Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,572 members, 7,941,169 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 06:53 PM

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! - Religion (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! (53108 Views)

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses 2 / I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity / Let's Study The Bible Daily And Finish It In One Year! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by Janosky: 11:38pm On Jul 14, 2021
maximunimpact:

I thought so!

This question is the foundation upon which JWs believes is based, if the foundation is shaky what will happen to the house built on it?

It will come crashing!

JWs sect was founded on a lie with an expiry date, if you had given any answer to that question you have just picked your own expiry date for your religion.

The year 1914 is the foundation, if it was a lie all along it means Jesus did not come (it was later changed to "Christ's presence began" ) that year, if Jesus did not come that year it means he never appointed your governing body as faithful and discrete slave, if he didn't appoint them it means they are charlatans, if they are charlatans it means you are not even a Christian!

So I ask you again:
Matthew 24:3 the word "coming", is in fact misleading.
Jesus Christ never spoke of "coming" at Matthew 24:3.
The Greek word Jesus spoke@ Matthew 24:3 is Parousia meaning "Presence." (Please use Greek lexicon of Matthew 24:3 Biblehub, confirm this fact).

The disciples were asking Jesus what will be the sign of your presence and the end of the Age/system of things?

The very pertinent questions are:

Jesus said "this Generation will not pass away"
Is the Generation who saw Jesus & listened to him @ Matt 24:1-3 still living today?

." What is this Generation that will see the end of the Age/system of things ?

Did the Generation who saw Jesus , will they also see the gospel of the kingdom preached in all the whole world?

Do those individuals who troll JWs have answers to these 3 questions ?
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by Janosky: 11:44pm On Jul 14, 2021
johnw47:

hi, fearful mad max cannot answer your question or admit to his groups bad performance: false prophecies, child abuse cover up's etc.

but it's an interisting question in another way also
God said the life of a person is generally 70 to 80 years depending on strength/health
and on average their is 3 generations alive at the same time
example: child, parents, and grandparents

so between 70 and 80 is 75, divided by 3 is 25 years a generation

psalm 90:10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away

Jesus said * this Generation will by no means pass away until all these will have happened".

Is this Generation who saw Jesus and listened to him at Matthew 24 still alive today?
Which Generation is Jesus talking about?
grin
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by maximunimpact(m): 11:45pm On Jul 14, 2021
Janosky:

The Greek word Jesus spoke@ Matthew 24:3 is Parousia meaning "Presence." (Please use Greek lexicon of Matthew 24:3 Biblehub, confirm this fact).

The disciples were asking Jesus what will be the sign of your presence and the end of the Age/system of things?

Is the Generation who saw Jesus & listened to him @ Matt 24:1-3 still living today?

Did the Generation who saw Jesus , will they also see the gospel of the kingdom preached in all the whole world?

Simple question you are arguing about coming or presence translated by people who lack qualifications to translate Hebrew and Greek.

Whether coming or presence don't matter here, my question is how long is a generation?

Because watchtower said the generation that saw 1914 will not pass until Armaggedon, but in your answer you didn't even mention 1914 or Armaggedon.

So I ask again:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:35am On Jul 15, 2021
maximunimpact:

You are so dumb and brainwashed you don't know how to derail.
After you are done fooling yourself you answer this question:

maximunimpact:

If you trace the history of Christianity from Abraham till date, it all pointed to one church – Roman Catholic!
Going by the above scripture you can now see the so called protestants are the one drawing disciples after themselves and these includes Anglican, Pentecostals, Jehovah witness, Presbyterian, etc.
Whenever I make up my mind to start attending church my best bet is Roman Catholic; every other sect are all after their own personal aggrandizement and greed.
smiley
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:35am On Jul 15, 2021
maximunimpact:

Simple question you are arguing about coming or presence translated by people who lack qualifications to translate Hebrew and Greek.
Whether coming or presence don't matter here, my question is how long is a generation?
Because watchtower said the generation that saw 1914 will not pass until Armaggedon, but in your answer you didn't even mention 1914 or Armaggedon. So I ask again:

maximunimpact:

If you trace the history of Christianity from Abraham till date, it all pointed to one church – Roman Catholic!
Going by the above scripture you can now see the so called protestants are the one drawing disciples after themselves and these includes Anglican, Pentecostals, Jehovah witness, Presbyterian, etc.
Whenever I make up my mind to start attending church my best bet is Roman Catholic; every other sect are all after their own personal aggrandizement and greed.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:36am On Jul 15, 2021
maximunimpact:

All these madness is just to avoid this question, but here is it again

maximunimpact:

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:40am On Jul 15, 2021
maximunimpact:

I don't give a fvck about catholic Church or JWs, but all I want is an answer to this:

Walahi Talahi you must give a fvck by telling them what you know about their Daddy GO

Topic "Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives "Blocking Your Way""
maximunimpact:

Pastor Adeboye's Prayer Sparks Outrage On Twitter

Below is a prayer the GO of RCCG tweeted wishing death for family members blocking progess:

Any relative or anyone blocking your way, if they don’t repent, they won’t see the new year.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:41am On Jul 15, 2021
maximunimpact:

All these madness is just to avoid this question, but here is it again

Tell them that they're all mad if they're not Catholics!

Topic "Pastor Adeboye Prays For Death Of Relatives "Blocking Your Way""
maximunimpact:

Pastor Adeboye's Prayer Sparks Outrage On Twitter

Below is a prayer the GO of RCCG tweeted wishing death for family members blocking progess:

Any relative or anyone blocking your way, if they don’t repent, they won’t see the new year.
cheesy
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:51am On Jul 15, 2021
DappaD:

Wait. Please, can you help me understand something? You mean the person in question said the Catholic Church was his preferred religion amongst others and then he classified Jehovah’s Witnesses under those who are deceiving others and drawing disciples after themselves BUT he had to paste a full article from our website to prove a point in one of his threads that real Christians do not get involved with politics? And in just the same year? Wow. Just wow.

