Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,925 members, 7,942,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:49 AM

Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins (12274 Views)

See How Buhari's Past Came Back To Haunt Him / Buhari’s Past Haunts: As Lagos Youths Protest / The New Igp, Md Abubakar's Past Sins: A Bad Replacement For Ringim! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by efisher(m): 9:09pm On Apr 03, 2011
ehie:

@GEJ goons,reason why everyone is calling Buharis name is because we are fed up to our throats withe the same faces that have bled us dry.
we are sick and tired of seeing them doing nothing and frittering our money away.

We understand fully. We need change but we have to change for the better and not for the worse. Buhari has been there before and all he could do was to intimidate innocent citizens with his koboko. The message is that we should not be deceived by the empty promises of expired rulers who have no clear plan for the nation. We need to get it right. We cannot recycle something out of nothing. We need to move forward not backwards. Hope can only be found in the future and not in the past.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by agabaI23(m): 9:11pm On Apr 03, 2011
oyewolejos:

Under what ground? If u are a politician with 18 million votes coming from the SW alone and majority of  votes from Benue, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Edo, Jigawa, Adamawa, Anambra, Rivers, Sokoto will u step down for another politician? What about million of your followers? Will u just let them down cos one General is desperate to be president? Politics is a service not a must so even if he doesn't win in a free and fair election he stands a better chance next time.
The million of youths yearning for change in this country want total change not recycling.
We are voting for principle not just to get replace PDP with another calamity but replace them with the best Man for the job.
Since Buhari scattered the alliance then lets go to the polls and see what will happen.
How do u expect a party with 4 Governors to abandon their party and follow a less than a year old party to the polls?
You want to appoint the VP and the Party Chairman without any input from the other party in the alliance, are u taking them for a fool or what?
Why will u dump a party that gave u the platform to contest an election in 2003 and 2007 on a platter of gold just because they insist u will have to go through primaries for 2011?
This election is about principle and i know Nigerians know better.
I wish Buhari best of luck but he should know that Nigeria is bigger than any personal ambition.
Do you have any proof of the highlighted because it is a clear example what I have been saying. He has no room for democracy. Show me an evidence please poster grin
I did not even know he wanted to appoint the chairman and VP in the alliance. . . . is that true also or a fabrication? I don't like fabricating a lies against the elderly. I was taught to respect my elders grin
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 9:13pm On Apr 03, 2011
oyewolejos:

The million of youths yearning for change in this country want total change not recycling.
But this happens to be the very problem with what Ribadu is offering us now. Change Backed by the same old corrupt leaders we are desperately trying to get away from!!

oyewolejos:

We are voting for principle not just to get replace PDP with another calamity but replace them with the best Man for the job.
Precisely and this is exactly what Ribadu is not offering us . . . No principled man will come with backing from the likes of Tinubu or IBB. I initially brushed off the IBB connection until I actually read that Ribadu did go to him. What in the world was that for?
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Defender1: 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2011
@ Valeri011

For me:
why I will not vote for Buhari but Goodluck

''  Buhari truncated democracy in 1983,initiating a high handed disciplinarian govt,which he was not man enough to sustain,thereby leading to coups and counter coups,causing us to waste 16yrs of our lives wandering in wilderness under dictators.

Which democracy? the kleptocracy and falsehood of  courts and the 2/3 of states lies?

It is on record that the PDP inherited 1500 megawatts in 1999 but this has now shot up to 3800 megawatts with many other power plants in various stages of completion.

congrats my man.Over $15 billion dollars to generate 2300 megawatts. When I first came to Abuja the power outage NEVER lasted more than 10 minutes. Now in the same Abuja power outage lasts for 10 days. Meanwhile PDP governors. senators, reps, assembly men and local government chairmen were lining their pockets with the money meant for development.the president himself lead the pack. Taking the money that was meant for improving OUR electricity and sharing it among his girlfriends and cronies

I was a strong critic of the PDP until Jonathan came into power with exceptional humility,sincerity and well thought out plans to solve pressing problems.
Which problems. The problem of bombs going off on October 1st and Jonathan saying MEND was not responsible only for us to find out that it was his very own advisers who asked MEND to carry out the bombing?

