Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,835 members, 7,898,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:22 AM

Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out (61080 Views)

Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar / Banks Lose Over N1bn As Hoodlums Wreck ATMs, Branches / FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by BruncleZuma: 11:16am On Mar 01, 2021
grin grin grin grin

Amachree bo eeeh bo eeeh Ama eeh bo eeeh bo eeeh Ama eeeh!!!

[img]https://media1./images/22d9689453caf1cd8e4da60495038966/tenor.gif[/img]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:17am On Mar 01, 2021
Lose N10 billion naira in just one week to collect N480 billion naira from federal government in a day. That foodstuff association should just say they have declared a ban on their business till further notice.

9 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by wink2015(m): 11:17am On Mar 01, 2021
Iamgrey5:
They need to understand economics next time before going into business grin

You can only create new market for your products if sell innovative ideas.

You can't sell your products in other countries that already has a similar product.

Northerners think they are clever.

They even need the southern market to sell their perishable goods than we need the north.

We can afford to ship food from neighbouring west african countries.

We can ship food from the middle belt.

There places in the south that has abundant of food stuff because they farm there despite the fulani killings.

21 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by duro4chang(m): 11:17am On Mar 01, 2021
It may be true but how did you get the statistics?

1 Like

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by INCREDIBLE007(m): 11:17am On Mar 01, 2021
Kriss216:
I went to the market yesterday to buy cow meat for stew. They said no cow meat, I kukuma buy One old layer chicken, N2400. I use am cook stew and one wicked pot of Egusi soup. There's this joy anytime I opened my pot of stew and see the head of the chicken smiling at me.

God punish cow meat!

chicken full market na

7 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by TheDestroyer: 11:17am On Mar 01, 2021
In an attempt to hurt their biggest customers the south west they end up hurting themselves. Foolish people grin

26 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by EzeNri(m): 11:17am On Mar 01, 2021
They should eat their food, we no need am again. MB are capable.

7 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Edmanpumpin(m): 11:17am On Mar 01, 2021
Yall CORE northern bigots will tire.

Foodstufs from Plateau, Taraba, and Benue is there for us. Most importantly, we can plant here down south and even import.

Fish, Pig meat, Chickens, Turkey are in abundance here.

No more Nigeria... To your tents o Israel.

18 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by oluwasegun007(m): 11:18am On Mar 01, 2021
Move your tomatoes to Nige and Chad...

Sha pay custom duty to shekarau.

15 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by pepperdemzombie: 11:19am On Mar 01, 2021
Mtchew.
Mumus say they are diverting tomatoes to Benin Republic that their people are complaining about their rotten tomatoes they didn't get to sell at Nigeria border? Foolishness of the highest order!
They can't use the same method they use in passing fuel underground to connect Antlantic Ocean to herders there? Traders come and go, why can't they bring cows for sale and go back to rear them there?
Make them,come pack all their Almajiris from here go, then block their yeye border.

14 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Nightalan: 11:19am On Mar 01, 2021
Awon Oponu Alainironu , they should please continue their blockade. We just dey warm up, match never even start. Bloody savages and beasts with no level.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Iamgrey5(m): 11:19am On Mar 01, 2021
wink2015:

Northerners think they are clever.

They even need the southern market to sell their perishable than we need the north.

We can afford to ship food from neighbouring west african countries.

We can ship food from the middle belt.

There places in the south that has abundant of food stuff because they farm there despite the fulani killings.
Exactly my brother

The Northerners will learn the hard way.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by ThatFairGuy: 11:20am On Mar 01, 2021
Kriss216:
I went to the market yesterday to buy cow meat for stew. They said no cow meat, I kukuma buy One old layer chicken, N2400. I use am cook stew and one wicked pot of Egusi soup. There's this joy anytime I opened my pot of stew and see the head of the chicken smiling at me.

God punish cow meat!
Nah so e be

3 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Tetrahedron(m): 11:20am On Mar 01, 2021
Dem go roast grin grin
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Brushstrokes20: 11:20am On Mar 01, 2021
Awesome! I rep odua republic!

