Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,368 members, 7,950,766 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 09:39 PM

Wife's Mid-life Crises? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife's Mid-life Crises? (10544 Views)

About Mid-life Transition / Mid Life Crisis: Starting Allover Again. Please Comment / Men Do Have Mid Life Crisis Too? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by dayokanu(m): 6:24pm On May 04, 2011
JK,

We can fast and pray in my room too. I have a big enuff bed for that
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by macjive01: 6:41pm On May 04, 2011
MEHN! U re so GOOD! I tot I had seen the best Nigeria cud possibly offer in the wisdom-filled, curly-hair-topped, soft-scalp head of CC .

What's ur name again? Jennykadry, as in Jennifer , right? Damn ! Why haven't I notice u before now?

But could u please elaborate more on what the man should do.
Steps to take ( pls no divorce ).

Shd he pay for her holiday to go with her friends ?

Shd he disown his MIL ( for suggesting such humiliating idea) ?
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by macjive01: 6:52pm On May 04, 2011
dayokanu:

JK,

We can fast and pray in my room too. I have a big enuff bed for that

Sorry man but cud u pls go sit down somewhere, can u?
Why wud u want to mk ursef  a source of temptation and distraction in this summer?
Did u not read somewhere that she is a prayer warrior ? Fasting and prayer strong as well?

Abeg free her ooh, free her from unnessary distraction, We need more of such voice in this life. A Life women now think they re the gods and men shd/ needs to b shown a "lesson". Quoting SA lady:" such men shd be sexually starved to death!"

Are men becoming endangered specie ?
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 04, 2011
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 04, 2011
Okay seriously now! A woman with 3 children and a husband who is trying everything to make her happy and all she can do act spoilt  If she goes on this so called holiday, won't their problems still be waiting for her when she gets back?

This man should probably take the holiday on his own and hopefully she'd be back to her senses by the time he gets back.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by dayokanu(m): 9:56pm On May 04, 2011
I trust omo Awori no dey tolerate nonsense
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by SALady(f): 8:31am On May 05, 2011
macjive01:

Sorry man but cud u pls go sit down somewhere, can u?
Why wud u want to mk ursef a source of temptation and distraction in this summer?
Did u not read somewhere that she is a prayer warrior ? Fasting and prayer strong as well?

Abeg free her ooh, free her from unnessary distraction, We need more of such voice in this life. A Life women now think they re the gods and men shd/ needs to b shown a "lesson". Quoting SA lady:" such men shd be sexually starved to death!"

Are men becoming endangered specie ?

'haha!! Ofcourse they must be starved to death , if that's going to be the consequence of their actions. The man in question is trying to cure a perceived midlife crisis with his blatant midlife crisis. So let him starve, No wrong fixes another wrong, simple.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by SALady(f): 9:51am On May 05, 2011
jenny, jenny, jenny Not a single sensible person is going to say YES guy is right for doing the things he's been doing to remedy his domestic problem. And by the same token no sensible person is going to say the wife is right by doing what she's been doing. I think the entire thread agrees on that. My problem here is that this guy who is knocking on 50 past midlife crisis found nothing wrong with that in the first place. Now clearly this guy has either never learned anything about his self worth in a marriage or he definitely has a shaky esteem at his age.

He must reap what he sawed because he probably married a young woman thinking he could satisfy her with everything and now chances are, the age factor is catching up and you can clearly see the advantage and power play in this marriage from both sides. I am not covering up for anyone, but just speaking my truth. I have no mercy for anyone that is capable of subjecting themselves to mediocre that's my truth, all that's happening to this man is by his own fault as he chose to be an enabler.

He cannot come here and cry foul. If he didn't like what is happening in his marriage 3 months it started why did he carry on with it six months into it?? Now it would seem this story is different because guy has been loving this for six months, BTW six months is half a year people. I know a lot of married men who'll tell their women where to get off should they pull a stunt like that. Look when you are 14 years older than me I expect to learn an awful lot from you since you've been around a while longer than I have, don't ever dream of me seeing yourself for my age mate you are OLD that's it. Unfortunately the 49 year old is not teaching anything neither is he learning anything from this, except to be the one that feeds the cancer that's eating away at his marriage.

