Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,314 members, 7,881,161 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:38 PM

Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) (57080 Views)

Peter Obi In Harvard University USA (Photos) / MC Oluomo At His Children's Graduation Ceremony In USA (Photos) / Meet Roxy Ogechi Ndebumadu Who Is The Chairwoman Of Bowie County, Maryland USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by laiperi: 11:41pm On Mar 02, 2021
Dr. Godwin Maduka has my respect and my best wishes.

What he did, most African nationalists have done from dying for Independence across Africa to coming home to contribute. Respect for that man.

The same indignation that brought Maduka home is what you are celebrating. He sued for discrimination like many Africans but only a few won.

The smart doctor run home with the money to better his village. Do not forget that Nzeribe also brought money home.

Now that I have supported your point, how many Africans have enough after paying bills, to bring home?

How many Africans win million dollar court judgment and brought it home?

Even those working day and night that send money home, it is people like you that glorify and celebrate foreign salvation, that go to Bureau du change with looted naira to buy it or loot CBN to launder it.

So, I ask you again. Out of all those you glorify their positions, how many have used that position to benefit a country in Africa?

Some people used to come for a week or month medical clinics, when you showed dem pepper, dem run.

The biggest of all the positions is the President of USA. How did it benefit Africa?

Note, if Maduka (a man of exceptional intelligence and skill) was not frustrated, would he sue?

Sit down hia make you dey celebrate their frustration in Europe and America. I hope you and your fellow Africans get the message.

Make Africa livable. I am not holding my breath.

jimyjames:

Godwin Maduka single handedly transformed his village to a town and there are many like him doing things in igboland
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 12:26am On Mar 03, 2021
laiperi:
Dr. Godwin Maduka has my respect and my best wishes.

What he did, most African nationalists have done from dying for Independence across Africa to coming home to contribute. Respect for that man.

The same indignation that brought Maduka home is what you are celebrating. He sued for discrimination like many Africans but only a few won.

The smart doctor run home with the money to better his village. Do not forget that Nzeribe also brought money home.

Now that I have supported your point, how many Africans have enough after paying bills, to bring home?

How many Africans win million dollar court judgment and brought it home?

Even those working day and night that send money home, it is people like you that glorify and celebrate foreign salvation, that go to Bureau du change with looted naira to buy it or loot CBN to launder it.

So, I ask you again. Out of all those you glorify their positions, how many have used that position to benefit a country in Africa?

Some people used to come for a week or month medical clinics, when you showed dem pepper, dem run.

The biggest of all the positions is the President of USA. How did it benefit Africa?

Note, if Maduka (a man of exceptional intelligence and skill) was not frustrated, would he sue?

Sit down hia make you dey celebrate their frustration in Europe and America. I hope you and your fellow Africans get the message.

Make Africa livable. I am not holding my breath.

On the bold leave it at that ask no further questions
Africa has everything it takes to be that great continent, Africa shouldn't wait for someone in a foreign country to come build Africa for them, Obama and any other African out there doing well in a foreign country owes Africa nothing , they owe only their families who worked hard to train them to become what they are, and those families are benefiting from it, if they choose to help their entire community like Maduka did, fine and good it's left for them.
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Fahdiga(m): 4:24am On Mar 03, 2021
nextstep:

We all know that if this woman was vying to be a minister in this Nigeria, our very own bigot - PMB - will pass over her because of her tribe, and her gender. He and his committee won't say, "what a well qualified Nigerian"... they'd say "... but she's Igbo... and a woman, haba we can't fah".

Let's call a spade a spade and acknowledge that woman Igbo Amaka abeg
100 percent correct
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Gobdddd(m): 7:11am On Mar 03, 2021
Ngozi.......woman

Her sister....... woman

We no even hear anything about their brothers

I have 4 girlchilds.

