Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,411 members, 7,917,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 10:01 PM

. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (5005 Views)

23 Year Old Man Caught Romancing 38 Year Old Woman With Three Kids / Can You Date A 16 Year Old Girl? / 16 year old Friend of My Brother Asking Me Out (I'm 21) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by namfav(m): 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2011
francisj:

This is really bad, but it happening well in 9ja .
chechout northern nigeria,it like a culture,in fact girl much
younger(14-15yrs)than dat are dating guy other than that(23-32yrs).

a girl as young as 12 has reached puberty, so there is technically nothing wrong for her to be with someone 23 or 32, use your brain
Re: . by SALady(f): 1:46pm On Apr 05, 2011
There's nothing wrong with the 7 year age gap if both of them are in their twenties. Not when the other is still a teen, hell NO!!!!
Re: . by klear(f): 2:30pm On Apr 05, 2011
A 16yr old girl & a 23yr old guy? doin wat exactly? sad, y nt f/ship & nt r/ship? wat is it dat she is soo eager 2 see dat she cant face her studies, enjoy her youth, learn 4rm life & allow it 2 bestow maturity on her? wat maturity is a 16yr old who is yet 2 grow up know abt? D age diff is notin bt d age in ques is not acceptable, he shd tank God d girl is nt my sis angry angry angry angry
Re: . by Kgdavid(m): 2:37pm On Apr 05, 2011
hey kandiikane nakam!  smiley  its a little funny the way we human beings look at things. a 16 year old is no child and fully understands the consequences of her sexual actions so its purely her business. not that i support fornication but i dont think its a matter for public debate. its a non issue really.
Re: . by kandiikane(m): 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

@OP: Now that she is 18, I see nothing wrong with it but at 16, she was legally a minor. If the guy really cared about the girl and their relationship, then I think he should have waited till she was legally of age to go further with things. It reminds me of a Cuban guy I met when I was 15. I really like the guy and he liked me as well and although I felt that I was mature for my age, I knew that the 4 year age difference wouldn't go over well with my family so I ended things. Now that I'm in my early 20's, I don't feel bad about it.

The country she is living in the legal age to date any age and to marry is 16 so technically she was not a minor

Kgdavid:

hey kandiikane nakam!  smiley  its a little funny the way we human beings look at things. a 16 year old is no child and fully understands the consequences of her sexual actions so its purely her business. not that i support fornication but i dont think its a matter for public debate. its a non issue really.

Maangi fi, Yow nak? smiley, Nice point
Re: . by ektbear: 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2011
namfav:

a girl as young as 12 has reached puberty, so there is technically nothing wrong for her to be with someone 23 or 32, use your brain

Err. What? lipsrsealed
Re: . by kandiikane(m): 6:54pm On Apr 05, 2011
lol ekt_bear,
well it is true though because the reason why puberty is at the age means that they are physically ready but just waiting for mental maturity, I think 12 is young but Who Im I to say anything I did not make man God did grin
Re: . by ektbear: 7:06pm On Apr 05, 2011
^-- I bet once you have a daughter, if she tells you that she is "physically ready" (at age 12), you will give her a dirty slap and tell her to focus on school grin
Re: . by namfav(m): 7:16pm On Apr 05, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- I bet once you have a daughter, if she tells you that she is "physically ready" (at age 12), you will give her a dirty slap and tell her to focus on school grin

marriage is fine, but messing around shocked
Re: . by ektbear: 7:20pm On Apr 05, 2011
^-- 12 is way too young to get married though. What about college? Growing up, enjoying your teenage years without obligations?

If I have daughters, earliest I'd permit 'em to marry is like after college. So 21, 22.
Re: . by namfav(m): 7:28pm On Apr 05, 2011
when you send your daguthers to college you don't know what they are doing, they may even have sugar daddies but one thing for certain they are having sex lol, so why not just allow them to marry and have a sense of responsibility, god rewards those that take responsiblity
Re: . by InkedNerd(f): 7:38pm On Apr 05, 2011
kandiikane:

The country she is living in the legal age to date any age and to marry is 16 so technically  she was not a minor

Hmmm, well in some states here in the US its legal to date and marry at 16 undecided

Well I guess if its within the law and her parents approve, then its ok.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 05, 2011
They have law against dating or sleeping with a minor in Nigeria? Just asking

grin grin
Re: . by ektbear: 7:59pm On Apr 05, 2011
namfav:

when you send your daguthers to college you don't know what they are doing, they may even have sugar daddies but one thing for certain they are having sex lol, so why not just allow them to marry and have a sense of responsibility, god rewards those that take responsiblity

I'll hire spies and make sure they don't. Or send 'em to a women's college grin

Actually. . . hopefully I don't have any daughters, so I won't ever have to worry about this issue :] Sons only. . . less wahala
Re: . by kandiikane(m): 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2011
ekt_bear:

Actually. . . hopefully I don't have any daughters, so I won't ever have to worry about this issue :] Sons only. . . less wahala

hahaha so you telling me your sons are allowed to do whatever at that age yeah?
Do i sense sexism here? undecided
namfav:

I could not agree with you more wink
Re: . by ektbear: 8:24pm On Apr 05, 2011
kandiikane:

hahaha so you telling me your sons are allowed to do whatever at that age yeah?
Do i sense sexism here? undecided

I don't want my sons doing whatever at that age. But if they disobey, the consequences are much less worse. If you are a guy and you spent a lot of time in your teens smoking, drinking, f***ing, not really going to ruin your life. You'll mostly turn out OK. But if you are a girl and do those same things. . . from what I've seen, it doesn't really work out  undecided

Do you see sort of see what I'm saying? I hope it doesn't sound sexist. I'm not sexist. . . I just don't want to have a very stressful time when I one day become a parent  tongue I want it to be as smooth as possible.

