Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,825 members, 7,898,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:09 AM

Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out (61076 Views)

Traders Lose As Naira Rebounds To 720/Dollar / Banks Lose Over N1bn As Hoodlums Wreck ATMs, Branches / FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by saintneo(m): 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kriss216:
I went to the market yesterday to buy cow meat for stew. They said no cow meat, I kukuma buy One old layer chicken, N2400. I use am cook stew and one wicked pot of Egusi soup. There's this joy anytime I opened my pot of stew and see the head of the chicken smiling at me.

God punish cow meat!
abeg where your house dey?
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Ade3131: 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2021
It's been awhile since I last read something that crack me up this much.... I remember I explained some basic concept of commerce to Arewa1stSon the other day and am so glad we're all seeing it manifest right before our own eyes.

Customer is the king! The man who owns the money dictates not you the seller of a perishable goods.

Although I know that the 10b Naira too na hype but las las, sense must fall on una.

Imagine what the situation will be if Niger Delta militants chase out all the NNPC staffs on their land and shutdown all the pipes that supply fuel to the North while those tankers with fuel are also turned back from Jebba/Mokwa road. We can conveniently import only the required amount of refined oil to South, after all Nigeria doesn't refine her oil. And Oil is not a perishable goods.

Even the trailers you load your produce runs on fuel from the South.

I'm not surprised sha, na Aboki people we dey talk about here, so I don't expect them to be ....

1 Like

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Basher8583: 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kobicove:
This so called blockade will affect everyone one way or the other.

If the farmers continue to make losses it will impact negatively on their ability to repay loans which they took from banks and we all know that over 90% of the banks in Nigeria are owned by southerners undecided

Don't complain if the dividend payout ratio by your bank or insurance company drops this year

Very wrong. Most Nothern farmers bank with Unity bank, jaiz bank, Taj bank etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by tunize(m): 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2021
Iamgrey5:
They need to understand economics next time before going into business grin

You can only create new market for your products if you sell innovative ideas.

You can't sell your products well in other countries that already has a similar product.
Gbam on your behalf I gat call Buhari to with immediate effect appoint u as an advicer in economy matter sense full ur body.
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by baralatie(m): 3:50pm On Mar 01, 2021
iamso9ce:

Chop chicken go jawe, if poultry farmers do anyhow, we go enter bush go hunt and if them animal go exile,we go enter water fish and fish do anyhow, we go port to mushroom....
we move!
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Samunique(m): 3:51pm On Mar 01, 2021
ibuildstuff:

Funny enough I read an article on how meat increase oil in the body n cause vain blockage, leading to weak erection in most men. Na to avoid meat sure pass now
I dey tell you !

The funny thing be say, cow meat no dey sweet again except some special parts of it.
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by jacoik(m): 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kriss216:
I went to the market yesterday to buy cow meat for stew. They said no cow meat, I kukuma buy One old layer chicken, N2400. I use am cook stew and one wicked pot of Egusi soup. There's this joy anytime I opened my pot of stew and see the head of the chicken smiling at me.

God punish cow meat!
lolxxxxx hahahaha I swear guy u no well ooooo. shey the chicken head dey the two pots or one ?
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by jacoik(m): 4:00pm On Mar 01, 2021
Mikecold:
If only they can recall all their almajiris in the south and start feeding them with this Food it would do the south a better good

This is the only region that claims to feed others but their children keep carrying bowls knocking on people's doors for scrumbs
lolxxxxx hahahaha guy, dis table wey u dey shake ehhhh my hands no dey oooo
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by jacoik(m): 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2021
Queenlovely:
I see Igbo men dressing like Alhaji s going to Niger to buy these goods very very very cheap from Niger and Cameron

They will still come back to sell it in Nigeria.
Then there will be confusion in the enemies camp,

Cameroon and Neighboring countries cannot get enough after testing the forbidden fruit.

it's called extrepot trade
lolxxxxx hahahaha I swear gift, u dey mad ooooo lolxxxxx hahahaha I don die here