My brother i tire for trinitarians o! cheesy

They are all jubilating over confusion, some say they're "tired of organize worship but JWs is their problem" another one say he is tired of all chuches but "JWs is his choice" yet another day he's not going to any church but if he's out of his self imposed slumber "Catholic is his choice" but one thing is common with all of them:
Only Jehovah's Witnesses is their enemy! Matthew 10:22; John 15:19; 17:14

Peter was right: Jesus knows everything! John 21:17 smiley
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:09am On Jul 15, 2021
My brother, you will always discover the sound reasoning when the Governing Body of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization say something.
They said anybody that leaves the Organization is mentally ill, please can you say this commentator is sane?
He said he's not going to any church presently and that the origin of all chuches are Catholics then he's against other churches even talking against their most revered Daddy GO, next he says the foundation that's shaky will come down crashing (probably on it's own) but to top it all he's ~
not going to any Church and he's still contemplating maybe someday he'll return meaning the religious Organization he belongs to has already collapse considering his state of mind yet the one and only religous Organization stand tall above all others unshakably with millions of bold and fearless Witnesses he's eyeing as the one without solid foundation. Please help me describe what the hell is happening with him because i can't just phantom the ongoing delusion in maximunimpact's brains! undecided

Janosky:

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by maximunimpact(m): 5:59am On Jul 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
My brother, you will always discover the sound reasoning when the Governing Body of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization say something.
They said anybody that leaves the Organization is mentally ill, please can you say this commentator is sane?
He said he's not going to any church presently and that the origin of all chuches are Catholics then he's against other churches even talking against their most revered Daddy GO, next he says the foundation that's shaky will come down crashing (probably on it's own) but to top it all he's ~
not going to any Church and he's still contemplating maybe someday he'll return meaning the religious Organization he belongs to has already collapse considering his state of mind yet the one and only religous Organization stand tall above all others unshakably with millions of bold and fearless Witnesses he's eyeing as the one without solid foundation. Please help me describe what the hell is happening with him because i can't just phantom the ongoing delusion in maximunimpact's brains! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MightySparrow: 6:45am On Jul 15, 2021
Janosky:

John 17 4-5,24..
He was exalted, given the godlike, divine nature.

John 14:28 & 1 Corinthians 11:3,Would Jesus grasp the position of his Oga Boss?

Can you see that Jesus Christ proven that Trinitarian TWIST of Phillippians 2:6 is untenable?
We are still saying, same thing remove John 1: 1 from your Bible. Your translation ' a god ' doesn't make sense either. In which ever way, 'a god' makes plural God.
God + god.

two not one. That translation does more harm than good.

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:28am On Jul 15, 2021
MightySparrow:

We are still saying, same thing remove John 1: 1 from your Bible. Your translation ' a god ' doesn't make sense either. In which ever way, 'a god' makes plural God.
God + god.
two not one. That translation does more harm than good.
The highlighted!

The New Word Translation does more harm than good! smiley

LOVE binds people from different races throughout the earth together through the use of NWT.

Out of all the religions on this planet only the users of NWT have the JOY to share memories of ministry with their fellow believers.

The only Organization where all members are in PEACE with the arrangement are those using the NWT

When it comes to PATIENCE in the way people handle life anxieties the first group are those using the NWT.

Throughout the earth the best Bible made of the highest quality material is the NWT, when members of other religions are carrying torn and dirty Bibles as many can't afford a copy the KINDNESS of the publishers of the NWT is clearly seen as all members of the group have the best deluxe Bibles even in the world's poorest nations!

I remembered the first time i followed JWs to the preaching and noticed a whole yard filled with women ran away leaving their little children behind, they don't want to listen but are sure that their kids are safe because the GOODNESS of NWT users is indisputable.

Jesus commaded his disciples to preach and teach in all their neighborhood, only the users of NWT are globally recognized as zealous preachers and industrious teachers due to their FAITH.

Their MILDNESS is widely known as they will come and leave mildly whenever people treat them with disgust.

When no religion can boldly speak of their members as no part of civil unrest due to radical protests against the authorities, only users of NWT have SELF-CONTROL no matter what the rulers do.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, how i wish it's just a coincidence that all the qualities of God's Holy Spirit is so obvious only in the gathering of the users of NWT! smiley
So Mr MightySparrow i wonder how you'll escape the judgment of the one who said:

“For this reason I say to you, every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come" Matthew 12:31-32
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by achorladey: 10:59am On Jul 15, 2021
maximunimpact:

Because watchtower said the generation that saw 1914 will not pass until Armaggedon, but in your answer you didn't even mention 1914 or Armaggedon.

So I ask again:

Why he no put sign of your invisible presence. At least we know that Jesus had come INVISIBLY a second time in 1914/1919 or there about according to their teachings .He is schedule to come a third time INVISIBLY after all they don't believe people will see him with their eyes when he comes back. Invisible presence and invisible coming is the way to go

2 Likes

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MightySparrow: 11:44am On Jul 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted!

The New Word Translation does more harm than good! smiley

LOVE binds people from different races throughout the earth together through the use of NWT.

Out of all the religions on this planet only the users of NWT have the JOY to share memories of ministry with their fellow believers.

The only Organization where all members are in PEACE with the arrangement are those using the NWT

When it comes to PATIENCE in the way people handle life anxieties the first group are those using the NWT.

