Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:51 PM

Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? (39022 Views)

What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) / Why Do Black Ladies Fix Contact Lens? / Pictures Of Hair Styles, Weave-ons, And Braids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by xperttiles: 10:35pm On May 13, 2011
Abeg make una no spoil my market o grin tongue I take God beg you

Don't discourage black girls (especially Nigerian girls) from buying weaves, brazilian hair, indian hair, wigs etc

#smiling to the bank wink
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by isalegan2: 10:43pm On May 13, 2011
xperttiles:

Abeg make una no spoil my market o  grin tongue I take God beg you

grin grin grin  No one wants to spoil your market.  If the demand for weave goes down, something else will take its place.  I'm sure you're industrious enough to cash in no matter what's in fashion.  For example, haircolor is very popular amongst women who wear their natural hair.

It's all good.  wink
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kabukabu(m): 10:58pm On May 13, 2011
Another reeason I hate fake hair on ladies is that fake stuff comes off when I pull their hair(yep,I like to do it rough) grin grin grin grin, tired of having crowns and hairpins all over my sheets. grin grin grin
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by sosilly1(m): 11:05pm On May 13, 2011
Labelle:

Emailed. Sent chat msgs. Still, silence.

Sorry, just checked my inbox, nothing. Just to confirm ice_sid1@yahoo.co.uk with an underscore.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 13, 2011
Most Nigerian girls spend so much time and money on fake hairs and make up. . . only to come off looking frighteningly horrible.

And for the fact that its their right to dress whichever way that makes them happy, I feel more of pity than disgust for them. undecided
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Ib(f): 11:51pm On May 13, 2011
I dont understand why women do this. Men just barb their hair, spending 500 - 1500 per cut. No nails no nothing. Women on the other hand spend spend spend on assets that dont appreciate, hustle and sell their body to look for men only to spend it all on the same thing! i dont understand us sometimes.

Since i toned down on my addiction to fakeness, the quality of men that i attract has increased in integrity, quality and responsible behaviour. If only women can see the light.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tpia5: 12:56am On May 14, 2011
weaves, butt pads, bosom enlargement, fake eyelashes, lipstick, eyeliner, eye shadow, etc etc.

i'm yet to see any man [especially these nigerian ones] who doesnt like beyonce, gabrielle union, halle berry, or any of the sexy celebrities we see every day.

they even have a thread where they waank to people who they assume are female.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 2:24am On May 14, 2011
[size=18pt]Hair attachment is the biggest manifestation of low self esteem from deep seated inferiority complex. I have often wondered what white people think privately when they observe this sickening attempt at aping[/size]
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 2:47am On May 14, 2011
jerseyboy:

[size=18pt]Hair attachment is the biggest manifestation of low self esteem from deep seated inferiority complex. I have often wondered what white people think privately when they observe this sickening attempt at aping[/size]
This comment is ignorant. If you do your research you will see that hair attachments have been used by Africans in Africa eons before the whites came.

It might not have been brazilian or indian remy but attachments were used
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by adamse(f): 3:04am On May 14, 2011
tpia@:

weaves, butt pads, bosom enlargement, fake eyelashes, lipstick, eyeliner, eye shadow, etc etc.

i'm yet to see any man [especially these nigerian ones] who doesnt like beyonce, gabrielle union, halle berry, or any of the sexy celebrities we see every day.

they even have a thread where they waank to people who they assume are female.

classic!!

u guys sef,  
on second thoughts - u guys are not making sense!!
av not seen any sensible comment from haters of hair attachment to show that after a while u wont get tired of "naturals" too.
it has to be wat u like right?
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by GL(f): 3:06am On May 14, 2011
Hmmm, so many guys advocating natural hair/look. yet it's the girls with the supermodel look that have all the guys falling over. the problem is with the general perception of beauty, which wouldn't change very much no matter what we say. Many women look more beautiful with long hair, and that's why hair extensions are used by women everywhere. it's more obvious with blacks because it's usually of a different texture than our natural hair, and then we don't grow very long hair naturally.

natural hair is quite difficult to maintain. i've been natural for 2 years, and it's not getting any easier. in fact, it gets harder as the hair grows longer. it takes at least 15 minutes to comb through my hair, about an hour to flat iron, and it requires a lot of creativity (and hours watching other people's videos on youtube) to come up with hairstyles. so for guys who complain about girls spending so much time and money on weaves, they'll still need to spend a lot of time and some money too on natural hair.

