Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,899 members, 7,922,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:31 PM

Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? (25550 Views)

Fayose Better Than Other Nigerian Politician - Photos Speak / Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra / Igbo Women Visit Iara Oshiomole In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 5:34am On Apr 08, 2011
9jaganja:

And I see more Yoruba kids being raised by their Mothers alone here and all in Universities and are international students (3x d tuition), I associate with    Nigerians alot here whether Hausa or Igbo or whatever, most Igbo kids in my school are there courtesy of their fathers and most Yorubas courtesy of their mothers, And My friends in London (Mostly Igbos/Niger Delta tribes) Are all there courtesy of their parents but fathers as bread winners, I seriously don't know what this man is talking about, Most Yoruba guys and girls I've met here are being supported by their moms, So really? This Fani Kayode is talking out his backside,  Wherever you find a Yoruba woman, you'll find an Igbo woman too but financially, I'll give it to Yoruba women all the way. You can call me bias because I'm Yoruba but seriously, I think Yoruba women are more financially endowed than Igbo women though they are on same level academically in proportion to their respective population, And power? The none house hold power women hold in Nigeria isn't enough to even look at it as something to talk about in tribal comparison,

i think they have lower divorce rates than yorubas and fewer single mothers, because in igbo culture those things arent acceptable or condoned.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by ektbear: 5:34am On Apr 08, 2011
tpiah!:

i wonder why so many of you think this is unacceptable or disturbing to anyone anywhere?

am i missing something.

I'm mostly just kidding. Same way white dudes joke about taking away asian women from asian men, black dudes taking away white chicks from white men, etc.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 5:34am On Apr 08, 2011
^^do they?
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by EzeUche(m): 5:35am On Apr 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

I'm mostly just kidding. Same way white dudes joke about taking away asian women from asian men, black dudes taking away white chicks from white men, etc.

But you do know in Naija, Yoruba men complain about Igbo men taking their women. Especially the older men.  grin
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 5:35am On Apr 08, 2011
^no they dont.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by EzeUche(m): 5:36am On Apr 08, 2011
tpiah!:

i think they have lower divorce rates than yorubas and fewer single mothers, because in igbo culture those things arent acceptable or condoned.

That is very true. Divorce in Igboland is an abomination! If a couple get a divorce, this is something that is totally unacceptable and it carries a bad stigma.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by EzeUche(m): 5:37am On Apr 08, 2011
tpiah!:

^no they dont.

Lies! I have dated enough Yoruba women to know the hostility towards Igbo men. Igbo men do not really care.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by ektbear: 5:37am On Apr 08, 2011
tpiah!:

^^do they?
Hrm, yes. I don't have the statistics handy, but you can probably Google around and find them yourself. Asian women tend to marry white guys at a high rate. Asian guys don't seem to get white girls much.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 5:40am On Apr 08, 2011
^^i meant the way you phrased it:

Same way white dudes joke about taking away asian women from asian men, black dudes taking away white chicks from white men, etc
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by fstranger3(m): 5:41am On Apr 08, 2011
EzeUche:

Lies! I have dated enough Yoruba women to know the hostility towards Igbo men. Igbo men do not really care.

You are such a friggin liar

You are just 23 yrs old?  When did you start dating? and how many girls, not women, have you dated?

You claim that there are more Igbos in America and very few Yorubas, yet you are boasting to have dated enough Yorubas?

Must you Ibos lie? For d-i-c-k's sake?

You are really immature, I must confess, and very stupiddd, I must add. :::SMH:::
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by ektbear: 5:45am On Apr 08, 2011
fstranger3:

You are just 23 yrs old?  When did you start dating? and how many girls, not women, have you dated?

You claim that there are more Igbos in America and very few Yorubas, yet you are boasting to have dated enough Yorubas?

You are really immature, I must confess, and very stupiddd, I must add. :::SMH:::

He lives in the DC area. Most of the Nigerians there are Yoruba. School he goes to, most of the Nigerians there are Yoruba. So seems reasonable he'd end up dating 'em.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 5:45am On Apr 08, 2011
Igbos have been moving to that area at a very high rate, so there are also a lot of Igbos there.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by EzeUche(m): 5:47am On Apr 08, 2011
fstranger3:

It must make you angry to know that I like Yoruba women and they like me. Everything is ok.

Fortunately or unfortunately, the DC metropolitan area has plenty of Yoruba. It seems like a Yoruba mecca. Unlike Houston and Atlanta, the Yoruba population in DC vastly outnumber Igbos.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by ektbear: 5:47am On Apr 08, 2011
tpiah!:

^^i meant the way you phrased it:

Me and my buddies joke about that type of stuff. I dunno if other groups of mixed-race friends (white, black, asian, indians) do the same too, though.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 6:04am On Apr 08, 2011
cool.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by henry101(m): 6:07am On Apr 08, 2011
9jaganja:

[b]And I see more Yoruba kids being raised by their Mothers alone here and all in Universities and are international students (3x d tuition), I associate with Nigerians alot here whether Hausa or Igbo or whatever, most Igbo kids in my school are there courtesy of their fathers and most Yorubas courtesy of their mothers, And My friends in London (Mostly Igbos/Niger Delta tribes) Are all there courtesy of their parents but fathers as bread winners, I seriously don't know what this man is talking about, Most Yoruba guys and girls I've met here are being supported by their moms, So really? This Fani Kayode is talking out his backside, Wherever you find a Yoruba woman, you'll find an Igbo woman too but financially, I'll give it to Yoruba women all the way. You can call me bias because I'm Yoruba but seriously, I think Yoruba women are more financially endowed than Igbo women though they are on same level academically in proportion to their respective population, And power? The none house hold power women hold in Nigeria isn't enough to even look at it as something to talk about in tribal comparison,[/b]
Mehn negro shut da ef up! And where will you put Those women in Kenya? You really like tribal praise don't you? if Fani Kayode had said Igbo women are gold diggers going by the generally accepted false stereotype? Dude pull your backside out, Even Hausa women are competing with both Yoruba and Igbo women academically, Don't be blinded by tribal ignorance, i know lots of hausa girls here in the USA who are students too some doing PHD but since they are christian converts, they don't have Mohamed as surnames and you naughty heads assume they aren't Hausa, Nigerian women are powerful and educated simple, I don't see any beating the other in future really,

You are not making any sense. Trash.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by ektbear: 6:10am On Apr 08, 2011
Literacy rates for the SE:

Literacy rates for the SW:
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by fstranger3(m): 6:11am On Apr 08, 2011
^^^

I dont believe the numbers fro Ogun
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by ektbear: 6:12am On Apr 08, 2011
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

Links:
http://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/PNADQ923.pdf
http://www.unicef.org/nigeria/ng_publications_South_West_zonal_fact_sheet_(English).pdf
http://www.unicef.org/nigeria/ng_publications_South_East_zonal_fact_sheet_(English).pdf

Also, what is up with Ebonyi?

Forget about Ebonyi. I think it is South East's equivalent of Boko haram.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 6:15am On Apr 08, 2011
In all truth, I believe Ekiti stats for the females should be a lil higher than that.
It is impossible, money is the only hindrance, that stops an Ekiti woman from going to school.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

In all truth, I believe Ekiti stats for the females should be a lil higher than that.
It is impossible, money is the only hindrance, that stops an Ekiti woman from going to school.

Agreed. It is most likely higher.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 6:17am On Apr 08, 2011
as far as i know, outside of engineering and maybe medicine and architecture, women make up the bulk of nigerian students. Especially in the southwest.

i could be wrong however.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by EzeUche(m): 6:18am On Apr 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

Links:
http://www.unicef.org/nigeria/ng_publications_South_West_zonal_fact_sheet_(English).pdf
http://www.unicef.org/nigeria/ng_publications_South_East_zonal_fact_sheet_(English).pdf

Ebonyi state has always been the laggard of the South-East states. But it still remains crucial, because Ebonyi is blessed with very fertile soil.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by EzeUche(m): 6:18am On Apr 08, 2011
Either way, Igbo women still have the highest literacy rates amongst all females in Nigeria. God bless them. cool
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by ektbear: 6:18am On Apr 08, 2011
Ekiti will improve on most of these metrics. . . Fayemi knows what he is doing.

Kwara and Kogi need to step it up quite a bit:
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by henry101(m): 6:21am On Apr 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

Links:

The literacy level in ebonyi have always been low. I think they prefer farming. (Maybe), undecided undecided undecided
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by fstranger3(m): 6:22am On Apr 08, 2011
EzeUche:

Either way, Igbo women still have the highest literacy rates amongst all females in Nigeria. God bless them.  cool

Your critical thinking skill is in the negative, not even zero

How valid is the data, reliability, did you even check for the SEM, and whats the difference btw 80 and 81, and what is the statistical power. You dont think, you open your stupidd Igbotic mouth and wonder why no one takes you seriously.

Just STFU and let sensible people contribute.

Ode oshi
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

He needs to take away the corruption in the education sector, upgrade our curriculum/ technologies etc.

Does anyone know the close estimation of Ekiti people in Lagos? Maybe that's what helped their numbers grin Ekiti Doctors are the most high paid doctor in lagos (fact, I made a thread about that a while ago), so I'm sure they contribute a lot to Lagos' population/academic statistics.

Ogun's # has got to be a joke.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 08, 2011
it's quite possible igbos might have more female engineers than the southwest.

though once again, i'm not sure.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by ektbear: 6:24am On Apr 08, 2011
I don't want to post the NW and NE ones, they are just frightening. Minus Kaduna, which seems to be doing OK.

Enjoy SS:

http://www.unicef.org/nigeria/ng_publications_South_South_zonal_fact_sheet_(English).pdf
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by fstranger3(m): 6:25am On Apr 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

I wish we could separate the Yorubas from the Hausas in Kwara?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

The Many Times Elzakzaky Has Been Detained By Nigerian Government / Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari / Zamfara: ‘gunmen Kill Cattle Dealer For Refusing To Buy Stolen Cows’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.