Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,130 members, 7,903,654 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 06:00 PM

Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. (51387 Views)

Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? / Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? / "I Was Turned On By Breastfeeding, Am I A Freak?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by tijaniifeanyi: 5:59pm On May 05, 2021
Success is not determined by amount of money you make. Being able to finish school with the background you have is a success on its own. The people with apartment and finshed houses may not be as successful as you. Just try to be comfortable and happy that is success.

5 Likes

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by damoceile: 5:59pm On May 05, 2021
Who told you majority of the people you came here to seek validation from are doing pretty good in life too.... Naija don wreck almost every able bodied youth in this country, your not the only one in this situation...

So Man up bro.

3 Likes

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by EmperorTolson: 5:59pm On May 05, 2021
You're never a failure.
God has a plan for you.
If you can struggle past higher institution all by yourself or with little help from free people.
Then, you can struggle past so many other things your heart desires.
Just have FOCUS

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by MAKABBEY(m): 6:00pm On May 05, 2021
Sit down for a minute and say "all iz well". Try to get statement of result from your skul and apply as secondary School teacher. Small small you will define who you are. And stop comparing yourself with your mates.. fingers can never be equal and inequality is what made us human being. Start to believe in yourself and most importantly get a teaching job.

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by omlueh(m): 6:00pm On May 05, 2021
You're never a Failure and can never be one, there is always light at the end of the tunnel, just strive hard and be Honest in all your dealings God Almighty who sees you in your closest must surely Answers all your Prayers and Heart Desires According to your needs. Remain Steady Fast Brother.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by queenfav(f): 6:01pm On May 05, 2021
So far you are alive, there is hope!Most of us have our stories about our days of struggles to tell.If you persist and keep working at your goals, you will have reason to smile.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by tunize(m): 6:01pm On May 05, 2021
Bros understand something you see this life we are em u don't have any mate you came alone.

Definitely you'll go alone. It's fair to look at the progress of your age group but don't get carried away or feel you're in a competition with anyone.

Rather pray to God to do urs for you becos "those your mate u nor know as dem use get money"and at the same time, your mates are dead too. So bro while looking at the success of your mates pray to God to change ur situation. I DON TALK MY OWN FINISH GBAM!

3 Likes

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by polimaf(m): 6:02pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:
First of all, apologies for any errors you may come across as I am not at the right frame of mind now.

Secondly, this post is 100% real about my life. So nothing is fake in it.

I'm a man, precisely 33 years old. I graduated from the University in 2019 at age 31. You may ask why I was still in school till that age. Well, I have realized that family/parental background matters a lot in a child's life no matter how people try to twist the fact. My family/parental background wasn't a good one educationally and financially as my parents were just petty traders and this has contributed negatively in achieving my goals and aspirations in life. With the above, you can deduce that there was no sources of funding for my tertiary education so I had to find a job after my secondary school while very ambitious about my furthering my education because I always believed in acquiring education up to university level. This led me to doing several odd jobs such as construction site labourer, security guard, cleaning, barbing, hawking, even to remove soak away and many others just to feed and see myself through school. Let me also add that @33 now, there are some jobs I can't do again because of some changes in my health system occasioned by some of the odd jobs I exposed myself to. For example, any strenuous job now is not for me as it makes me breath heavily like an asthmatic patient; any job that requires standing for long or bending down not for me due to broken waist (although these might be solvable issues but for now, I can't tell cos I have no money to visit health facility).

Moving on, while I may be thanking God for the academic success (even though the school is yet to issue me certificate) but I'm having strong feelings about myself. I feel like I have failed in life. I feel like I am a failure. My mates who got admission into university immediately after secondary school are gainfully employed today, living in comfortable apartment (built or rented), married with kids, have their own car and generally doing well. Even the ones who didn't further but venture into learning trade are doing well too. On the other hand, at 33, I have virtually nothing to show for it. Still living in one thatch house, poor, hungry and starving, no wife, no kid(s) (not even a serious girlfriend), no job, no car and nothing to show for my 33 years on earth. This is why I'm feeling like I have failed in life and it has made me to always be ashamed of myself and always trying to avoid meeting my mates who are doing well.

Also, looking at the country Nigeria, most employers recruit under 30. @33, what are my chances of
landing a good job if I refuse to forge age and go for service but collect exemption letter? What are even the possibility of getting a job as I have no capital for business? Note: between 2019 and now, I've learnt several online money making skills but yet to make a kobo out of it all. Note also: ordinarily, I wouldn't seek employment (private or government) because I'm multi talented e.g in football, entertainment or business but these talents need money to develop which is what I'm lacking.