about smelly hair, that's simply a maintenance issue. it doesn't smell because it's artificial, but because of infrequent washing or wearing it for too long.

padded bras what's wrong with them? i can understand the fakery of push ups, but there's nothing wrong with padded bras. and even the push ups, i think the reason for wearing them is more of visual stimulation than deceit.

jerseyboy:

white people use hair extensions too.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 3:19am On May 14, 2011
<< doesn't wear weave smiley
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by mojounited(m): 3:29am On May 14, 2011
^MzD Liar liar. .Is that not weave you have on Aha, I know Jamo is Jamaican, what's Akata?
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Oba234: 4:10am On May 14, 2011
[b]Men are hypocrites. Men always claim they like a woman with less make up, more natural, etc. Basically bull sh#t. Have you noticed the kind of black women that gets the most attention from guys? They are far from natural. These women wear the most makeup, wear the most weaves, etc.  When you ask guys who they consider beautiful, who do they name? People like Kim Kardashian and Beyonce. All these women with fake long hair, fake eyelashes, fake booty, fake bosom and this contributes to women wanting to look like these celebrities subconsiciously. Guys will say they like natural,  but when at the club or at a party they walk up to the fakest girl.  Why don't guys take their own advice and start chasing towards the more natural women and I bet you will se a change in Women's attitude.

I have learned that guys just like the idea of a natural woman more than a natural woman herself.  They don't want to know that make up and fake hair is what his making their girlfriend or fiance look beautiful. For example, a guy will complain about his woman putting on makeup, but once you put on the make up, they give you a compliment.

*disclaimer* This is just my opinion.                     [/b]
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by software(m): 5:33am On May 14, 2011
i personally dont like attachment , but i cant do anything about it because it!, i feel people should remain natural, if u have a short hair, thats just what GOD Wants u to have, there is lots of beauty in remaning natural, most ladies are like cartoons,
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by comechop(m): 6:15am On May 14, 2011
Oba234:

[b]Men are hypocrites. Men always claim they like a woman with less make up, more natural, etc. Basically bull sh#t. Have you noticed the kind of black women that gets the most attention from guys? They are far from natural. These women wear the most makeup, wear the most weaves, etc.  When you ask guys who they consider beautiful, who do they name? People like Kim Kardashian and Beyonce. All these women with fake long hair, fake eyelashes, fake booty, fake bosom and this contributes to women wanting to look like these celebrities subconsiciously. Guys will say they like natural,  but when at the club or at a party they walk up to the fakest girl.  Why don't guys take their own advice and start chasing towards the more natural women and I bet you will se a change in Women's attitude.

I have learned that guys just like the idea of a natural woman more than a natural woman herself.  They don't want to know that make up and fake hair is what his making their girlfriend or fiance look beautiful. For example, a guy will complain about his woman putting on makeup, but once you put on the make up, they give you a compliment.

*disclaimer* This is just my opinion.                     [/b]

you're hanging with the wrong crowd then. yes, men may want to hit up w the chick with the fakest everything, but they will never wife her. ever.

There is just something about a woman that decides to take the plunge, accept her self for who she is and is just OOZING confidence that is so dammm attractive! Thats what ya'll dont know yet.

I dare you to try it - and notice how the class of attention you attract will definitely change.

p.s missy kim kard is for the most part natural - check out her pre-stardom pics/videos - she was still ridiculously attractive then.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Jenifa1: 7:27am On May 14, 2011

p.s missy kim kard is for the most part natural - check out her pre-stardom pics/videos - she was still ridiculously attractive then.

well, kim Kardishian is not a black woman.
why not mention Lauryn hill or other actual natural black women?

this thread is hypocrisy at best.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Orikinla(m): 7:46am On May 14, 2011
Majority of black women feel inferior to white women in looks and prefer to have flowing straight hair like white women and they bleach, tone or do skin wash to imitate white ladies. Personally I do not like black women who have fake hair or wig. So, without it, THEY ARE UGLY.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Decryptor(m): 8:07am On May 14, 2011
tpia@:

First of all, i don't like beyonce. Secondly, what is basically noticed in the likes of these hollywood stars u mentioned is their physique which majority of Nigerian girls don't have.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by sledge406: 8:09am On May 14, 2011
A human wakes on a day and puts this thing on her head and feels she's okay, right? All 'em barbie doll girls. . .What's could be more annoying than seeing comments fly by on social networking sites complimenting them?