Make I see who go talk shit say make I go born again because say I de look for a baby boy.
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Owajigarrisson(m): 8:38am On Mar 03, 2021
nextstep:

I am an Enuani man. As you know, there has been a complicated relationship between Igbos East of Niger, and their brethren West of it, who I'll collectively call Anioma. Many people whose families have lived in Enuani since time immemorial trace their origins to Edo, Esan, and of course Nri, among other places. Migration, settling, marriage ties, trade, etc has resulted in a melting pot of people who are distinct from the Igbos - in the same manner Americans are distinct from the English, though they speak English and some do recognize their English ancestry. An Irish American, however, would balk at being called English, as would a German American, Spanish American, etc. The acceptable identity is American; similarly, the acceptable identity is Anioma.

Throughout recent Nigerian history (past 150 years or so), there have been repeated incidents where Anioma was grouped either as Edo, or Igbo, South-South, or even Western Region, based on the prevailing political expediency.

That Anioma is not Igbo could not have been made any clearer by the declaration: "We, the Chiefs, Elders, and Representatives of Eastern Nigeria ... do hereby solemnly proclaim that the territory and region known as and called Eastern Nigeria together with her continental shelf and territorial waters shall henceforth be an independent sovereign state of the name and title of 'the Republic of Biafra.'"

Eastern Nigeria did not include Anioma at that time, the Governor of Eastern Nigeria was not in charge of Anioma, and thus could not be referring to them when he says "your governor". There was also no subtext in the declaration that mentioned: "including the Igbo-speaking communities West of the Nigeria..." or anything to that effect.

Before you argue, also consider the phrase: "Midwest_Invasion_of_1967". The invasion began on August 9 when 3,000 Biafran soldiers led by General Victor Banjo crossed the River Niger Bridge into Asaba. One cannot invade your own country.

Yes, there were Biafra sympathizers from Anioma - several fought with distinction in the Biafra army, as did a few Europeans for that matter. There are also those who conclude that, since we speak Igbo, we are all Igbos. There is room for folks like NOI and Major Nzeogwu to recognize her Igbo ancestry; there is also room for others to recognize their non-Igbo ancestry as well.

Anioma is redefining its identity - on its own terms - not based on the patronizing opinions of Igbos, and not on the confused understanding of other Nigerian communities, but on its own terms.

Thank you for your clarification, at least you made it known that the Igbo identity exists in Anioma
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Owajigarrisson(m): 8:40am On Mar 03, 2021
harizonal123:

When we refer to somebody as igbo everyone in Delta State knows we are talking about people across river niger I repeat we don't have flat head(igbotic) people in Delta

Continue living in delusion!
I thank God for people like Buchi Emecheta,NOI,Jay Jay Okocha,Asagba of Asaba,e.t.c for redefining the Igbo standards in Anioma!!
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Owajigarrisson(m): 8:44am On Mar 03, 2021
nextstep:

I am an Enuani man. As you know, there has been a complicated relationship between Igbos East of Niger, and their brethren West of it, who I'll collectively call Anioma. Many people whose families have lived in Enuani since time immemorial trace their origins to Edo, Esan, and of course Nri, among other places. Migration, settling, marriage ties, trade, etc has resulted in a melting pot of people who are distinct from the Igbos - in the same manner Americans are distinct from the English, though they speak English and some do recognize their English ancestry. An Irish American, however, would balk at being called English, as would a German American, Spanish American, etc. The acceptable identity is American; similarly, the acceptable identity is Anioma.

Throughout recent Nigerian history (past 150 years or so), there have been repeated incidents where Anioma was grouped either as Edo, or Igbo, South-South, or even Western Region, based on the prevailing political expediency.

That Anioma is not Igbo could not have been made any clearer by the declaration: "We, the Chiefs, Elders, and Representatives of Eastern Nigeria ... do hereby solemnly proclaim that the territory and region known as and called Eastern Nigeria together with her continental shelf and territorial waters shall henceforth be an independent sovereign state of the name and title of 'the Republic of Biafra.'"