He demonstrated enormous goodwill in reforming INEC to a status we are all proud of 2day.
Which INEC?  The INEc that could not carry out a scheduled election. After getting N100 billion naira? Come come my good friend,  I know we should be patriotic. But let us call a spade a spade. The Academicians have failed. Think of it Jonathan was a lecturer when UMBRERRA was a student. And UMBRERRA passed. Jonathan approved her passing . That goes to show what Nigerian youth will become if he gets elected and we allow PDP to continue.

The lingering fuel scarcity immediately disappeared,our refineries are back to work,etc

Which fuel scarcity disappeared.

My appeal is for us to access these candidates dispassionately and vote wisely.

I AGREE with you TOTALLY. When we are dispassionate and assess these candidates ONLY ONE candidate stands out. Nigerians. Lets KICK PDP OUT. VOTE BUHARI
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by aletheia(m): 9:23pm On Apr 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

But this happens to be the very problem with what Ribadu is offering us now. Change Backed by the same old corrupt leaders we are desperately trying to get away from!!
Precisely and this is exactly what Ribadu is not offering us . . . No principled man will come with backing from the likes of Tinubu or IBB. I initially brushed off the IBB connection until I actually read that Ribadu did go to him. What in the world was that for?
^I guess the joke is on you then. How about reading this article or will you play the ostrich as usual?
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Apr 03, 2011
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by oyewolejos(m): 9:30pm On Apr 03, 2011
agabaI23:

Do you have any proof of the highlighted because it is a clear example what I have been saying. He has no room for democracy. Show me an evidence please poster grin
I did not even know he wanted to appoint the chairman and VP in the alliance. . . . is that true also or a fabrication? I don't like fabricating a lies against the elderly. I was taught to respect my elders grin

After a series of political bickering and high profile politicking, the presidential candidate of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), in the 2003 and 2007 presidential elections, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (Rtd) yesterday finally dumped the party when he withdrew his membership.

In a letter addressed to the National Secretary of the party, made available to LEADERSHIP, Buhari said he took the position as a result of some fundamental and irreconcilable ideological differences between him and the party leadership, which made a vast majority of the party membership to be on the sideline.

According to Buhari, he joined the ANPP in the first place, as a result of his discovery of the threat to Nigeria's democracy as posed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), adding that, he had wanted to make his modest input towards the development and sustenance of democracy in the country.

He regretted that he had to leave the party from which he had received and enjoyed tremendous love and support from many members and thanked it for giving him the chance to fly its flag twice.

"This decision has been taken in the greater interest of our fatherland. It is my desire that I and my friends and supporters in the ANPP will continue to share that same love and friendship," Buhari stated.

Reacting to the exit of Buhari, the National Publicity Secretary of the ANPP, Mr. Emma Eneuku said though Buhari's departure would give other people a chance, the party had lost a national leader.

"Though the party had to appease other aspirants to the presidency in the past for always giving Buhari its ticket, the news of his departure was not cheering," he said.

He added Buhari's departure from ANPP could mark the arrival of other people, as parties are formed for people to realise their ambitions.

Already, speculations are rife that Buhari would join the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) one of the three political parties registered towards the end of last year. But, a frontline supporter of Buhari, Engineer Buba Galadima, while reacting to the development, said, they were yet to make up their minds on where to go, but admitted that would be made known very soon.

When contacted, the National Chairman of CPC, Senator Rufa'i Sani Hanga, told LEADERSHIP that, though Buhari had not declared for their party, they fervently hoped he would do so. "Buhari has been patient enough to have stayed in the ANPP this long, so, he has done the right thing by quitting now. He should come to CPC, because it is the only ideological party in the country," he said.

