Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,734 members, 7,935,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 11:41 PM

Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? (39072 Views)

What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) / Why Do Black Ladies Fix Contact Lens? / Pictures Of Hair Styles, Weave-ons, And Braids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 12:40pm On May 13, 2011
^^You have to understand that if hair piece falls off your head in public, a woman will not go and pick it up except if she has no choice. It is embarrassing.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by DaDoctor: 12:44pm On May 13, 2011
In as much as i feel the pains of the ladies. I still detest to some extent the degree of 'fakes' bore by a single lady at a glance(the nail, eye lashed, eye brow, the lips, and even most have resorted to plastic enlargment of their breast, and hips as i fear). My advise is lets keep it moderate and modest and look great still, afterall, the men already know all these and many are no longer moved by these BECAUSE THE CHARACTER IS WHAT TRUE MEN WATCH OUT FOR, but a combination of same with beauty wont be bad too. All these i know, shud have its side effect. I stand to be corrected though, even a s a doctor.
To me all these and the exposure of the boobs and other vital parts is leading to just more relationship failure due to lust and infatuation to a large extent.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by paraphase(m): 12:48pm On May 13, 2011
undecided
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 12:50pm On May 13, 2011
paraphase:

Somebody Please educate me on how to post Topic on NL,its so confusing help!!!

Go to Search at the top of the page, click on any section which is related to the topic  you going to post, click on *New Topic* on the left hand side of the page at the top.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-37.0.html

click on this link and look for the *New Topic* at the top
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by cap28: 12:53pm On May 13, 2011
black women have got to learn to be proud of what god gave them. the majority of those weaves look terrible.
honestly i dont know how some of these women that carry them around can leave their homes with those things on their heads.  This problem is now at an epidemic stage -many black women have been brainwashed into beleiving that european looking features and hair are superior to african ones, black women have got to stop buying into the western ideals of beauty and be confident in their own beauty, i know its hard with the daily bombardment from the western media of what is supposedly the ideal of beauty

i can only speak for myself but those weaves (especially the ones that are sooo long and fake looking) are a real turn off.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by abenipa(f): 12:56pm On May 13, 2011
Kai, na shame catch am, at least she go check the tightness of the next wig she buy and maybe obtain falling off warranty,
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by paraphase(m): 12:57pm On May 13, 2011
x
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Outstrip(f): 12:59pm On May 13, 2011
Everybody wears extensions now. Black girls (depending on were they are from) might be more flamboyant with their styles though
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by MrCork17: 1:02pm On May 13, 2011
I dont date dark skin females angry
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Iyineda(m): 1:02pm On May 13, 2011
cap28:

black women have got to learn to be proud of what god gave them. the majority of those weaves look terrible.
honestly i dont know how some of these women that carry them around can leave their homes with those things on their heads.  This problem is now at an epidemic stage -many black women have been brainwashed into beleiving that european looking features and hair are superior to african ones, black women have got to stop buying into the western ideals of beauty and be confident in their own beauty, i know its hard with the daily bombardment from the western media of what is supposedly the ideal of beauty

i can only speak for myself but those weaves (especially the ones that are sooo long and fake looking) are a real turn off.

I couldn't have said this better. Kudos.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by omaojo1: 1:06pm On May 13, 2011
monkeyleg:

That is how the other day, one was try to cross the road, when the attachment thing fell off. People started shouting at her to pick up her thing that it had fallen, She just kept a straight face and kept on walking. That is how 10,000 naira went down the drain. I no fit laff finish that day
monkeyleg:

My Sister, no be small thing that day oh, people dey call am, im just bold face dey waka dey go. And it was a hot Nigerians afternoon. Some in the crowd were even contemplating carrying the thing to go and give her. "Sista Ya Thing done Fall"

I no fit laugh this one finish oooooooooooo,
who go help me na?

Them no want follow God word:

1 Timothy 1.vs:

9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works

The manual for living.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by monkeyleg: 1:06pm On May 13, 2011
dont even talk about the eye lashes thing. Oh that one is just as bad. The other day, I almost bumped into one, the sight was so scary, I thought it was O-juju Calabar. To be honest the thing is ugly, it will give small children nightmares
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by yusuf2(m): 1:12pm On May 13, 2011
monkeyleg:

dont even talk about the eye lashes thing. Oh that one is just as bad. The other day, I almost bumped into one, the sight was so scary, I thought it was [b]O-juju Calaba[/b]r. To be honest the thing is ugly, it will give small children nightmares
LOL @ bolded
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by monkeyleg: 1:16pm On May 13, 2011
There is something to be said about beautiful natural Black women, they are indeed a joy to behold
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by osikhueme(f): 1:17pm On May 13, 2011
original human hair for sale, contact me if interested heheheh tongue
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Mynd44: 1:18pm On May 13, 2011
Funny thread
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by duno: 1:19pm On May 13, 2011
stanech:

U carry woman wey u think say she fine go house, u like her 100% Immediately she start remove her body amour you go begin dislike her