Eastern Nigeria did not include Anioma at that time, the Governor of Eastern Nigeria was not in charge of Anioma, and thus could not be referring to them when he says "your governor". There was also no subtext in the declaration that mentioned: "including the Igbo-speaking communities West of the Nigeria..." or anything to that effect.

Before you argue, also consider the phrase: "Midwest_Invasion_of_1967". The invasion began on August 9 when 3,000 Biafran soldiers led by General Victor Banjo crossed the River Niger Bridge into Asaba. One cannot invade your own country.

Yes, there were Biafra sympathizers from Anioma - several fought with distinction in the Biafra army, as did a few Europeans for that matter. There are also those who conclude that, since we speak Igbo, we are all Igbos. There is room for folks like NOI and Major Nzeogwu to recognize her Igbo ancestry; there is also room for others to recognize their non-Igbo ancestry as well.

Anioma is redefining its identity - on its own terms - not based on the patronizing opinions of Igbos, and not on the confused understanding of other Nigerian communities, but on its own terms.

But I hope you know that the Bini ancestry or theory is mostly rampant in Ukwuani and Ika areas?
The people of Ogwashi-uku,Aniocha North&South and Oshimili most times assert their Igboness
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Codes151(m): 8:56am On Mar 03, 2021
Fahdiga:
So says an ethnic bigot
your the ethnic bigot rather
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Owajigarrisson(m): 8:58am On Mar 03, 2021
nextstep:

There was a big mistake you made tho, that Anioma was not under the defunct Biafran republic doesn't make them less Igbo, we had Kalabaris,Ibibios,Annangs,Efiks,Ekois,Ijaws,e.t.c under the defunct Biafran republic, does that make them Igbo?

Right from the inception of Nigeria,many ethnic groups were divided into different groupings. Anioma may be a term used to describe the Igboid speaking people in Delta North Senatorial District, however, Anioma does not end at Delta or Edo,Anioma extends to Ogbaru and Onitsha in Anambra State and Ndoni in Rivers State,if you go to these communities I mentioned, you will think you're in Anioma because the dialect and culture is very similar to yours, most importantly, according to their oral tradition, they have thesame progenitor with Ndi Anioma. If these appendage of the Anioma people in Onitsha,Ogbaru and Ndoni are called Igbos, why then would Anioma be non-Igbo

Just like part of the Ndokis in Abia State were carved out into Oyigbo Local Government Area of Rivers and Ukanafun LGA in Akwa Ibom,part of the Egbemas were carved out of Imo into Rivers State,part of the Etches,Omumas and Ogbas were carved out from Imo into Rivers, now the Ndokis,Egbemas,Etches,Omumas and Ogbas still in Abia and Imo states are called Igbos but some people will want to argue with you that the ones in Rivers are not Igbos.
Isn't that stupid

The fact is some parts of Anioma have outrightly rejected being Igbo and we know those areas, you can't see me arguing about areas like Ika and Ukwuani,though they have a lot in common with Igbos. Areas Eastwards towards the Niger till Asaba are areas I can debate about because I've seen countless number of people from these areas who identified as Igbos, moreover, the Asagba of Asaba clarified it also!
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Igboid: 10:30am On Mar 03, 2021
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Igboid: 10:34am On Mar 03, 2021
[quote author=nextstep post=99553726]

I am an Enuani man. As you know, there has been a complicated relationship between Igbos East of Niger, and their brethren West of it, who I'll collectively call Anioma. Many people whose families have lived in Enuani since time immemorial trace their origins to Edo, Esan, and of course Nri, among other places. Migration, settling, marriage ties, trade, etc has resulted in a melting pot of people who are distinct from the Igbos -

I wouldn't be surprised if you are from Issele uku.
The problem with your above assertion is the ignorant assumption that the people you termed "Igbo's" are a monolithic people with no diverse oral origin histories as well.
Of course you know the SE have communities with claims of origins from Bini, Igala, Idoma, Ekoi, etc.
But your agenda is better served by assuming they are one monolithic people.

in the same manner Americans are distinct from the English, though they speak English and some do recognize their English ancestry. An Irish American, however, would balk at being called English, as would a German American, Spanish American, etc. The acceptable identity is American; similarly, the acceptable identity is Anioma.

