Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,190 members, 7,887,448 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:01 AM

Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall (43035 Views)

Ifeoma Eze Esther, UNN Student, Dies In Hotel (GRAPHIC PICS) / Obi Mirabel: UNN Student To Be Expelled For Twerking In Bikini In A Competition / Student Caught With 'Expo' In Glass Case In Exam Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Tapout(m): 11:08am On Mar 14, 2021
RRodwave:
No amount of depression will make me take my life, e no get duplicate

You never jam depression oga. You might not take your life, but the thought of doing so will definitely pop up. It's at this point most people break out, while the others end up allowing their thoughts control their actions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by MartinsD12(m): 11:11am On Mar 14, 2021
HenryQuest:
A 300 level Biochemistry student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), Mba Daniel, was on Saturday, confirmed dead after committing suicide, VANTAGE NEWS reports.

Our correspondent gathered that the student apparently made different attempts to take his own life between Wednesday and Friday before he eventually succeeded in hanging himself.

VANTAGE NEWS learnt that his phone was seized by a lecturer on examination supervision duty after he was caught cheating with it while writing BCH 353 exam on Wednesday, 10th March.

Daniel’s course mates who spoke on the condition of anonymity said that he last came to school after the incident on Wednesday. Some of them believe his quest to take his own life was due to depression that he suffered after he was caught engaging in examination malpractice.

His lodge mates at his residence in the Odim Gate area of the university community where the ugly incident happened told VANTAGE NEWS that Hypo bleach mixed with dye, hair relaxer and Captain Jack liquor were found in his room.

They also reported that rope tied in the ceiling of his room, knife, syringe and belt were also found.

According to them, it seemed he had attempted to take his life through the items but was unsuccessful.

Daniel eventually hung himself at the balcony in the second floor of the three storey building where he fell from the rope and landed on the floor, suffering a broken leg.

He was rushed by neighbours to a nearby hospital where he was confirmed dead in the early hours of Saturday.

Confirming the incident, the President of the Nigerian Society of Biochemistry Students, UNN chapter, Silas Ijaja, said, “the information reaching me through the closest person is that the guy attempted to kill himself with corrosive chemical, relaxer and strong ethanol he mixed and drank but it did not work. He then used rope to hang himself from the balcony of his room where he fell from and fractured his leg. He was rushed to the hospital and confirmed dead on Saturday.

“It is obvious he died of depression over the incident that happened in exam hall on Wednesday. It may not also be unrelated to his inability to cope with the pressure of the ongoing examination. We have a lot to read and write this period and it is driving so many students into depression,” he added.

All efforts made to contact the Head of the Biochemistry department and school authority prove abortive.

SOURCE: https://vantagenews.ng/2021/03/13/300-level-unn-student-commits-suicide-after-his-phone-was-seized-in-exam-hall/
No matter what don't take your life, that lecturer that seized his phone has no right to do that rather punish him for exam malpractice, we Africans reason so poor.

1 Like

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by lastempero: 11:13am On Mar 14, 2021
Unn lecturers should be investigated, the high rate of suicide in that school should be a concern to both governing council and fg at large.
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by georgeakins: 11:16am On Mar 14, 2021
Biochemistry is as tough as medicine. If you cheated to pass your UTME or you got your SSCE from special centres, don't attempt to study Biochemistry

2 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Kennyking1234: 11:20am On Mar 14, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

It won’t be that bad if you focus on your books and stop wasting your time on none sense online, especially chasing FTC on NL. Free advice for an idle youth like you.

I have seen that you are digging my comments on NL and writing crap about me on Nairaland threads. You think you are savage? Hahaha grin. I just dey laugh because you are a small boy. I don’t want you to suffer depression and commit suicide if I decide to teach you wetin e mean to be savage online wink

Meanwhile na this portfolio you get wey you talk say you dey trade US stocks and you are a rich boy? grin grin

Kea, you are such a funny boy grin
I don't understand this guy.
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Kennyking1234: 11:26am On Mar 14, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

It won’t be that bad if you focus on your books and stop wasting your time on none sense online, especially chasing FTC on NL. Free advice for an idle youth like you.