Throughout the earth the best Bible made of the highest quality material is the NWT, when members of other religions are carrying torn and dirty Bibles as many can't afford a copy the KINDNESS of the publishers of the NWT is clearly seen as all members of the group have the best deluxe Bibles even in the world's poorest nations!

I remembered the first time i followed JWs to the preaching and noticed a whole yard filled with women ran away leaving their little children behind, they don't want to listen but are sure that their kids are safe because the GOODNESS of NWT users is indisputable.

Jesus commaded his disciples to preach and teach in all their neighborhood, only the users of NWT are globally recognized as zealous preachers and industrious teachers due to their FAITH.

Their MILDNESS is widely known as they will come and leave mildly whenever people treat them with disgust.

When no religion can boldly speak of their members as no part of civil unrest due to radical protests against the authorities, only users of NWT have SELF-CONTROL no matter what the rulers do.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, how i wish it's just a coincidence that all the qualities of God's Holy Spirit is so obvious only in the gathering of the users of NWT! smiley
So Mr MightySparrow i wonder how you'll escape the judgment of the one who said:

“For this reason I say to you, every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come" Matthew 12:31-32

Artful Dodger, changing goal post in the middle of the match..
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:49am On Jul 15, 2021
MightySparrow:

Artful Dodger, changing goal post in the middle of the match..

This Bible verse is for you Sir! Matthew 12:31-32 smiley
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MightySparrow: 11:54am On Jul 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

This Bible verse is for you Sir! Matthew 12:31-32 smiley

I knew it, your GB has now replaced Holy Ghost grin grin grin
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by Splinz(m): 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
DappaD:
Hello there. Sorry I couldn’t attend to you earlier I’ve been busy with a lot of work stuff.

Thank you for coming through. Be assured that I've taken my time to go through your response, exactly like the Bereans did (Acts 17:11). Yes, the scriptures you supplied has been examined.

Now, I'd also share with you my unbiased findings.

DappaD:

B. To get the answer the second part of your question, we have to understand that while Jesus had a prehuman existence, he also had a beginning unlike his God who had always existed. Psalm 90:2, 93:2
But before we find out what his prehuman name was, it is worthy to note that before Jehovah God created the heavens and the earth, he had first created a Son who would later turn out to become his master worker along him during creation(Proverbs 8:22-31)
through him were created the invisible things(spirit sons of God) and the visible things(the earth and mankind) Colossians 1:16

Okay, so Jesus had a prehuman existence before coming to earth. Also, He is a created Being unlike His Father who has always existed. Let's prove it (1 Thessalonians 5:21).

Firstly, your proof showing that Jesus was created is Proverbs 8:22-31. Upon examination of this scripture, what I find does not even remotely corroborate your claimed. Perhaps it's a mistake by you. Proverbs 8 in its entirety speaks of WISDOM. To understand, one need to start reading from verse 1, whilst verse 12 makes it much more obvious. In essence, the entirety of it is a personification of wisdom, showing how God possessed wisdom and used same to create the universe. So therefore, using Proverbs 8:22-31 as a supposed proof that Jesus was created is nothing but falsehood; a lie. But of course, I want to believe it was not intentional. Maybe it's a case of careless reading. So I urge you to take a look at it again.

Secondly, saying "before Jehovah God created the heavens and the earth" and quoting Colossians 1:16 in same breath, is a contradiction. This is because "Jehovah God" and Jesus, I want to believe, are different, going by your description. It's either they're different Personages or "Jehovah God" is the same One describes in Colossians 1:16 as the creator of the universe.

DappaD:

So when Jehovah said “Let us make man in our image” at Genesis 1:26, he was actually talking to the person who later bore the name “Jesus” on earth. This was after Jehovah employed his firstborn Son during creation after which the other spirit sons of God who were created through Jesus, began to rejoice after the creation of earth and all that was in it. Job 38:7

The original Hebrew word for God in Genesis is Elohim, a collective noun like family, team etc, all of which have more than one member. Verse 1 reads: "In the beginning God [Elohim] created the heaven and the earth". With this understanding, we can better understand Colossians 1:16. But what is Elohim? When translated, it means "Mighty Ones". Verse 26 is then speaking of this Mighty Ones, actually, the God family, creating man in their image.

John 1:1 shares more light:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
Here is a description of two Personages: 1. God 2. Word. Together, they're called God. Verse 14 makes it clear that it was the Word, equally called God, that became Jesus. So when wrapped, God is a family made up of two Personages, as against the pagan doctrine of the Trinity.

Furthermore, when you used "Son" and "spirit sons" of God, it should be understood that a Son like Jesus is BEGOTTEN whilst the angels are CREATED. Big difference. The former is directly fathered by God, which resulted in Mary's birth of that Son whilst the latter are created, more like out of nothing. Hebrews 1:14 succinctly captures who the angels are.

DappaD:

Evidence that Jesus was created is littered throughout the Scriptures. That was why apostle Paul under inspiration wrote that Jesus is the “firstborn of all creation”—Colossians 1:15-16
A more resounding evidence was the fact that when Jesus was giving instructions to John in the book of Revelations, he called himself: “The beginning of creation by God” or the beginning of God’s creative power—Revelation 3:14

So far, you've not been able to prove that Jesus, in His prehuman, was created. Rather, evidence is on the contrary. Instead of creation He is the creator. Of course, you can't honestly use His earthly life to prove that He was created because we know in His prehuman, He existed as God, according to scriptural evidence.

