Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,803 members, 7,938,396 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 03:05 AM

Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! (6777 Views)

Alleged $2.1bn Arms Deal Scam: Why Goodluck Jonathan's Silence Is Still Golden / Goodluck Jonathan: Silence Is No More Golden By Abiodun Ladepo / Anambra's Boko Haram Prisoners And Buhari's Deafening Silence - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by feelgood(m): 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2011
Did I miss it? It does appear that the 'fiery' pastor has been sidelined. Perhaps he is seeking the face of God.
Methinks he is wondering why he got himself involved in this 'dirty' politics in the first place.
I understand an Assemblies of God church in Kaduna was beheaded in this pogrom. If Pastor Bakare had a Branch Church in Kaduna,
would his church be razed and the local pastor beheaded?
Questions, questions, questions
Pastor Bakare, where art thou? Or are you not your brother's keeper?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by Odunnu: 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2011
The lieing tongued attention seeking man of God should just prophecy jor!
I take his prophecies serious!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by RICHIEBOI1(m): 4:58pm On Apr 21, 2011
I have been asking myself the same question since the fighting erupted up north. this is the same man of god that people warned about dabbling into politics.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by Micuilles: 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2011
Is it not dis same man who prophesied about the world coming to an end in the year 2000? it's amazing he got into politics in 2011 vieing for an extrimist muslim's running mate. what a loving & patient God we serve.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by meine: 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2011
^^^^
You guys should STFU must Bakare speak if he has nothing nothing to say?, You guys want him to speak so that you can hold on to his word ,label him a bad dog just to hang him. Shame on you shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by knotty(m): 8:28pm On Apr 21, 2011
this silence is ominous! it is deafeningly loud.
To speak against murder is ungodly because prophesies had to be fulfilled. did his mouth not promise us a wild wild north should Buhari lose?
it is too late to talk now let him remain silent forever.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by lastpage: 2:30am On Apr 22, 2011
@meine
Whether they should STFU or not, Pastor Bakare has a "reputation" for SPEAKING when it matters!

And it matters that he speaks now!! (His party is alleged to be inciting blood-letting on innocent "citizen-brethrens" in the North (not PDP itself o!!)
To remain silent in the face of tyrannical injustice is not only cowardly, IT IS EVIL.

What he says, is of course, his own decision.

God cannot be mocked naaa?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by comechop(m): 4:50am On Apr 22, 2011
edited
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by Nobody: 5:02am On Apr 22, 2011
Methinks he has spoken enough, unless if he wants his fake azz in jail. The fake prophet alongside a terrorist named Buhari engineered the ongoing genocide.

If his church was up north, they would have all been roasted alive as he never cared about them in the first place. Pray, tell the difference between his church and Kaduna Christians?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by wizsultan: 5:11am On Apr 22, 2011
dumb thread!!!
closed and locked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by Nobody: 5:12am On Apr 22, 2011
comechop:

He def should speak up against the violence, if for no other reason than on moral and ethical grounds. The party he represented is responsible for the violence.
As a side - I do wonder how a pastor can face his congregation after such a catastrophe. What do they say? There is nothing wrong in dabbling in politics per se - but you need some serious wisdom and direction from God before you do so. . .

Seems you've never been to a typical nigerian church. Its a place where hypocrisy, double standard, lies, pride and lots of brainwashing makes lots of money for fake people like Bakare.
All am saying is that he will go back to his gullible congregation,look them in the face and blow his lies and fake prophesies as usual.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by Odunnu: 5:37am On Apr 22, 2011
. . .and they'l resonate a 'HA-LLEL-U-Y-A-H' so deafening that even the dead would feel the impact.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by francisj(m): 5:39am On Apr 22, 2011
It really  unfortunate he didn't have a branch of his church in kd or kano ? I wonder if he can really feel or understd
what the supporters of whom his was VP to have done to Christendom in the last 5days.I wish he  had a branch
in KD or kano so that he will b told how is branch pastors family were massacre just because a  Christan won the election.
I will have wonder, how it Will b for a female member of his church to cut into 2 pieces
by brainwash religious fanatics in front of the church branch in either KD or kano,
I dint really blame him sha,
He have never understd that Bugari had a hidden mission,That Bugari is trying to use him to attain the sit of power,
When Bugari told BBC corespondent few years ago ," a Christan should vote 4 Christan & muslin should vote 4 muslin"
Any reasonable church leader will have distance himself from this religious bigot , I want be live that this silent mean praying
to GOD to put an end to the wicked excesses of this extremist : BUgari
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by ifyalways(f): 6:21am On Apr 22, 2011
Some of the replies here are off da hook,lol.

