Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,726 members, 7,924,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 10:21 AM

Branded Podcasts - Podcast Show - Podknows Podcasting - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Branded Podcasts - Podcast Show - Podknows Podcasting (205 Views)

Branded Podcasts - Podcast Show - Podknows Podcasting / Podcast Production Costs - Production Packages - Podknows Podcasting / Podcast Services UK - Best Podcast Editing Service - Podknows Podcasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Branded Podcasts - Podcast Show - Podknows Podcasting by podknows: 11:25am On Apr 20, 2021
In Februrary of 2001, during the ‘dot com boom’, I was working for a national digital radio station. This was a truly digital radio station because it wasn’t on DAB. That wasn’t yet a thing.

It was on Sky Digital TV, (channel 964, now BBC South) online and on search engines. Remember those?

Before Google was the internet, we also had other search engine options available, including Yahoo, Ask Jeeves, Alta Vista, and Freeserve. That was the search engine that pumped Stormlive automatically to visitors.

And that’s exactly how I quickly built an audience of one million listeners a week.

Yes, you read that quickly.

One million per week.

See, back in 2001, I knew what I was doing with audio, and was radio’s new up and coming hot property, snapping at the heels of Chris Moyles.

Radio executives were clandestinely meeting with me to try and poach me (Hi, Roger! Still really sorry it didn’t work out in the end!) and PR executives were plotting to get me in the papers.

The radio station had a suave city boy named James working the comms team. He knew someone who knew someone who knew someone who was going to arrange for me to be photographed leaving Martine McCutcheon’s West London flat.

Sadly, my then girlfriend and now ex-wife threw an absolute poop sack over the whole thing, and it got called off.

Read More: https://podknowspodcasting.co.uk/shows/
Re: Branded Podcasts - Podcast Show - Podknows Podcasting by faceland: 5:46am On Aug 21, 2021
Great, I might check it out.

Even YouTube, these days, I don't watch it, I just listen while I work.

I got into Podcast and Audiobook around 2018 and 2019.... and Thanks be to God, experimented with a first episode in 2021.
Check it out here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjScgUBRcYE

It is for (and by) upcoming African visual artist.
Enjoy!

(1) (Reply)

Few Months Used Samsung A30s For Sale With Warranty. / Fue Hair Transplant Technique / I Have Asked My Lord This Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.