Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,794 members, 7,938,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 01:29 AM

Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. (51533 Views)

Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? / Am I A Bad Friend For Doing This? / "I Was Turned On By Breastfeeding, Am I A Freak?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by SimplePlan34: 6:11pm On May 05, 2021
nosagold:

"For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." - 2 Corinthians 10:12

Just in case you feel cast down, I know Someone who can promote and cast down. He's the one who has the manual for your life. His name is Jesus.

Why it foolish Jesus never help am since
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by bubbaGambino: 6:11pm On May 05, 2021
You are not a failure bro. Life happened to you. Things will fall in place. Just keep pushing.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Olarewaju89: 6:11pm On May 05, 2021
My brother, try and visit hospital and prison then thank God for the gift of life.

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Olarewaju89: 6:12pm On May 05, 2021
[quote author=SimplePlan34 post=101410823]

[s]Why it foolish Jesus never help am

since[/s]

Have you take your evening medicine

Who told you to come out?

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 05, 2021
Dear poster, first of all let me start with something you said about your breathing. When you exert yourself you said you get short of breath and struggle like an asthmatic. Your age means Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease is unlikely. But I still suggest you go for blood tests. Check you Full blood count, BNP (for heart failure) , Alpha1-antitrypsin, any cough? Is it clear? Any swelling anywhere? and finally, look for a place to do spirometry to check your lung function.

Secondly, life is short, do not compare yourself to other people. You are running your race at your own pace. You can start a business now. As your health is not optimum I will suggest a minor effort trading. You can buy and sell. Not just online. I will suggest fashion for men. Buy trending apparels, market them. Do not just sit there and hope to sell. Use your online platform to market. Have a shop if you can afford it.
Third, open a dry cleaning service. If you can raise funds to start that, keep at it. When one shop starts doing well, open another. Set a target for one shop per year.
Above all, pray. Jabez prayed and God heard him. Pray, call on God, He is merciful. If he chooses to bless you, that’s all your struggles done.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Annajapheth: 6:13pm On May 05, 2021
Dear op, I feel and get ur pain, remember one thing u are not and can never be a failure..I admire ur struggle towards life and will advice u to draw closer to God to help u find ur path...don't relent on working hard cos ur labor will surely pay off with God by ur side...he turns the impossible to possible...seek God to guide u and lead u...op God hears u...
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Bintexy(f): 6:13pm On May 05, 2021
Why not get a job and save up capital for whatever you want to venture into.

If you want to live long, stop comparing your lives with others because your mates are in the mortuary/graveyard as we speak.

Evil has consequences, stay away from anything evil because regret is always the end point.

For now, go to a good restaurant around you and offer to help them by working for free. You will sort the issue of hunger and meet new people you can talk to about job or business.

Lastly poverty and pride na bad combination, be humble.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by ehionlinetradin: 6:14pm On May 05, 2021
This quote aptly captures my thoughts on your post.
Note also that you need not only see those of your mates that have "made it", can you see those "you have gone ahead of?". Think deep. Equally, life race is individualistic, not one of comparison, though most African household trained their children to always see their mates that are better. Which in the real sense is meant to motivate the child, but later in life affects the pysche of the person. Religion wise, when you remember all you have achieved, which in your eyes is only being "a graduate" you will learn to be grateful and give thanks. Many of your mates have died, many are lost, many have this or that they are battling with, you have life, be grateful, be optimistic, be forward looking. It might be difficult and easy to type for many of us, but in truth that is what you need to be, if not depression, etc would set in. Cheers
boriswole:
Life is not a fair race. It is not the person that started first that will win. There is still a high possibility that you will be more successful than your friends that graduated 10 years before you.

Focus on working hard and fixing your health. Whenever you wake up, thats your own morning. Run your own race.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by justmi1: 6:15pm On May 05, 2021
Bro you are only seeking sympathy, who set the age for success?

Don't look at your peers, look at your situation and decide if you want to change it or not.

You are alive and healthy, the sky is your limit, just don't give up on yourself and avoid public validation.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Afolashade00(f): 6:15pm On May 05, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
Without reading I label you a failure !!! For the fact you need the validation of total strangers says it all

You are weak and mentally immature totally unfit for any leadership position

That's harsh! No matter how strong we are, we need encouragement sometimes because our spirits gets tired and we need to refuel. Kindly read again, he isn't seeking validation but encouragement.
He has done alot to climb the success ladder the only thing is that he awaits his day of transformation just like everyone of us do.
How will you feel? If you're 33 and you experience all of that. He is strong man, I repeat he is a strong man.
To the man going through all these, I pray for breakthrough for you, your life will become meaningful beyond expectations. I feel teary, I don't know what tomorrow looks like but I know the one who owns tomorrow, please don't give up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by DrLivzy(m): 6:16pm On May 05, 2021
Your failure is simply the way you think. Apart frm that, u ar very up with life
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Nyanabo(m): 6:16pm On May 05, 2021
Hello Sir, I'm not here to castigate you for how you feel about your self. But I leave you with this. Whatsoever a man thinks in his heart, that's is what he is. Listen sir, people might call you a failure, but trust me you haven't failed if they do.

