Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,398 members, 7,978,265 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 01:11 AM

Wife's Mid-life Crises? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife's Mid-life Crises? (10560 Views)

About Mid-life Transition / Mid Life Crisis: Starting Allover Again. Please Comment / Men Do Have Mid Life Crisis Too? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Busybody2(f): 5:05pm On May 03, 2011
Agaba123 nailed it on the head and Cold summarised it perfectly. The woman has gotten everything she wants from the man, she has gotten her stay, etc and is just waiting for the right time to jump ship. Her Mum (correct Mama) too is helping pave her daughter's way out by telling the poor p*ssywhipped Hubby to keep giving more, lol.

Eeyah, how can the mumu Husband be claiming he cannot afford a divorce, abeg tell am to go get a Tesco DIY divorce, it costs next to nothing. This jezebel woman is gone, she is just bidding her time.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 03, 2011
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 03, 2011
suscribed
andyanders:

LISTEN, I AM A MARRIED MAN AND AT THIS POINT, YOUR MARRIAGE IS UNDER TRIAL. UNDERSTAND THIS, IF YOU HAVE BEEN HAPPILY STAYING WITH YOUR WIFE AND ALL OF A SUDDEN, YOU START HAVING MARITAL PROBLEMS LIKE THIS COME INTO YOUR HOME THROUGH YOUR WIFE, THIS SHOULD BE A SPIRITUAL ATTACK. SHE MUST HAVE BEEN SPIRITUALLY ATTACKED BY SPIRITUAL HUSBAND THAT WILL MAKE HER SEE YOU AS HER WORST ENEMY. NOTE, HER ACTIONS WERE BEEN MANIPULATED SPIRITUALLY BY THE EVIL ONE. SHE MIGHT NOT KNOW WHAT SHE IS DOING UNTIL SHE IS BEEN DELIVERED. NO AMOUNT OF GIFTS YOU GIVE HER THAT WILL CHANGE HER ATTITUDE. NOTE ALSO, DO NOT BLAME HER AND DON’T EVER ACCUSE HER. SHE IS NOT BY HERSELF SPIRITUALLY

TAKE YOURSELF TO 'SCOAN' SYNAGOGUE CHURCH OF ALL NATIONS AND THIS WILL BE OVER. IF YOU CAN GO THERE, YOUR PROBLEM WILL BE OVER AND YOU WILL SEE THE HAND OF GOD.

Best post so far - That's the cold truth there!
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Busybody2(f): 5:34pm On May 03, 2011
CC

She had to wait to get her papers, and the Hubby only just got in debt by sponsoring his Mother in law's trip, which the wifey might not even be aware of(getting into debt, that is).
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 03, 2011
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Busybody2(f): 6:07pm On May 03, 2011
CC

It is easy to deduce that if he goes broke from buying a couple of air tickets, he is doing a deadend job and is prolly an illegal immigrant, hence reason wifey had to wait for first kiddo to clock 10, of course I'm only just assuming this just as you are with the PND, etc, angle, lol.

On a serious note, the single fact that she started prancing round naked around the house the same time she introduced this sex drought means she is knowingly cooking up something in a cold, calculated and callous manner and is not afflicted with any illness jare. Hence reason Cold and Agaba's succinct take on this is the most plausible.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 03, 2011
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Busybody2(f): 6:36pm On May 03, 2011
People who hold their nose about marrying abroadian babes have serious complex issues going on and deep down desire to have a woman they can control and order about 100%, but now the table has turned and the lady is now calling the shots and she knows this. People withhold sex for mind games to exercise power and control over something/someone they know is lovesprung.

The dude bought her love as they were born in a different era, hence reason the MIL is joining in by mocking him to keep buying her love. Which kain jatijati MIL is that, usually these Mums would hurl you by the bootstraps and admonish you to remain and stay in your marital home and make it work, but this one dem don see mugu wey dem go suck dry seeing that this Hubby would not want to divorce her.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by dayokanu(m): 7:04pm On May 03, 2011
When we talk about the risks and dangers involved in importing wives from naija many think you are hating.