Also reacting to Buhari's exit from ANPP, one time presidential candidate of the party, Alhaji Bashir Othman Tofa, described the move as welcome news. In a statement made available to our correspondent in Kano , Tofa said it was a good news "to all genuine ANPP members and other democrats across the country."
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by aletheia(m): 9:33pm On Apr 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Try this
http://www.leadershipeditors.com/ns/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26505:no-deal-with-ibb-buhari&catid=51:cover-stories&Itemid=101
^Smoke and mirrors. grin
Actions speak louder: http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201103075292195
An accomodation has been reached by the two surviving members of the coup-plotting triumvir of Buhari, Babangida and Abacha.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Apr 03, 2011
As expected . . . moving on now . . . .

@oyewolejos

Kobojunkie:

Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by aletheia(m): 9:35pm On Apr 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^Afraid catch you? grin
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by oyewolejos(m): 9:36pm On Apr 03, 2011
This is another one that he is not a party man

T[b]he situation worsened with the decision of the party to join Yar’Adua’s Government of National Unity, despite its position that the 2007 poll was the biggest electoral fraud ever recorded in the country.

Since then, Buhari had never attended any of the party’s meetings, just as he rebuffed all overtures by the party for a reconciliation.

However, it is not clear which party he will join; but he has been networking with other “progressives” to form a ‘mega party’ before the 2011 elections to challenge the Peoples Democratic Party.
[/b]

Below is a statement from Mega party

AGOS, Sept 01, (THEWILL) - Former Military Head of State, General Muhammad Buhari and ex-Speaker of the House of Representatives, Alhaji Aminu Masari were today asked to stop parading themselves as apostles of the Mega Party.

This call was contained in a statement issued by the Mega Progressive Peoples Party (MPPP¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬), stating that Buhari, Masari and their party, Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) "are trespassing and impersonating the nomenclature and the slogan of the Mega Party".

The statement, titled Mega Party Disclaim Masari and Buhari’s View on its Future Prospect and signed by MPPP Chairman, Hon. Rasheed Adewale Shitta-Bey, said the claim of the two leaders was unfounded.

It stated that the conception of the Mega Party started two years ago by such notable, leaders as Chief Anthony Enahoro, Alhaji Lateef Jakande, Alhaji Balarabe Musa, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, Hon Chief Rasheed Adewale Shitta-Bey, and Mr. Femi Falana among others.

The statement said: "T[b]he likes of Buhari and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar merely joined later. The trio of Buhari, Atiku and Bafarawa almost scuttled the Mega project when they suddenly connived and formed National Democratic Movement (NDM) in October 2009.

"They operated the NDM as a parallel and rival body to MSM. Various concepts, noble ideas, proposals, constitution, manifesto, strategies and programmes of the MSM were used to run the NDM.

"The confusion caused by the formation of NDM which led to the exit of Buhari, Atiku and Bafarawa from the Mega Summit Movement almost drew Mega Party into comatose. Many Nigerians were aware of this development. They were then pretending to be genuine progressives in the MSM.

"Buhari was then surreptitiously registering his CPC underground while Atiku on his part kept one leg in MSM and one leg in PDP. These actions slow paced the registration and the transformation of MSM into a full fledge registered Mega Party. However, Mega Summit Movement (MSM) continued to be focused and gave birth to Mega Progressive Peoples Party.
[/b]
"Masari, his cohorts and other groups in political deceptions must stop misleading the general public and teeming members of the Mega Party. They are therefore educated through this medium that the only Mega was duly registered as a political party on May 26, 2010," the statement said.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by oyewolejos(m): 9:40pm On Apr 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@oyewolejos

Yeah am moving on but a guy asked for links thats why i provided him an evidence
I dont care whatever he has done cos am more focused on the future and see what it holds for Nigerians
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Apr 03, 2011
oyewolejos:

