Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,677 members, 7,951,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 04:47 AM

Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? (25708 Views)

Fayose Better Than Other Nigerian Politician - Photos Speak / Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra / Igbo Women Visit Iara Oshiomole In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by namfav(m): 5:44pm On Apr 09, 2011
i have read about biafra but it was too one sided, i hate seeing people being so humiliated

and lol, if boko haram education is timbuktu or al azhar education than i am proud it is actually a great honour, it is funny that no igbo woman has achieved what nana has achieved yet you are talking about her not being important when she is being spoken in conferences worldwide while no igbo woman has reached that feat

Justcash:

Oh, you don't want to read about Biafra, but you want me to read about Allah, and his daughter who advocated for a Boko Haram type of education? Anuofia!
You call a woman that wrote about ottoman empire's bloody conquests a heroine, when She dint even fight or tell Ottoman and his blood suckers to stop killing and forcing captured women to be their slaves and wives. I bet queen Amina should be worshipped by you. The numb nature of your brain will change nothing though.
Nana Asama'u is popular my backside. I wonder why I just heard of her even though I mix with Muslims well.

how did she shave off the billions of debt, was she a multi billionaire, she did not get the position because she created it for herself, there was a vacancy, guess who gives those positions? and i am not forcing you to recognize anyone here, i am just giving you a name, surely if igbo women are so great you can give me a figure of atleast 150 years who is respected, just as i can go and show female figures from asia, europe, america of more than 100 years why are you giving me only females from now, is your history that recent?
Onlytruth:

@namfav

Dude where did I say anything about education?
Have you been smoking hashish again? Please reread my post. undecided

As for your other reasons for not recognizing modern Nigerian women achievers, well, it is unfortunate, isn't it?

You typically capture why Nigeria will never be one, because, there is no way you can convince me that a 19th century Islamic author is more relevant to Nigeria than a 21st century technocrat who shaved billions off Nigeria's debt.

Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by namfav(m): 5:46pm On Apr 09, 2011
tpiah!:

are you forgetting usman dan fodio?

the statement was too general.

you are too sharp for these people o
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by AljUche: 5:46pm On Apr 09, 2011
tpiah!:

are you forgetting usman dan fodio?

the statement was too general.

thank you kiss

onlylies has started again

he is anti- northern

he hates northerners and yorubas but especially northerners

i really do not know why he hates us so much with a passion undecided

and yet we try to show love to all ethnic groups
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Onlytruth(m): 5:47pm On Apr 09, 2011
@tpiah

I was referring to Asmau if you had followed the conversation, you would have understood me.

My point is that a 19th century author who thrived even before Nigeria was formed, cannot be more relevant to Nigeria than 21st century amazons who are impacting lives even today. Simple.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by jason123: 5:51pm On Apr 09, 2011
You guys are still at this?
@ Londoner,
NO ONE is envious of the Igbo woman's "achievements". What ever she does, well, good for her, igbos and Nigeria. The only difference, I believe, between the Igbo woman and women in other ethnic groups is, they announce too much. This is a very unbiased assessment. But all in all, igbo women have tried! Kudos!!!

@ Onlytruth,
You must always play the ethnic card. What is wrong with your head? Must everything be Igbo best, Biafra etc? You are very emotional in discussions and very bigoted, even to the pits of hell itself!!!

@Navfam,
you have to acknowledge them. Although, they want to make it seem like they are the best. If that's the case, then they are the best. Just stop arguing because you will never win.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Onlytruth(m): 5:55pm On Apr 09, 2011
I am anti- any-group, or individuals-that- wants-Nigeria- to -stay- in- the- 19th century, than join the rest of the modern 21st century world.

In fact I hate such individuals with a venom.  cool

They are the reason millions of Nigerians are suffering today. Any revolution in Nigeria must kill off such individuals before we can progress as one. Else, we must divide. Simple.  cool cool cool
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by EzeUche(m): 5:58pm On Apr 09, 2011
We fight over the same thing day in and day out. The fact remains that we do not like each other.

Even though we are more similar than different. Well I should say they are commonalities amongst the Yoruba, Edo and Igbo since we have a common ancestor. But the fact remains that we dislike each other.

Let us go our separate ways. Igbos, Hausa and Yoruba and we shall take the minorities with us. Let us just agree to divide the minorities then peace shall reign.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by AljUche: 5:58pm On Apr 09, 2011
Onlytruth:

I am anti- any-any-group, or individuals-that- wants-Nigeria- to -stay- in- the- 19th century, than join the rest of the modern 21st century world.

In fact I hate such individuals with a venom.  cool

They are the reason millions of Nigerians are suffering today.[size=14pt] Any revolution in Nigeria must kill off such individuals before we can progress as one. Else, we must divide. Simple[/size].  cool cool cool
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

onlytruth, people like you should never be in the position of power or else you would commit genocide against groups in nigeria

and watch as igbos tower over everyone, isn't it

well this are some of the reasons i am scared of an igbo president because you do not know the ones that hold sure views about nigeria
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 09, 2011
Dede1:

I seriously doubt if you will ever please me in any way or manner.  grin grin grin

Dont I have to WANT to "please" you "in any way or manner" before you "doubt" my ability to "please" you?