In this Obodo Oyinbo, No kain woman wey you dey find wey no dey.

But you hear guys with excuse like Abroadians lack respect, dem too tear eye, Dem no get culture, They are loose etc.

I can tell you one some of the most morally decadent girls I have dealt were in Nigeria Those were in the days I was still in the world before I met Ifyalways  cool. If you schooled in Naija and rocked town wella you would know say Naija girls own sef too much.

See this link which I assumed was a Naija pic

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=68433

An Abrodian would show you her colous sharp sharp while a Naijan would pretend until she has the "sword".

Importees are usually fininacially dependent for at least 3-4yrs maybe more cos of the need to get certification skill and required education to be productive

make we no derail jare. I dey usually vex when I hear stories of importees wey turn on importer

1 Like

Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by macjive01: 7:12pm On May 03, 2011
naijababe:

suscribed
Best post so far - That's the cold truth there!

I dont know how much more  u expect this man to pray and fast, he is doing so much already! He is in RCCG plus vigils with mountain of fire. These two churches are not even close to his house yet he steadfastly adhere to his strict prayer routine.
And pls don't mention tithe cos he religiously pays it as at when due.

Evil spirit ? Why can't the spirit infest the man for once let the woman be the one to pray it out ?
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 03, 2011
macjive01:

I dont know how much more  u expect this man to pray and fast, he is doing so much already! He is in RCCG plus vigils with mountain of fire. These two churches are not even close to his house yet he steadfastly adhere to his strict prayer routine.
And pls don't mention tithe cos he religiously pays it as at when due.

Evil spirit ? Why can't the spirit infest the man for once let the woman be the one to pray it out ?

Cool down o guy. Just being sarcastic
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Busybody2(f): 7:28pm On May 03, 2011
Lol, onpe before they show dem pepper, as if to say no be one day the ones wey dey hia land too, lol.

Still they will never listen, hmmm na dem sabi.

I am 100% positive, pro01 is gonna be getting his own wife from the farthest remote village he is from and cover her from head to toe in black, na wa for him, lol.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by dayokanu(m): 7:31pm On May 03, 2011
naijababe:

Cool down o guy. Just being sarcastic

Saka what?
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 03, 2011
dayokanu:

Saka what?

Saka orile agege ni tongue
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by dayokanu(m): 7:38pm On May 03, 2011
Afraid wan cash me.

Shey na the nameses of your boyfriends be dat?

Sakariawu Iyanda
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Elpieda: 10:52pm On May 03, 2011
chaircover:

oops, I missed the prancing around unclothed bit.

I hope they are able to sort something out be it with or without each other and get on with the rest of their lives. Life is way too short for all this drama.

Chair cover please can I have your email addyor could u email me at aao08b@acu.edu
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by macjive01: 3:33am On May 04, 2011
Elpieda:

Chair cover please can I have your email addyor could u email me at aao08b@acu.edu

hmm. . . . this one u re asking for email she is not the one prancing around n.aked ooh? just telling u.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by SALady(f): 8:01am On May 04, 2011
jennykadry:

It is a joke uju grin

@SA

You have a point there but what I am trying to say is this :let them try it out at home first the hard way. I want him to sit his wife down and tell her she's free to make a choice here. A choice to walk out or stay. Enough of pampering her silly because it is not helping. I am an advocate for pampering wink but not when the woman's madness goes away when he buys her something but comes back when he wants to make love to her.

If she doesn't want him let her stop taking things for him. This dude has gone out of his way to make her happy and is in a serious financial debt right now because of this and that was why I said he needs to channel his energy elsewhere, anywhere as long as it is away from spending money because it hasn't helped him at all.

@Jenny, please allow me to ask this. Is it a women's problem that her husband who is much older than her doesn't have problem solving skills? That in his old mind he thought the only way to solve his family problems is to shower wife with gifts etc. cos that's what she's good for anyway. Ask yourself who is taking who for a ride here? He knows that this is his added advantage as an older man and unfortunately he cant keep up with it.

