A lot of communities first got power in the 21st century. Sometime in the early 90's someone from the village visited my house and did not know what a television (black and white) was! They did not have access to electricity until the mid 90's. Up till now, there are still some communities that have no access to electricity.

Availability per capita (in terms of overall population) has definitely improved but availability per consumer (with access) is what has not improved much simply because of explosion of demand and expansion of access. We have witnessed huge increase in the economic activities of the country and we are becoming more dependent on electricity. Back in the 80's most of us were still cooking with wood, using kerosene lamps, etc. I don't have exact figures but I can confidently say consumption per capita has more than trippled in the last 20 years inspite of population growth.

Thanks for the excellent analysis.
I hope the simpletons who are criticising without critical, rational deep thinking would pause and reflect on the above before striking at their keyboards again.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by dapachez: 7:43pm On Apr 02, 2011
this aint a post oops y am i even commenting nonsense
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by agabaI23(m): 7:46pm On Apr 02, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Please compose yourself woman -- there is no need to get your unmentionables in  a wad! I am sorry but I disagree with you!!! However, that is no reason for you to call my assertions lies. You have to do more than that . . .  you actually have to SHOW your CASE -- You cannot bully me into accepting, your view, you know that right?

Again, get the context right . . . in 1983/84 ---- Nigeria's biggest issues were the economy(There was a global recession we NEEDED to recover from -- I am certain you know what that means), and corruption, which has by then become  a hindering factor. Electricity, not so much of a problem because we were actually not experiencing blackouts and all you have come to accept as the norm now, back then.
How can electricity not be so much of a problem in face of economic recession? I think the song we all have been singing is that we need the fixing of the power issues in Nigeria in order to drive the economy. All of a sudden it is no longer linked with the economy.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2011
seguno2:

Kobo's document link:

http://www.iaee.org/documents/newsletterarticles/408adeola.pdf

actually provides evidence to show that the coupists who ruled us in the 1980s and 90s did nothing to improve and even maintain the energy infrastructures- electricity & fuel

Well, as far as I know , we did get the GORGE project going in the same 1980-83/4. That project was supposed to provide us with 3400MW or thereabouts but I believe it fell to corruption, and no idea what became of it (I have not done much research on this since then), so that alone counters your claim that nothing was done to improve the situation between 1980 and 2000.

Like I said, the article cannot be used to explain this and I definitely know your attempt there fails.

seguno2:

The third paragraph of  "The Nigerian Energy Sector" sub-topic states that:

I am sorry again but that article cannot be used in the way you are suggesting it can . . . 1985 is also the same year IBB came in  . . . since 1984 was not included, that does cause one to wonder what that document means there. Again, the reason why I said the article itself cannot be used to tell of what happened during the one regime or the other in the way you attempt to.

seguno2:

Figure 2 on Page 3 is labelled:

Meanwhile in 1984 & 1985 Buhari's dictatorship spent about $250 million that obviously did not show up in improved power generation. This amount spent by Buhari's military government was more than whta was spent from 1986 till 1999 when Obasanjo took over and appointed late Bola Ige of AD as the minister for power. Hence IBB, Abacha and Abdulsalami did not spend money on the power sector.
I have used teh word spend carefully to reflect the important difference from investing. When you invest there should be a positive impact. That has not been the case for some three decades before democracy in 1999 and PDP took over. The research article clearly shows power generation clearly improving from 1999 onwards although not by very big percentages in Table 1 - Profile of the Electricity Industry Infrastructure. The slow improvement may be attributable to the need to first fix the rot that must have set in from 1983 due to non-maintenance of existing infrastructures.
It is apparent that as with everything Buhari, we are being fed propaganda and half-truths because the man a[b]chieved NOTHING except to murder people under laws that did not exist when the crimes were committed and deal with his critics like Fela and the two journalists from The Guardian[/b].

Again, another attempt by you to make a document say what it is not saying!!!

By the way, are you able to at least provide some reference for the claims you make above for the investments into the same power sector in 1984?