I have seen that you are digging my comments on NL and writing crap about me on Nairaland threads. You think you are savage? Hahaha grin. I just dey laugh because you are a small boy. I don’t want you to suffer depression and commit suicide if I decide to teach you wetin e mean to be savage online wink

Meanwhile na this portfolio you get wey you talk say you dey trade US stocks and you are a rich boy? grin grin
, you are such a funny boy grin
And who's that?
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by ipobarethieves: 11:27am On Mar 14, 2021
U said it all.If u manage to graduate with 3rd class,nah God win.To give a finalist E asvin LET MY PEOPLE GO.Mbanu
floss:
University of Nigeria is among the toughest place on earth one can go to for higher learning and I won't encourage anyone that haven't been there to try... speaking from experience,I graduated from there.... everything is in extreme and weird, the rate at which students study for exam, quiz, test is weird and far from normal,every corner is use for night class students desert their hostels, lodges and start living in their different classes all because of making first class, even to the point that the less serious student is forced to study even if you planned to cheat during exam, you will still study your materials.. The department you are in doesn't send or look at your face, very strict to the core.
Any student you see that made first class from UNN doesn't have a social life and they are mostly idealist. All through the year the weather conditions are not favorable for learning, extremely cold and extremely hot.
You will be made to understand that you are not serious even when it's glaring you are trying your best because you will find things more difficult the harder you try.
Ladies in UNN think like men, what ever a guy feels he knows or can do they believe they are equal to the task, if you are not extremely intelligent as a guy in the pure sciences departments don't dream of wooing any lady because it won't work or else she loves you first.... Social life in UNN is not encouraging, 70% of students follow this routine daily; Hostel to Class, Class to Fellowship, Fellowship back to hostel.
If you challenge a lecturer by trying to prove to him you know more than him or her during lectures, just know that you have rented an apartment in that course, you will never graduate.
When ever UNN denies you an admission just know you won't fit in, and you can't absorb the pressure that will come later... because the same way you prepared for PUME is the same way you will be preparing for normal departmental exams.

Being intelligent and also being smart won't save you in UNN, you must have good character (in Character and learning)

The reason students commits suicide apart from spiritual forces is BEING IN THE WRONG DEPARTMENT, it will make you to continue struggling, you might be intelligent but also struggling to catch up. Many students find themselves in the wrong department due to peer pressure, family advice, ignorance, desperate to gain admission. You know you don't have passion for Pharmacy you're not good in chemistry and you're in faculty of pharmacy, you will never enjoy school. Some students might be good with solving calculus, equations, etc. instead of going for engineering courses they will go and apply to study political science...
UNN doesn't forgive errors made by students..it's a pressure cooker.

1 Like

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by thinkmoney(m): 11:30am On Mar 14, 2021
Karlovych:
embarassed embarassed Stupid boy, a weak generation of youths that spend most of their time on irrelevant nonsense instead of focusing on their education, no wonder dunderheads are ruling them while the smart and focused ones start from their undergraduate days to plan their future.
Brain capacity different my brother. We are all sick in differing ways to differing degrees. Just thank God for you and everything
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by TheNoble007(m): 11:30am On Mar 14, 2021
immortalcrown:
Suicide is becoming too much in UNN, and I do not think depression and frustration are the cause. I hear that all the students that have died by suicide in the school were doing well academically. I suspect occultism.

Very true. Something seems to be very wrong with that school.One of my erstwhile students who was very close to me in Nigeria, and also a current student of UNN, told me last few weeks that she was also contemplating suicide. I was very alarmed and quickly sent a message back home. This is a girl that made about 6 As in Waec, had close to 300 score in Jamb, and currently a first class candidate at UNN.

I prayed. Ah, I prayed. I can't be a prophet of God and the devil tries to steal someone close to me untimely.
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by scofield114: 11:30am On Mar 14, 2021
RRodwave:
No amount of depression will make me take my life, e no get duplicate
just pray u dont get depressed its not what u think its its very bad man i hate it

1 Like

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by bluefilm: 11:54am On Mar 14, 2021
Hahahahaha

The stupid guy is definitely going to HELL.

Can you imagine!!!

Look at the chemical combination he used to kill himself: Hypo bleach mixed with dye, hair relaxer and Captain Jack liquor.

So if he were to be that good in BCH, then why will he still be cheating in exam?

Useless Fool. angry
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Oosa4sure: 11:56am On Mar 14, 2021
Isn't up to that old boy!
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by DarkJeddi(m): 11:58am On Mar 14, 2021
Quality20:
university filled with igbos both as levturers n students being called University of Nigeria! Dont worry by d time Kanu comes with biafra, he gonna change it to biafra university
And na that one be your headache? shocked
For your information..
It was known as University of Biafra during the Civil War..
So,your headaches na factory fitted.. grin

1 Like

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by pikechukwu6(m): 11:58am On Mar 14, 2021
Chai... Another sperm wasted... Nah mumu be that. I can't wish him rip. kiss undecided
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
longetivity:
He killed himself to avoid shame.