@OP, buddy sorry but at your age you should know that there's faaaar better ways to solve marital problems, right? angry angry angry

He obviously doesn't take this women any serious thinking that pampering her is all it takes to fix her, than to give her the benefit of a rational conversation. I say he must be starved sexually to death that way he'll learn to see women for the beings that they are than toys.

Seriously guys I decided to hold back when I saw his topic, this guy really irks me up and maybe more so because he is OLD, to think that he labelled his wife at 35 as somebody who could be going through a midlife crisis, I mean what nonsense. The title of the topic tells you exactly how this guy is wired, and if you ask me this is the kind of man who should never go out with people his age, women his age will eat him alive and spew him out.

I reckon he is safe with his wife and should continue to play the father figure and pampering game, it suites him just fine.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by damola1: 9:48am On May 04, 2011
One of the reasons why Nigerian men USUALLY DIE before their wives!
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 04, 2011
SA Lady:

@Jenny, please allow me to ask this. Is it a women's problem that her husband who is much older than her doesn't have problem solving skills? That in his old mind he thought the only way to solve his family problems is to shower wife with gifts etc. cos that's what she's good for anyway. Ask yourself who is taking who for a ride here? He knows that this is his added advantage as an older man and unfortunately he cant keep up with it,

Let me ask you some questions too: Is it a man's fault that his OWN wife for 6months have refused to be a wife? is it his fault that he married a woman whose family are afer the goodies he can offer? is it a man's bloody fault that his wife should act silly even after he has pampered her silly like a true man should?

Are you married? I guess not because you thinking it is only MEN that should have problem solving abilities is enough to give me my answer. My hubby does not solve problems alone, I DO TOO and WE DO IT TOGETHER. That is what marriage is all about, the man shouldn't be the one using his brains all the time whilst the woman sits around in the house doing nothing. For a marriage to work both of them have to complement eachother with their problem solving skills and be a backbone to one another, if one fails the other should be able to take charge and help get the other person back on his/her feet. That is marriage and that is what problem solving is all about in marriage.

Why are you blaming this man? why is the man responsible for his wife actions? is she a kid? can"t she talk? is the man holding her bloody mouth? a grown backsided 35 yr old woman with kids? are you bleeping kidding me? angry

It is not about buying her stuffs. This man went out of his way to get her things just to make her happy. This guy turned himself to an "houseboy" to help relieve the stress and for 6 months is wife have refused to comeout with what exactly the problem is.

This woman is taking this man for a ride. If for 6 months she hasn"t said anything to this man at this age and time undecided then she must be a useless woman. Who is taking who for a ride here? a woman that walks about unclothed in the presence of her hubby and turns him down or better still has been turning him down for 6 months? who is playing foul here? a woman whose mother have refused to talk to her daughter but wants the hubby to keep buying her gifts?

I am  WOMAN married with kids and I will squarely tell you that man has done enough to make this marriage work,
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 04, 2011
This is what happens when one party is ALWAYS trying to solve the problem in the marriage while the other is just indifferent!  undecided
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by SALady(f): 2:30pm On May 04, 2011
jennykadry:

Let me ask you some questions too: Is it a man's fault that his OWN wife for 6months have refused to be a wife? is it his fault that he married a woman whose family are afer the goodies he can offer? is it a man's bloody fault that his wife should act silly even after he has pampered her silly like a true man should?

A big fat YES to all your questions, he is indeed a fool. As a man a woman denies you s3x for 3 weeks you SPEAK UP and by month six she should know better.  DDon'tget me wrong I am not talking about the kind of man who will hharasshis wife to get some or even go get it somewhere, am talking about am man who understands his worth, position and needs in a marriage. So I am afraid this guy is three times a fool, or maybe four because the only clever thing he could suss out of this situation is that his wife is potentially going through a mid-life crisis, @Jenny C'mon now, work with me here.