1 Like

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Sleekfingers: 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2021
Wisdomkosi:
Blockage: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over N10Billion in One Week, Cry Out for Help

By Wisdom Nwedene

https://igberetvnews.com/1383920/blockage-northern-tomato-farmers-traders-lose-n10billion-one-week-cry-help/

good. Make dem no bring them to the south.....make dem dey chop the tomatoes demselves......yeye dey smell
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by bigcasava1(m): 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2021
Idiots get away with ur polluted food
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Fuckyoumod: 4:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kobicove:

If the farmers continue to make losses it will impact negatively on their ability to repay loans which they took from banks and we all know that over 90% of the banks in Nigeria are owned by southerners undecided

Don't complain if the dividend payout ratio by your bank or insurance company drops this year
oga na you and your family wey like onions, fresh tomatoes and cow meat e go affect. Because you too like food!
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by TheGift: 4:45pm On Mar 01, 2021
This reminds me of the parable of the "Fox and the Grapes"

#SourGrapes

Kriss216:

God punish cow meat!
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Kobicove(m): 4:58pm On Mar 01, 2021
Basher8583:

Very wrong. Most Nothern farmers bank with Unity bank, jaiz bank, Taj bank etc.

We're talking about serious banks in Nigeria and your mentioning Jaiz and Taj
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Munzy14(m): 5:04pm On Mar 01, 2021
mariahAngel:
Munzy14, gbara oso bia ooo! grin
O su la! grin

Nwata si nne ya agahu a raha, o ga e hi ura? grin
Ara gbashikwa ha nti! grin
Hahahhahaha onweghi ihe ha huru, ugbu a ka la wu ututu...Inukwa iji tomatoes e mere anyi nga nga...

One of my farm attendant gather enough nkwu, so I went there this afternoon, he gave me some...For ezigbo ofe-akwu Igbo di rich...cheesy

I don't know how some northerners... Reason.. Hoarding perishable goods...NA stupidity na. Just like a farmer who produces eggs/vegetables..no mata what, you can't hoard it..
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by pocohantas(f): 5:05pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kobicove:

Wetin concern bank with loans disbursed to Northern Nigeria? Are you oblivious of the fact that majority of the loans given to them are heavily backed by the FG and not even disbursed through your known commercial banks.

A large percentage of NPLs in commercial banks are from Southern Nigeria, SE to be very specific. Northerners are well taken care of. Those people are the ones enjoying Nigeria o. grin

Iamgrey5:
They need to understand economics next time before going into business grin

You can only create new market for your products if you sell innovative ideas.

You can't sell your products well in other countries that already has a similar product.

Perishable goods for that matter. Hian!

1 Like

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Ezini(f): 5:07pm On Mar 01, 2021
wellmax:
If we fight this war of food hoarding, everyone will loose,
Let us live in peace

No let the strike continue, the north ( Fulani) always boast of southern dependency on them, let's see how it plays out now,

we are already tired of their beef of death
we shall make due with chicken and turky, tomato puree and rice

when I tell people that its only trade that will happen if eventually everyone goes their way, now what do we have, north begging for access to do business
mtchswee
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Erastuslove: 5:07pm On Mar 01, 2021
I can see a business route for food stuff back to Nigeria through Calabar axis..... Thank God cow will be out from our cities and villages farms will yield fruits now.....

