Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,793 members, 7,941,981 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 05:10 PM

I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Should Stop The Relationshi - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Should Stop The Relationshi (2172 Views)

EXCLUSIVE : Six (6) Amazing Keys In Building And Maintaining A Happy Relationshi / 8 Risks To Consider Before Getting Involved In A No-strings-attached Relationshi / The True Pillars Of Successful Relationship That Is Lacking In Today Relationshi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Should Stop The Relationshi by kokoye(m): 4:46pm On May 16, 2011
Tingles:

Why don't you beg the pastor, maybe he'll change his mind?

egbami o.  Beg him?? what da flipping f . . kk for?
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Should Stop The Relationshi by andypash(m): 11:20am On May 17, 2011
This is serious her pastor has told her no pros, while urs said dont go ahead, well the bible says that God is not an author of confussion am sure that there will be a reason from ur pastor maybe he want to know ur convinction about the lady
Sometime we dont play down nor down play the word of a man of God mostly the one u are under secondly as a believer God has given us the right to choose that why He said he that finds a wife findeth good thing and has obtain favour of God
No man of God should give his fellower a wife even God dont give wife again after adam accuse him that is the woman u gave me that lead me to this evil
I will advice u to meet other men of God u believe in for cousel on his issue also pray about it cos if u get married today whatever u see or face it will be u and ur wife alone and alone
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Should Stop The Relationshi by Tingles(m): 12:42pm On May 17, 2011
Pastor n dan agbara wo lasan ni. . . He was just playing god, it was the pastor's decision and the poster seems to believe the pastor more than he believes his heart.
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Should Stop The Relationshi by babydol: 1:27pm On May 17, 2011
@OP, I want to say I understand the pressure you are under but I won't as I am not in your shoe. I can guess the family pressure put on you as you are well of age. Saying that I will like to add this few lines of thought.

How well do you know this lady that stay at Ibadan?
Do you know if she also is under pressure to marry hence her pastor saying the relationship is ok?
Have you met her pastor?
Is the Pastor you took her name to your church pastor? Do you go to this pastor regularly and what are outcomes of other things he has prayed for?
Have you imagined what the future will be this lady be like?- You are in Lagos and she in Ibadan expect phone calls. day trips or weekend trip how well do you think you know.

To sum my thots up, marriage is more than a matter of the heart. It is a matter of your future destiny. It's either makes your or mar you. I'm not saying that this lady is not good for you but you need to have first hand information on what kind of family or home you want before deciding that it is for one another man (who is not going to be in the marriage) who should seek God's face before you go ahead

Don't bow down to pressure. I believe you should be able to pray and seek godly counsel about this issue.

I pray that whatever decision you make will be the best for you future. All the best!
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Should Stop The Relationshi by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 17, 2011
Much care bruv. It's a huge decision.
I woulda said you demand that your pastor man to explain why he said so. He shouldn't think himself too big to explain the things that come out of his mouth. . . that would be over-pompousness (a trait I sadly see in a lot of nigerian pastors). He is still just a man.
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Should Stop The Relationshi by MsSophista(f): 9:36pm On May 17, 2011
Hello Everyone! I am new to the forum. I like Natasha's comment. I believe that a MOG's purpose is mainly to confirm what God has already spoken to your heart. That is the reason people should have a vibrant relationship with his/her God. We call it a personal relationship. Along those lines, from a personal experience, I met a guy from Nigeria. We had some complications (nothing that couldn't be worked thru) and he told me that he was advised to marry a woman from Africa. I am an African American who loves the african culture. However, he is 30 and should know that both good and evil transcends ethnicity and culture period. People are people. Now, back to the forum. A sign of a mature man is his ability to make sound decisions. Yes, advice is good only when used it properly. My concern is if you two get married, who will make the decisions for your family. Will you be able to sit down to discuss and work through issues? Or, will there always be a third voice controlling your marriage and lives? Good luck
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Should Stop The Relationshi by Natasha2(f): 10:20pm On May 23, 2011
^^thanks and you added more sense cheesy
Re: I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Should Stop The Relationshi by livedit(f): 11:57pm On May 23, 2011
Being a Christian and loving the Lord as much as I do I know that when I pray and I do mean diligently (not once or twice, but diligently) seek Him every day.  He will answer my prayer.  Just because your Pastor proclaimed God told him no doesn't mean it was God who told him that.  No disrespect to the men of God, but I do NOT let any "man" who walk this earth and who is capable of "missing" it just like I can to determine my life.  Just like when your pastor prayed and he claimed God spoke to him, then God will do the same thing for you.  If God hasn't told you what this pastor said, then that is NOT from God.  God do not need to use another "vessel" to speak to His child.  Are you fasting and praying each day? Are you staying in His word?   What do you feel deep down in your spirit?  When you prayed for a mate, is this person who you prayed for?  God will send someone or even several people to "confirm" what He has told YOU already.  But as I say again, if God hasn't said so. Then you wait on the Lord.  Just because he is a pastor doesn't make him not human and unacceptable to mistakes.  What does your significant other say about this?  Has she been told that you aren't the one?  It's sad to say that some pastors don't want people to get married or sometimes feel they should be the one who choose your spouse.  Just read the book of 1st and 2nd Timothy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Can Make You Hit A Woman? / Get In Here And Officially Apologise To That Nairalander You Have Offended / Is It Normal 4 A Guy 2 Freak Out Wen He Hears A Lady Is In Dat "Time Of D Month"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.