Yeah am moving on but a guy asked for links thats why i provided him an evidence
I dont care whatever he has done cos am more focused on the future and see what it holds for Nigerians

Ok. I just never really got on the Ribadu bandwagon from the start and his actions after returning to Nigeria more than helped me realize we need someone who can clear the path -- remove the PDP NOW, as we work to get people more involved then ever in the workings of their government.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by oyewolejos(m): 9:53pm On Apr 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

But this happens to be the very problem with what Ribadu is offering us now. Change Backed by the same old c[b]orrupt leaders we are desperately trying to get away from!! [/b]
Precisely and this is exactly what Ribadu is not offering us  . . . No[b] principled man will come with backing from the likes of Tinubu[/b] or IBB. I initially brushed off the IBB connection until I actually read that Ribadu did go to him. What in the world was that for?

I don't believe in beer parlour rumour. Anytime anybody brings allegation of corruption against anybody i always ask them to produce evidence.
If the Govt has any case against Tinubu i think he will be in Jail right now as other Former Governors who have cases to answer.
I know u are a smart lady and u also want the best for your Fatherland but don't let us peddle rumours or half-truth as truth.
Anybody with evidence against Tinubu should walk into a court and ask for an order of mandamus for EFCC to prosecute him.
Am also not saying he his a saint but the burden of proof is on anybody who believe he his corrupt to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that he his corrupt as claimed.
Rumours don't fly in court but evidence do
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by oyewolejos(m): 9:58pm On Apr 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Ok. I just never really got on the Ribadu bandwagon from the start and his actions after returning to Nigeria more than helped me realize we need someone who can clear the path -- remove the PDP NOW, as we work to get people more involved then ever in the workings of their government.
That's our ultimate goal. I wanted to come to Nigeria to be part of the change but due to logistics reason i couldn't make it but am with u guys in body,mind and soul.
And hopefully in May we shall sing a new song.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 10:07pm On Apr 03, 2011
oyewolejos:

I don't believe in beer parlour rumour. Anytime anybody brings allegation of corruption against anybody i always ask them to produce evidence.

I am sorry but there is nothing beer parlour about that. Ribadu himself declared Tinubu one of the most individuals when he was an official of a law enforcement office of the government/state, on more than one occassion. He backtracked only recently, and we are not certain, to this day why. Even at that, since the statement was made officially, he, Ribadu, would have to withdraw that statement officially but he has yet to do that.

oyewolejos:

If the Govt has any case against Tinubu i think he will be in Jail right now as other Former Governors who have cases to answer.
I know u are a smart lady and u also want the best for your Fatherland but don't let us peddle rumours or half-truth as truth.

This is not about half-truths but about what we know as facts and what someone now claims . . . It's sort of like Ribadu's statement on Patience Jonathan . . . He has said she is no longer but officially, the case was filed and investigations available to show that she was indeed fingered. His denial this now does not remove the fact of what he declared as an official.

Even remember the Halliburton cases? Yes, people like Obasanjo, IBB were fingered by the American investigators/courts. This information was sent over to us and announced. But today, these men walk freely -- does not seem our Government is even willing to pursue the cases against these men. Does that then mean there is no case? Ofcourse not. Simple means our Government chooses yet again to turn a blind eye to justice for the Nigerian people.

oyewolejos:

Anybody with evidence against Tinubu should walk into a court and ask for an order of mandamus for EFCC to prosecute him.
Am also not saying he his a saint but the burden of proof is on anybody who believe he his corrupt to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that he his corrupt as claimed.
Rumours don't fly in court but evidence do

The evidence is really out there . . .unfortunately we the Nigerian people do not even have access to Ribadu's own records as EFCC chairman to demand he give us a better reason as to why he decided to retract his statement only now that he has selected Tinubu as his backer.