Now, fact that you are applauding this guy for getting out of his way to pamper wife when times are tough has got me giggling. I'll tell you one thing I do not believe that anyone can ever fix any problem with their partner by buying them things, In fact by my standards I find it condescending. You cannot buy problems away, you either talk to people or call them to order, simple.

Let me not forget that some people think it possible that they can buy their way out of situations, what a shame I will not have anyone invalidate me like that.

hhmmmm! so am I married?? well I suppose problem solving skills is for married people alone. That's fine I'll pass.

eerrmmm!! Jenny guy needs to grow some balls, literally

No science but we all know that this guy is lacking somewhere and would break a bank trying to make up for his inadequacies no sane, confident and complete man will stoop this low, unless he is a sugar daddy who is clinging on to a relationship by its last and fine thread.

I say let the fool go get a loan from the bank buy some more gifts, scrub floors and wash her underwear for another six month since hes so willing.

[quote author=jennykadry link=topic=657495.msg8257144#msg8257144 date=1304509467][/quote]
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 04, 2011
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by SALady(f): 2:44pm On May 04, 2011
^^^ must you always hit the nail on its head wink grin
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by realcele: 2:58pm On May 04, 2011
Am not sure what you meant by mid-life crises though but I think you are thinking for your wife instead of her asking for the root cause of her behavior. Every man believes he understand woman and some have suggested she is taking you for granted and you are thinking of infidelity and much more. Rememer at this particular age, what she wants might not be just love as you have defined, she might be worried about life as a whole while you are thinking about love and sex etc. I know people believe that is what marriage is for but I believe is more than that sex is part of it. You need to find out what is happening and keep your mind clear for a while expecially of people's opinion. A good clue for you might be to review the type of home video she is watching, you might sit with her and watch as well. That can start a good conversation if you manage it well. Remember the wife of Benny Hinn , he was throwing money and gift at her but she wanted a stay at home husband. Everyone could have asked what else does she want, a godly man etc but she particular wanted someone that stay at home more which probably might be a later life desire. My advice is to try and discover what you wife want now and not what she use to like. The funniest bit is that may you are the one that have changed in your desire and she is wondering why the sudden interest in her.  Who knows maybe you run up the bank account with other women and know you want to be stay at home man. There are one million things that could cause this behavior but am very sure you know best.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by otukpo(f): 3:19pm On May 04, 2011
mid-life crisis? No, i don't think so. Not even at that age.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 04, 2011
@SA

Good for you. Now to your own questions it is a big obese NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Obviously you were not reading my posts cos if you did , you'll see where I stated that the guy has to stop buying things for his ashi wife and sit her backside down. No hotel room no nothing infact right now that woman to me is as worthless as the shyt I shyt everyday in my toilet and deserves nothing from that man.

People are here telling him to find a way to talk to his wife and that he alone knows her but believe me that is a BIG FAT LIE. No spouse knows the other spouse too well, there are times when you think you know this person but you obviously don't.

Do we know if this is the way these couple have been living for 10 yrs? and there is no way on earth this man wouldn't have atleast asked his wife on the bed when she refused him sex the one question of ''WHY''. I have read your posts and it is all filled with cover ups for the woman.

You people think this man isn't stressed as well? you guys expect him to be a 100% perfect right? you obviously don't or better still cannot see that this dude is  stressed and it has obviously led to desperation on his part and what is your so called ''no brain to solve a problem wife do''? sit around and torment her man?

Let's say this man has messed up, what is stopping his dumb wife from correcting him? what is stopping her from opening her mouth and telling him what she wants and how she wants things done.Is it not the time for women to open their mouths and use these lines ''men are what you make out of them'' , ''men are babies that needs special training sometimes''?

[size=22pt]You know it is so hypocritical when people use lines like this 'Men are babies'' on threads where men verbally abuse their wives and call their wives names but now that it has come to a man that adores and worship the ground his wife steps on, he is now known as a complainer, a big fool, a man who does not know how to solve domestic problems, a man who instead of buying things should be busy caressing his wife on the bed of a hotel room.[/size]

Now seriously that is pathetic.