Now, Revelation 3:14 is a mistranslation. Correctly, it should read, "The beginner of all creation". Interestingly, this is in perfect harmony with Colossians 1:15-17, as Jesus the King of creation. Also, the phrase "firstborn of all creation" can't possibly means that He was created. Evidence already shows that He is the creator instead. Perhaps it may interest you to know that just in verse 18, Paul was inspired to write that He is the "firstborn from the dead" and in Romans 8:29 He is the "firstborn among many brethren".

That is how the term "firstborn" should be understood. Indeed, Jesus is the FIRST that has died and came back to life, never to die again. He is also the FIRST born Son of God, with many more sons to be added to the God family at His appearing. The point exactly is that He is the preeminent.

DappaD:

The Bible reveals that Jehovah used one of his spirit sons (angel/messenger) to lead the Israelites out of Egypt into the promised Land. Exodus 23:20
That name of that angel became known as Michael, because Daniel 12:1 says that he—that is Michael—had been standing in behalf of the Israelites from ancient times and who will also stand up in the future for God’s people on earth. An interesting thought here is that Michael, the archangel(or chief angel) also has command over myriads and legions of angels. Revelation 12:7

As a fact, it was Christ. He did not just lead the people out of Egypt, He is the God of the Old Testament (1 Corinthians 10:1-4). Yes, think of all those notable things and miracles; all were done by Christ, as the Word and God. Don't forget, God is Elohim.

Of course, you can't in all honesty called Christ - God, Angel Michael. Again, you can't use Daniel's prophecy to say that Michael is Jesus. Perhaps at this time, it may interest you to know that Michael is not the only archangel or chief angel in the scripture. He is, like Gabriel his counterpart said, "but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me" (Daniel 10:13). The phrase "one of the chief princes" means Michael is one out of many or others. In other word, he is not the only chief prince or archangel; there are "chief princes".

According to scripture, we know of at least three (3) archangels: 1. Michael 2. Gabriel 3. Lucifer (who became satan). Michael is often seen as the defender of God's people, whilst Gabriel is seen as that prince who carries God's special messages, like the visitation to Mary and of course, the prophecy he gave to Daniel, which covers events from Daniel's time till the end of this age. Of course, we know who Satan is now and how he was when he was created. Furthermore, under each of these princes are about one-third of other subordinate angels (Revelation 12:4). The scripture specifically said this of Lucifer, one of the chief.

So as you can see, Michael is not the only chief prince or son (angel), neither is he the same as Jesus. Available evidence makes it impossible. In fact, to say that Michael is Jesus is quite embarrassing. And not only that, it insults the Person of Jesus greatly, that the creator is ranked on the same level with His own creation. C'mon DappaD, it's not done.

Michael is who he is; one of the chief princes. Whilst Jesus, his creator, remains his God and Maker.

DappaD:

How does any of this relate to the name of Jesus in his prehuman state? Well, since Jesus is the one whom the book of Isaiah chapter 11 was talking about, then it strikes any ardent Bible reader that the verse 10 refers to Jesus as the one who will stand up as a signal in behalf of God’s people. This means that on a closer look, what we read earlier about Michael has a significant link with what Isaiah 11:10 says about Jesus.

DappaD no, there's no link here in Isaiah that links Jesus to Michael. As seen already, Michael has always been the defender, called it the army chief. We have seen how he came to fight alongside Gabriel, when the latter was withstood by Lucifer (Satan).

Finally, here's the last undisputed proof of who Jesus was in His prehuman form:
For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated “king of righteousness,” and then also king of Salem, meaning “king of peace,” without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually. Hebrews 7:1-3.

I know it does not yet specifically spelt Jesus out as Melchizedek. Of course, we'll see to it. But first, I want us to look at who this Melchizedek is, as captured in the bold: 1. He is "King of righteousness" and "King of peace" 2. This Personage has no father, no mother, no genealogy, no beginning of days nor end of life. Now, going by your description of "Jehovah God" as the only One without beginning and end, we can agree that He is the One and same as Melchizedek. Isn't it? But without speculation or assumption, let's find out who Paul, under inspiration, made known as Melchizedek:
For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.
For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood, verse 13 & 14

This is undeniable and can't be refuted. The One of whom Paul is speaking of as Melchizedek is non other than "our Lord" - Christ! Christ, before the Levitical priesthood was instituted or tithes received by Levites, of whom were those required by law to function in the office of the priest, was already functioning in that capacity. Knowing that the Levitical priesthood as established by the order of Aaron was temporary, God first established a priesthood according to the order of Melchizedek, which continues forever. And the same Person who functions then as Melchizedek the priest is the same Person functioning as our High Priest today. That Person is Christ! (You may want to read Hebrews 7 & 8 in its entirety).

In conclusion, I believe I've touched on the major points raised by you. I've also left out Jesus earthly life entirely for obvious reasons; understanding His prehuman existence is key to understanding His life on earth. Why did He prayed to God and relied on Him? Why did He glorified the Father? Why this...and why that. All wouldn't arise when Jesus is understood in His prehuman form. Why was He BEGOTTEN for instance? Simple. That was the only way He could be born of a woman, as an eternal Being who has always existed with His Father. It must also be noted that whilst this Mighty Ones were both God, as they say: "Two captain can't be in the same boat", One has to take the lead and the other follows. Philippians 2:5-8 perfectly captures the relationship in the God family. Jesus, though equally God, did not think of it as robbery to leave behind His glorious position as God in order to be born as flesh and blood. And this He did willingly.

