Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,321 members, 7,920,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 09:15 PM

Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! (20804 Views)

US Embassy Alleges Massive Rigging In Rivers, Akwa Ibom / Alleged Massive Rigging In Rivers State Ward 8 Unit 6 Rumuomasi (Video) / APC Campaign Rally In Borno - Photo Of Massive Crowd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Apr 15, 2011
Arosa:

I wouldn’t say that. In previous elections fewer people had the means to record events at the polling stations. But now very many people have digital cameras or video phones. Plus this time around voters were advised to film any rigging or unusual events at the polling station. So you would expect to see more video clips of rigging circulating if it was rampant.

Nigeria had about 30 million subscribers and there were no videos of poll rigging. Is that then to suggest that there was none of that?
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by agabaI23(m): 9:34pm On Apr 15, 2011
I like what Chief Uwazurike said.

Reform quietly without giving the international community a reason to malign Nigerians.
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by Arosa(m): 9:37pm On Apr 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Nigeria had about 30  million subscribers and there were no videos of poll rigging. Is that then to suggest that there was none of that?

I am not talking about how many subscribers Naija had then, but how many had phone cameras.
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Apr 15, 2011
Arosa:

I am not talking about how many subscribers Naija had then, but how many had video cameras.

Well, in the 30 million, I am certain may had camera's on their phones. So, you tried to link the # of videos to the number of subscribers in order that you may conclude that there wasn't a lot of rigging incidents, and I am asking, how come we got no videos when we had

a) Over 30 million subscribers with so many cells phones even then equipped with at least 1.2 MP Cameras

b) And we also had an election that we claim was plagued with rigging at all levels

but no video to show for it all.
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by johnie: 9:43pm On Apr 15, 2011
Good point by Uwazurike.

Our govt officials make too much noise about what they are doing instead of getting down to the job.

Dora's noise at NAFDAC scared african countries from dealing with authentic Nigerian pharamaceutical companies, Sanusi's "noise" caused our banking industry to be "downgraded" globally. The noise about our educational system attracted all manners of foreign educational institutions to take away our students like hawks or vultures.

We need less of these "noise" and more action especially where the noise is to score cheap political points so that the propoents can contest for higher office later.

The new Brazillian president is said to be more interested in getting the job done rather than making "noise."
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by Arosa(m): 9:44pm On Apr 15, 2011
The deference is that, this time around voters were advised to film any rigging.  undecided
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by SuperPap: 9:47pm On Apr 15, 2011
SIR Mike Ozekhume ke??
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2011
Very funny video! LMAO. In as much as I dont support the act, but guy the woman got mad talent and skill. See motivation, I wonder how much dem pay her? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by Kobojunkie: 10:14pm On Apr 15, 2011
Arosa:

The deference is that, this time around voters were advised to film any rigging.  undecided

Actually, they were warned against bringing those tools to the polling stations on the most part. However, I don't believe the connection you tried to make there was close to valid given that there were in fact other videos claimed to have been recorded at the polls this time around, only this particular one went viral and hence the reason why you are commenting, and ChannelsTV as well.
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by Kilode1: 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2011
agabaI23:

I like what Chief Uwazurike said.

Reform quietly without giving the international community a reason to malign Nigerians.

Do you agree with No immunity for Governors or anyone but the President?
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by deezzle(m): 10:28pm On Apr 15, 2011
I will not because of the calculation/assumption of a few/majority elite based on facts, deny my conscience of voting for the right candidate.

I refuse to let the perception of the electorate (majority) based on past elections & parties style (rigging) derail me of my choice of credible candidate.

I turn my back on that feeling of "hopelessness" experienced by majority; that no matter what they do, their vote can never amount to bringing about change.

I refuse to change my mind based on political analysis and their structures towards winning the Presidential election. Still will i vote wisely even if the most competent candidate has no political structure.

No amount of preaching/brain-washing can make me accept a party that has taken us back for 12yrs even if my father were to be the candidate of such party. Knowing fully well that a Destructive means can never bring about a Constructive end.

Yes, all might not be well but a well conscience has the might to reject the status quo & embrace change.

Believing otherwise when something is right means you are part of the problem, no matter how you try to justify it.

The fact that we cannot all agree on a common goal either as youths or as a nation does not give the room for us to deny the truth.

I make bold to say i shall be voting Buhari/Bakare, keep your thoughts, advice or history 'cos it makes no difference for me.

My conscience certifies them. I have no fear if they win or not, at least my conscience will judge me right.

Even if I have boil on my thumb, i'll use my tongue.