Now you wanno know that I think?(even if you don't I will still type it on here anyways. That woman to me is as cheap as the everyday gurl that stands on '''allen avenue in ikeja lagos nigeria.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 04, 2011
Ujujoan:

This is what happens when one party is ALWAYS trying to solve the problem in the marriage while the other is just indifferent!  undecided

Ofcourse, instead of two grown azz people to solve their marital problems they are leaving it alone to the guy to handle, the dude obviously has too many baggages already and they wanna add more to it? Olorun ma'je that I become a liability wife when it comes to thinking.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 04, 2011

Good for you. Now to your own questions it is a big obese NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Obviously you were not reading my posts cos if you did , you'll see where I stated that the guy has to stop buying things for his ashi wife and sit her backside down. No hotel room no nothing infact right now that woman to me is as worthless as the shyt I shyt everyday in my toilet and deserves nothing from that man.

People are here telling him to find a way to talk to his wife and that he alone knows her but believe me that is a BIG FAT LIE. No spouse knows the other spouse too well, there are times when you think you know this person but you obviously don't.

Do we know if this is the way these couple have been living for 10 yrs? and there is no way on earth this man wouldn't have atleast asked his wife on the bed when she refused him sex the one question of ''WHY''. I have read your posts and it is all filled with cover ups for the woman.

You people think this man isn't stressed as well? you guys expect him to be a 100% perfect right? you obviously don't or better still cannot see that this dude is  stressed and it has obviously led to desperation on his part and what is your so called ''no brain to solve a problem wife do''? sit around and torment her man?

Let's say this man has messed up, what is stopping his dumb wife from correcting him? what is stopping her from opening her mouth and telling him what she wants and how she wants things done.Is it not the time for women to open their mouths and use these lines ''men are what you make out of them'' , ''men are babies that needs special training sometimes''?

[size=22pt]You know it is so hypocritical when people use lines like this 'Men are babies'' on threads where men verbally abuse their wives and call their wives names but now that it has come to a man that adores and worship the ground his wife steps on, he is now known as a complainer, a big fool, a man who does not know how to solve domestic problems, a man who instead of buying things should be busy caressing his wife on the bed of a hotel room.[/size]

Now seriously that is pathetic.

Now you wanno know that I think?(even if you don't I will still type it on here anyways. That woman to me is as cheap as the everyday gurl that stands on '''allen avenue in ikeja lagos nigeria.

*standing ovation*
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by dayokanu(m): 4:49pm On May 04, 2011
Jennykadry,

It obvious you are trying to seduce me with all your comments but I wont gree.

You must come spend 3 nights for my room before I gree.

Regarding all you posted, All I can say is God Bless you!!!
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 04, 2011
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 04, 2011
1. One man calls his wife an ingrate,naughty woman,witch,goat e.t.c. Involves his mum in everything that happens btw himself and his wife.Wants his wife to stop working ,physically abused his wife and worst of all swore that he'll not make love to his wife until she goes for deliverance.

2. Second man loves his wife, not verbally insulted his wife, buys her things, cooks and cleans the house for her and gets denied sex for 6 months.

First man was called a baby and posters were made to understand that men are babies and would do anything to get a reaction from their wives. The wife was even told by you  to go for the deliverance for peace sake.

Second man becomes an ''eeediot'' ,who should go book a hotel for a weekend (untop debts oooo)and go take care of his wife. He has become a grown azz man that should know better than spending on his wife.

What am I trying to say? I only disagree with your posts and not your marriage(i have no right to do that). You and I have our homes like you said, I am not talking about your home but your posts.This is a public forum ,I can agree and disagree for as long as I like. If you don't like it please ignore my madness and move on to the next thread.

@dayo
Sharapppp the last time i was in a room with a man alone it was mainly for fasting and prayer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wife Says She Has Retired From Sex. / Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation / Advice On Verbally Abusive Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.