Now let this fool carry on to his grave. It would seem to me that this has always been the nature of his relationship because after 10 years of marriage people should at least know how to communicate sensibly with each other and should have looong established boundaries. But guess what it would seem this women has been having free flow since the age of her marriage. What bloody 49 going on 55 year old wants to subject himself to such problems is beyond me. It takes a fool.

I hear you when you say you dont support what he's doing, now hear me when I say I find no excuse that he started it and carried on with it for six months, and in that case he may as well do it till death do them part. Moral of the story never start something you cannot finish, but unfortunately we have 49yr olds who dont know that, YET. Life is not a rehearsal people.

We could go on and on about how the woman should have stated her issues in the marriage, reality of the situation is that oh well she didnt and guess what? hubby went and bought gifts and slaved away in the house, wooohoo! way to go hubby!! How dysfunctional?

Moral of the story, men should learn to marry within a reasonable age group, our life partners matter most when we are old and co-dependency is paramount. When he can no longer perform like a stallion and when her eggs have turned into powder and can no longer breed. Quite frankly when she no longer hangs out with friends that are still hosting baby showers making her envious of her friends who are still getting a lot of action with their men.

This guy may as well take a gun and shoot himself for all I care this woman could be getting a lot of action out there, while he's busy scrubbing the toilet and washing dishes.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by macjive01: 10:46am On May 05, 2011
^^ ok. LITANY, right?
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by macjive01: 11:05am On May 05, 2011
SA LAdy, doesnt mk any sense going back n forth, so in your opinion other than suggesting with malicious intent that the gentleman shd sacrifice his scrotum for castration for the ultimate amusement of the wife ,

Or entrust his debt- ridden finiancial account over to his working wife to spend as she deem fit - including paying for a "girls" holiday to Jamaica where more than likely she n her friends wud get themselves mercilessly ravaged and pillaged by dope-eyed locals, what should the man do ? ( assume for a minute he is your friend for humanity sake)
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by SALady(f): 11:44am On May 05, 2011
macjive01:

SA LAdy, doesnt mk any sense going back n forth, so in your opinion other than suggesting with malicious intent that the gentleman shd sacrifice his scrotum for castration for the ultimate amusement of the wife ,

Or entrust his debt- ridden finiancial account over to his working wife to spend as she deem fit - including paying for a "girls" holiday to Jamaica where more than likely she n her friends wud get themselves mercilessly ravaged and pillaged by dope-eyed locals, what should the man do ? ( assume for a minute he is your friend for humanity sake)

@emboldment, Here's what you dont get, is that the deed is done already. He's looong been castrated (six months now) and the woman is living it up. Now six months down the line the mumu husband suddenly catches a wake.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 05, 2011
@ Macjive

1. When things aren't working out as planned, you change gear and go the opposite way. This woman's weakest point is attention,AND yes every woman likes attention but she sure is one hell of a lover of attention. She knows walking around unclothed would get to her hubby and also judging from the fact that she's starved him for months. SHE IS A SHOW QUEEN, A DRAMA QUEEN AND IS ENJOYING EVERY SINGLE BIT OF IT.

My advise will be to sit her down and not beg her to say something but let her realize that things are going to change that particular day whether she talks or not so it will do her some good to just talk and let it out because he is not going to be her audience anymore.

2. If she refuses to talk PLS TELL HIM TO MAKE ME THE HAPPIEST WOMAN ON EARTH BY IGNORING HER: That action of his is going to add some more years to my already long life. One thing is certain, she might not love this man anymore BUT the fact that she still does all this hanky panky game with him shows that she could still ''cares about what he thinks and prolly what he does'' if she didn't care she would have stopped being more seductive ages ago wink Ignoring such a woman who obviously has gotten away wit alot of things in  life and has gotten used to being called a ''WINNER'' will definitely hurt her , she might not admit it but it will definitely sink in deep in her heart that she is losing her touch of feminity on her hubby.