Nigeria lets vote without sentiments
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by deezzle(m): 10:32pm On Apr 15, 2011
Eleven Reasons Why You Should Waste Your Vote On Jonathan

One, he’s the kind of president that will vote N10bn for 6 federal universities but will give N30bn for the entertainment industry. What about the health and education sectors?

Two, he’s the type of president that will vote N1.3bn for furniture in less than a year after his house was renovated for him and a similar amount spent by the deceased president on the same house? Insensitive? Selfish?

Three, he’s the kind of president that will provide intervention fund for the textile industry and less than one week later lift the ban on the importation of textile!

Four, he’s the kind of president that will increase the age of cars allowed into the country from 10 to 15 years when governments all over the world are spending billions to eliminate high carbon based carbon from the society because of negative impact on the environment.

Five, he’s the kind of president that will set up six universities premised on a silly reason that every state should have one, created additional three when all the existing ones are in a state of uselessness due to huge under-funding?

Six, he’s the kind of president that will waive and allow duty free importation of rice into the country, denying our local farmers the revenue, the support and the patronage needed for growth; all in the name of politics. Even Baba Iyabo was unhappy and could not believe that we import rice with so much local production going on.

Seven, he’s the kind of president that will consider creating an airport in each state of the federation when the existing international and local ones are in ruins and taken over by goats and cows. Please visit Kano International Airport at night and see whether you won't have to read psalm 23 for safe landing.

Eight, he’s the kind of president that will spend an entire $4.5bn in excess crude oil account in less than eight months; arguing that the account is illegal but the people have not seen anything he did with the money. Na wa oh!

Nine, he’s the kind of president that will spend N10bn or N17bn on an anniversary with nothing to write home about. Ghana spent less than N200m and the impact is still on 2 years later – I still dey vex for this one!

Ten, he’s the kind of president who under the guise of raising money for election keeps the price of kerosene and AGO at over N130. Well, it’s good for the masses. Na only no queues at the filling station una dey see?

Eleven, he’s the kind of president who will spend so much money on a carnival like campaign around the country without spending time to reflect on the number of children without shoes, without books and without food. Or are poverty stricken people no more in Nigeria?
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by agabaI23(m): 10:47pm On Apr 15, 2011
Kilode?!:

Do you agree with No immunity for Governors or anyone but the President?

I wish we will be able to handle that. The reason for the immunity is to avoid frivoulous court cases so that the executive will concentrate and do the job of governance.

I would have preferred no immunity for anyone including the president. But how many judges will be bold enough to prosecute a seating executive? It is not that they cannot but the issue is that the judges will easily be compromised with state's money.

We can start with no immunity for everyone however. We will get there eventually.

I want no immunity for anyone.

I want power to be devolved from the centre.
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by Sagamite(m): 12:06am On Apr 16, 2011
agabaI23:

I wish we will be able to handle that. The reason for the immunity is to avoid frivoulous court cases so that the executive will concentrate and do the job of governance.

Yeah, I agree.

And knowing Nigeria, if you remove the immunity, people will abuse it.

There should be a law that delays the swearing in of any sitting incumbent governor by about 5 hours and he must be present at the termination of previous term to be eligible to be sweared in for a second term.

At that termination ceremony, police can be there to arrest him and not allow swearing in for second term until case is resolved.

Any governor arrested can have the next in line in succession sweared in on a temporary basis.
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by winnepooh: 12:21am On Apr 16, 2011
These women are a total shame to their families and the human race. They deserve to die without mercy. I knew that Rivers state will be characterized by massive rigging. Its a shame inec to have allowed this grevious sin against Nigerians. What was that copper doing, pretending not to have seen this crime? and the women happily destroying the future of their children for the sake of money. God please do not forget to make them pay dearly for destroying this state. Inec please save Rivers State. God help us.
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by seal777(m): 12:37am On Apr 16, 2011
.@deezle,
U re nt alone, i second ur motion
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by Concept(m): 12:41am On Apr 16, 2011
No be only Buhari go cry for Nigeria, please get bucket I have started my own. NIGERIA when are you going to let off from the grip of self slavery. Look at the key to your problem in your hand but you refuse to use it. kai!! your condition is worse than the way I left you 12years ago, wake up!!! ani ke gbe koroba wa ekun yi le di river ogun tabi ogunpa oh.
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by EPOMA(m): 1:32am On Apr 16, 2011
[size=50pt]vote BUHARI Today for a better future[/size]