But the moment you open you mouth and call you self a failure, then you are a failure. This philosophy does not only apply to the Christian religion, it applies to all other religions and free thinkers.

Also stop comparing yourself with your mates, it would only bring you down faster. Remember in life everyone moves at their own pace and must surely get to their destination. Some walk, others crawl, some run, some take the stairs and others use the elevator.

Sir, you are not a failure, I would encourage you to keep working hard so you have a better life for your children.
I leave you with this 'Expectation is the mother of Manifestation'
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by SimplePlan34: 6:17pm On May 05, 2021
[quote author=Olarewaju89 post=101410856][/quote]

Jesus defender answer d question why has Jesus not helped him
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by SimplePlan34: 6:17pm On May 05, 2021

Jesus defender answer d question why has Jesus not helped him
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by SimplePlan34: 6:18pm On May 05, 2021

Jesus defender answer the question why has Jesus not helped him
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Newbielearner(m): 6:18pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:
First of all, apologies for any errors you may come across as I am not at the right frame of mind now.

Secondly, this post is 100% real about my life. So nothing is fake in it.

I'm a man, precisely 33 years old. I graduated from the University in 2019 at age 31. You may ask why I was still in school till that age. Well, I have realized that family/parental background matters a lot in a child's life no matter how people try to twist the fact. My family/parental background wasn't a good one educationally and financially as my parents were just petty traders and this has contributed negatively in achieving my goals and aspirations in life. With the above, you can deduce that there was no sources of funding for my tertiary education so I had to find a job after my secondary school while very ambitious about my furthering my education because I always believed in acquiring education up to university level. This led me to doing several odd jobs such as construction site labourer, security guard, cleaning, barbing, hawking, even to remove soak away and many others just to feed and see myself through school. Let me also add that @33 now, there are some jobs I can't do again because of some changes in my health system occasioned by some of the odd jobs I exposed myself to. For example, any strenuous job now is not for me as it makes me breath heavily like an asthmatic patient; any job that requires standing for long or bending down not for me due to broken waist (although these might be solvable issues but for now, I can't tell cos I have no money to visit health facility).

Moving on, while I may be thanking God for the academic success (even though the school is yet to issue me certificate) but I'm having strong feelings about myself. I feel like I have failed in life. I feel like I am a failure. My mates who got admission into university immediately after secondary school are gainfully employed today, living in comfortable apartment (built or rented), married with kids, have their own car and generally doing well. Even the ones who didn't further but venture into learning trade are doing well too. On the other hand, at 33, I have virtually nothing to show for it. Still living in one thatch house, poor, hungry and starving, no wife, no kid(s) (not even a serious girlfriend), no job, no car and nothing to show for my 33 years on earth. This is why I'm feeling like I have failed in life and it has made me to always be ashamed of myself and always trying to avoid meeting my mates who are doing well.

Also, looking at the country Nigeria, most employers recruit under 30. @33, what are my chances of
landing a good job if I refuse to forge age and go for service but collect exemption letter? What are even the possibility of getting a job as I have no capital for business? Note: between 2019 and now, I've learnt several online money making skills but yet to make a kobo out of it all. Note also: ordinarily, I wouldn't seek employment (private or government) because I'm multi talented e.g in football, entertainment or business but these talents need money to develop which is what I'm lacking.

My questions:
Please what do you all think? Do you think I have failed or I'm a failure in life? What is the future holding for me? As at today, the only thing I can boast of is "I am a graduate". Nothing more...like I said, poor, hungry and starving.

Help me with good pieces of advice please before my mind begins to consider evil as fastest way of making money. Thanks.

You're missing one thing: Why are you still alive?

We have people doing excellently from 18 or lesser, and they didn't live to see today. No mockery intended.

If you can find out why you're still alive, you would discover that your greatest limitation has been you. I can't write too much.

Imagine someone that defied the odd in his family and completed his university, here lamenting in live's University?

My recommendations:

Set a five year goal.

Your goal can revolve around:

Spiritual growth

Mental unlearning and reconditioning

Physical fitness and herbal rejuvenation

Networking

Market Value

Tell yourself, you'll probably start a relationship in five years time (it's the least important in all you wrote up their)

Utilize the compound effect.

I wish I have the time to explain how to go about the five goals, and what they mean.

But I recommend this book: The compound effect by Darren Howard.