Rather than desperately trying to make the document say what it has yet to say . . why not instead post some references . . . something we are still asking for to this page
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Apr 02, 2011
agabaI23:

How can electricity not be so much of a problem in face of economic recession? I think the song we all have been singing is that we need the fixing of the power issues in Nigeria in order to drive the economy. All of a sudden it is no longer linked with the economy.

When did electricity and recession begin to go hand in hand? Even in our current situation, we have made it out clear of the recession even with the appalling power situation and you somehow want to attempt an argument linking the two? shocked
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by seguno2: 7:54pm On Apr 02, 2011
General Lawal Jafaru Isa was once Buhari’s ADC. What does that tell us? I have said it before that while I was in Kano, some years ago, one of Buhari’s brothers was one of the richest people in Kano. He ran the biggest and larger than life building construction outfit in northern Nigeria, if not in Nigeria. Where did the other Buhari get the money from to set up such a firm? Besides, the company was handling contracts for anybody who could afford the price. The structures were mainly of Arabian architecture.

Sani Buhari Daura is the name of the Moh. Buhari relation I mentioned earlier. The man's company was 'Standard Construction Company.'

The lies and falsehood going on in nigeria exceed the ordinary.
Here's a little info on the Buharis and Standard Construction Company:

Chairperson: Mr S Buhari (Sani)

Director (Exec.): Mr A Buhari (Abdulkadir)

Director (Exec.): Mr A Buhari (Aminu)

Standard Construction Ltd
Tel: +234 64 664068/664539
Fax: +234 64 666284/664844
Telex: 77263
E-mail: Not Known
Office Location: 12-13 Zoo Road
Gidan Buhari
Kano

Nigeria

Postal Address: P O Box 2029
Kano
Nigeria

Buhari is sure one damn smart crook who has fooled MOST Nigerians with his I-holy-pass-holy camoflague.
Any wonder that the man "without a house in Abuja" can fund three presidential campaigns- 2003, 2007 and 2011 as well as have a Supreme Court election case with many SAN lawyers shocked  shocked  shocked
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by edicolove: 7:54pm On Apr 02, 2011
it would have really been a nice election run if buhari supporters can really discuss issues, but every post they post is one insult after another. they like to engage in name calling and blackmail and bullying. if this is the Nigeria we are going to experience if buhari wins then it is sad. i wont discuss with them again because they dont sound like really intelligent articulate people. most of them do not live in Nigeria though so they have no clue of the people's sentiments and inclination.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by efisher(m): 8:02pm On Apr 02, 2011
seguno2:

Thanks for the excellent analysis.
I hope the simpletons who are criticising without critical, rational deep thinking would pause and reflect on the above before striking at their keyboards again.

Thank you,

The feud on this thread seems to reflect what is happening on ground. The battle between the disconnected "assumers" and the involved "technocrats"!!!

Some just jump on their keyboard and post anything that comes out of it. Others have taken time to think critically and made brilliant contributions afterwards.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 8:04pm On Apr 02, 2011
seguno2:

Buhari is sure one damn smart crook who has fooled MOST Nigerians with his I-holy-pass-holy camoflague.
Any wonder that the man "without a house in Abuja" can fund three presidential campaigns- 2003, 2007 and 2011 as well as have a Supreme Court election case with many SAN lawyers shocked  shocked  shocked

I fail to see your point here. So, what if one of Buhari's brothers was one of the richest people in Kano, do you have evidence that the source of his income was Buhari? What exactly is the point of this if you have NO REAL EVIDENCE to show for all you post so far?? We can all make stories up but only those stories that are built on facts matter in these issues, well for those of us, who are beyond the nonsense of daily gossip . . .

