Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,161 members, 7,907,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:27 AM

Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria (19258 Views)

Shekau Vows To Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano Over Self-Defense Advice / Protest In Kano Over Detained Chad-bound Russian Aircraft / PHOTOS: Vice President Namadi Sambo Visits Kano Over Terror Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Reference(m): 4:09pm On Apr 18, 2011
When some folks in certain sections of this country believe and accept the right of others to rule and determine their own future then perhaps they may become attractive and electable. We have not yet arrived there so they must return to tne school of political humility.

Pride drove him away from the ANPP, pride will not permit him to step down for Ribadu lead candidate of a bigger party. Pride will not even permit the ACN have the vice-presidency. How can such be acceptable to any. If the BB team could not build a simple internal consensus how would it have been able to build coalitions to fight corruption. There is something very wrong here.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Handsomeemmy(m): 4:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
I saw it with my eyes , they are looting and breaking into southern people shop but thank God, the soldier came and drive them away. But the city is hot now. Am in kano.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
Yes a Raba! Atleast the e-diots would ride down to Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa, etc begging for Oil Lol
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by obxddon(m): 4:20pm On Apr 18, 2011
I swear all the mallams in my area would soon see what is means to be viloent this nite wallaihi, dey would all see this nite, I swear, enuf is enuf, dem no go dey kill my people just like that again, I no send dey must die!!!
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by stagger: 4:22pm On Apr 18, 2011
johnkent:

Make we divide. Thats what we've been asking for. Please lets go our separate ways

If all these people chanting "let us divide" here on NL have been to Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia, Kosovo and other republics that fought each other after the break-up of Yugoslavia to see the himan carnage that occured, no one will be saying this rubbish.

What will be the border of the new "divided" Nigeria? Poster answer the question.

There are just a few persons creating problems for this country. They should be identified and dealt with. Followers only practice what their leaders preach.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Guyman02: 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
Jonathan must ensure that the planned Integrated Almajiri Schools works very well without being scuttled by the Northern elite who have made sure that the people are not educated and enlightened.
The average northern youth is sad and sometimes believe that the problem is as a result of the sins of kafirs 'infidels' .
The crisis in Kano is not targeted at non indigenes or christians but kano elites whom they believe have sold out to GEJs PDP.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by phreakabit(m): 4:32pm On Apr 18, 2011
Must this happen in the North every single year? I have sort of gotten accustomed to it! I celebrate Christmas and Easter, chill with my Muslim friend during the Eids, and anticipate onslaught and violence in the north every single year. I must say, it would be sad to see us break up, but if that's the only way so be it! After all, even married couples settle for divorce when all efforts at staying together fails.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by stagger: 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
johnkent:

Make we divide. Thats what we've been asking for. Please lets go our separate ways

If all these people chanting "let us divide" here on NL have been to Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia, Kosovo and other republics that fought each other after the break-up of Yugoslavia to see the himan carnage that occured, no one will be saying this rubbish.

What will be the border of the new "divided" Nigeria? Poster answer the question.

There are just a few persons creating problems for this country. They should be identified and dealt with. Followers only practice what their leaders preach.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
obxddon:

I swear all the mallams in my area would soon see what is means to be viloent this nite wallaihi, dey would all see this nite, I swear, enuf is enuf, dem no go dey kill my people just like that again, I no send dey must die!!!
My bros abeg u, dont fall in with their stupidity.
Southerners are meant for peace and kind hearted, so allow things to calm before taking laws into ur hands, Please o
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
over my dead body will any of my loved ones make a living up north even if its only place that will put food on their table cry cry cry

Guyman02:

Jonathan must ensure that the planned Integrated Almajiri Schools works very well without being scuttled by the Northern elite who have made sure that the people are not educated and enlightened.
The average northern youth is sad and sometimes believe that the problem is as a result of the sins of kafirs 'infidels' .
The crisis in Kano is not targeted at non indigenes or christians but kano elites whom they believe have sold out to GEJs PDP.

i laugh at the bolded grin grin grin
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by bisiaet: 4:44pm On Apr 18, 2011
This case is very simple if the North say they dont want Jonathan as president they can go away from Nigeria infact we will throw a big party and jubilation that finally the Nigeria cancer and demon are gone for ever BUT for them to want to impose Buhari on Nigeria I bet with my life is a lie of the Devil and any attempt for them to cross over to South to forment trouble they will regret their lives we are waiting for you may be this will the opportunity many has be waiting for for a long long time,

We have appeal to them severally, we have showed love to them severally, we have accepted them severally, we stood on the fact of one nation for so long but we can continue like this if they want to go now is the time no one is beggin them anylonger in fact they can jump h e l l. They have proven in so many occassion that they are animal and the rest of the country are ready to treat them like animal.

They can go Niger, Chad or wherever whatever Damn it. Gone are those days of thinking North are so important in fact I dont know what there existence mean to Nigeria in the first as part of Nigeria to be honest.