Anywaz. . . .
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Onlytruth(m): 6:02pm On Apr 09, 2011
I believe I represent a generation of Igbos who are still debating the viability of Nigeria.
The more we discuss these topics, the more we get to the truth.

@Ezeuche, spot on. cool
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Justcash(m): 6:04pm On Apr 09, 2011
namfav:

i have read about biafra but it was too one sided, i hate seeing people being so humiliated

and lol, if boko haram education is timbuktu or al azhar education than i am proud it is actually a great honour, it is funny that no igbo woman has achieved what nana has achieved yet you are talking about her not being important when she is being spoken in conferences worldwide while no igbo woman has reached that feat

how did she shave off the billions of debt, was she a multi billionaire, she did not get the position because she created it for herself, there was a vacancy, guess who gives those positions? and i am not forcing you to recognize anyone here, i am just giving you a name, surely if igbo women are so great you can give me a figure of atleast 150 years who is respected, just as i can go and show female figures from asia, europe, america of more than 100 years why are you giving me only females from now, is your history that recent?

LOL! Nana my freaking ass. Who dash monkey ba-nana. Sigh. Make I go crash jo because this your Nana nana nana is becoming like Becomerich's pictures. So boring and annoying.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by namfav(m): 6:04pm On Apr 09, 2011
onlylie you have a hidden agenda, go ahead with your revolution lol  cheesy
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by jason123: 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2011
EzeUche:

We fight over the same thing day in and day out. The fact remains that we do not like each other.

Even though we are more similar than different. Well I should say they are commonalities amongst the Yoruba, Edo and Igbo since we have a common ancestor. But the fact remains that [size=14pt]we dislike each other[/size].

Let us go our separate ways. Igbos, Hausa and Yoruba and we shall take the minorities with us. Let us just agree to divide the minorities then peace shall reign.

You got that wrooong!!!
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by fstranger3(m): 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2011
EzeUche:

This post is quite funny.  grin[b] I wont even dignify you with an insult.[/b] It is just sad when a man has to be a cheerleader of another man. That speaks volumes about your character.

Smart idea.
Glad you are learning fast!
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by namfav(m): 6:19pm On Apr 09, 2011
Justcash:

LOL! Nana my freaking backside. Who dash monkey ba-nana. Sigh. Make I go crash jo because this your Nana nana nana is becoming like Becomerich's pictures. So boring and annoying.

you are just angry because she is one of the most influential women in recent history
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Dede1(m): 7:38pm On Apr 09, 2011
If Usman Dan Fodio should be mentioned in a sentence with greatness, then Hitler was a great man too. Usman Dan Fodio was a relic conjured from folktales.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by namfav(m): 7:52pm On Apr 09, 2011
Dede1:

If Usman Dan Fodio should be mentioned in a sentence with greatness, then Hitler was a great man too. Usman Dan Fodio was a relic conjured from folktales.

Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Dede1(m): 7:53pm On Apr 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Dont I have to WANT to "please" you "in any way or manner" before you "doubt" my ability to "please" you?

Anywaz. . . .

Ekiti lady, I must remind you the term, ability, can not be associated with anybody. As for “want” to please, I guess you do not think this is a comic class.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Dede1(m): 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2011
jason123:

You guys are still at this?
@ Londoner,
NO ONE is envious of the Igbo woman's "achievements". What ever she does, well, good for her, igbos and Nigeria. The only difference, I believe, between the Igbo woman and women in other ethnic groups is, they announce too much. This is a very unbiased assessment. But all in all, igbo women have tried! Kudos!!!

@ Onlytruth,
You must always play the ethnic card. What is wrong with your head? Must everything be Igbo best, Biafra etc? You are very emotional in discussions and very bigoted, even to the pits of hell itself!!!

@Navfam,
you have to acknowledge them. Although, they want to make it seem like they are the best. If that's the case, then they are the best. Just stop arguing because you will never win.

Did you read the main article by Femi Fani-Kayode before spewing these illogicalities? There was no instance the author insinuated the Igbo women boastfully announced their achievements. You seem to flip up a sort of intelligence or lack thereof when Igbo is mentioned. If author had presented women of tribes other than Igbo, you would have been blowing your horn of ecstasy.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Dede1(m): 8:22pm On Apr 09, 2011
namfav:

When did marauding and pillaging Jihadist become a focal point of history? In a contemporary gauge of history, Usman Dan Fodio should be tried for crimes against humanity.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by ektbear: 8:34pm On Apr 09, 2011
Warfare and conquest in the 1800s=crimes against humanity?

Comparisons to Hitler?

Will you use that same "contemporary gauge of history" to judge almost every conqueror before 1900 AD?  grin

A bit ridiculous.