We will stop fuel too, but na most of them gat our tank farm, time to change CEO
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by eteba(m): 5:12pm On Mar 01, 2021
Dear Amalgamated food bla bla bla,
Kindly use the food dem to feed all those una hungry almajiri up north,
dont ever bring that s*hit down here again, we`re not interested shakina!

thanks
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by wellmax(m): 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
Ezini:

No let the strike continue, the north ( Fulani) always boast of southern dependency on them, let's see how it plays out now,

we are already tired of their beef of death
we shall make due with chicken and turky, tomato puree and rice

when I tell people that its only trade that will happen if eventually everyone goes their way, now what do we have, north begging for access to do business
mtchswee

You know nothing of what you are saying
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by ocelot2006(m): 5:28pm On Mar 01, 2021
Abeg the blockade should continue. I want to see something first.
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by MummyD2020(f): 5:30pm On Mar 01, 2021
Mikecold:
If only they can recall all their almajiris in the south and start feeding them with this Food it would do the south a better good

This is the only region that claims to feed others but their children keep carrying bowls knocking on people's doors for scrumbs

Watch them avoid this thread like AIDS
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by ocelot2006(m): 5:40pm On Mar 01, 2021
Firefox01:
When I open my pot and see it filled with the antelope meat I bought when I visited my village 3 days ago, I'm in perpetual joy. Bush meat is far more nutritious than the slow poison called beef. Northerners must understand that we don't lack alternatives for food in the South, we have Chicken, Turkey, Pig, Bush meat in abundance down South! They will only hurt themselves. Even their foodstuffs will rot and they will lose millions! Imagine thinking paupers from Niger, Chad and Cameroon are alternatives to the wealthy south. grin

Plus fish o! Scombia, croaker, catfish, stockfish, etc. Equally add shrimps/crayfish, crabs, etc. The South is truly blessed.

1 Like

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by mariahAngel(f): 5:53pm On Mar 01, 2021
Munzy14:

Hahahhahaha onweghi ihe ha huru, ugbu a ka la wu ututu...Inukwa iji tomatoes e mere anyi nga nga...

Ha ka no na mbido, h'ebewela...
Akwa tomatoes? Ha ga ragide ya e, ya gbu ha!
Ugbu a ka ha chetara si anyi wu otu

One of my farm attendant gather enough nkwu, so I went there this afternoon, he gave me some...For ezigbo ofe-akwu Igbo di rich...cheesy

Wow!
Don't forget to precook it so that you don't lose its fresh taste.

I don't know how some northerners... Reason.. Hoarding perishable goods...NA stupidity na. Just like a farmer who produces eggs/vegetables..no mata what, you can't hoard it..

As in...
And it's not like they eat most of the things they produce o
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Kelvin3476: 6:06pm On Mar 01, 2021
wellmax:

You cannot live in peace with yourself, that is why you think peace is alien. It is alien to YOU, just YOU
Okay mve over to the nrth if u believe u are saying the truth
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Nychillax(m): 6:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
Alba3:

We don't have leaders in the South. Since 60s federal government have been spending billions of dollars to develop agriculture in the North. They built countless irrigating systems in the North, move 99% of subsidized fertilizer into the north every year, close Southern boundaries being manned by majority Hausa/Fulanis to all these produce from the North...

U are 101% right, Buhari first project in katsina was to rebuild old dam abandoned for over 30yrs just for easy irrigation...FG spent billions of Naira to develop agriculture in the North.

1 Like

Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by bomsilaga(m): 6:32pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kriss216:

God punish cow meat!
i wish i can like this post like 5x
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by ThatErha: 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
Mikecold:

Yet, there is one popular Fulani leader who recently said that it is the south which begs the north for crumbs....
Now, see who is crying.
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by babniyen(m): 6:48pm On Mar 01, 2021
I am team rabbit meat just roast and enter stew....
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by babestella: 6:52pm On Mar 01, 2021
Ok, no one has died in the south for not eating tomatoes.

Let them push it further till 2029, they will cry at last. Bunch of bozos. By next week, they will lose 20B naira.
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Nyanabo(m): 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2021
Lol they are now crying. Please let it continue. Yesterday being Sunday my mum sent me to buy meat at the market I could find none and the goat meat I saw was very little for 5k. Omen we had to go back to chicken oh. See as 5k chicken full pot.
Re: Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 7:29pm On Mar 01, 2021
10billion in 1 week?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Business Gave You Your First Million In 2019 / Interesting Facts About Bill Gates / Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.