Well, like some said, we are hypocrites but then it is best to keep shut than appreciate something you would condemn on a normal day all because of kpekus. Chei!!!

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Decryptor(m): 8:16am On May 14, 2011
kandiikane:

This comment is ignorant. If you do your research you will see that hair attachments have been used by Africans in Africa eons before the whites came.

It might not have been brazilian or indian remy but attachments were used
OK, I think u just lied. In what part of Nigeria did they use attachments prior to the colonial period when we all know that women went on plaited hair.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 11:55am On May 14, 2011
GL:

white people use hair extensions too.  

The extensions are imitation of their natural hair.
EVERYONE KNOWS IT IS FAKE ON AFRICAN WOMEN. THIS IS HOW A WHOLE RACE IS IS SELLING THEMSELVES SHORT.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 12:34pm On May 14, 2011
Decryptor:

OK, I think u just lied. In what part of Nigeria did they use attachments prior to the colonial period when we all know that women went on plaited hair.

I think you also need to do research on the matter. I am not Nigerian so I would not know if Nigeria used it prior to the colonial period. You have to do your research before you throw out a nonsensical comment. I wrote Africa not Nigeria, is Nigeria the only place in Africa?

But looking at artifacts from Nigeria I would say it was used by many tribes.

Africans have been using attachments for thousands of years before whites came. Whether it is to insert it into the hair to create a sculptured look or to twist it with the natural hair to create a locks look.
The only difference I will say they have today is "brazilian hair, indian remy" etc
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:58pm On May 14, 2011
the worse of them is this fake eye lash thing. it makes even the most decent lady look hard
and immoral like a LovePeddler! sad
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by ektbear: 1:55pm On May 14, 2011
*subscribes*
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tpia5: 2:07pm On May 14, 2011
jerseyboy:

EVERYONE KNOWS IT IS FAKE ON AFRICAN WOMEN. THIS IS HOW A WHOLE RACE IS IS SELLING THEMSELVES.

hmm, so this is real:

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by cap28: 2:31pm On May 14, 2011
jerseyboy:

EVERYONE KNOWS IT IS FAKE ON AFRICAN WOMEN. THIS IS HOW A WHOLE RACE IS IS SELLING THEMSELVES SHORT.

exactly, hair extensions on white women blend in with their natural hair and most people cant tell the difference, on black women in most cases you CAN tell the difference and it looks odd, believe me everyone can tell its fake and i hear a lot of disparaging comments from whites about the wigs and weave on that black women insist on parading around in, ladies there are guys out here who will still appreciate you without those wigs.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by cap28: 2:50pm On May 14, 2011
this brother sets out very clearly  how  i feel about black women who wear weaves:

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkVkJ6xKEgk&feature/relmfu[/flash]
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Orton10(m): 3:50pm On May 14, 2011
Why should I be "sick". . .?
They aren't wearing it on my head and neither is the money from my pocket . . .*coughs*. . .
Each to each own . . .afteral "Its all for the love of Men" - right?
. . .keeping it clean is all i ask . . .!
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by N101: 3:58pm On May 14, 2011
@ tttn726 - I don't know where in the UK you are, but I've seen more and much worse in Lagos.  I'm sure many women don't even remember what their natural hair looks like.  

But men liking "natural" look is a joke at best - this may be true for some, but there are many who will go for the Barbie doll look on a black woman over natural.  A woman with short natural hair? Must be a Lesbian.   If her hair's longer maybe she can't afford s perm or - God forbid - a weave.

I had a discussion about this recently.  In the late 60s and 70s it was all about being "Black and Proud", afros, corn rows, natural hairdos etc were all part of that - what happened?  The other person said women now proudly wear weaves because they think they've arrived and "fight" or stand for nothing.  

And you know what they say about people who stand for nothing, cool
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by N101: 3:59pm On May 14, 2011
Orton1_0:

. . .keeping it clean is all i ask . . .!

** cough cough** shocked shocked grin
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 14, 2011
fake hairr, fake eyes, fake installed nails, fake bosoms, tighthen breast, wat else again?? abeg include if yhu knw any, i don tire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? / 13 Times Nigerian Women Proved They Are Beautiful In Photos / Evelyn Chukwujekwu Crowned Mrs. Nigeria United Nations 2021 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.