[size=50pt]vote BUHARI Today[/size]

http://www.france24.com/en/20110415-73-million-register-to-vote-in-Nigerian*presidential-elections
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by toyemz(f): 2:38am On Apr 16, 2011
@ werepeleri and cohorts
I have been following your inputs in and really feel ashamed that there are some Nigerians who would think and reason the way that you have done
i really wonder how much you have been paid to do this? i hope it is worth its while for you to have sold your name,heritance and conscience just for a few bobs.here's also hoping your future gen will not curse you.
look around you ,even the once silent countries are saying no to corruption and injustice,some are losing their lives for it.
i hope you will think because if the wrong party wins tomorrow and you jubilate,remember what you have sold to the devil,think and work out if it is worth it
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by mustashfa(m): 5:21am On Apr 16, 2011
If you really want change in this country why not vote for someone that has never stolen from public treasure and doesn't have thieves has friends. I don't want anybody to say 'i wish i know earlier i had voted Buhari'. PLEASE EVERYBODY THINK WISE AND BIG. WHERE IS YOUR CONSCIENCE
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by ncpat(m): 7:09am On Apr 16, 2011
who is to blame here,well to me, is the coppers and the security men around that polling unit, they are aware of the rigging taking place at that moment,thanks to jujufilm and i guess the person used video pen to do the coverage so coppers beware!!!
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by Kilode1: 7:56am On Apr 16, 2011
agabaI23:

I wish we will be able to handle that. The reason for the immunity is[b] to avoid frivoulous court cases [/b]so that the executive will concentrate and do the job of governance.

I would have preferred no immunity for anyone including the president. But how many judges will be bold enough to prosecute a seating executive? It is not that they cannot but the issue is that the judges will easily be compromised with state's money.

We can start with no immunity for everyone however. We will get there eventually.

I want no immunity for anyone.

I want power to be devolved from the centre.

There is no reason why we can't handle it, we don't have 1/4 brains. We underrate abi na overrate ourselves too much sometimes.

If the judiciary is independent like they should be and the police are too. If they are elected or independently appointed with constitutional protection from arbitrary firing, why can't we have them prosecute criminal governors without fear?

We can have "NO immunity", I will let the president have immunity for National security reasons. and leave his fate to the legislature.

Sensible societies have certain levels of misdemeanors that they won't necessarily remove an executive from office for. E.g: No point throwing the governor in jail for getting drunk at a party, but they should be removed for embezzlement or murder. just codify your laws sensibly.

We can also have Independent judicial reviews while they continue with their job till the judicial committee decides they have enough evidence to take them to trial, then they will have to hand over by law. If they are truly independent and appointed by voting or by the legislature with no execute power to remove them, then why fear?

BTW, we have Deputies, if the governor is facing a crime charge. I don't think "No immunity" is radical. IMO it will NEVER be worse than the chaos and ineptitude we have right now with the silly immunity we give them.

I think most cities in the USA Vote to appoint their police chiefs, they are elected officials, answerable to the people not the governor.

As Africans/Nigerians, I think part of our problem is that we are ignorantly proud, our blind pride prevents us from realizing that human beings are inherently weak, selfish and corrupt and we need to protect ourselves from these weaknesses. Until we fix that flaw in our societal consciousness, Nigeria or Africa cannot change.

I believe Europeans are more skeptical, they don't seem to believe man is inherently good, hence they implement safeguards to protect themselves from the excesses of men. We don't do that often in Nigeria. There is no reason why we should allow men to have powers when we know they will abuse it. We place men on an unreasonable  pedestal of trust and they fall every time. It is sad really.

You are right about state money. We cannot even scratch the surface or our national problem until we get deep fiscal reforms, restructure the nation, its governance and devolve power to it's smaller units -up to local councils and cities.
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by agabaI23(m): 8:09am On Apr 16, 2011
Judicial independence cannot come over night that's why I said, we can start and then go through murky waters which are surely unavoidable.

Europe went through this phase. When did they stop fighting wars against themselves?
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 16, 2011
Today I am going to do my own part in trying to save Nigeria from the clutches of PDP. Am going to cast my vote for a man I believe can bring back sanity to this country. Fellow Nigerians if you to want to see Nigeria in its rightful place  (not as the 13th most corrupt nation in the world). If you want your children to have a future in a country that can guarantee their well-being when we have passed to the great beyond then I urge you all to join me in stepping out this morning to get rid of PDP.
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 16, 2011
Isn't this same type of rigging going to happen today? Its still going to happen in that same ward and all in the SS.
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by Kilode1: 8:48am On Apr 16, 2011
agabaI23:

Judicial independence cannot come over night that's why I said, we can start and then go through murky waters which are surely unavoidable.

Europe went through this phase. When did they stop fighting wars against themselves?

This has nothing to do with war and conflict really, men will always fight wars. No matter what we do, we can't avoid conflict. I don't see permanent peace in any human future, Black, white, Yellow or Green. Conflict is part of life.