For me, having a disobedient daughter would cause a lot more anguish than a disobedient son. . . just because I know that the risks are higher.
Re: . by chic2pimp(m): 8:59pm On Apr 05, 2011
ekt_bear:

Sons only ke? . . . Mba ooo they'll be too much Testosterone in the home to deal with. A lil bit of oestrogens in the house will be most welcomed.
Re: . by BABE3: 9:18pm On Apr 05, 2011
Pls I think any age is good to go, so far you are matured enough to know what love really is (relationships, sex and all that). Some people who are 70+ year olds are still struggling to find love, so no big deal. Take for example Larry King, Seven wives and still going strong!   
So I think the young couple is good, I wish them Goodluck! smiley
Re: . by InkedNerd(f): 9:22pm On Apr 05, 2011
BABE!:

Pls I think any age is good to go, so far you are matured enough to know what love really is (relationships, sex and all that). Some people  who are 70+ year olds are still struggling to find love, so no big deal. Take for example Larry King, Seven wives and still going strong!   
So I think the young couple is good, I wish them Goodluck! smiley

Hehehe, does this council? >>> http://kabibi.com/lates-news/latest-news/3589-teacher-marries-grade-six-pupil.html#content grin
Re: . by kandiikane(m): 9:32pm On Apr 05, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Hehehe, does this council? >>> http://kabibi.com/lates-news/latest-news/3589-teacher-marries-grade-six-pupil.html#content grin

In this scenario he lured her with goodies and money and such, such( so Not right) but the girl's family fully consented and so did the village head and I am sure the girl did too, so wahala nuh day now, And when did we even start having this minor and major age thing, Did our forefathers not marry young and lived a long happy married?

"For all we know Mushoriwa could have bought the little girl a lollypop or let her touch his goaty beard to win her heart." <<<LMAOOOOO who writes this stuff
Re: . by BABE3: 9:39pm On Apr 05, 2011
kandiikane:

In this scenario he lured her with goodies and money and such, such( so Not right) but the girl's family fully consented and so did the village head and I am sure the girl did too, so wahala nuh day now, And when did we even start having this minor and major age thing, Did our forefathers not marry young and lived a long happy married?

"For all we know Mushoriwa could have bought the little girl a lollypop or let her touch his goaty beard to win her heart." <<<LMAOOOOO who writes this stuff

Touche! Exactly what I was gonna say to Inky! cheesy
Re: . by Esinwaju: 12:23am On Apr 06, 2011
Wetin some people for hia dey yarn sef? for this world wey don spoil finish na him una yarn say 16yrs old na minor? i laff!
Re: . by Mynd44: 12:34am On Apr 06, 2011
No matter how we sugar coat this, the truth is that he took advantage of her age forget about physical maturity.
Re: . by kandiikane(m): 12:38am On Apr 06, 2011
Mynd_44:

No matter how we sugar coat this, the truth is that he took advantage of her age forget about physical maturity.

How? Please I would like to know?
Re: . by SALady(f): 2:39pm On Apr 06, 2011
Kgdavid:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked A 16 year old is not a child, blah blah blah

May the Good Lawd forgive you, sigh!!!
Re: . by kandiikane(m): 3:19pm On Apr 06, 2011
SA Lady:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked A 16 year old is not a child, blah blah blah

May the Good Lawd forgive you, sigh!!!

I think you should read the bible first about this situation before you bring the 'Good lawd' in because to God once you can produce babies you are not a child anymore,

Comprendre?
Re: . by SALady(f): 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2011
kandiikane:

I think you should read the bible first about this situation before you bring the 'Good lawd' in because to God once you can produce babies you are not a child anymore,

Comprendre?

^^^ In that case lets hold hands in prayer and thank the Good Lawd for blessing me with common sense, which I dont have a problem using as he expects.
Re: . by namfav(m): 3:52pm On Apr 06, 2011
kandiikane:

Comprendre?
certain people will only use the bible when it suits them
Re: . by isalegan2: 8:21pm On Apr 06, 2011
namfav:

when you send your daguthers to college [/b]you don't know what they are doing, they may even have sugar daddies but [b]one thing for certain they are having sex lol, so why not just allow them to marry and have a sense of responsibility, god rewards those that take responsiblity

Utter rubbish!  I don't know you and actually was gonna introduce myself when I saw a post of yourself yours a few minutes ago in another thread.  What you wrote above is utter ignorance and foolishness. If you lack self-discipline, do not assume others are equally weak.
Re: . by ak47mann(m): 10:07pm On Apr 06, 2011
namfav:

O boyy you be pedo shocked shocked shocked shocked abeg namfav name need to be in sex register in caseooooo cool cool cool garri fit pass water lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: . by ak47mann(m): 10:13pm On Apr 06, 2011
girls talking that nothing wrong with age different s grin grin grin i swear GOD bless women for me tongue tongue so even years down the line when Ak reach like 40 yrs even 50 or 60 lipsrsealed lipsrsealed i can still marry age 16 wonderful grin grin
Re: . by HotieTima(f): 11:14pm On Apr 06, 2011
ak47mann:

girls talking that nothing wrong with age different s grin grin grin i swear GOD bless women for me tongue tongue so even years down the line when Ak reach like 40 yrs even 50 or 60 lipsrsealed lipsrsealed i can still marry age 16 wonderful grin grin

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Uncle's Wife Is Cheating On Him. Should I Tell? / Why Do Men See Me And Then Go Behind Me To Stare At My Butt? / When You Make A Mistake With A Girl But Have Plan B(picx)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.