Do you even have any proof he funded, from his pockets, so far, I know at least 10 people who have made substantial donations to the Buhari team in just the last couple of days. Someone even submitted that the Jet the team has been flying around with was donated by some rich dude in one of the northern states.  If you have to make these claims, at least provide some evidence to convince folks . . . the thing with flinging poo is it is only effective when the person hit knows where it is coming from and knows it is legit.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by seguno2: 8:10pm On Apr 02, 2011
edicolove:

it would have really been a nice election run if buhari supporters can really discuss issues, but every post they post is one insult after another. they like to engage in name calling and blackmail and bullying. if this is the Nigeria we are going to experience if buhari wins then it is sad. i wont discuss with them again because they dont sound like really intelligent articulate people. most of them do not live in Nigeria though so they have no clue of the people's sentiments and inclination.

my dear, it is not a case of

if this is the Nigeria we are going to experience

rather it is the Nigeria that we have experienced under retired General Muhamadu Buhari when he was the leader supremo in 1984-1985.
Have you forgotten Decree 4 against the press and locking up two Guardian journalists?
What about getting a judge to "deal" with Fela by jailing him over a framed up charge?
Listen & Learn to Fela's song here:

Beast of No Nation part2 - d correct link

[size=16pt]Africa does not need great leaders (brutes & bullies). It needs great democratic institutions (equitable law & order). - Barack Obama[/size]
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 8:12pm On Apr 02, 2011
^^^ Still no reference links or documents for claims you continue to make huh? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by kayode72: 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2011
this is to all JEGA (Jonathan Ebele Goodluck Azikwe) apologist out there, i hope one day during his reign cos its obvious now that the election is going to be rigged in his favour you wont all turn coat  when the crack of the whip from the slavemaster keeps finding your back and you end up looking very stupid in doing so.

its amazing how bias clouds logical reasoning to a point of insanity, when the obvious is sacrifised on the alter of prejudice.

Next saturday enter that booth, thumb print on the umblera and wait for the hardship those people dispatched from perdition (PDP) will unleash on the country.

Dont wish Nigeria Goodluck, wish her the best of luck come next saturday.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Revsola: 8:33pm On Apr 02, 2011
Only Buhari can deal with corruption,period!And corruption is our major problem in Nigeria.
Put sentiments apart,forget tribalism,go to the polling booth,look around and cast ur vote:CPC is the party, pen is the logo, Buhari/Bakare all the way
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by seguno2: 8:36pm On Apr 02, 2011
Revsola:

Only Buhari can deal with corruption,period!And corruption is our major problem in Nigeria.
Put sentiments apart,forget tribalism,go to the polling booth,look around and cast your vote:CPC is the party, pen is the logo, Buhari/Bakare all the way

Buhari CANNOT deal with corruption as he is corruption personified despite his public posturing. QED
Wake up & smell the coffee. Shine your eyes before it is too late

Meanwhile Fela's masterpiece continues here:

BONN concluding part 3

You can't bottle a free spirit.
Fela lives on bigger than those who locked him up several times during his lifetime including MORALLY corrupt General Buhari.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On Apr 02, 2011
seguno2:

Buhari CANNOT deal with corruption as he is corruption personified despite his public posturing. QED

BONN concluding part 3
Kobojunkie:

^^^ Still no reference links or documents for claims you continue to make huh? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by stildude(m): 8:38pm On Apr 02, 2011
I want to comment on the issue of  black out in Nigeria. I can say that since I was a child, the issue of blackout has always been there in Nigeria. In a few years, I would be celebrating my 40th xmas. The only thing you could say is that the black out frequency is more now than back in the days. That also is due to the mere fact that there are more people in Nigeria now compared to '83. There is also more consumption of power as result of more industrialization in the country. In Buhari's days, we were mostly importing (and even forced to sell below cost price). We hardly were a producing nation. Cocoa and cotton didn't need much power unlike common sealing of bottle water now. Even the roads were not used much back then compared  to now. The roads are getting bad more easily partly cos there is huge pressure on them compared to 80s. It is foolish to compare achievements and challenges between the times.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by JimmyBoy1: 8:44pm On Apr 02, 2011
I have read several negative posts about buhari, but I am yet a single person accussing him of corruption. All I hear is that his regim was high-handed, he is an islamic radical and he said abacha did not steal. We should not forget that the PTF was probed by OBJ, we all know that the vindictive OBJ would have thrown him to the lions by now assuming he was indicted in any form. On the high-handedness, this was an innocent mistake that any true leader because as he never enriched himself with it. He has since atoned for this, as this has affected his political fortunes since 1999. However, Nigerians have tested those that claim to observe the rule of law, and have realized that integrity is the missing link in the leadership of this country.You can advise these thieves to also atone for their evil by returning every kobo stolen back to the Nigerian people. Until this is done, buhari is our only hope. I learnt they have released ibori today on health ground,I laugh, we are no naïve enough to buy the health story, they copied that story line from the lockerbie bomber saga between UK and libya. Shame on them.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by seguno2: 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2011
stildude:

I want to comment on the issue of  black out in Nigeria. I can say that since I was a child, the issue of blackout has always been there in Nigeria. In a few years, I would be celebrating my 40th xmas. The only thing you could say is that the black out frequency is more now than back in the days. That also is due to the mere fact that there are more people in Nigeria now compared to '83. There is also more consumption of power as result of more industrialization in the country.

Abeg tell dem and make we hope sey these new generation people will register these simple, digestible facts.

In Buhari's days, we were mostly importing (and even forced to sell below cost price).  

I beleive that was through NNSC- Nigerian National Supply Company run mainly by soldiers who made so many millions under General Buhari wey "no get house for Abuja".
Meanwhile the disruption to market dynamics of supply and demand were enormous and created more medium and long term problems than the short term relief that was being trumpeted by messiah-seekers.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Apr 02, 2011
seguno2:

Abeg tell dem and make we hope sey these new generation people will register these simple, digestible facts.

I beleive that was through NNSC- Nigerian National Supply Company run mainly by soldiers who made so many millions under General Buhari wey "no get house for Abuja".
Meanwhile the disruption to market dynamics of supply and demand were enormous and created more medium and long term problems than the short term relief that was being trumpeted by messiah-seekers.
Kobojunkie:

We are almost into page 3 and still no references for the claims that have been made to this point . . . I am actually open to considering what you have to offer but instead you continue to tie my hand in this -- and I see you pretend you are making some solid argument with the many unsubstantiated claims so far.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Doyin2(m): 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2011
PDP AND IT'S AGENTS ARE DESPERATE AND ARE READY TO DO ANYTHING TO DISTORT THE FACTS AND DECEIVE THE PUBLIC!

Please be informed that Nigeria was generating well over  3000 megawatts of electricity before PDP captured power in1999.12years and  a whopping $16bn after,virtually nothing has been added.

The more reason why we should try something truly fresh:Ribadu/Adeola
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by dasa: 8:50pm On Apr 02, 2011
This reply is specifically to the people that wont vote for GEJ because he is on the PDP platform.

For now only PDP can deliver a true national leader. maybe in a few years other parties can.

this is why.

PDP is the only National party in Nigeria. all other parties are sleeping. they are based on tribe, religion or location.

PDP has a strong presence in the North, middle belt, south west, south east, and south south.
ACN is mainly in the south west.
Anpp is in a small part of the North.
Apga is in a small part of the south east
CPC(Buhari's personal property) is nothing in buhari's state but has a few almajiris in other states.

the rest do not exist.

These parties shoult mobilise on a national scale if they want to control this country.

If you want gold, you have to dig in the dirt
if you want diamond, you will most likely enter a dirty river.

GEJ is in the right place. he would have had no chance if he was an ACN candidate.

Please Forget the parrty and vote the man.
you can vote any other person for any other position, but its in our best interest that GEJ wins.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by efisher(m): 8:50pm On Apr 02, 2011
stildude:

I want to comment on the issue of  black out in Nigeria. I can say that since I was a child, the issue of blackout has always been there in Nigeria. In a few years, I would be celebrating my 40th xmas.

Thank you my brother. Some of these kids just play around with their computers and post nonsense in a forum where matured minds are discussing serious issues.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Apr 02, 2011
dasa:

This reply is specifically to the people that wont vote for GEJ because he is on the PDP platform.

For now only PDP can deliver a true national leader. maybe in a few years other parties can.

this is why.

PDP is the only National party in Nigeria. all other parties are sleeping. they are based on tribe, religion or location.

PDP has a strong presence in the North, middle belt, south west, south east, and south south.
CPC(Buhari's personal property) is nothing in buhari's state but has a few almajiris in other states.

the rest do not exist.