So now that we know this and agree that even other seemingly stable European societies cannot permanently avoid conflict, What are we scared of then?

We don't want to be too radical, we don't want to go too fast, for how long? What is "overnight" BTW?: 2 days? 2 years? 2 decades? 2 centuries?

I fail to see what our sustenance of the status quo has achieved since 1914, or even 1960. Our leaders had always loved the status-quo,they can't rock the boat? well, then expect no movement.

Personally, I believe Our country needs radical leadership, we are in a radical situation. Anything short of radical, and our kids will be here to deal with these same issues in 100 years, it will be an unfortunate deficit because they will have their own time-unique problems to deal with too.

EX: Nigeria had little to no oil before independence, but the issues we failed to deal with then are now combined with our Oil resource issues, further compounding our problems.

So how do you think we should start? When should we get radical?

We can/should take the conversation out of this thread, so we don't derail it.
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by werepeLeri: 10:02am On Apr 16, 2011
toyemz:

@ werepeleri and cohorts
I have been following your inputs in and really feel ashamed that there are some Nigerians who would think and reason the way that you have done
i really wonder how much  you have been paid to do this? i hope it is worth its while for you to have sold your name,heritance and conscience just for a few bobs.here's also hoping your future gen will not curse you.
look around you ,even the once silent countries are saying  no to corruption and injustice,some are losing their lives for it.
i hope you will think because if the wrong party wins tomorrow and you jubilate,remember what you have sold to the devil,think and work out if it is worth it

Do you have dung in your mouth? what have I said that warrant this imbecilic post? Which of my postings are you faulting, you mucus of a human being! Did I write that what she is doing was ok? I dont see the reason for this buffoonish tirade against me. Show me what I have written that warrants this senseless post of yours. eeediot.
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by marcus1234: 11:37am On Apr 16, 2011
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by thameamead(f): 11:41am On Apr 16, 2011
what happened to the International Observers that are meant to monitor elections, apparently they are paid $400 a day, think i might need to apply for the job, getting paid for doing absolulely nothing plus five star hotel, and a chance to visit some countries.
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by Dede1(m): 12:26pm On Apr 16, 2011
The person who uploaded this video should be arrested and flogged before being prosecuted for floating the order of IGP not to bring cell phone or camera to the polling stations.

I do not know what to make of any code against rigging of election in Nigeria. However, the act of election rigging is a political issue. I can not encourage myself to berate the ladies in the alleged rigging video for assisting election process in the jungle called Nigeria when heinous crime of fiscal rascality and crude oil bunkering are daily occurrence in the offices of privileged Nigerians.

If I should be in position to deal ruthlessly with people who have committed serious crimes in Nigeria, these ladies in video would not make my list.

My advice to those Nigerians who intend to crack their voices and split their heads about election malpractices in Nigeria is to consider the idea of disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria.
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by nduchucks: 12:44pm On Apr 16, 2011
Dede1:

My advice to those Nigerians who intend to crack their voices and split their heads about election malpractices in Nigeria is to consider the idea of disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria.

Its about time you discarded this idea of disintegrating Nigeria. We are moving forward with or without you, we are conducting the freest elections to date, with or without you, and Insha Allah, we shall become the pride of Africa once again.  Why would anyone not embrace progress, a force that positively moves humanity?.

Let me guess - you do not plan to vote today. Your self disenfranchisement is a contributing factor to the abbysmal state of affairs in Enugu.
Re: Video Evidence Of Massive Rigging! by Dede1(m): 1:16pm On Apr 16, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Its about time you discarded this idea of disintegrating Nigeria. We are moving forward with or without you, we are conducting the freest elections to date, with or without you, and Insha Allah, we shall become the pride of Africa once again. Why would anyone not embrace progress, a force that positively moves humanity?.

Let me guess - you do not plan to vote today. Your self disenfranchisement is a contributing factor to the abbysmal state of affairs in Enugu.

Ndu, you have really disappointed me. I know you are better than this ridiculous postulation. When did conduction of mere election of any sort become a measure of progress in humanity? Well, I hope your Nigeria becomes the pride of Africa but such honor should go to the countries that have already conducted universally acclaimed free election on the continent for more than thrice.

Contrary to the figment of your imagination, when compared with other former regional capital cities, Enugu remains above the line of abysmal state of affair. If you are really upbeat with the current practical joke called election in Nigeria, there should be a need to appreciate my disenfranchisement as a protest vote or lack thereof and then do something about it.

Unfortunately as the case with anything Nigeria, you have chosen to move wrongly forward without the dissenters. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari / I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo / South-South & South-East Roads Worst In The Country — FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.