Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,747 members, 7,924,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 12:18 PM

Podcast Services UK - Best Podcast Editing Service - Podknows Podcasting - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Podcast Services UK - Best Podcast Editing Service - Podknows Podcasting (154 Views)

Branded Podcasts - Podcast Show - Podknows Podcasting / Podcast Production Costs - Production Packages - Podknows Podcasting / Branded Podcasts - Podcast Show - Podknows Podcasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Podcast Services UK - Best Podcast Editing Service - Podknows Podcasting by podknows: 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2021
Best podcast editing services in the UK - We Help brands & individuals talk to their customers and prospects with podcast services. Join our Podknows Podcast Network today!

Have you ever tried to draw attention to something you’re doing online? Did it feel like yelling into an empty room?

Here’s something I can tell you, having been involved in the content space for decades; getting attention is not as easy as the marketing gurus will have you believe. I go back to before the internet was mainstream.

*Cue “Back to the Future” orchestral incidental music*

Attention please! Hello??
It’s 1996. I’m working in a tiny little AM radio station (remember those?) just outside of London.

I’ve got a major ‘bit’ I want to do, and there’s a potential to pick up a show sponsor off the back of it, and bolster my reputation as a creative and forward thinking dynamic radio personality.

But I need the bit to work and we don’t have that many listeners yet.

My rivals already want me to fail, because they want my job. I can’t let that happen, and I need people interacting.

Which means I need attention. How do you get attention in a pre-internet and paid social media marketing world?

Got too much competition? Get creative!
You have to think outside of the box.

My idea was a simple one, but it worked. I’m intriguing you now, aren’t I? Read on…

Back in 1996, the only thing us radio people had to work with in terms of content for our shows was newspapers, magazines, other radio stations, TV, movies and real life.

I wasn’t allowed to use other radio stations and TV because it was seen as the competition.

Which left just magazines, newspapers and real life.

So how do you get attention for your content when you only have static media and real life to work with?

An audio drama
I got my idea one day from accidentally watching daytime television.

I was watching a ‘bit’ on one of them where someone had adopted a child that had been accepted into Harvard. I noted that the legal guardians had seen a previous episode years before where a dramatic meltdown had been played out in front of the cameras involving a drug addict mother. Long story short, this had been an ongoing hell for this kid, which had resulted in a very happy fairytale ending.

I’d decided that to get attention, I need to build a story arc of drama that people could follow.

Years ago, in the local newspapers, long before the technological distractions that people are now subjected to endlessly, everyone used to love flicking through something called ‘classifieds’. They were little adverts that you could take out for a small charge which came in a fairly bland little black and white box on the page that you could write anything inside.

Read More: https://podknowspodcasting.co.uk/

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Stop Unnecessary Harrasment / Enough Is Enough!!! � / See Why Jamb May Postponed 2021 Utme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.