DappaD, thank you so much for your time. And just in case you want us to further this discussion, of course write as soon as you can. Many thanks.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
MightySparrow:

I knew it, your GB has now replaced Holy Ghost grin grin grin

Nobody can see God's Holy Spirit, but you can SEE it's WORKS/QUALITIES of it's FRUIT.
So if you're speaking against the Governing Body of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES know that they're just humans like Jesus Christ but when you render your conscience dead and begin speaking against the fine works of God's Holy Spirit that's when you will never be forgiven!

For instance, there has been so many religious groups right from time immemorial till today, all of them keep talking about God with various acts of godly devotion but has any of them proved true to the power as in the energy of the true God? 2Timothy 3:5

Well i don't bloody care what those eight old Americans claim they are with their publications and other items they're peddling, it's none of my business. But one thing is undeniable!
According to their history they kicked off with few people in 1919 right there in America and the year 2019 makes just one hundred years that they began preaching about their so called God and teaching their neighbours, and now their teaching has gone throughout the globe!
What about the ENERGY/POWER of their so called Godly devotion?
Well millions of people throughout the earth from every tribe, language, ethnic group, skin colour, and all sorts of people have been tamed to drop weapons and vow never to raise weapons against their fellowman again all in the name of the God they preached! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3 undecided

Haba even if i'm hiding anything behind as evil habit that's shameful my conscience won't permit me to speak against that ENERGY/ POWER that has made such a thing to work out in a generation where people are crying and suffering all because of incessant killings here and there.

NO! I may not have seen their God at any point in time but i will never ever deny the fine works of that ENERGY/POWER that's working with JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Matthew 12:31-32 smiley
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MightySparrow: 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Nobody can see God's Holy Spirit, but you can SEE it's WORKS/QUALITIES of it's FRUIT.
So if you're speaking against the Governing Body of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES know that they're just humans like Jesus Christ but when you render your conscience dead and begin speaking against the fine works of God's Holy Spirit that's when you will never be forgiven!

For instance, there has been so many religious groups right from time immemorial till today, all of them keep talking about God with various acts of godly devotion but has any of them proved true to the power as in the energy of the true God? 2Timothy 3:5

Well i don't bloody care what those eight old Americans claim they are with their publications and other items they're peddling, it's none of my business. But one thing is undeniable!
According to their history they kicked off with few people in 1919 right there in America and the year 2019 makes just one hundred years that they began preaching about their so called God and teaching their neighbours, and now their teaching has gone throughout the globe!
What about the ENERGY/POWER of their so called Godly devotion?
Well millions of people throughout the earth from every tribe, language, ethnic group, skin colour, and all sorts of people have been tamed to drop weapons and vow never to raise weapons against their fellowman again all in the name of the God they preached! undecided

Haba even if i'm hiding anything behind as evil habit that's shameful my conscience won't permit me to speak against that ENERGY/ POWER that has made such a thing to work out in a generation where people are crying and suffering all because of incessant killings here and there.

NO! I may not have seen their God at any point in time but i will never ever deny the fine works of that ENERGY/POWER that's working with JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Matthew 12:31-32 smiley

JW working with Holy Spirit? Haa?!
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
MightySparrow:

JW working with Holy Spirit? Haa?!

Well anyone can deceive me with what i can't SEE but nobody can deceive me with what is obvious! Matthew 5:13-16

We call something "HOLY" when it's able to exert the ENERGY/POWER that's not visible to the eyes in changing the minds of people into doing what God's word promised! Hebrews 4:12

So i don't know what you think about the Holy Spirit but i beleive in it's WORKS that's undeniable in the midst of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! James 2:18-26 smiley
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by maximunimpact(m): 12:55pm On Jul 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well anyone can deceive me with what i can't SEE but nobody can deceive me with what is obvious! Matthew 5:13-16

We call something "HOLY" when it's able to exert the ENERGY/POWER that's not visible to the eyes in changing the minds of people into doing what God's word promised! Hebrews 4:12

So i don't know what you think about the Holy Spirit but i beleive in it's WORKS that's undeniable in the midst of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! James 2:18-26 smiley

Can you clear the air on this confusion created by "men like Jesus you can see" and also explain why they created the confusion in the first place;

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MightySparrow: 12:57pm On Jul 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

What is obvious in your own little corner, for me, I have reservations concerning your claims: neither your theology nor character portray your claims. (Not your as a person). I see delusion.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:30pm On Jul 15, 2021
Who cares about what you see in Jesus' disciples individually? undecided
Well in each and every human on planet earth you will always SEE various WORKS of the flesh since we are all in the flesh! Galatians 5:19-21

But i SEE the light permeating the gathering of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Galatians 5:22-23 smiley

MightySparrow:

What is obvious in your own little corner, for me, I have reservations concerning your claims: neither your theology nor character portray your claims. (Not your as a person). I see delusion.
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2021
maximunimpact:

Can you clear the air on this confusion created by "men like Jesus you can see" and also explain why they created the confusion in the first place;

What is your resolve now about your fellow believers in TRINITY? smiley

Topic "Did You Know: The History of Christianity Can Be Traced To Only Roman Catholic?"
maximunimpact:

Acts 20:30 – “Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them”.

This single scriptures explain why there are many churches, denominations and sects among the Christian body.

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by maximunimpact(m): 2:51pm On Jul 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

What is your resolve now about your fellow believers in TRINITY? smiley

Topic "Did You Know: The History of Christianity Can Be Traced To Only Roman Catholic?"

What does it matter if God is 1, 2 or 3? Personally I don't care because God remains God regardless of what anybody believes.

Secondly I am not catholic, but if saying am catholic and trinity guy makes you feel better that's your problem not mine.