One thing is certain here. I can say I am 90% sure that this woman knows the kind of man she married and knows that he is a principled and disciplined man that wouldn't wanna cheat on her and that is why she is taking him for a ride.

Pls tell him to stop being soft and act as if he lives in the same house with an ant he cannot see except he uses a microscope , that is to say: Ignore her and make himself happy instead. This might be too harsh but if I was in the guy's situation , I will stop sharing the same bed with this woman. The marital bond is broken already wetin remain again undecided . He needs to stop seeing her as his God, he needs to stop making her feel important, HE NEEDS TO BE GADDAMIT SELFISH

3. Her family? that one na family undecided stay away from them. Those peeps haven't got his back. They want material things. They are in it for the money and goodies. They are hot cups of tea that needs to be dropped on the floor ASAP.

Above all please he should stop spending on her. She is not worth a kobo that man earns right now. To me she is just one thrash that should be left outside for council people to come dispose off
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 05, 2011
chaircover:

I'm sorry but calling the wive names at this stage is of no benefit right now to the posters friend. He is looking for resolution not a divorce.

Sorry? I guess you were just being polite but if not, why on earth do I need an apology from you and whatever for? undecided

You talk about going personal and I ask myself, how and where have I gone personal? why do you think people always go personal on you when they do not agree with your posts? this is not the first time you have used that line on me(been ignoring it) and seriously we do not have to be on the same page all the time. undecided

You don't agree with my post and I don't agree with yours.CHIKENA
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 05, 2011
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 05, 2011
If you do not like my post please look elsewhere. You posted sthg on some thread and I brought it back. I thought it was a bit weird and odd to make excuses for some guy and you actually called ''men babies'' on that thread and I wondered why this new man's mistake is sthg he should be killed for,are men not babies again in ya eyes?do we only use those lines when it suits us? Obviously yes

Do I take things personal? Nope .DO you? Obviously yes. But will it change the way I post and disagree ?nope.

When I go personal on someone I know ,yes I know. I did apologise to dayo recently for going over the board on some thread. I have even argued with alot of people on this site on serious threads and nobody keeps telling me I go personal. 

I argue points with BB even recently Uju posted some story on here which I did not believe and I told her she was making it up,told her I did not believe it. Did she go about telling me I went  personal or better still insulted her? Nope. This is the internet ,we all are entitled to our opinion.

no be my fault.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by macjive01: 3:38pm On May 05, 2011
Jenny abeg CC is revered in this section of the world , why being nippy to her? Absolutely no need. She is about the finess most intelligent woman out there. Sincerely.

It breaks my heart seeing her being slighted by u.

Abeg mk una mk up ooh.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 05, 2011
why are you calling my name?  Are u ok atall?What have I done? Highlighted some points and increased the font size which BTW people do every single day on this forum and no one's had issues with it until jenny did same exact thing.

And who said she's not intelligent?look do not piss me off this night oooo. Mr man Please face your front and your topic biko
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by agabaI23(m): 3:49pm On May 05, 2011
macjive01:

Jenny abeg CC is revered in this section of the world , why being nippy to her? Absolutely no need. She is about the finess most intelligent woman out there. Sincerely.

Abeg mk una mk up ooh.
That's absolute rubbish my friend. They are having an argument and that's about it.

Jenny may have used the word 'hypocrite' but then she explained why.
It is not about the person, it is about the issue being discussed.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 05, 2011
Nope jenny is always the trouble maker . Macjive even coming here to post that thrash has really pissed me off. Two women are having an argument and one dude sees one of the women as a bully ,wow really wow undecided
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by macjive01: 4:15pm On May 05, 2011
At the end of the day this is an Internet forum of which anyone can say or do as they deem fit, shei?

Anyway,
". . . . Don't piss me this night ooh. . ,
wat part of the world are u in that's night this time?
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Busybody2(f): 4:51pm On May 05, 2011
@Damola1

The only reason African men are deservedly dropping like flies is solely because of Aids caused by their selfish inability to keep their periwinkles in their trousers.