My questions:
Please what do you all think? Do you think I have failed or I'm a failure in life? What is the future holding for me? As at today, the only thing I can boast of is "I am a graduate". Nothing more...like I said, poor, hungry and starving.

Help me with good pieces of advice please before my mind begins to consider evil as fastest way of making money. Thanks.
You're only 33... knock that thought off
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Olarewaju89: 6:02pm On May 05, 2021
Illuminatiship:
O you are a fool

That's harsh

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by fk001(m): 6:02pm On May 05, 2021
All I see is someone that has the zeal to succeed but is confused about how to achieve it. Bro you just need a mentor.

Just find a mentor and tell him that he should mentor you and show you the way, you are willing to work for him for free till you learn and become a professional on what he is doing.

Look at your vicinity and find one.

It could be a trade, tech, business etc

4 Likes

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by owoflow247: 6:02pm On May 05, 2021
You are not! But there is demonic agenda ( generational curses), you need to break loose from it first and the only way is to genuinely connect to JESUS. If you can, pls call me and let's pray to the God of Heaven for Help. 08134068662 - Bro. Henry
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by JohnNgene: 6:03pm On May 05, 2021
Hmmm... This life eh.

I will be 33 this year and I feel like a failure too maka chi.

It's not easy to be rich legally but I'd rather be poor than do evil to be rich.

May God help us to be patient and trust Him nwannem.

Let me also add something else biko.

Try your best not to lose your joy and slip into depression. Depression is an illness that kills slowly.

When you wake up in the morning, say this with a loud voice: "THIS IS A DAY THAT THE LORD HAS MADE FOR ME. I HAVE ARISEN AND I AM GLAD IN IT."

After that, force yourself to smile. Pretend to be happy while saying these next words:

"I AM HAPPY!"
"I AM HEALTHY!"
"I AM A SUCCESS!"
"I AM A BLESSING!"

You can add other positive affirmations you like. You could look at yourself in a mirror while saying it. Do it every morning. You could also do it again in the night before you sleep. Don't miss a day.

WhatsApp me on 09095000603 let's encourage ourselves.

5 Likes

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by spinna: 6:03pm On May 05, 2021
You must shed all these negative thoughts and emotions because they are the thing that makes men fail.. as a man thinks in his heart so is he.

At 33 you are in your prime.. stay positive and pray. You can achieve much if you think deep and work smart. Wish you the best

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by MichaelsHope(m): 6:03pm On May 05, 2021
If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the journey of life.

Bro, rest assured that things will be fine.

Be close to God.

Change your mindset.

Change your orientation.

Be positive.

All Will Be Well..
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:03pm On May 05, 2021
Consider skills that involve sitting in front of a computer.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:
First of all, apologies for any errors you may come across as I am not at the right frame of mind now.

I'm a man, precisely 33 years old. I graduated from the University in 2019 at age 31. You may ask why I was still in school till that age. Well, I have realized that family/parental background matters a lot in a child's life no matter how people try to twist the fact. My family/parental background wasn't a good one educationally and financially as my parents were just petty traders and this has contributed negatively in achieving my goals and aspirations in life. With the above, you can deduce that there was no sources of funding for my tertiary education so I had to find a job after my secondary school while very ambitious about my furthering my education because I always believed in acquiring education up to university level. This led me to doing several odd jobs such as construction site labourer, security guard, cleaning, barbing, hawking, even to remove soak away and many others just to feed and see myself through school. Let me also add that @33 now, there are some jobs I can't do again because of some changes in my health system occasioned by some of the odd jobs I exposed myself to. For example, any strenuous job now is not for me as it makes me breath heavily like an asthmatic patient; any job that requires standing for long or bending down not for me due to broken waist (although these might be solvable issues but for now, I can't tell cos I have no money to visit health facility).

Moving on, while I may be thanking God for the academic success (even though the school is yet to issue me certificate) but I'm having strong feelings about myself. I feel like I have failed in life. I feel like I am a failure. My mates who got admission into university immediately after secondary school are gainfully employed today, living in comfortable apartment (built or rented), married with kids, have their own car and generally doing well. Even the ones who didn't further but venture into learning trade are doing well too. On the other hand, at 33, I have virtually nothing to show for it. Still living in one thatch house, poor, hungry and starving, no wife, no kid(s) (not even a serious girlfriend), no job, no car and nothing to show for my 33 years on earth. This is why I'm feeling like I have failed in life and it has made me to always be ashamed of myself and always trying to avoid meeting my mates who are doing well.