But its your JWs that created 1914 doctrine so I ask you again:

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:58pm On Jul 15, 2021
You chill rat! cheesy

I know you don't even care about anything in the world talkless any God for that matter so boy run along while you keep constituting nuisance all over the thread! cheesy

maximunimpact:

What does it matter if God is 1, 2 or 3? Personally I don't care because God remains God regardless of what anybody believes.
Secondly I am not catholic, but if saying am catholic and trinity guy makes you feel better that's your problem not mine.
But its your JWs that created 1914 doctrine so I ask you again:
Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by maximunimpact(m): 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You chill rat! cheesy

I know you don't even care about anything in the world talkless any God for that matter so boy run along while you keep constituting nuisance all over the thread! cheesy

All these madness just to avoid and doge, but here is the question again Mr junkie

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by true2god: 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2021
achorladey:
What makes a religion right is its total adherence to God’s Word. Whether our religion meets this criterion or not can only be determined by open-mindedly comparing it with the Bible. Certainly such an important matter as our worship of God should not be determined for us by the coincidence of where we were born. After all, the child born to Catholic parents has had no more control over this fact than the child born to Muslim parents controls that......Awake 11/22 1984

We will agree that the ORGANIZATION is indeed open-minded when the third bold above is edited in this way below....

After all, the child born to Catholic parents has had no more control over this fact than the child born to Jehovah's witnesses parents controls that.

Open-mindedness should have enabled the particular writer of this article to use Jehovah's witnesses instead of Muslims.
This is the reason I have concluded that the men at Brooklyn are demonic in nature. When certain elders are not sincere in their dealings then there is a problem.

The writer said:

Whether our religion meets this criterion or not can only be determined by open-mindedly comparing it with the Bible.

The statement above inferred that the Bible should be the standard for our religious authentications which means that his audiences are Christians (whether Catholics, Anglicans, or even JWs)

However, in a classic watchtower demonic cunningness he concluded thus:

After all, the child born to Catholic parents has had no more control over this fact than the child born to Muslim parents’ controls that…

Why suddenly switch to Muslims, an entirely non-Bible based religion? Why couldn’t the watchtower be consistent by comparing the Catholics’ interpretation (or any other denomination) and understanding of the Bible with the Jehovah’s witnesses? I have said it before, and I will repeat it again, the watchtower is notorious for bashing the catholic faith but will also cry persecution at the same time when same is done to them. I am not a catholic anyway but JWs need to stop bashing other people while at the dame time making unfounded claims (1914, 1875, 1975, 1984, etc)

Thank you bros for pointing this out.

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by DappaD: 3:39pm On Jul 15, 2021
Splinz:

Thank you for coming through. Be assured that I've taken my time to go through your response, exactly like the Bereans did (Acts 17:11). Yes, the scriptures you supplied has been examined.

I really do appreciate your response. Note that in my own response to you, I didn’t just hurry to make conclusions. Reason being that I’m familiar with some Hebrew/Greek lexicon.

Now, I'd also share with you my unbiased findings.
Okay, so Jesus had a prehuman existence before coming to earth. Also, He is a created Being unlike His Father who has always existed. Let's prove it (1 Thessalonians 5:21).
Firstly, your proof showing that Jesus was created is Proverbs 8:22-31. Upon examination of this scripture, what I find does not even remotely corroborate your claimed. Perhaps it's a mistake by you. Proverbs 8 in its entirety speaks of WISDOM. To understand, one need to start reading from verse 1, whilst verse 12 makes it much more obvious. In essence, the entirety of it is a personification of wisdom, showing how God possessed wisdom and used same to create the universe. So therefore, using Proverbs 8:22-31 as a supposed proof that Jesus was created is nothing but falsehood; a lie. But of course, I want to believe it was not intentional. Maybe it's a case of careless reading. So I urge you to take a look at it again.

Oh no, it was no mistake. The reason I included the Scripture in this discussion is because it has several connections with a number of other Scriptures when it comes to the matter of Jesus having a beginning and being a master worker alongside God.

Moreover, Proverbs 8:22 uses the Hebrew word “qanah” which from root means to erect, create, procure or obtain. Now if Jehovah had to erect/create wisdom before creation, then doesn’t that suggest that He has not always been wise for all eternity which would contradict certain scriptures like Isaiah 40:28?

Secondly, saying "before Jehovah God created the heavens and the earth" and quoting Colossians 1:16 in same breath, is a contradiction. This is because "Jehovah God" and Jesus, I want to believe, are different, going by your description. It's either they're different Personages or "Jehovah God" is the same One describes in Colossians 1:16 as the creator of the universe.

I know this has always been a subject for debate but no, they are completely different persons. Jehovah God is the source of all creation, that is why it is FROM Him that all things are while Jesus is the link through which other things apart from himself were made, that is why it is BY/THROUGH him that other things apart from him were made. See 1Corinthians 8:6, John 1:3

The original Hebrew word for God in Genesis is Elohim, a collective noun like family, team etc, all of which have more than one member. Verse 1 reads: "In the beginning God [Elohim] created the heaven and the earth". With this understanding, we can better understand Colossians 1:16. But what is Elohim? When translated, it means "Mighty Ones". Verse 26 is then speaking of this Mighty Ones, actually, the God family, creating man in their image.
John 1:1 shares more light: Here is a description of two Personages: 1. God 2. Word. Together, they're called God. Verse 14 makes it clear that it was the Word, equally called God, that became Jesus. So when wrapped, God is a family made up of two Personages, as against the pagan doctrine of the Trinity.

While I agree that your first sentence is true, the rest I don’t quite resonate with. “Elohim” in Hebrew can also refer to plurality of excellence/magnificence/majesty.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Elohim
When Satan deceived Eve, he used the plural form of “you” in Genesis 3:1-5 to make her feel big/majestic so that she should disobey God. I hope you get the point.