@posts

Unless I have started reading things upside down, but the trifling Mother-in-law was the one who gave the pathetic excuse that her daughter was going through midlife crises na, Macjive abi nor be so?

Again, Agaba's last post was 100% on point.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by dayokanu(m): 5:45pm On May 05, 2011
JK,

Just that you know I no gree that kain yeye apology. Anything short of a weekend at my house "apologizing" is not acceptable.

If not I am going to report you at Okija shrine soon
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by agabaI23(m): 5:54pm On May 05, 2011
dayokanu:

JK,

Just that you know I no gree that kain yeye apology. Anything short of a weekend at my house "apologizing" is not acceptable.

If not I am going to report you at Okija shrine soon
O me nke m meforo emefo. tongue
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 05, 2011
jennykadry:

1. When things aren't working out as planned, you change gear and go the opposite way. This woman's weakest point is attention,AND yes every woman likes attention but she sure is one hell of a lover of attention. She knows walking around unclothed would get to her hubby and also judging from the fact that she's starved him for months. SHE IS A SHOW QUEEN, A DRAMA QUEEN AND IS ENJOYING EVERY SINGLE BIT OF IT.

My advise will be to sit her down and not beg her to say something but let her realize that things are going to change that particular day whether she talks or not so it will do her some good to just talk and let it out because he is not going to be her audience anymore.

2. If she refuses to talk PLS TELL HIM TO MAKE ME THE HAPPIEST WOMAN ON EARTH BY IGNORING HER: That action of his is going to add some more years to my already long life. One thing is certain, she might not love this man anymore BUT the fact that she still does all this hanky panky game with him shows that she could still ''cares about what he thinks and prolly what he does'' if she didn't care she would have stopped being more seductive ages ago wink Ignoring such a woman who obviously has gotten away wit alot of things in  life and has gotten used to being called a ''WINNER'' will definitely hurt her , she might not admit it but it will definitely sink in deep in her heart that she is losing her touch of feminity on her hubby.

One thing is certain here. I can say I am 90% sure that this woman knows the kind of man she married and knows that he is a principled and disciplined man that wouldn't wanna cheat on her and that is why she is taking him for a ride.

Pls tell him to stop being soft and act as if he lives in the same house with an ant he cannot see except he uses a microscope , that is to say: Ignore her and make himself happy instead. This might be too harsh but if I was in the guy's situation , I will stop sharing the same bed with this woman. The marital bond is broken already wetin remain again undecided . He needs to stop seeing her as his God, he needs to stop making her feel important, HE NEEDS TO BE GADDAMIT SELFISH

3. Her family? that one na family undecided stay away from them. Those peeps haven't got his back. They want material things. They are in it for the money and goodies. They are hot cups of tea that needs to be dropped on the floor ASAP.

Above all please he should stop spending on her. She is not worth a kobo that man earns right now. To me she is just one thrash that should be left outside for council people to come dispose off

Too good to be true. . .gotta be 'film trick'!
macjive01:

Abeg mk una mk up ooh.

Oh please. Yellow and gold no be d same thing. . .but may seem similar to the undiscerning.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by agabaI23(m): 11:30pm On May 05, 2011
jennykadry:

@ Macjive

I thought this was someone's thesis initially so I didn't bother reading it. I summoned courage to read it now and what can I say, it is spot on.

I am not sure that man in the first post will have the balls to do that. The fact that MIL did not chastise the daughter speaks volume and would have made any man to wonder what is going on. An average Africa woman will warn her daughter against starving the hussy but this one? mbanunununu, ajo muo aba ekwensu anya ma o bulu Chiwetalu Agu grin

Can i ask if the MIL is mamaG (Patience Ozokwor) or her relative? grin
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by andypash(m): 7:06am On May 06, 2011
Maybe u dont really spend time with her,to show love is not about shopping for her do u have good communication together do u go out together
Get to kno ur wife and love her for who she is i wish u the best of married life
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by SALady(f): 8:14am On May 06, 2011
mxceewww!!! fools paradise.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 10:18am On May 06, 2011
agabaI23:

I thought this was someone's thesis initially so I didn't bother reading it. I summoned courage to read it now and what can I say, it is spot on.