So you all mr North or mr buhari die hard please go away from Nigeria no one is ready to beg you again please and let us alone we no longer need you again you are just an eye sore to Nigeriayou have rule Nigeria for 38 years other tribe did not complain or riot but just for someone to rule for just 4 years you are raining heaven because is not an Hausa man you must be kidding. GEJ is the winner and willl be there till 2015. I am not ready to campaing one Nigeria again enough is enough just pack your things and leave us alone just go away from us plssssssssssssss.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Blazing99: 4:44pm On Apr 18, 2011
Zoning was instituted into the PDP manifesto in 1999 to prevent outbreak of violence and instability. That was a wise decision, that was changed for selfish reasons. Here is Nigeria without zoning, Lets enjoy it that way
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by phreakabit(m): 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2011
El Guapo:

Southerners are meant for peace and kind hearted, so allow things to calm before taking laws into your hands, Please o

Ever heard of systematic genocide / population control? I agree these animals are dumb, but what do you think they are doing?
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by obxddon(m): 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2011
El Guapo:

Southerners are meant for peace and kind hearted, so allow things to calm before taking laws into your hands, Please o

Bros, dem don too kill people, I just called my uncle and he told me that even in Sabon Gari there was trouble.These poeple are not moslems they are just animals, yesterday in Bauchi dey burnt peoples' cars because of one Police man that shot a young man, and today dem do kill close to ten southerners, Abeg leave that law thing wer D law dey wen dem dey do wetin dem dey do, How many people dem don fish out all these years, I will Go ahead Bois  are ready!!!! Tonight is the night!!!
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by bisiaet: 4:53pm On Apr 18, 2011
Zoning was instituted into the PDP manifesto in 1999 to prevent outbreak of violence and instability. That was a wise decision, that was changed for selfish reasons. Here is Nigeria without zoning, Lets enjoy it that way

Bros to be honest with you let us not bring zonning now. Zonning is irrelevant and unconstituionally is PDP mad stuffs not Nigeria stuffs because there is no where any form of forum or referedum was done as per zonning and to remind you this election was not about PDP is about individual people do not vote PDP but voted Jonathan as they believe he can do better that is all. What is oN ground is for this North to hold their peace and move on or pull out of Nigeria we are fed up of their stuffs to be frank with you. Pls dont take this personal at all and dont take IT as offense plsss. Enough is enough of these people Nigeria is for everybody and not only for the North.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by passyjango(m): 4:54pm On Apr 18, 2011
Threads like this should not be making it to the front page. Most comments are not helping but simply inciting more hate. We in the south may think we are better than the north. The fact is that we feel as much hate for them going by the comments I have seen in this thread and similar ones. The only difference is that they express their hate with action while we use senseless comments.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by uchlukez(f): 4:57pm On Apr 18, 2011
useless illiterate abokis. their lives are not better than that of cockroaches
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by jackpot(f): 4:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
Now, who is the real enemy in Nigeria?

SW, please answer?

Who is threating to pull down hell on ur SW brothers in the North?

I need answers
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Austyn316(m): 4:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
It's a pity that some certain persons are enemies of "free and fair" elections. I call upon the president to be decisive and to "deal" with all the hoodlums responsible for fomenting trouble whether in the North or in the South.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
if Nigeria divides today who will suffer?the northerners of cus.the south has oil,the west has international commerce and osun has untapped resourses,while the north,seriously writing has not got a pin apart from selling vegetables and yam.the would just wallow in more poverty,illiteracy,uncontrollable violence and vast stupidity.they cant because they all gain 4rm our commerce and resources.
A GUEST IS COMPLAINING OF A LEAKING ROOF.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
uchlukez:

Such statements make me weep for this country. Why so much tribal hatred embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by PastorOla1: 5:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
They are still living in THE DARK AGE of Nigeria, yet to wake up to the reality of A BRAND NEW NIGERIA. Thank God a New Nigeria is Here
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by MeAboki(m): 5:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
I have just logged on and not bothered to read many of the posts before me, but felt sufficiently motivated to counteract the blatant misrepresentation of the situation in Kano by the poster, who tried to give an ethnic angle to the rioting, consequently giving rise to some unsavory responses from posters with similar ethnocentric mindset like him.

Far from what what he suggested, the wrath of rioters was NOT directed at non-indigenes (there may obviously be a few exceptions) but rather against indigenous PDP chieftains: for example there were alleged attacks on the house of the Galadima of Kano (brother of the Emir), Ghali Na'abba (former speaker) and quite a few more.

There is relative calm now, but tension is still high along with a sense of insecurity, as the streets are virtually deserted.

Please do not be misled, people felt strongly disenfranchised and rightly or wrongly decided to react violently.
It will not be the first or the last to happen in this part of the country nor will it be an exception for the state or Nigeria as a whole. Political rioting is not restricted to Kano or North, it happens and has been happening in the South also.

Please let us move this country forward without resorting to ethnicity; because this and unbridled corruption is our main challenge and biggest enemy sad
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by sylve11: 5:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
mikeujoel:

Such statements make me weep for this country. Why so much tribal hatred embarassed embarassed embarassed

but . . . .aren't they stupid? cool
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
uchlukez:

Can't we just nuke them of their miseable existence ? Bloody illiterates.
jackpot:

Now, who is the real enemy in Nigeria?

SW, please answer?