Furthermore, when you used "Son" and "spirit sons" of God, it should be understood that a Son like Jesus is BEGOTTEN whilst the angels are CREATED. Big difference. The former is directly fathered by God, which resulted in Mary's birth of that Son whilst the latter are created, more like out of nothing. Hebrews 1:14 succinctly captures who the angels are.

Oh, so I see it’s the ‘begotten’ that’s causing the problem and that’s why you think Jesus is God. Well, Paul referred to Isaac as the only-begotten son of Abraham(Hebrews 11:17) yet that did not make him equal to Abraham, did it?

So far, you've not been able to prove that Jesus, in His prehuman, was created. Rather, evidence is on the contrary. Instead of creation He is the creator. Of course, you can't honestly use His earthly life to prove that He was created because we know in His prehuman, He existed as God, according to scriptural evidence.
Now, Revelation 3:14 is a mistranslation. Correctly, it should read, "The beginner of all creation". Interestingly, this is in perfect harmony with Colossians 1:15-17, as Jesus the King of creation. Also, the phrase "firstborn of all creation" can't possibly means that He was created. Evidence already shows that He is the creator instead. Perhaps it may interest you to know that just in verse 18, Paul was inspired to write that He is the "firstborn from the dead" and in Romans 8:29 He is the "firstborn among many brethren".That is how the term "firstborn" should be understood.

Remember I said I’m quite conversant with some Hebrew/Greek lexicon. So I don’t know if I should be the one to point out the errors in your statements.
And no, Revelation 3:14 reads thus, even in the KJV:
“And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

The Greek word which appears here is arche ἀρχὴ and this means “a initial starting point” or “the first person or thing in a series” so for Jesus to use that word here simply means he is the first person to be created after which others followed.

Indeed, Jesus is the FIRST that has died and came back to life, never to die again. He is also the FIRST born Son of God, with many more sons to be added to the [s]God family at His appearing. The point exactly is that He is the preeminent[/s].

Correct.

As a fact, it was Christ. He did not just lead the people out of Egypt, He is the God of the Old Testament (1 Corinthians 10:1-4). Yes, think of all those notable things and miracles; all were done by Christ, as the Word and God. Don't forget, God is Elohim.

This is the problem. I do not see the Scriptures from the trinitarian point of view so no matter how one tries to force the idea into the Scriptures, it doesn’t and will never go down with me. So we remain at odds on that one.

Of course, you can't in all honesty called Christ - God, Angel Michael. Again, you can't use Daniel's prophecy to say that Michael is Jesus. Perhaps at this time, it may interest you to know that Michael is not the only archangel or chief angel in the scripture. He is, like Gabriel his counterpart said, "but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me" (Daniel 10:13). The phrase "one of the chief princes" means Michael is one out of many or others. In other word, he is not the only chief prince or archangel; there are "chief princes".[
According to scripture, we know of at least three (3) archangels: 1. Michael 2. Gabriel 3. Lucifer (who became satan). Michael is often seen as the defender of God's people, whilst Gabriel is seen as that prince who carries God's special messages, like the visitation to Mary and of course, the prophecy he gave to Daniel, which covers events from Daniel's time till the end of this age. Of course, we know who Satan is now and how he was when he was created. Furthermore, under each of these princes are about one-third of other subordinate angels (Revelation 12:4). The scripture specifically said this of Lucifer, one of the chief.So as you can see, Michael is not the only chief prince or son (angel), neither is he the same as Jesus. Available evidence makes it impossible. In fact, to say that Michael is Jesus is quite embarrassing. And not only that, it insults the Person of Jesus greatly, that the creator is ranked on the same level with His own creation. C'mon DappaD, it's not done.
Michael is who he is; one of the chief princes. Whilst Jesus, his creator, remains his God and Maker.

First, the idea that “Lucifer” refers to Satan is laughable and absurd. Isaiah 14:12 does not refer to Satan, that is a blatant misconception. Rather, according to the context it refers to King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. Isaiah 13:19, 14:4 Jeremiah 51:7,8
Do your research.
Secondly, there are NO three archangels in heaven. Never has the Scriptures referred to Gabriel as an archangel, unless of course, you’re ready to point out where it says so in the Bible. But know, I don’t fall for information in extrabiblical sources that tend to overrate Bible truths.
The term “archangel” simply means “chief of the angels” and there is only one—Michael/Jesus. The Scriptures always refer to Michael as “the” archangel, never in plural form. So this strikes out Gabriel being an archangel since this wasn’t mentioned anywhere in the Scriptures. We can only assume that Gabriel is a high-ranking angel(probably a seraph) but he is NOT the archangel.

DappaD no, there's no link here in Isaiah that links Jesus to Michael. As seen already, Michael has always been the defender, called it the army chief. We have seen how he came to fight alongside Gabriel, when the latter was withstood by Lucifer (Satan).

Neither was the name ‘Jesus’ mentioned anywhere in the Old Testament but the writers of the New Testament were able to draw connections between the prophecies foretold and the life of Jesus to figure things out that Jesus was the Messiah. That is the efficiency of the 1Thessalonians 5:21 you quoted earlier. Using scripture to interpret scripture.

