Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,883 members, 7,976,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 02:12 AM

My Amazement About Denmark - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Amazement About Denmark (6302 Views)

This Amazing Circular Village In Denmark Looks Like Alien Civilization(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Amazement About Denmark by victoria1991(f): 4:44pm On Jun 28, 2021
Can someone educate me on how I can migrate to Denmark or Norway through study route.
What are the chances of getting Visa.
Like how much wud I spend for the package.

Thanks in anticipation

4 Likes

Re: My Amazement About Denmark by Sirconnect: 7:26pm On Jun 28, 2021
Team JAPAnese we Move cheesy
Re: My Amazement About Denmark by Iceyjayz: 8:04pm On Jun 28, 2021
Lostchild:

TStv is fully working.

TStv will give me channels DStv will never give me with small amount of money. The good thing about TStv is that I will be the on to sellect the channels I want to pay for..

You buy now, you get 3 months max free sub
Wow that's cool, maybe I will buy it when I come to Nigeria for Christmas, do you have any idea of the cost of the decoder?
Re: My Amazement About Denmark by Ndoki85(m): 8:25am On Jun 29, 2021
Lostchild:

TStv is fully working.

TStv will give me channels DStv will never give me with small amount of money. The good thing about TStv is that I will be the on to sellect the channels I want to pay for..

Whoever buy now, get 3 months subscription free
How much for the decoder

1 Like

Re: My Amazement About Denmark by Lostchild(m): 10:12am On Jun 29, 2021
Ndoki85:
How much for the decoder

I bought my own decoder for N13500 as I already have dish and Tstv gave me 3 months subscription due to promo.

After using mine for 1 month, it got expired. I contact them again and they gave me additional two months free sub base on their promo
Re: My Amazement About Denmark by Lostchild(m): 10:14am On Jun 29, 2021
Iceyjayz:
Wow that's cool, maybe I will buy it when I come to Nigeria for Christmas, do you have any idea of the cost of the decoder?

13500 naira and it comes with three months free sub
Re: My Amazement About Denmark by Iceyjayz: 12:24pm On Jun 30, 2021
Lostchild:

13500 naira and it comes with three months free sub
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: My Amazement About Denmark by optimusprime2(m): 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2021
Lostchild:
I just watched a documentary on BBC earth about Denmark and I was so amaze because Denmark is beyond what I thought. I always fancy Scandinavian countries but never have I thought Denmark is more than what I had imagine. In Denmark, nobody wants to buy faily used cars because the country is so rich, everyone has more money than they can spend. There is lot of food, meat to eat, lot of energy, clean air and much more than I thought. In the past I always thought that I can only feel at home only in US and Canada, but I was wrong.

Even the documentry presenter is a British born and he was so amazed on what he saw in Denmark. And the good thing about Denmark is that everyone can understand or speak english

I dont fancy UK and Australia weather seem dry and hot for my liking

Men, I will feel @ home in a country like denmark

I will disagree with you regarding language and integration based on the fact that I can give you first person insights about Denmark;

1- The Language issue remains a real Barrier regardless of the fact "most" Danish people can speak English as well as Norwegian, Swedish and German... the fact that Danish people can accommodate other languages like English, does not mean the Danish system is built for English or is an English speaking system for example, what do you do at places like The ATM or Train station or other public service areas, do you negotiate with the machines or automated systems to speak English?? Nope ... Danish is the National language, so expect it from all public service systems.

2- Denmark is a nice place but I always refer to the country as a Homogeneous bunch I.e The people get automatically racist to foreigners if a foreign culture is exhibited e.g if you speak another language that is strange to what they know, (heaven helps you if it sounds like Arabic- Hausa for instance), you will get the typical Cold shoulder. Those that have experienced this, know what I am talking about.

3. Except you are a tourist, you will experience Denmarks classic systemic Racism if you are a black guy trying to blend in. Try to understand something, a white foreigner and a black foreigner in Denmark are two different variables. So never compare yourself as a Nigerian in Denmark to a Polish or Russian in Denmark... that ability to "physically" blend in the crowd is actually everything.

4. Constantly speaking English to Danes on a long term, Irks them out at some point... bottom line learn the language. (Once again, language matters).

5. They are a very quiet bunch, if you are loud, dramatic and overquirky (like most Nigerians are) although some may find you amusing but it is a behaviour that is considered Alien in Denmark... rule no 1; in Denmark, don't be tagged Alien- They don't like "Alien".

6. Their citizenship or permanent residency is one of the hardest (if not the hardest) to acquire in Europe... ask anyone who knows...

7. Denmark remains a beautiful place but just as much as there are the upsides, there are lots of downsides.

My final remark, which is a rhetorical question... Which would you rather prefer; be treated with bias in a system where you do not understand the spoken language and can 't associate with the culture or being treated with bias in a system where you understand the language and can associate with the culture... ?

