Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,317 members, 7,964,359 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 12:26 PM

Share Your Experience As A Freelancer - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Share Your Experience As A Freelancer (24918 Views)

What Is Your Experience As A 3rd Class Graduate / My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by danchuzzy(m): 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2021
Dandy1:

LOL. You are short changing yourself. If you are as good as you said you are, then you have more chances of making more money with foreign clients. Nowadays, I catch my clients on freelance sites and take them out of there.

Working from home is sweet, my neighbours think I'm into yahoo or something. �

I swear!!!

It is
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by danchuzzy(m): 2:55pm On Jul 04, 2021
Jh0wsef:

I am yet to understand how upwork works especially with 'connects'. I got tired of it sincerely

Connects are like the purchasing power on Upwork. Some jobs have higher connects required to put in the proposal.

Some jobs require 1 connect, others could require as much as 6 connects.

You pay for the connects as a free/basic member. Some other freelance sites have monthly subscription plans. Upwork uses connects.

On the average 10 connects cost $1.5 ( I type to be corrected).

That's why you need to select the jobs you submit proposals to. Make sure can convince the client to contact you.

Luckily now, clients contacting you for a job posting gives you 10 free connects!

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by danchuzzy(m): 2:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
abdulwahhab001:
That's my greatest Challenge, I had to give up at a certain time when almost to of my clients asked me to send security money, I was fed up and gave up, please any advice sir

Once you see security money. Walk away.

You have an indication for the most part with the job descriptions. If it's truly your field, you should be able to read the description and know that a project is genuine (for the most part).
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by danchuzzy(m): 2:57pm On Jul 04, 2021
Cipherson:
Where did everyone go to.?

Who is everyone?
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Birkin: 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2021
Ajiswaggs:
My own freelance work na survey. And I do make $30 daily if I'm lazy but I'm serious I can make up-to $50 a day.
please can I Dm you on this? Wish to learn from you
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 04, 2021
Hullabaloon:

Lol. OK, thanks bro. Before December, I promise myself I'll be a Ui/Ux designer.
Have you started learning ?
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by FunnyDude(m): 7:45pm On Jul 04, 2021
Meklex:
I make at least 500k/per month on Fiverr (not steady)

Senior I remember you

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Badbishop15(m): 9:19pm On Jul 04, 2021
Hello guys!
Can one do freelancing without a laptop...just a phone

I'm really interested, but i don't have a laptop yet

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by FunnyDude(m): 5:49am On Jul 05, 2021
I have earned 8 figures (millions) from Upwork. There's huge money in freelancing.
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by yemitexcel(m): 6:11am On Jul 05, 2021
FunnyDude:
I have earned 8 figures (millions) from Upwork. There's huge money in freelancing.

Please put me through. yemite07@gmail.com
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Generalwoodz(m): 8:05am On Jul 05, 2021
AntichristXXX:

Nope. Writer.
brother man, how far... I no chat you because of cheat code na writing stuff
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Generalwoodz(m): 8:09am On Jul 05, 2021
Shengfu:
I won’t say I make a lot on upwork but I do make more than the average job seeker. 300k ish monthly- I write so there are a lot of us. Trying to get into UX and UI to make it 7 figures. I will tell you one thing. The first few jobs are the hardest at least on upwork- once u crack the code of getting the first few jobs and ur Jss score reaches a nice number. Jobs will start coming in freely.
hey bro, I need your guidance Biko. I want to send PM
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Shengfu: 12:17pm On Jul 05, 2021
Generalwoodz:
hey bro, I need your guidance Biko. I want to send PM

I don’t really know how dm works here but if you point it out to me. I’ll definitely reply

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Generalwoodz(m): 12:50pm On Jul 05, 2021
Shengfu:

I don’t really know how dm works here but if you point it out to me. I’ll definitely reply

Simple stuff.
Go to the email you registered with on nairaland. You will see a mail from me.
Right now when you look up just below the trending icon, you will something like "generalwoodz emailed you. Check your email now"
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Hullabaloon: 2:57pm On Jul 05, 2021
ARCHEMEDESME:

Have you started learning ?