RIP MAN
Which shame Abeg??
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Bakarehabib02(m): 12:03pm On Mar 14, 2021
Where is @Slawormiir damn nigga what’s your say on this
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by UwaMmebii(m): 12:11pm On Mar 14, 2021
floss:
University of Nigeria is among the toughest place on earth one can go to for higher learning and I won't encourage anyone that haven't been there to try... speaking from experience,I graduated from there.... everything is in extreme and weird, the rate at which students study for exam, quiz, test is weird and far from normal,every corner is use for night class students desert their hostels, lodges and start living in their different classes all because of making first class, even to the point that the less serious student is forced to study even if you planned to cheat during exam, you will still study your materials.. The department you are in doesn't send or look at your face, very strict to the core.
Any student you see that made first class from UNN doesn't have a social life and they are mostly idealist. All through the year the weather conditions are not favorable for learning, extremely cold and extremely hot.
You will be made to understand that you are not serious even when it's glaring you are trying your best because you will find things more difficult the harder you try.
Ladies in UNN think like men, what ever a guy feels he knows or can do they believe they are equal to the task, if you are not extremely intelligent as a guy in the pure sciences departments don't dream of wooing any lady because it won't work or else she loves you first.... Social life in UNN is not encouraging, 70% of students follow this routine daily; Hostel to Class, Class to Fellowship, Fellowship back to hostel.
If you challenge a lecturer by trying to prove to him you know more than him or her during lectures, just know that you have rented an apartment in that course, you will never graduate.
When ever UNN denies you an admission just know you won't fit in, and you can't absorb the pressure that will come later... because the same way you prepared for PUME is the same way you will be preparing for normal departmental exams.

Being intelligent and also being smart won't save you in UNN, you must have good character (in Character and learning)

The reason students commits suicide apart from spiritual forces is BEING IN THE WRONG DEPARTMENT, it will make you to continue struggling, you might be intelligent but also struggling to catch up. Many students find themselves in the wrong department due to peer pressure, family advice, ignorance, desperate to gain admission. You know you don't have passion for Pharmacy you're not good in chemistry and you're in faculty of pharmacy, you will never enjoy school. Some students might be good with solving calculus, equations, etc. instead of going for engineering courses they will go and apply to study political science...
UNN doesn't forgive errors made by students..it's a pressure cooker.

I can relate with all you mention here! I was admitted to study med and surg but now I want to run away oh stress there no be here, praying for my Visa to come out to go and study it in a sane country. I once contemplated suicide the day we wrote one of the physics course during my first year at Abuja building, it is like a dream to me when the lecturer told everyone to stop just within 20 min of written the exam. I dey respect my junior sister who is in pharmacy seriously.

Rest in peace to the guy. For those of you saying nonsense about the young lad taking his own life just pray let depression not hit you.
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Kennyking1234: 12:15pm On Mar 14, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Ask me again undecided
fresh guy
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by 27Pushing30: 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2021
Idiot
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Udochukwu123: 12:18pm On Mar 14, 2021
I think there is more to it than what we see��
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Lightning360: 12:21pm On Mar 14, 2021
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Bornboy4: 12:25pm On Mar 14, 2021
It's a mental challenge he ought to have easily overcome.

Well, his hustle has been terminated probably for not being able to face his girlfriend after the exam fraud.
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 14, 2021
MartinsD12:

No matter what don't take your life, that lecturer that seized his phone has no right to do that rather punish him for exam malpractice, we Africans reason so poor.
All Africans are not the same.
My reasoning is independent of your thoughts.
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Corroro: 12:34pm On Mar 14, 2021
Sad one, what a way to go.
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by yewawa: 12:39pm On Mar 14, 2021
Why did you do it when you can't stand the shame..stupidity!!!
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Okadall: 12:42pm On Mar 14, 2021
Suicide is not an option
Nigerian Education is f*cked up and unnecessarily stressful but the government don't care to work on it, truth be told our education system needs a total overhauling

Only God can give the parents the heart to Bear the loss
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by SmartPolician: 12:44pm On Mar 14, 2021
Quality20:
university filled with igbos both as levturers n students being called University of Nigeria! Dont worry by d time Kanu comes with biafra, he gonna change it to biafra university

Waste of useful cyberspace

How does this relate to the topic?
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Chickennuggets: 12:46pm On Mar 14, 2021
effido666:
I'm I stupid, foolish or insane dat i wil foolishly take my own life ?........nothing......I mean nothing can ever make me kill myself by myself ......neverrrrrr !!!
Don’t say that. Just pray against facing very tough challenges.

1 Like

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 14, 2021
mrmachine:

And went to hell
that we can't judge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? / Photos: CGPA Trending On Twitter / The Educative Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.