Denying it will not help your side of this please . . . it is better you accept what is . . . . and then tell us it does not matter to you. Denying it makes you appear as many of the others who today make excuses for why PDP should continue pretending now that this same PDP that tortured and stole from a nation 12 consecutive years are now born agains today and so it all should no longer matter.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by akinolasam: 10:28pm On Apr 03, 2011
It seems most of the people praising any of the SELFISH leaders this country ever had do not reside in Naija.

If you do, CAN YOU TELL US HOW MUCH IS A LITRE OF KEROSINE IN YOUR AREA.
Lets take the argument from there.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by agabaI23(m): 10:29pm On Apr 03, 2011
Ribadu's comment
“I won’t bother myself with the integrity of politicians that will fund my campaign. I will take corrupt politicians money for my campaign as far as the money is not put in my pocket.”

Source : http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/anti-corruption-buhari-ribadu-hypocritical-says-jonathan%E2%80%99s-presidential-campaign
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by oyewolejos(m): 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry but there is nothing beer parlour about that. Ribadu himself declared Tinubu one of the most individuals when he was an official of a law enforcement office of the government/state, on more than one occassion. He backtracked only recently, and we are not certain, to this day why. Even at that, since the statement was made officially, he, Ribadu, would have to withdraw that statement officially but he has yet to do that.

This is not about half-truths but about what we know as facts and what someone now claims . . . It's sort of like Ribadu's statement on Patience Jonathan . . . He has said she is no longer but officially, the case was filed and investigations available to show that she was indeed manipulated. His denial this now does not remove the fact of what he declared as an official.

Even remember the Halliburton cases? Yes, people like Obasanjo, IBB were manipulated by the American investigators/courts. This information was sent over to us and announced. But today, these men walk freely -- does not seem our Government is even willing to pursue the cases against these men. Does that then mean there is no case? Ofcourse not. Simple means our Government chooses yet again to turn a blind eye to justice for the Nigerian people.
The evidence is really out there . . .unfortunately we the Nigerian people do not even have access to Ribadu's own records as EFCC chairman to demand he give us a better reason as to why he decided to retract his statement only now that he has selected Tinubu as his backer.  

Denying it will not help your side of this please . . . it is better you accept what is . . . . and then tell us it does not matter to you. Denying it makes you appear as many of the others who today make excuses for why PDP should continue pretending now that this same PDP that tortured and stole from a nation 12 consecutive years are now born agains today and so it all should no longer matter.

Am not familiar with the President wife case so i won't comment on that. On the Tinubu case he said  his case has international dimension cos of the Chicago forfeiture of Tinubu funds in 1993 cos of a drug related case but u and i know that if Tinubu really has a case the DEA and FBI will be on his neck like that of Ibori.
Tinubu do travel around the world and he hasn't been questioned about any corruption case in any country yet.
But i will be looking forward to a day he will be arrested and prosecuted not persecuted lol
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by agabaI23(m): 10:33pm On Apr 03, 2011
N140 as at yesterday  grin
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 10:38pm On Apr 03, 2011
oyewolejos:

Am not familiar with the President wife case so i won't comment on that. On the Tinubu case he said  his case has international dimension cos of the Chicago forfeiture of Tinubu funds in 1993 cos of a drug related case but u and i know that if Tinubu really has a case the DEA and FBI will be on his neck like that of Ibori.
Tinubu do travel around the world and he hasn't been questioned about any corruption case in any country yet.
But i will be looking forward to a day he will be arrested and prosecuted not persecuted lol

Nah!!! Well, the DEA and FBI do take there times when dealing with international issues . . . I mean the recent case with the Nigerian gal in Texas who escaped back to Nigeria would have turned into years of back and forths if the gal had not decided on her own to give up and face the courts.