Not Yet
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 05, 2021
Hullabaloon:

Not Yet
if you start can you tell me . I'm looking for a learning partner

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Hullabaloon: 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2021
ARCHEMEDESME:

Which do you wanna learn? Ui or Ux?
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 05, 2021
Hullabaloon:
Which do you wanna learn? Ui or Ux?
both
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Richylayo: 6:15pm On Jul 06, 2021
Please can you put me through on how to go about it
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 06, 2021
AntichristXXX:
I make over 350k per month from Upwork. That's not much because that's only $750. If you're serious and good at what you do, you can make up to $5k. I know what I'm saying.

Please sir can I send you a dm? I a web developer with over three years experience but I am having difficulty getting any gigs on upwork,this is my portfolio mikkitech.com
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Jekhyde: 11:54pm On Jul 07, 2021
There are a lot of bosses on this thread.

Please sirs/ma's, I joined upwork about a month ago and I'm yet to make a sale. I'd appreciate tips on how you made your first sales, and sample proposals.
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Jashub: 12:19am On Jul 09, 2021
Ajiswaggs:
My own freelance work na survey. And I do make $30 daily if I'm lazy but I'm serious I can make up-to $50 a day.
How? Which site!? shocked
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Nasveex(m): 5:51pm On Jul 09, 2021
nosky006:
Fiverr, 15 Uk accounts $2,000 least every month
Whiteboard animation gig.

Is always advisable to do online and offline.

Also invest in businesses, to be able to survive in the waiting period and funds for review exchange

Boss can i have your whatsapp
number
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Nasveex(m): 5:56pm On Jul 09, 2021
Meklex:
I started freelancing in 2016. I have made close to $50k. Freelancing transcends being lazy or not. It has to do with ranking algorithm, luck, your gig description and your marketing prowess.

Hello boss, Is there anybody you could hook me up with, I write good cold emails, am an email copywriter even though I still need someone as a mentor or guide I can learn under and also make income
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Nasveex(m): 5:58pm On Jul 09, 2021
Shengfu:
I won’t say I make a lot on upwork but I do make more than the average job seeker. 300k ish monthly- I write so there are a lot of us. Trying to get into UX and UI to make it 7 figures. I will tell you one thing. The first few jobs are the hardest at least on upwork- once u crack the code of getting the first few jobs and ur Jss score reaches a nice number. Jobs will start coming in freely.

Hello boss, Is there anybody you could hook me up with, I write good cold emails, am an email copywriter even though I still need someone as a mentor or guide I can learn under and also make income.
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Hotspotbro(m): 12:03pm On Jul 13, 2021
Pls is Upwork better than Fiverr?

I switched to Fiverr because of Upwork's profile picture problem.

Writing it is.
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Legalverify: 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2021
VERIFIED PAYONEER ACCOUNTS

We are creating Verified Payoneer accounts both single and bulk orders are accepted.

Two packages include

1. Special Name application: N30,000 only ( You tell us the name you need on the Payoneer, if it's available, we go ahead and open a verified account)
2. Any name Application.: N20,000 only. ( we use random names to open a verified Payoneer account)

YOU START USING YOUR ACCOUNT AUTOMATICALLY AFTER APPROVAL IS CONFIRMED

Reach us on whatsapp: +234*706*457*1275
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Hullabaloon: 6:34pm On Jul 15, 2021
ARCHEMEDESME:

Sorry I forgot to reply this. Have you started learning?
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Fabulouslouie(m): 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2021
ArticleBeast:
While you may later earn as a Nigerian, it is difficult at first. Also if u are in the writing niche u will experience more difficult

I've been on upwork for a month now. I've applied for multiple jobs but no invite. cry
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by ArticleBeast: 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2021
Fabulouslouie:

I've been on upwork for a month now. I've applied for multiple jobs but no invite. cry
Work on your proposals, create sample (if you are a writer) on medium, and compare your profile with other top earners in your niche

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Generalwoodz(m): 7:37pm On Jul 16, 2021
I can't shout again...
How many months? 8months and counting yet nothing to show that is atleast worth while...
Help a brother pls
Re: Share Your Experience As A Freelancer by Fabulouslouie(m): 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2021
ArticleBeast:

Work on your proposals, create sample (if you are a writer) on medium, and compare your profile with other top earners in your niche

I've tried all that, but I'm still trying

Can I get a job from you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Shares How A Restaurant Cashier Who He Usually Tip Called To Ask For N200k / Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) / Which Hand-work Should I Learn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.