Poor example. English is spoken in America because America was colonized by Britain, just as Portuguese is spoken in Brazil because the Portuguese colonised Brazilians. Any one with functional brain cells would know that Ndiigbo at no point colonized Anioma people. If anything, Anioma was colonized by Bini. Yet her indigenous Igbo language survived Bini colonial onslaught, even though the people continue to suffer from Stockholm syndrome from that experience, as represented by irrational Bini origin histories.

Throughout recent Nigerian history (past 150 years or so), there have been repeated incidents where Anioma was grouped either as Edo, or Igbo, South-South, or even Western Region, based on the prevailing political expediency

There has never been a time in Nigerian history that Anioma has been regarded as anything other than Igbo.
All precolonial documents called Anioma Western IBO, independent Nigeria, Anioma became known as Midwest Igbo. Post civil war Nigeria, it was Bendel Igbo, post 1991 it is Delta Igbo, until Osadebay Dennis, an Ohanaeze Ndiigbo chieftain coined the term Anioma.

There are Ijaws in Ondo too, they remain Ijaw,and there are no talks of them being distinct because they don't share same political space with other Ijaws.

Biafra was not Igbo affair. It was Eastern region affair, the Efiks, Ibibio, Ijaws, Annang, Ekoi,Ogoni etc were Biafrans yet not Igbos. Biafra declaration had nothing to do with Anioma Igbo identity. Stop being obtuse.

Biafra was a strictly Eastern region affair and not an Igbo affair. Ijaws in Biafra had their own people also in Midwest who were not part of Biafra.

Again your understanding of history is flawed. Biafra was an Eastern region affair and not an Igbo republic.

Funny enough, when Biafra invaded Midwest and made Dr Okonkwo from Anioma the administrator of the region. The Edo/Edoids rejected him claiming that Biafrans were imposing Igbo leader on them.
Of course, the Edo know you are not one of them, they will only accept your Stockholm syndrome induced concocted oral stories of Edo descent as long as you accept to play the slave/inferior role in the relationship, like Obi Ezeagwuna of Issele uku is currently doing. Any moment you try to rule them or even claim equality,they will remind you that you are Owie-Ibo. Your concocted slavish Bini origin histories only works for the Bini as far as you remain slaves.

All Highflyers in Enuani I know identify as Igbo. Jay Jay Okocha, Okonjo Iweala, Ned Nwoko, Elumelus, Ralph Uwaechue, late Osadebay who even coined the term Anioma as a founding member of Ohaneze Ndiigbo,Prof Nwaezeigwe, Prof Edozien the Asagba of Asaba, Prof Utomi all identify as Igbo
It's usually the never do wells and attention seekers that go about the "we be Bini" nonsense, the wise and exposed people in Enu-ani know better.

Anioma is not evolving anything. It's just a political entity and that's all. The Ukwuani/Ndokwa commoners don't even subscribe to it,and the Ika are too parochial to leave their Ika identity for it.
The promoters of Anioma identity are mainly Enu-ani people, with the other two groups (Ika and Ndokwa) viewing you with suspicious glances.

1 Like

Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by obidaddy: 1:45pm On Mar 03, 2021
May God punish the DeadVultureMeatBbqGrill proprietor and his lineage. It shall never be well with sycophants and those who without shame turn the truth on it head, because of mere morsel of bread.

If you know you're the one, do well to report me to the mods for another round of banning. Bastards!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore Visits Nnamdi Kanu In New York (pic) / ENDSARS: Sheikh Musa Asadus Sunnah Tells FG To Be Brutal On Protesters / #SitAtHome: The Ever Busy Aroma Junction, Awka Deserted (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.