You can mention me. I'll send you my contact and delete it afterwards. Where you haven't made money online is the unbelievable part for me. Are you saying non of your talents is marketable online?

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 05, 2021
U only feel ur a failure if u agree to that...u can do age declaration and go to service...u still can make it at this age...God help you
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by od501: 6:20pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:
First of all, apologies for any errors you may come across as I am not at the right frame of mind now.

I'm a man, precisely 33 years old. I graduated from the University in 2019 at age 31. You may ask why I was still in school till that age. Well, I have realized that family/parental background matters a lot in a child's life no matter how people try to twist the fact. My family/parental background wasn't a good one educationally and financially as my parents were just petty traders and this has contributed negatively in achieving my goals and aspirations in life. With the above, you can deduce that there was no sources of funding for my tertiary education so I had to find a job after my secondary school while very ambitious about my furthering my education because I always believed in acquiring education up to university level. This led me to doing several odd jobs such as construction site labourer, security guard, cleaning, barbing, hawking, even to remove soak away and many others just to feed and see myself through school. Let me also add that @33 now, there are some jobs I can't do again because of some changes in my health system occasioned by some of the odd jobs I exposed myself to. For example, any strenuous job now is not for me as it makes me breath heavily like an asthmatic patient; any job that requires standing for long or bending down not for me due to broken waist (although these might be solvable issues but for now, I can't tell cos I have no money to visit health facility).

Moving on, while I may be thanking God for the academic success (even though the school is yet to issue me certificate) but I'm having strong feelings about myself. I feel like I have failed in life. I feel like I am a failure. My mates who got admission into university immediately after secondary school are gainfully employed today, living in comfortable apartment (built or rented), married with kids, have their own car and generally doing well. Even the ones who didn't further but venture into learning trade are doing well too. On the other hand, at 33, I have virtually nothing to show for it. Still living in one thatch house, poor, hungry and starving, no wife, no kid(s) (not even a serious girlfriend), no job, no car and nothing to show for my 33 years on earth. This is why I'm feeling like I have failed in life and it has made me to always be ashamed of myself and always trying to avoid meeting my mates who are doing well.

Also, looking at the country Nigeria, most employers recruit under 30. @33, what are my chances of
landing a good job if I refuse to forge age and go for service but collect exemption letter? What are even the possibility of getting a job as I have no capital for business? Note: between 2019 and now, I've learnt several online money making skills but yet to make a kobo out of it all. Note also: ordinarily, I wouldn't seek employment (private or government) because I'm multi talented e.g in football, entertainment or business but these talents need money to develop which is what I'm lacking.

My questions:
Please what do you all think? Do you think I have failed or I'm a failure in life? What is the future holding for me? As at today, the only thing I can boast of is "I am a graduate". Nothing more...like I said, poor, hungry and starving.

Help me with good pieces of advice please before my mind begins to consider evil as fastest way of making money. Thanks.

Dear op, in ad much as I appreciate your effort to make it through an honest means, to slap you just dey hungry me like this. Why call yourself a failure when you still have something in your brain. I think your problem comes from tour narrative, you have to change your narratives to life.

So, at this stage of your life you still regard marriage as an achievement? My brother, change your thinking and your approach towards life will change. Nevertheless, visit a spiritualist, but never delend on them, it is a good place to start. Still have stuffs to say to u shaa, but start with those.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by richnankar1: 6:20pm On May 05, 2021
My brother, believe in God and your yourself.
Remove 10 years from your present age, and add 30 years to your present age, you will discover you have not started life.
Some of your mates are dead, some are still struggling to get to school, some will think of going to school at age 40.
Get something doing, don't wait for job, start a little business, dream big connect with like minds, develop a plan for your life and set dateline for it and pursue it and you will be amaze at the results you will achieve in a short while
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by oyejideogunjumo: 6:21pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

You are not a failure except you accept you are.
Life is not the same for everyone.
You may not be able to get government job but God can provide you a better job and you can think of how to settle your self up.
One thing though.
,Move closer to God in prayers and live a holy life.
Stop looking down on yourself but look up to God and a better future.
It is not over yet because with God all things are possible
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Olarewaju89: 6:21pm On May 05, 2021
SimplePlan34:

Jesus defender answer the question why has Jesus not helped him

Go back to house and take your evening medicine first then come back and i will answer you. Ode undecided

Your mother dey call now.

Ode
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Hausa(m): 6:22pm On May 05, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
Without reading I label you a failure !!! For the fact you need the validation of total strangers says it all

You are weak and mentally immature totally unfit for any leadership position
Because it's Nigeria and nairaland?
Sounds like you're not as exposed as advertised.