The Obasanjo, IBB Halliburton case is another example of how even the FBI and DEA cannot always get it done just like that. My point is we have Ribadu on record proclaiming IBB and then Tinubu as corrupt leaders . . . his about turn, after all those years, is cause to question his integrity even more. If he had not seen the evidence back during his EFCC years, why then did he as an officer of his capacity then, make such statements? We want to know!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by oyewolejos(m): 10:38pm On Apr 03, 2011
akinolasam:

It seems most of the people praising any of the SELFISH leaders this country ever had do not reside in Naija.

If you do, CAN YOU TELL US HOW MUCH IS A LITRE OF KEROSINE IN YOUR AREA.
Lets take the argument from there.

$4 a gallon. Gas is not a Nigerian problem but it shouldn't have affected us if we don't import Petroleum product.
Our refinery have been sold by the PDP Govt. Those are the wrong we have to correct with our wise votes this April
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 10:43pm On Apr 03, 2011
oyewolejos:

$4 a gallon. Gas is not a Nigerian problem but it shouldn't have affected us if we don't import Petroleum product.
Our refinery have been sold by the PDP Govt. Those are the wrong we have to correct with our wise votes this April

How can a litre of Kerosene cost $4 in your area?
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by oyewolejos(m): 10:45pm On Apr 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Nah!!! Well, the DEA and FBI do take there times when dealing with international issues  .  . .  I mean the recent case with the Nigerian gal in Texas who escaped back to Nigeria would have turned into years of back and forths if the gal had not decided on her  own to give up and face the courts.

The Obasanjo, IBB Halliburton case is another example of how even the FBI and DEA cannot always get it done just like that. My point is we have Ribadu on record proclaiming IBB and then Tinubu as corrupt leaders . . . his about turn, after all those years, is cause to question his integrity even more. If he had not seen the evidence back during his EFCC years, why then did he as an officer of his capacity then, make such statements? We want to know!

Thats true though but there should be a fora to ask questions on his campaign website where u can ask questions. Am not a blind supporter of Ribadu but i personally believe he his better than the rest gunning for the seat.
All i care about is that the best man should emerge.
And i didn't even know that the Texas day care owner turned herself in. US Marshals are just fooling us that they arrested her in PH.
Thats good of u or letting us know tho
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by oyewolejos(m): 10:47pm On Apr 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

How can a litre of Kerosene cost $4 in your area?
Oh sorry i mean a gallon of Gas.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 10:50pm On Apr 03, 2011
oyewolejos:

Thats true though but there should be a fora to ask questions on his campaign website where u can ask questions. Am not a blind supporter of Ribadu but i personally believe he his better than the rest gunning for the seat.
All i care about is that the best man should emerge.
And i didn't even know that the Texas day care owner turned herself in. US Marshals are just fooling us that they arrested her in PH.
Thats good of u or letting us know tho

He was asked the question during the NN24 Presidential Debate, but he didn't provide an answer --- instead he instead said he was more focused on the elections and went on to plug in some good words for Tinubu.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by oyewolejos(m): 10:57pm On Apr 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

He was asked the question during the NN24 Presidential Debate, but he didn't provide an answer --- instead he instead said he was more focused on the elections and went on to plug in s[b]ome good words for Tinubu.
[/b]

Your only problem with Ribadu is because of his relationship with Tinubu right?
But i believe their relationship is just political. He was allowed to select his Vice without any interference from any quarters so i believe he have his own mind unlike some people shocked shocked shocked
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On Apr 03, 2011
oyewolejos:

[/b]
Your only problem with Ribadu is because of his relationship with Tinubu right?
But i believe their relationship is just political. He was allowed to select his Vice without any interference from any quarters so i believe he have his own mind unlike some people shocked shocked shocked

Initially we were sold the idea that Ribadu would be a departure from the norm, right? But now we realize that he is being sold to us by some of the same old GodFathers we are trying to run from. So we then we try to find other reasons to buy into the Ribadu idea. Problem is he is one of the least qualified candidates -- has no real solide records serving as a public official(outside of when he was EFCC chief under Obasanjo -- another Godfather) when compared to some of the others.