These parties shoult mobilise on a national scale if they want to control this country.

GEJ is in the right place. he would have had no chance if he was an ACN candidate.

you can vote any other person for any other position, but its in our best interest that GEJ wins.

Dude, I suggest you spend more time EDUCATING YOURSELF on the difference between FACTS and FICTION and how the one cannot pass for the other. Much of what you have above is based on LIES and not facts. We have over discussed this on nairaland that I would at this point rather you spend time reviewing responses that have been ponsted on these so far.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by stiyke(m): 8:54pm On Apr 02, 2011
seguno2:

BONN concluding part 3

You can't bottle a free spirit.
Fela lives on bigger than those who locked him up several times during his lifetime including MORALLY corrupt General Buhari.

So right is your comment.

stildude:

I want to comment on the issue of  black out in Nigeria. I can say that since I was a child, the issue of blackout has always been there in Nigeria. In a few years, I would be celebrating my 40th xmas. The only thing you could say is that the black out frequency is more now than back in the days. That also is due to the mere fact that there are more people in Nigeria now compared to '83. There is also more consumption of power as result of more industrialization in the country. In Buhari's days, we were mostly importing (and even forced to sell below cost price). We hardly were a producing nation. Cocoa and cotton didn't need much power unlike common sealing of bottle water now. Even the roads were not used much back then compared  to now. The roads are getting bad more easily partly cos there is huge pressure on them compared to 80s. It is foolish to compare achievements and challenges between the times.

Please educate them. First he said Abacha didnt loot, now they (BB supporters) say there were no black outs during buhari's past regime. Maybe soon them go say Buhari never did coup. Buhari never wanted democracy how can he be going for elections now when he sacked a democratic government?? Some nigerians are incredible, no principles at all. [s]He should go to somalia do coup there and be their president. [/s]
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by seguno2: 8:55pm On Apr 02, 2011
Jimmy Boy:

I have read several negative posts about buhari, but I am yet a single person accussing him of corruption.

the same way no one accused Shehu Shagari of corruption. Yet he was the party leader for Umaru Dikko and Adisa Akinloye who were notoriously loud billionaires who made their money under Shagari's holy me-I-no-dey-corrupt watch.

Buhari just like Shagari MAY not be personally corrupt in the SIMPLE sense of stealing money directly. However they are both MORALLY corrupt by allowing others that are very close to them to steal.
Buhari's case is even worse because he allows others to steal only to come back later to expect them to spend such money for his comatose election campaigns and election court case.
Bull.sh*t posturing and pure hypocrisy that cannot stand up to deep examination.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by efisher(m): 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2011
dasa:

this is why.

the rest do not exist.

This is the painful truth and the earlier the opposition realizes it, the better.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by BetaThings: 8:58pm On Apr 02, 2011
Beaf:

Damn! shocked
. . .Just like planning? There were very serious blackouts in Buhari's time, but he was too busy enjoying sirens and airconditioned cars to notice.
Details do not bother a man like Buhari, he is a man that notices little; he never noticed the problems with NEPA (just as he never noticed IBB was overthrowing him).

Our power problems began in the military regimes led by murdering, opportunistic, short sighted, parasitic, barely-literate and daft buffoons and robbers in uniform. The likes of Buhari should be on a beach, getting shot for treason; instead, in our weird system the murderer is actually contesting for the highest office.
While Buhari was a GOC, he firmly repelled the invasion of a foreign force
Under Jonathan, even after we donated Bakassi to Cameroon, that country's gendermes are still harassing Nigerians
Jonathan exonerated MEND from the Oct 1st bomb blast
He proceeded to try and opportunistically profit from an act of treason (which led to the death of many Nigerians) by concocting text messages against Dokpesi
And yet we are living with untold violence because the man does not want to offend anybody - the presidential election is too important
The person that should actually be at Bar Beach staring into the barrel of a gun should be in the mould of the chameleon Jonathan!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! / 2,000 Civilians Flee Borno To Niger Republic / Oke Umurhohwo: Have The Police Turned Against Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.