3 Likes

Re: My Amazement About Denmark by Mcslize: 2:50pm On Jun 30, 2021
Lol! Australia still remains my favourite country. I won't trade that for any other. Maybe I will visit most of these other countries later in time as a tourist.
Re: My Amazement About Denmark by Lostchild(m): 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2021
optimusprime2:

I will disagree with you regarding language and integration based on the fact that I can give you first person insights about Denmark;

1- The Language issue remains a real Barrier regardless of the fact "most" Danish people can speak English as well as Norwegian, Swedish and German... the fact that Danish people can accommodate other languages like English, does not mean the Danish system is built for English or is an English speaking system for example, what do you do at places like The ATM or Train station or other public service areas, do you negotiate with the machines or automated systems to speak English?? Nope ... Danish is the National language, so expect it from all public service systems.

2- Denmark is a nice place but I always refer to the country as a Homogeneous bunch I.e The people get automatically racist to foreigners if a foreign culture is exhibited e.g if you speak another language that is strange to what they know, (heaven helps you if it sounds like Arabic- Hausa for instance), you will get the typical Cold shoulder. Those that have experienced this, know what I am talking about.

3. Except you are a tourist, you will experience Denmarks classic systemic Racism if you are a black guy trying to blend in. Try to understand something, a white foreigner and a black foreigner in Denmark are two different variables. So never compare yourself as a Nigerian in Denmark to a Polish or Russian in Denmark... that ability to "physically" blend in the crowd is actually everything.

4. Constantly speaking English to Danes on a long term, Irks them out at some point... bottom line learn the language. (Once again, language matters).

5. They are a very quiet bunch, if you are loud, dramatic and overquirky (like most Nigerians are) although some may find you amusing but it is a behaviour that is considered Alien in Denmark... rule no 1; in Denmark, don't be tagged Alien- They don't like "Alien".

6. Their citizenship or permanent residency is one of the hardest (if not the hardest) to acquire in Europe... ask anyone who knows...

7. Denmark remains a beautiful place but just as much as there are the upsides, there are lots of downsides.

My final remark, which is a rhetorical question... Which would you rather prefer; be treated with bias in a system where you do not understand the spoken language and can 't associate with the culture or being treated with bias in a system where you understand the language and can associate with the culture... ?

I gree with you

You made lot of point

2 Likes

Re: My Amazement About Denmark by Lostchild(m): 2:47pm On Jul 01, 2021
Mcslize:
Lol! Australia still remains my favourite country. I won't trade that for any other. Maybe I will visit most of these other countries later in time as a tourist.

I prefare Australia than the UK but I feel Australia is too hot

I like cold and snow

1 Like

Re: My Amazement About Denmark by Mcslize: 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2021
Lostchild:

I prefare Australia than the UK but I feel Australia is too hot

I like cold and snow

Australia is not that hot. Not as hot as you think. If it is for the weather, Australia has one of the most amazing weather among other countries. Not too hot and not too cold. Australia weather is mostly between 9 to 15 degree Celsius, which is still below Air conditioner temperature of 19 degree Celsius. Most air conditioners in the banks run 19 degree Celsius and people still shiver when inside the banks.

Even during summer, Melbourne weather don't exceed 15 degree Celsius. Canberra has a pretty cold weather. Even Sydney has average temperature.

Australia temperature won't get you sweating. That's why they have one of the most amazing weather, not too cold and not too hot.

If you refer to a weather of 9 to 15 degree Celsius hot, then Canada will be pretty good for you as they have minus 20 degree Celsius.

Re: My Amazement About Denmark by Lostchild(m): 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2021
Mcslize:

Australia is not that hot. Not as hot as you think. If it is for the weather, Australia has one of the most amazing weather among other countries. Not too hot and not too cold. Australia weather is mostly between 9 to 15 degree Celsius, which is still below Air conditioner temperature of 19 degree Celsius. Most air conditioners in the banks run 19 degree Celsius and people still shiver when inside the banks.

Even during summer, Melbourne weather don't exceed 15 degree Celsius. Canberra has a pretty cold weather. Even Sydney has average temperature.

Australia temperature won't get you sweating. That's why they have one of the most amazing weather, not too cold and not too hot.

If you refer to a weather of 9 to 15 degree Celsius hot, then Canada will be pretty good for you as they have minus 20 degree Celsius.

I always thought that Australia is a dry country with lot of beautiful sea side and beaches.

Thank you for the enlightment
Re: My Amazement About Denmark by Okupevi1985: 5:36am On Jul 13
I sent a dm to you concerning this country
optimusprime2:

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Cheapest Flight To Houston Texas, Us From Nigeria. / Travel Buddy Needed 2018 / Aguda Is In What Local Government Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.