Who is threating to pull down hell on your SW brothers in the North?

I need answers

I have always known an average hausa to be an enemy of the south just that my believe in one Naija has always make me to bypass their irresponsible lifestyle.they thought it was like during the military era when they will kill yorubas and nothing will happen because the military head of states were hausas.South don tear eye now and any violent up north against south will be heavily retaliated down south.We've done it in the past and we are not scared of doing it in the present or future.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by dozai: 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
Whoever is saying that there is no riot in Kano is a liar. I just called my sis who is staying there and her language is "Something terrible is happening here"she was panting when she answered the call. Said she was lucky to enter the Biafran Zone. She has not seen the husband and the kids. That we should pray for them.
May God just save them. Said she havent experienced something terrible as what she saw.

The people were chanting its either Buhari or nothing. or all of them will die
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by enomakos(m): 5:35pm On Apr 18, 2011
why is buhari not in jail yet?
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
dozai:

Whoever is saying that there is no riot in Kano is a liar. I just called my sis who is staying there and her language is "Something terrible is happening here"she was panting when she answered the call. Said she was lucky to enter the Biafran Zone. She has not seen the husband and the kids. That we should pray for them.
May God just save them. Said she havent experienced something terrible as what she saw.

The people were chanting its either Buhari or nothing. or all of them will die

Their plan is to cause trouble so that the army can take over but fck them,the chief of army staff is not an aboki.
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by ochukoccna: 5:44pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ post, it is nauseating to say Buhari is directly involved in the violent outburst up north
When Goodluck said MEND was not involved in the Abuja bomb blasts, did that make him a militant?
Prior to the elections, there was violence thus you must ask what were the security agencies doing to curtail an aftermath of violence?
I may not have interacted with Gen Buhari closely but I have had the opportunity to watch Tunde Bakare from close quarters and despite his fiery nature, he is a man of peace
Birds of the same feather ,we are told, flock together
Thus I believe Buhari has no hand in this violence
Don't hang a dog to give it a bad name
When the 2007 elections were rigged, did violence not break out in the South West including Edo?
I CONDEMN THE VIOLENCE IN ITS ENTIRETY but how come the security forces were caught napping?
What is their intelligence gathering capabilities?
Did they not anticipate something lie this happening with all the bombs that had been going off prior to the elections?
The root of this problem is not the recent elections but PDP's internal zoning estrangement which almost set Nigeria ablaze
It greatly polarised the country into pro north [Northern Elders Forum] and pro south [GEJ's camp]
Can you recall Northern youths threatening to deal with their leaders who supported Jonathan to claim PDP's ticket?
Did the security agencies take them serious, I doubt.
Protesting that CPC was rigged out is just a pretext
Blame PDP and their devilish zoning pact
If there was honour among thieves, it would never have gotten to this
GEJ's ambition and the Northern PDP elites intransigence nurtured this seeds
Non the less,STOP THE SENSELESS VIOLENCE
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by vaLasce(m): 5:49pm On Apr 18, 2011
Foolish set'f people. angry
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by aybim: 5:54pm On Apr 18, 2011
omo this one funny o ooo, all this mallam, to funny aboki WILL ALWAYS BE ABOKI
Re: Joy In Kano Over Rumour Of Military Coup In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 18, 2011
ochukoccna:

@ post, it is nauseating to say Buhari is directly involved in the violent outburst up north

When Goodluck said MEND was not involved in the Abuja bomb blasts, did that make him a militant?
Prior to the elections, there was violence thus you must ask what were the security agencies doing to curtail an aftermath of violence?
I may not have interacted with Gen Buhari closely but I have had the opportunity to watch Tunde Bakare from close quarters and despite his fiery nature, he is a man of peace
Birds of the same feather ,we are told, flock together
Thus I believe Buhari has no hand in this violence
Don't hang a dog to give it a bad name
When the 2007 elections were rigged, did violence not break out in the South West including Edo?
I CONDEMN THE VIOLENCE IN ITS ENTIRETY but how come the security forces were caught napping?
What is their intelligence gathering capabilities?
Did they not anticipate something lie this happening with all the bombs that had been going off prior to the elections?
The root of this problem is not the recent elections but PDP's internal zoning estrangement which almost set Nigeria ablaze
It greatly polarised the country into pro north [Northern Elders Forum] and pro south [GEJ's camp]
Can you recall Northern youths threatening to deal with their leaders who supported Jonathan to claim PDP's ticket?
Did the security agencies take them serious, I doubt.
Protesting that CPC was rigged out is just a pretext
Blame PDP and their devilish zoning pact
If there was honour among thieves, it would never have gotten to this
GEJ's ambition and the Northern PDP elites intransigence nurtured this seeds
Non the less,STOP THE SENSELESS VIOLENCE

Did you know it was Buhari's comment that the result was false that sparked the riot ? The point is buhari incited his people through unguarded comment.if not,why has he not come out to call them to order ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Magnus Abe Shows Dancing Steps During APC Campaign (Photos) / “What Has Saraki Done In Kwara Sef?” / Shehu Sani Advises Yusuf Bichi, DSS Boss: “Use Gloves When Shaking Politicians”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.