Finally, here's the last undisputed proof of who Jesus was in His prehuman form:
I know it does not yet specifically spelt Jesus out as Melchizedek. Of course, we'll see to it. But first, I want us to look at who this Melchizedek is, as captured in the bold: 1. He is "King of righteousness" and "King of peace" 2. This Personage has no father, no mother, no genealogy, no beginning of days nor end of life. Now, going by your description of "Jehovah God" as the only One without beginning and end, we can agree that He is the One and same as Melchizedek. Isn't it? But without speculation or assumption, let's find out who Paul, under inspiration, made known as Melchizedek:
This is undeniable and can't be refuted. The One of whom Paul is speaking of as Melchizedek is non other than "our Lord" - Christ! Christ, before the Levitical priesthood was instituted or tithes received by Levites, of whom were those required by law to function in the office of the priest, was already functioning in that capacity. Knowing that the Levitical priesthood as established by the order of Aaron was temporary, God first established a priesthood according to the order of Melchizedek, which continues forever. And the same Person who functions then as Melchizedek the priest is the same Person functioning as our High Priest today. That Person is Christ! (You may want to read Hebrews 7 & 8 in its entirety).

Melchizedek was a human being flesh and blood like you and me. And like us, he also had human parents. Unless you would want to explain his coming into existence.
Paul was simply saying that Melchizedek’s priesthood parallels Jesus’ High Priest status that since Melchizedek didn’t have any priestly predecessors or successors, that was how Jesus’ own priesthood would be. Just as Melchizedek was a priest of the Most High God(Genesis 14:18), that was how Jesus would also be(Psalm 110:4) so it make no sense saying that Jesus is God since Melchizedek was never God.

In conclusion, I believe I've touched on the major points raised by you. I've also left out Jesus earthly life entirely for obvious reasons; understanding His prehuman existence is key to understanding His life on earth. Why did He prayed to God and relied on Him? Why did He glorified the Father? Why this...and why that. All wouldn't arise when Jesus is understood in His prehuman form. Why was He BEGOTTEN for instance? Simple. That was the only way He could be born of a woman, as an eternal Being who has always existed with His Father. It must also be noted that whilst this Mighty Ones were both God, as they say: "Two captain can't be in the same boat", One has to take the lead and the other follows. Philippians 2:5-8 perfectly captures the relationship in the God family. Jesus, though equally God, did not think of it as robbery to leave behind His glorious position as God in order to be born as flesh and blood. And this He did willingly.

The highlighted is one of the reasons why I believe Trinity is nothing but a fabricated lie. Once a person believes that Jesus is not the same as the person in heaven whom he cried and prayed to(Matthew 27:46, Hebrews 5:7), then the riddle has been solved.
On the other hand, when one decides to favour the idea that Jesus is the same as the person in heaven whom he prayed to, then he’s doing nothing but diving deeper into a puddle of confusion. That is what I do not want to get involved in but I figured out that this was what this “discussion” was about anyway.

Again, you mentioned that Trinity is a “pagan teaching” but I’ll have you know that believing Jesus is God, is also a variation of Trinity because it has several definitions that’s why you have people professing belief in Trinity always arguing and arguing on threads.

DappaD, thank you so much for your time. And just in case you want us to further this discussion, of course write as soon as you can. Many thanks.

Thank you too for your time, Splinz.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by true2god: 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Sound reasoning is when you make a decision (or say something) that is consistent. Your governing has no sound reasoning hence they are changing doctrines and making false predictions and prophecies. Besides, people with sound reasoning will not go against a state law that demand reporting child molesters to the public for documentation. An organization with a sound reasoning will not suggest divorce for a lady (or a man) whose husband decide to leave the organization.

MaxInDHouse:
Who is ‘THEY’ as you used in this context? Your governing body, in your July 2011 watchtower magazine, said any JW that leave the watchtower has a mental disease. Go and get the magazine and see things for yourselves. You will determine if the governing body is actually sane.

MaxInDHouse:
He said he's not going to any church presently and that the origin of all chuches are Catholics then he's against other churches even talking against their most revered Daddy GO, next he says the foundation that's shaky will come down crashing (probably on it's own) but to top it all he's ~ not going to any Church and he's still contemplating maybe someday he'll return meaning the religious Organization he belongs to has already collapse considering his state of mind yet the one and only religious Organization stand tall above all others unshakably with millions of bold and fearless Witnesses he's eyeing as the one without solid foundation.
Repeating this passive blackmail will not change anything. Why the sudden bashing of the guy when he didn’t reason along your religious script?

MaxInDHouse:
Please help me describe what the hell is happening with him because i can't just phantom the ongoing delusion in maximunimpact's brains!
undecided
When you answer the ‘generation’ question about your 1914 fallacy you will get a response from him.

Caveat: You are free to worship anything, even a stone as long as you don’t throw it at me.

1 Like

Re: Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
Thanks for coming to the thread! smiley

true2god:

Sound reasoning is when you make a decision (or say something) that is consistent. Your governing has no sound reasoning hence they are changing doctrines and making false predictions and prophecies. Besides, people with sound reasoning will not go against a state law that demand reporting child molesters to the public for documentation. An organization with a sound reasoning will not suggest divorce for a lady (or a man) whose husband decide to leave the organization. Who is ‘THEY’ as you used in this context? Your governing body, in your July 2011 watchtower magazine, said any JW that leave the watchtower has a mental disease. Go and get the magazine and see things for yourselves. You will determine if the governing body is actually sane. Repeating this passive blackmail will not change anything. Why the sudden bashing of the guy when he didn’t reason along your religious script? When you answer the ‘generation’ question about your 1914 fallacy you will get a response from him.
Caveat: You are free to worship anything, even a stone as long as you don’t throw it at me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (77) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Family At Thanksgiving Service After Burial Of Parents (Photos) / Pastor Sam Adeyemi & His Wife Return To Nigeria After Two Years / Daddy Freeze Shows 'Paul O' Paul Okoye's Mansion To Shame Those That Pay Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.