I am not sure that man in the first post will have the balls to do that. The fact that MIL did not chastise the daughter speaks volume and would have made any man to wonder what is going on. An average Africa woman will warn her daughter against starving the hussy but this one? mbanunununu, ajo muo aba ekwensu anya ma o bulu Chiwetalu Agu grin

Can i ask if the MIL is mamaG (Patience Ozokwor) or her relative? grin

ROTFLMAO grin grin grin
SA Lady:

mxceewww!!! fools paradise.

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by SALady(f): 10:28am On May 06, 2011
Ujujoan:

undecided undecided undecided undecided

^^^Hubby & Wifey. Hubby four times a fool.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by Nobody: 11:03am On May 06, 2011
Oh ok!
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by macjive01: 11:56am On May 07, 2011
Hello people, I thank u immensely for the time u all have taken to drop a comment on this issue.
I acted on ur advise(s) and explained to the man that if he wants his wife back he wud need to change. Change his way. I explained to him these points as u advised.

1) He wud need to start being more manly. Being more assertive with the wife. Mking a point and sticking to it.

2) he needs to cut down on the plate washing and culinary activities. If he comes home and there is no food he shd either walk out, go buy kebab or fish n chip, walk back to his home and theatrically munch it while shaking his head and murmuring. Or soak garri n drink it before her.

(3) he has to sort his finances out. Shd involve the wife , let her know the state of things n get her to pay some of the bills n debt even.

(4) on the sex issue, I advised him to start going clubbing n parties to get the wife n bit jealous, when he comes back from such he shd coyly hint of young 25s hitting on him, White girls asking him if he is really as big as they say. Even he shd tell her that a few of them invite him home but he proudly showed his ring to them. And talked abt how beautiful n sexy his wife is.

(5)more on the sex, as someone advised, when ever they re to engage in sex, he shd stop going down on her, he shd ensure he is in top, when he cums he shd simply get up, walk into d bathroom, wash himsef then go to the sitting room and put on the news. While she is forlorn in the bedroom. (women hate it when men do that, but wud generate more passion from her.)

(6)start checking her phone and tracking her to confirm his fears - if she is cheating. So he can make more concrete plans without sympathy and empathy.

(7) on the holiday issue, mk her not go if he can if not don't spend a kobo on it.

Gave him some other trivial advise, but Mehn wait till u hear my man response.
Re: Wife's Mid-life Crises? by macjive01: 12:33pm On May 07, 2011
On the become more assertive:
She wud complain that he is becoming controlling. Her friends wud start making noise that he is acting like a cave man and very African.
Early in their marriage she complain a lot about the controlling issue, he promised not be like that again so he shdnt want to stir any bee hive and possibly bring a crash of their flimsily hanging marriage.

On the culinary activities:
The man told me a very annoying tale, he said it never so to b that way ooh, that suddenly he noticed his wife's used lunch plate left unwashed in the sink when he comes home at night. He cools washes it while probably hosting with d wife who might b preparing dinner. Then she graduated into expecting him to wash up their both supper dishes. After sometime she stopped washing the pots herself. Currently when he comes back from home he finds the last night used pots, the dishes, her breakfast dishes, lunch plates and garri turner, and her supper plate - that's the day she managed to cook supper.

He said it has now become his duty such that she even now wakes him up from sleep- when he doses off after his supper, and reminds him not to forget to wash the dishes before he hoes to bed ooh!.

He said he hates it, he finds it very belittling when he try's not to do the dishes she wud complain and complain that he is not helping AT ALL at home, that he shdnt forget she is taking care of the kids. The next minute the MIL is on the phone cajoling him to assist his wife nah, does he not know it tiring looking after kids. ( what kind of tiredness cud that b abeg?)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives / Celebrating Powerful Women Of The World. . . .THE REAL FEMINISM!!! / My Husband Refuses To Tell Me About His Secret "Woman" Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.