I don't know who his vice is . . . I mean I know his name and have read of his personal business history but that does not convince me he will work well in the public sector, especially in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by oyewolejos(m): 11:25pm On Apr 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Initially we were sold the idea that Ribadu would be a departure from the norm, right? But now we realize that he is being sold to us by some of the same old GodFathers we are trying to run from. So we then we try to find other reasons to buy into the Ribadu idea. Problem is he is one of the least qualified candidates -- has no real solide records serving as a public official(outside of when he was EFCC chief under Obasanjo -- another Godfather) when compared to some of the others.

I don't know who his vice is . . . I mean I know his name and have read of his personal business history but that does not convince me he will work well in the public sector, especially in Nigeria.

Well in your mind.
Not in the mind of millions of his followers who will vote come April 16th.
I really can't wait for the reult of that election from there we know who is qualified or not.
If the election is free and fair which i doubt the result will tell who is on ground and who is not.
If the election isn't fair then we will know if the General will come out again in 2015.
Only time will tell
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by doja(m): 11:34pm On Apr 03, 2011
^^^
Thank you my brother.

Contrary to what people would like us to believe, Ribadu is a man we can trust.People who do not want him seem to keep talking about Tinubu but the truth is that Tinubu has been out of office for about 4 years and nobody has been able to dig out anything to nail him that should confirm what you said earlier about  beer palour political discusions.

This man is one of the founding fathers of the ACN, he assembles talented and progressive men to lead . He is not afraid of them or of giving them a platform to lead. It is instructive that all the Governors of the ACN are performing well i.e Fashola, Oshiomhole , Aregbesola and Fayemi. Ribadu has consistently insisted he did not go to the ACN because of Tinubu . Rather he went there because of Fashola , Oshiomhole and the many progressive men gathered under the umbrella of the Party. To any fair minded adult, that is a very reasonable explanation. In other words , Ribadu is saying why do folks , if they are not mischievous and routinely negative, only see and highlight Tinubu when the ACN is mentioned ? How about the exemplary performers and progressives in the ACN to include the best performing Governor in Nigeria many Nigerians now tout as a future President ? In any case , has Ribadu gone to the ACN to begin dancing to Tinubu's tune? Did Ribadu not insist on merit with Okonjo-Iweala as his VP  ? Did tinubu not give in to the extent that the offer was eventually made to Okonjo-Iweala after which she turned it down?  Ribadu is in the ACN and anyone who is fair will see he made the right choice because , from all indications , the ACN will be the natural home of progressive politics and progressive minds. If Tinubu is intent on control then it serves his purpose better to seek crude 'tools' like Alao-Akala instead of men and women with their own resolute minds and ideas.

Please join us, spread the news by sending free sms to your friends about the campaign here

http://www.thetimeisnownigeria.com/campaigns/sms_self/new

Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 11:39pm On Apr 03, 2011
oyewolejos:

Well in your mind.
Not in the mind of millions of his followers who will vote come April 16th.

No, I don't think this one is in my mind! Ribadu has no Government experience  . . . he served as EFCC Chairman and that is not same as leading a state or nation.
oyewolejos:

I really can't wait for the reult of that election from there we know who is qualified or not.
The results of the election itself will not speak on his qualification at all. It will simply speak of what choice the people are willing to make at this point. Ribadu, if he wins
will only then show us if he has what it takes.
oyewolejos:

If the election is free and fair which i doubt the result will tell who is on ground and who is not.
If the election isn't fair then we will know if the General will come out again in 2015.
Only time will tell
Well, lets see what happens!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by doja(m): 11:43pm On Apr 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

and you think Buhari's vice can do better? what is a Bakare bringing to the table?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Threatens Total Okada Ban / Fulani Funmakers Escape Lynching In Enugu After Their Monkey Swallows N200,000 / MASSOB Demonstration: 10 Killed, 5 Injured, 4 Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.