Why?
You've never visited Reddit, or you don't explore the other side of Twitter.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 05, 2021
u are not alone bro all my childhood close friends are better than me some didnt even go to school but they are doing better than me the funny thing is i was the most talented during our school days
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Legendguy(m): 6:24pm On May 05, 2021
neyohh:
Find a way to get out of Nigeria. Apply for a graduate course abroad, find someone to borrow you their statement of account as prove.

Japa.
How is that possible for someone to borrow you his statement?
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by optimistic0001: 6:24pm On May 05, 2021
Never let depression get to you, your case is not different from me, I also saw myself through school, graduated and could not go for service due to age, lived in a one room without anything, but got a job few months back, and now building my own house and doing fine for myself. Never loose hope, just one day, God will change your story, just one job or one business, your entire life will change for good, you may even be more successful than the people you envy today. Keep your spirit high and continue to push and struggle.

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by emifunrami: 6:24pm On May 05, 2021
Believe me you are not a failure. If you can become a graduate despite the odds you faced. You have all it takes to make a success of the rest of your life.

Don't ever compare yourself with another person. No 2 people on earth have exactly the same destinies. That's why our fingerprints are never the same.

Believe in God as your creator who has a definite purpose for your life. Pray that he will reveal and help you fulfill it

Be honest and never consider anything criminal. That is the surest way to ruin your life.
Learn new skills and more relevant skills that is you preparing for the right opportunities. It will come your way very soon. You are a failure only if you think you are. Age is nothing but a number.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by phorget(m): 6:25pm On May 05, 2021
Phorget your status as a graduate and learn to hustle like a drop out. Nigeria education system ain't worth nothing and it will interest you to know that most people making it out there don't get to tow the line of whatever they read from school.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by jbbalarabe(m): 6:25pm On May 05, 2021
You are not the only one in such situation in nigeria many are with you. But you being a failure is not true , you are far from being a failure with what you have been able to achieve in nigeria, you are not a thief or a criminal and you are hard working from whay you have wrote just be patient and keep on trying your story will be a reference point. God is not man and he sees it all don't and never consider yourself a failure from the story you narates Your time is very near...
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by teeshet: 6:26pm On May 05, 2021
Romanoff:
Nope. You're not a failure.

Your ambition and all you did to our secondary school mates your comparing yourself with have different destinies and who is to say you won't even overtake them tomorrow.

I'll suggest you learn a trade.

But you have to keep you age aside and be willing to learn.

If it's to be an apprentice at an electronics shop, provision shop, printing house, Betting shop etc.

From there, Oga can be giving you small stipends while you learn the ropes. I don't know if those Ogas still settle their apprentice but I assume they still do.

Another option is to look for a school you can teach in, no matter how small the pay, it is a starting point.

Some starts are very tough and rough but the end will make you forget all you went through.

Know that them no dey catch late comer for heaven for who last to marry, get job or born pikin. Like na per head.
God will bless you.
You just reechoed my mind.
Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by HottieCoach(f): 6:26pm On May 05, 2021
What is success to you?

WhiteRuler:

My questions:

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Arrowss(m): 6:27pm On May 05, 2021
WhiteRuler:

My questions:

Gentleman, you have not failed, ur case and mine is very similar, for instance, I'll be with school at 31, and other parts of ur life with mine seem similar too, the diff between u and is that my faith is stronger, now, in a case like this, what you will do is, sit one night, and talk to God as if you are talking to some one you can see, and be very sensitive, he will show you the way.
Trust me, tell him your problem humbly asking for solutions.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. by Layk(m): 6:27pm On May 05, 2021
My brother, you are never a failure. God has a lot in store for you. You cannot imagine what the future holds for you. You can still make it. You are still very young, never look at your age.

Look at the life of the current president of Liberia. In spite of all hindrances and delay yet he achieved his dreams.

That thought in your head now is not from God, devil is the orchestrator to confuse your life. God has a good plan for your future (Jer 29:11). You can overtake, take charge and be happy in life.

The following tips will help you a great deal:
1. Seek the face of God for direction.
God answers prayers alot. He said we should call unto him and he will answer us and show us great and mighty things we do not know.

Sometimes, we carry a lot of burdens on our head unnecessarily when there is God who cares. Talk to him today and he will answer.

2. Re-strategize and begin something.
No matter how little, start something. Bible says "and whatever he doeth shall prosper". Prosperity is for a doer. Do something and prosperity will come.

3. Maintain godly pattern. It is the Lord that gives us strength to make GOOD wealth. And the blessings of the Lord add no sorry.

4. Change some things.
You have to be deliberate. Be conscious of your outward look, thought (be positive)

With these little advise, i think I have helped.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

19-year-old Boy Impregnates Mother While Testing Love Charm / 24-year-old UK Woman Artificially Inseminated Herself; Gave Birth To A Baby Boy / Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.