6 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by arazanbal: 11:21am On Mar 01, 2021
make una continue dy block na, una neva see anything

3 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Ituku4040: 11:21am On Mar 01, 2021
Mikecold:
b

President Buhari
May Almighty Allah bless you

I think the General is the best thing to.happen to.Nigeria
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by begge: 11:22am On Mar 01, 2021
They should send it to fulanis herdsmen

1 Like

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Welcum: 11:22am On Mar 01, 2021
grin
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by tamdun: 11:22am On Mar 01, 2021
They should go and sell to Cameroon and chad

2 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by colestephan86: 11:22am On Mar 01, 2021
Wisdomkosi:
Blockage: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over N10Billion in One Week, Cry Out for Help

By Wisdom Nwedene

https://igberetvnews.com/1383920/blockage-northern-tomato-farmers-traders-lose-n10billion-one-week-cry-help/
When they are ready to bring the goods , they should be ready to sell it cheap.
That their head wet no correct, we go correct am.

11 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by mnwogu(m): 11:22am On Mar 01, 2021
Mad people. They forgot that those produce are perishable and they are forming restriction. They will soon reverse by the time they finish counting their losses.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by CodeTemplar: 11:23am On Mar 01, 2021
Queenlovely:
I see Igbo men dressing like Alhaji s going to Niger to buy these goods very very very cheap from Niger and Cameron
That's the problem with wanting to starve a man with money. He can always choose to buy from another source with his money. If southern resources are blocked, can they feed on their tomato, rice and beat alone. No transport, no communication, no health sector?

12 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Ituku4040: 11:23am On Mar 01, 2021
arazanbal:
make una continue dy block na, una neva see anything
What is happening is so wonderful for Nigeria
Smart, creative and innovative solutions would arise

Good for cash

Cash for food

4 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by 2oby: 11:23am On Mar 01, 2021
smile.

Lack of sense.

funny. It would have been better if it charity they blocked n not peoples business. Even the country u r going want to sell to u if given d chance. I remember wen i was in uni, we go to Niger & chad to buy Ram and pomo cos it is cheaper. Most Ram n Cows used during festival are majorly from there. They succeeded in showing their lack of productive and insignificance again. Too bad.

12 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Donedeal1(m): 11:23am On Mar 01, 2021
Who wants to divide us by force? They will not successed,
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by nisai: 11:24am On Mar 01, 2021
grin grin grin grin Sense go enter una head by force

1 Like

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by juman(m): 11:24am On Mar 01, 2021
Lagos is the center of gravity of nigerian commerce.
More than ten percent of nigerian population live there.

Anybody that deliberately remove lagos from the place to sell their market is in trouble.
Abokiss are in trouble.

16 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by SURElee(f): 11:25am On Mar 01, 2021
Dem think say dem dey do us. Now they are losing billions. Their eyes go neat.

The southern leadership should begin to use their lands for farming. We can farm tomato, peppers sweet potatoes and yam down south na.

Make dem go Cameroun and Niger republic and chad wey no send them.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Cadamlk: 11:25am On Mar 01, 2021
Ok na! I just pity the honest farmers up north .They just want to sell their farm produce and make some money. Now all their labour is in vain.

Meanwhile, farmers from Plateau,Benue and Taraba are just smiling to the bank. Easy market for their products. grin

4 Likes

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Firefox01: 11:26am On Mar 01, 2021
When I open my pot and see it filled with the antelope meat I bought when I visited my village 3 days ago, I'm in perpetual joy. Bush meat is far more nutritious than the slow poison called beef. Northerners must understand that we don't lack alternatives for food in the South, we have Chicken, Turkey, Pig, Bush meat in abundance down South! They will only hurt themselves. Even their foodstuffs will rot and they will lose millions! Imagine thinking paupers from Niger, Chad and Cameroon are alternatives to the wealthy south. grin

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by colestephan86: 11:27am On Mar 01, 2021
jokayos:
Let the blockage continue to see who will blink first. This is awaking call to the South west, South east, and South south to buck up, the path of freedom from this contraption called Nigeria has been opened. Soon Yoruba nation flag will be host all over the world.
The truth is. Southern Nigeria isn't redundant when it comes to farming.
I am into pepper business, and I tell you for free that, between July to Nov most of the tomatoes you will see on western markets especially is Yoruba tomatoes. The chilli pepper from the west is the best , even hause sellers confirm it, the shelf life is nothing compared to that of the north.
Palm oil, plantain, rice , garri, fish, chickens , cucumbers and some others don't all come from the north only.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Business Gave You Your First Million In 2019 / Interesting Facts About Bill Gates / Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.