Also, looking at the country Nigeria, most employers recruit under 30. @33, what are my chances of
landing a good job if I refuse to forge age and go for service but collect exemption letter? What are even the possibility of getting a job as I have no capital for business? Note: between 2019 and now, I've learnt several online money making skills but yet to make a kobo out of it all. Note also: ordinarily, I wouldn't seek employment (private or government) because I'm multi talented e.g in football, entertainment or business but these talents need money to develop which is what I'm lacking.

My questions:
Please what do you all think? Do you think I have failed or I'm a failure in life? What is the future holding for me? As at today, the only thing I can boast of is "I am a graduate". Nothing more...like I said, poor, hungry and starving.

Help me with good pieces of advice please before my mind begins to consider evil as fastest way of making money. Thanks.

Qiuckone.

My landlord gained admission,29, graduated at 36(law) married at 39... Today he's a success. I stay in his house

6 Likes

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by richmond500: 6:03pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

u are a failure, a very big failure, like if there is 1st class and second class upper, then u are a 5th class deeper.

But life happens to everyone and most of us learn things very late in life and the good thing is that u have look back and has cried.
.Now, get up, get motivated, get disciplined and start doing something cos if u don't, u will still come here and ask if u are a failure at 43.

Thomas Edison failed 1000 times in his lifetime, Dashrath manjhi moved a mountain after working for 22yrs of his life.
Elon musk after withdrawing all his money, he would have spent it on houses, cars and babes but he didn't. Today he is the owner of Tesla.

They were dedicated, they didn't ask if they were failures rather they worked and are celebrated today
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by femi4: 6:04pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

You might not be where you ought to be, but you are better than those living under the bridge already in their 40s

Run your race, don't let those ahead of you put you in depression. You are now a graduate, that means you are preparing yourself for the forthcoming opportunities.

This is the time for you to be positive cos breakthrough is just on the way. Forget girls for now, this is the time break free from the chains of poverty.

Try your hands in teaching, age isn't a barrier there, develop good relationship with great minds and from there , you move up the ladder to better career pathway
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by darichlife: 6:05pm On May 05, 2021
Brother I think I am in a better position to talk to you as I also in the same bracket with you. First I want to ask you a question. Are you living by your power? Do know someone in their 40s are still registering for Jamb? So many of your mates who gained admission with you and graduated don't have jobs yet, so many of your mates still live With their parents and are jobless but not hopeless. They encourage each other and see tomorrow as better than yesterday.

Now question two? Do you waste money on gambling, women, smoking weed, cigarettes and hangout with people who don't inspire you or motivate you to become better, because if you stay with lukewarm people they will kill your fire as anything that goes inside the fridge becomes cold and anything that goes into fire becomes hot.

Please you need to check and change your circle fast as you are on the move to your 40s. God still have a lot in store for you please remember that if you can sit a day or two thinking out about a plan that cannot fail you won't be lamenting by the end of this year.

Brace yourself delay is not denial, the fact that you have agreed that something is wrong proves that there is certainly a solution.

Get rid of the rat race mentality and focus on your journey for you came alone and your time wil definitely come believe.

If you need anything let know.

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by otuomasirichi: 6:05pm On May 05, 2021
Stupid nonsensical question and answers

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by peelz: 6:05pm On May 05, 2021
First of all, Thank God for life and ask for God's forgiveness. Noone is a failure and ther le is always a reason behind everything he might be saving your soul against something that might have took your life long time ago.

Morealso, dont stare at people above you, think of people that cant even afford the degree you jst concluded, people with no eyes or other things and be grateful for all that he gave.

Finally, if you're a Muslim wake up at night and talk to God personally tell him your needs and wishes. Otherwise as a Christian pray in the most precious way you know to him.

Be happy even if youre not. Keep pushing and never quit, apply for jobs and meet new positive people, there is light at the end of every tunnel.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by jaxxy(m): 6:06pm On May 05, 2021
First of all ure not a failure. U just achieved Smtn many don’t achieve without resilience and determination looking at the obstacles b4 u bt u came through, so I celebrated u.

To move forward u need to have a plan, a very good plan, probably have a planA, B and C and be very organized.