Common people,cut the guy some slack.He probably is on vacation somewhere,dealing with and accepting defeat ain't easy.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 22, 2011
Bakare fcked up big time by dining with a murderous devil like buhari. i never knew he could stoop this low to be used by buhari.

buhari merely wanted to used him as a stepping stone to get to where he want.

so the "wise" and vociferous pastor can be this foolish and dumb.

may God have mercy on his soul
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by naijangel7(f): 7:02am On Apr 22, 2011
rafhell:

Bakare fcked up big time by dining with a murderous devil like buhari. i never knew he could stoop this low to be used by buhari.

buhari merely wanted to used him as a stepping stone to get to where he want.

so the "wise" and vociferous pastor can be this foolish and dumb.

may God have mercy on his soul

Bakare and Buhari are both cut from the same cloth. While Buhari was advocating lynching, Bakare was advertising a wild, wild north. He didn't stoop low, he has always been on that level.

feelgood:

I understand an Assemblies of God church in Kaduna was beheaded in this pogrom. 

How exactly can a church be beheaded?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 22, 2011
the pastor said it will be wild wild north if buhari doesnt win and that is what it currently is ,so you see,his prophecy came to pass but why him and buhari are yet to be arrested for inciteful comments beats my imagination,anyway ,i hope ijaws dont flex their muscle only on itsekiris cos this ijaw guy in aso rock is being too diplomatic for comfort undecided undecided undecided
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by akings100: 7:21am On Apr 22, 2011
Why are you guys criticizing this man? As a Nigerian everybody is free to aspire for the Presidency. Even though he lost, that is not the end of the road for him after all it is either win or loose. Evil thrives when righteous men are asleep. I dont see anything wrong in aspiring for that office, he has alot to offer Nigerians.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:28am On Apr 22, 2011
Bakare said and i quote ' there will be wild wild north if PDP rigs'
what is happening now? he initially encouraged northerner to be ready for this violent that is going on now. What do u people wants him to say again? Everything is working as planned by him( fake native doctor pastor).
Pathetic
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by mekay(m): 8:08am On Apr 22, 2011
I was in the north during the build up to this election. None of the posters of CPC had Pastor Bakare on it. All the CPC posters had only Buhari picture. I just wonder why this pastor should associate himself with a fanatic in the name of politics. I had some respect for Bakare when he spear headed the SAVE NIGERIA GROUP in protest for GEJ to given presidential powers when Yaradua was in Saudi Arabia. But all that is gone now because he has smeared his name in the mud.

I was watching the other so called Pastor Chris on air calling for Interim govt. What the heck? Are this pastors looking for cheap publicity?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by brosd2: 8:24am On Apr 22, 2011
Fellow country men and women,
let us allow the sleeping Dog lie.
He's had enough shock already.
Peace to you all.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by Blazing99: 8:30am On Apr 22, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

Bakare said and i quote ' there will be wild wild north if PDP rigs'
what is happening now? he initially encouraged northerner to be ready for this violent that is going on now. What do u people wants him to say again? Everything is working as planned by him( fake native doctor pastor).
Pathetic

Yeah he said so. But you tell me, is it right in the first place to rig? When a government indulges in deceit, shouldn't there be consequences? This government deserves any unrest arising from the rigged elections. A pity we in Nigeria lack BALLS
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by iudoagwu(m): 8:36am On Apr 22, 2011
HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED BY NOW, HE STUCK LOW.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by texazzpete(m): 8:42am On Apr 22, 2011
Odunnu:

The lieing tongued attention seeking man of God should just prophecy jor!
I take his prophecies serious!

Just last year you were praising Bakare as a strong man of God and defending him strenuously on Nairaland.