The rules are quite different now. Makes no sense to judge a 19th century figure using 20th and 21st century rules.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by namfav(m): 9:07pm On Apr 09, 2011
in fact minutes ago i just read that shaka zulu killed more than 7000 of his people in 1 day after his mother died, what can you say about that then?

before that people commited alot of nasty things, whether its ancient egypt or whatever, what about the igwes that get buried with their servants, or the ritual killings that we have from the days of old, just sayin

dan fodiyo was a great man, under the circumstances he did what he had to do and may god grant him jannah
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Dede1(m): 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2011
ekt_bear:

Warfare and conquest in the 1800s=crimes against humanity?

Comparisons to Hitler?

Will you use that same "contemporary gauge of history" to judge almost every conqueror before 1900 AD? grin

A bit ridiculous.

The rules are quite different now. Makes no sense to judge a 19th century figure using 20th and 21st century rules.

You seem to draw blank on the exigencies of history as humanity. In a historical contention, all aspects of recorded events are open-season.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 09, 2011
Dede1:

Ekiti lady, I must remind you the term, ability, can not be associated with anybody. As for “want” to please, I guess you do not think this is a comic class.

Are you sleep typing again? Can you ever try to make your posts clear?
Comic class ko astronomy class ni. Seriously, I hope you're having a laugh angry
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 09, 2011
Dede1 and his usual gibberish again. The guy no dey rest.
I need to know who pays him and how much he gets paid for this.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Dede1(m): 9:24pm On Apr 09, 2011
namfav:

in fact minutes ago i just read that shaka zulu killed more than 7000 of his people in 1 day after his mother died, what can you say about that then?

before that people commited alot of nasty things, whether its ancient egypt or whatever, what about the igwes that get buried with their servants, or the ritual killings that we have from the days of old, just sayin

dan fodiyo was a great man, under the circumstances he did what he had to do and may god grant him jannah

Did you realize the so-called Nana Asama’u, whom you have favorably quoted as the second best thing Allah created after the slice of bread, rode on the back of a man who was considered a plunderer and sadistic murderer?
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Dede1(m): 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Dede1 and his usual gibberish again. The guy no dey rest.
I need to know who pays him and how much he gets paid for this.

I thought you have gone with a Kenyan.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by ektbear: 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2011
Dede1:

You seem to draw blank on the exigencies of history as humanity. In a historical contention, all aspects of recorded events are open-season.

No amount of grammar is going to save you, your position is inconsistent and wrong.

1) If you are a moral absolutist, then if you condemn Dan Fodio, then you must condemn EVERY conqueror before 1900 AD (unless you are claiming that he is far worse than they. Which is probably demonstrably false.) Otherwise you are being inconsistent.

2) And if you are NOT a moral absolutist, then you have no justification for judging a man from the 19th century on 21st century standards.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 09, 2011
Dede1:

I thought you have gone with a Kenyan.

How relevant is that to my previous post?
Any problem with Kenyans?
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by EzeUche(m): 9:34pm On Apr 09, 2011
Easy on Ileke-Idi. I am trying to bridge the gap amongst our two people and my Igbo brethren are trying to mess things up. Calm down my brothers.

Let me handle her. wink
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by EzeUche(m): 9:35pm On Apr 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

How relevant is that to my previous post?
Any problem with Kenyans?

You have been with Ghanaians, Kenyans and Yorubas but no Igbos.

Let us change this and be with a real man.
Re: Between Igbo, Yoruba And Other Nigerian Women. What Is It With Igbo Women? by Bobajo(m): 9:36pm On Apr 09, 2011
recoome:

@fstranges3: can u ever say the truth? I did not base it on my family members, but on general public, is it not our very own patricia etteh that went 2 disgrace us at the house of reps, when the igbo women were recording landslide achievements? Which of our women can u compare 2 akunyili,okonjo-iweala,suzanne iroche, oby ezekwesili(madam due process)? In our 18 senatorial slots, 17 are male, only iyabo is a female SW senator and she only suceed becos of her fathers clout, whereas the SE has 15 slots and 2(anyanwu & nkecki) are already women, by may it will increase to 4 (akunyili,emordi). Do we have any female SW minister? No, whereas the igbos has njeze(aviation),& maduekwe(petroleum). Have we had any female gov? No, whereas they have had virgy etiaba. So reconsider your stance. BTW, can u enumerate the 'illustrous' achievements of the women in your family, i'm sure they are obama's special advisers & 'VC of harvard'!

When did Diezani Allison-Madueke become an Ibo woman? Abeg nor write wetin u no know. She is a full blooded Ijaw woman. 100% from Bayelsa and the president's kinswoman.  Why do think she was made Minister of Petroleum?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

APC Will Lose 2023 Election If It Disrespects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket / Police Arrests Maryam Abubakar For Supplying Sex workers To Bandits / Aviation: Storm Over Ethnic Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.