First Eyelash------ 100-10   = 90%

Wig   ----------------90-20 = 70%

Padded bra  ----------  70 -  30  =    40%

Mary kay facial treatmnt-------------- 40-20  = 20%

Padded pants--------------------  20-20    = 0%

She come down from her high hills 0-20       -20%

and by then e don too late

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 13, 2011
The worse thing is some of them fail to take care of the wigs to the extent that the wig will be emitting some strange odours after excessive usage.
Others after adorning these wigs don't even care to take care of the real hair underneath the wigs,and because of the wig they leave their real hair shabby.
Women/ I never can take them serious except for one THING,
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by mbulela: 1:50pm On May 13, 2011
pls don't get me started on this topic.
it is not just a Nigerian thing, it is a black woman thing.
It is so disgusting and irritating.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by LKRavitz(m): 2:02pm On May 13, 2011
fake people get under my skin regardless of race. black ladies take fake to a whole nother level. u have to give it to them. tuface shold do a remix for them my plastic african queens.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 13, 2011
stanech:

U carry woman wey u think say she fine go house, u like her 100% Immediately she start remove her body amour you go begin dislike her

First Eyelash------ 100-10   = 90%

Wig   ----------------90-20 = 70%

Padded bra  ----------  70 -  30  =    40%

Mary kay facial treatmnt-------------- 40-20  = 20%

Padded pants--------------------  20-20    = 0%

She come down from her high hills 0-20       -20%

and by then e don too late

LOL @ bolded. . . grin grin
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 13, 2011
Anybody can wear whatever extentions they want to wear on their head. Yes moderation is the key and it does look nice on some ladies.

Even white girls wear extentions too, not to talk of fake eyelashes, artificial nails, breast implants etc. Come to think of it the whites are the ones who manufactures this fake things, and we are putting all the blame on our black sisters.

They have the right to wear or use whatever they feel makes them beautiful. All this guys that are condemning them now believe me they love those girls that wear attachements as they call them. Hypocrites thats what you are
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 2010Idowu(f): 2:27pm On May 13, 2011
Here You All Go! Enjoy!  grin

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Cuteobi(f): 2:41pm On May 13, 2011
take my hair extensions,eyelashes,nails and am finished!
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by comechop(m): 2:46pm On May 13, 2011
monkeyleg:

There is something to be said about beautiful natural Black women, they are indeed a joy to behold

that is what our sisters dont know! I very much appreciate and more inclined to conversate with a black girl that has NATURAL hair - hell natural everything, there's just something so damn beautiful about a woman just being herself, esp if the hair is short (lol no be ur fault), but well adorned. RESPECT! ! ! !
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by maclatunji: 2:47pm On May 13, 2011
This thread is really hilarious!
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 2010Idowu(f): 2:49pm On May 13, 2011
Natural vs Un Natural: lipsrsealed

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by armyofone(m): 2:50pm On May 13, 2011
laughing at thread grin
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by monkeyleg: 2:53pm On May 13, 2011
@Siena,

Nobody is blaming black women, all we are saying is that what might be good for oyibo may not necessarily be good for our sisters. you find out how much they spend trying to look like you. Better find out from someone who has woken up next to one the next morning, wash away all that fakeness, and the sight aint pretty.

Our women and beautiful the way God made them
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by KKEZ: 3:07pm On May 13, 2011
@ belawilly[
color=#006600] In as much as I agree with the ttn- I think it is the guys who are causing us the problems!!! Who wants to be going through all the pain and stress of looking good (u can only imagine the hell we go through sometimes), but believe me when you begin to hear your guy say “hmmm I wish your hair looks this good or I like the chick in my office who says she wears this her make up this kind of way” you begin to wonder.[/color]

God bless u my sister!! Wetin women go do wey men no go talk?
You bleach (becos of them) them go talk , 'OYIBO TORONTO'
You buy bombom (becos of them) them go talk ', FAKE'
You leave your bombom (becos of yourself) them go talk , 'LEKPA, STICK TILAPIA'
You leave your boby (becos of yourself) them go talk , 'NO FRONTAL ATTRACTION'
You no 'fix your hear (becos of yourself) them to talk , 'NAH! ACIENT WOMAN!
ALL THESE BROS NA THE MASQURADE AND TUTU WEY UNA FIND U NA SEE
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by DamiKhojie(m): 3:08pm On May 13, 2011
2010Idowu:

Natural vs Un Natural:  lipsrsealed

Yeah cause that make sense compare a random average girl to a super-model,

Two sisters.

[img]http://2.bp..com/_FIuTFhewXM8/TDpIwtxjPyI/AAAAAAAAAJM/mEeKtRhoLEk/s1600/beyonce-knowles-stars-300a101006.jpg[/img]
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by DamiKhojie(m): 3:11pm On May 13, 2011
Don't even have a problem with attachments or weaves I just don't like when girls go over the top with it or when they're just plain bad and in a lot of cases they're it seems like they're one of the two

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? / Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? / Shatu Garko Wins 2021 Miss Nigeria Pageant (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.