Now he runs against GEJ and suddenly he's a hellspawn smiley

You people sef!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by juliusczar(m): 8:50am On Apr 22, 2011
Nobody should direct the responsibility of the violence in the North to CPC, PDP criminals should be blamed for it; they used public funds to buy peoples votes, used thugs to intimidate law abiding citizens,  used their farms and houses as polling station in order to rig in favour for GEJ.  The so called northern elites didn't rig because they like GEJ but with him is a sure way to free money. They are not sure of what Buhari will do to them and their ill gotten wealth. In fact CPC is the only party that can fight corruption. All these blah blah blah on CPC and violence is just a delusion and we need to grow up as Nigerians and fight corruption. The northern youths are aware of the fact that their problem lies the elites.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by seguno2: 8:52am On Apr 22, 2011
Blazing99:

Yeah he said so. But you tell me, is it right in the first place to rig? When a government indulges in deceit, shouldn't there be consequences?

Yes indeed any wrongdoing deserves consequencies within the framework of the laws agreed on by its citizens. The right consequencies is to go to court, which Buhari is now considering.

This government deserves any unrest arising from the rigged elections. A pity we in Nigeria lack BALLS

I guess the 300 dead; '000s injured and hundreds of '000s displaced are all GOVERNMENT.  shocked  shocked

I thought everyone that can use the keyboard of a computer would be a bit rational in his analysis  
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by Lynosil(m): 8:55am On Apr 22, 2011
You all should remeber that christians are supposed to be the light of the world. Its soo unfortunate that instead of you to applaud a man of God for taking a bold step you are criticizing him. In your little corner, how have you affected your world apart from talking negative abt the country, wot step have you taken to impact lifes around you this man has a passion for his country and felt that he would on that platform be able to make a change and he went ahead, the bible says that when the righteous rule the people rejoice, more xtians regardless of their vocations should come out and make a difference, its not whether you get ur aspired post that matters, wpt matters is that you made an attempt to make a difference in your world!     God is the judge, let him judge Pastor Tunde if he is wrong for the step he took, in the mean time, you should look for ways to affect your country positively and stop criticizing bold people who come out to do so!! SELAH(think on this).
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by Knight1(m): 8:56am On Apr 22, 2011
i opened like two threads begging TUnde Bakare not contest (with buhari or anyone else), cos his reputation would not be the same after. Now he's caught between the rock and a hard place, can't complain about the elections cos he knows GEJ won, can't complain about the violence cos CPC is the main culprit. i feel for him sha
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by Odunnu: 9:00am On Apr 22, 2011
texazzpete:

Just last year you were praising Bakare as a strong man of God and defending him strenuously on Nairaland.

Now he runs against GEJ and suddenly he's a hellspawn  smiley

You people sef!
I work with principles not emotions.
[s]why are you attacking me on ths forum like a Benin witch?[/s]
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by KnowAll(m): 9:19am On Apr 22, 2011
Has John Oyegun of ANPP spoken to anyone after the defeat,

Has Fola Alade of ACN or what is his name again spoken to anyone after the defeat,

Has Namidi Sambo whose party won the election spoken to anyone even thus he was at a receiving end of the dastardly act carried by over zealous CPC supporters.

why do you people want Bakare to speak, to speak about what?,  going by historical antecedents VP's from prospective parties has never spoken or were ever heard off after the elections,  why do we want to break from what has been the norm and tradition to some one's wishful thinking. He has gone back to his day job( a preacher ) like the aforementioned individuals above, his rights as a civil and free citizen of this country must be respected and I am sure when the right time comes he would share some of his experience with us.

In the interim we should endeavour to be patient and wait until such a time but for now we must respect other people's fundermental right to privacy.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by Odunnu: 9:27am On Apr 22, 2011
Those VPs are not as talkative vocal as our Prophet Bakare!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! by gonzaga: 9:36am On Apr 22, 2011
If Bakare had said: Buhari thank you soo much for the confidence reposed in me, but I think i will love to continue my  reformation from the pulpit, he would have been a hero. But the lure of worldliness will not allow the ''man of god'' utter such blasphamous words. I hope he really has something meaninful to say whenever he decides to open his God forsaken mouth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference / Army Deploys 3,500 Soldiers To Edo / Service Chiefs, Senators, Storm Katsina To Pay Sallah Homage To President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.