Read certain books aswell, personal development books this will teach u and give u the needed direction to achieve u goals in the shortest possible time if u follow it exactly.

As long is ure educated there are many things u can do if u know how to gather the right information and use it the right way. I will stop here for now.

I love u passion and determination. Do not be discouraged.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by mako007(m): 6:06pm On May 05, 2021
Preciousgirl:
Call me
how ma’am?
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by odaniel1(m): 6:06pm On May 05, 2021
The better you realize that being alive is better off than being DEAD, the better for you.
Asl yourself, those who made it and met an abrupt end especially a short-lived one. To what gain is it? Ask yourself that again and see...

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by nosagold(m): 6:07pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

"For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." - 2 Corinthians 10:12

Just in case you feel cast down, I know Someone who can promote and cast down. He's the one who has the manual for your life. His name is Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by tunary(m): 6:07pm On May 05, 2021
EXLOVER:
If you're trying or doing something you're not a failure, you're a failure if only you're doing nothing about your situation.

We are in a digital world now, you can make money through your phone or laptop (Crypto, Freelancing, Affiliate marketing, Forex etc), just be smart in life, it's not too late to rewrite your story, forget wife or children now, build yourself.

They are billions of dollars flying on the air, money is around you but you're blind to see it, i wanted to go into fraud myself, but i gat conscience, my mates are making it legitimately, don't be deceived that the only way to make it in Naija is through fraud (lies).

In Conclusion,

Don't dress like your condition, dress smart, be social, meet people, be in the right circle, spray better cologne, build a good relationship and drink water always, exercise yourself, at 33 you shouldn't be having body pain like a 60years old when you bend, that is the only thing you should be worried about.

If you find my advice annoying I'm sorry, i have been smoking marijuana since afternoon, it's cold in here.

Thank you for the advice

Bless up
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by SimplePlan34: 6:08pm On May 05, 2021
Why is it day it is faliures day live long
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:08pm On May 05, 2021
Enough of your encouragements and motivational speeches, Nairalanders.

That brother needs money.

Only a major bank alert or a job referral can change your story, OP. No jokes.

Someone is hungry and has no hope of where the next meal will come from, and you are telling him to learn a skill? How will he pay for it? Learn this, learn that. LOL. How hypocritical.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by SKYHIGHfx: 6:09pm On May 05, 2021
Do u know how to trade the financial market, pls learn it and pay yourself for life....
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by TwitAppy: 6:09pm On May 05, 2021
Bro, your story is touching though nothing spoil.

First my answer to your question is Yes but it's not too late or over yet and NO you are not a failure.

You got it wrong somewhere some years ago when your parents couldn't afford to pay your school fees, or for your admission into the university that point was where your mistake started.

Cos at that time what you should have done was go into entrepreneurship.

But You went on believing in salary, and school.

School now is a major scam while job is a junior scam.

And you went ahead with ur mistakes when you went back to school, all the money you spent looking for admission and the money you spent paying school fees buying handouts etc could have been used to set up a little business.

One it would have saved you some of the injuries and ailments you are suffering now.

Gone are the days when education is the key to securing good jobs, now education is just a key to joblessness and depression.

Bro. Forget all what your professors thought you in school and look for one small boy that has great talent in craftsmanship and learn from him e get why.

You can join twitappy.com for more advice.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by OkCornel(m): 6:10pm On May 05, 2021
@whiteruler, you’re not a failure, unless you accept you are.

You have a good attitude, and the drive to succeed. That’s the foundation that really matters.

Now you have to look within yourself, know thy self. Understand your strengths and talents that can solve widespread problems in your environment. That’ll be your launchpad to success and fulfilment.

You’re not a failure bro, you’re a work in progress. No one judges how delicious a pot of soup is when it’s cooked half way.

Your story will have a beautiful end. Don’t give up, keep pushing and most importantly... let the Spirit of God also lead you too.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Annajapheth: 6:10pm On May 05, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
Without reading I label you a failure !!! For the fact you need the validation of total strangers says it all

You are weak and mentally immature totally unfit for any leadership position

Words have power u know... saying this to u could be normal but ur words can lead to depression, and then suicide. Be careful with ur words bro..

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Pictured Breastfeeding His Newborn Baby. Is This Healthy? / Must I Befriend My Husband Mistress Before There Will Be Peace In My Home? / The Son My Late Dad Had Out Of Wedlock Locked My Mum Out Of Our House, Pls Advis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.