Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,326 members, 7,900,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 04:45 PM

Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? (39019 Views)

What Kind Of Hair Do You Have? ( Pictures.. ) / Why Do Black Ladies Fix Contact Lens? / Pictures Of Hair Styles, Weave-ons, And Braids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tttn726: 3:11pm On May 13, 2011
Here is to the "LESS IS MORE" campaign

Its not about getting rid of accessories, enhancements etc

Its just "LESS IS MORE"
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 234GT(m): 3:14pm On May 13, 2011
Have you ever seen a lady with red eyeshadow, green lipstick and blue earrings? You would think that you are in the middle of a masquerade ceremony. I think our policemen should start arresting ladies who carry grotesque make ups and charging them for irritating the sight of innocent people. Trust the policemen. They will make a lot of money from that.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 3:21pm On May 13, 2011
paraphase:

@kandiikane
Thanks alot hun,I got it!!! You are so cute :d

Aww, you are welcome smiley

Mr, Cork:

I dont date dark skin females angry

you are getting so annoying with these quotes of yours it is unbeweaveable(pun intended)

Richvkunt:

The worse thing is some of them fail to take care of the wigs to the extent that the wig will be emitting some strange odours after excessive usage.
Others after adorning these wigs don't even care to take care of the real hair underneath the wigs,and because of the wig they leave their real hair shabby.
Women/ I never can take them serious except for one THING,

Lmao
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Ibomade1: 3:24pm On May 13, 2011
@ Poster I was just telling a friend that visited from Nigeria the same thing 3days ago.
Can't believe this is a thread on Nairaland.  cheesy cheesy

I am sure that the girl we saw has no mirror in her house Black babe with golden extensions that reached her waist
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 2010Idowu(f): 3:25pm On May 13, 2011
Have you ever seen a lady with red eyeshadow, green lipstick and blue earrings? You would think that you are in the middle of a masquerade ceremony. I think our policemen should start arresting ladies who carry grotesque make ups and charging them for irritating the sight of innocent people. Trust the policemen. They will make a lot of money from that

Have you ever seen a man with red eyes yellow teeth pink and black lips a huge round pregnant belle and rusty ankles?  It's enuf to make u  cry
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by MrGunnu(m): 3:31pm On May 13, 2011
I can never be feel sick much more than I am.The thing irritates me,that which they call weave-on looks like chicken feathers i don't even know the word to classify it wiv and then they start itching their heads and banging on it as if its a microphone being tested gosh, ladies an advice try looking natural and descentdoes not mean u don't have money or your boyfriend is broke or u are broke.cheers
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Sike(m): 3:33pm On May 13, 2011
maclatunji:

This thread is really hilarious!
Boldly HILARIOUS!!
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Sike(m): 3:34pm On May 13, 2011
maclatunji:

This thread is really hilarious!
Boldly HILARIOUS!!
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tboy1(m): 3:37pm On May 13, 2011
Mr Gunnu:

I can never be feel sick much more than I am.The thing irritates me,that which they call weave-on looks like chicken feathers i don't even know the word to classify it wiv and then they start itching their heads and banging on it as if its a microphone being tested gosh, ladies an advice try looking natural and descentdoes not mean u don't have money or your boyfriend is broke or u are broke.cheers

cheesy grin cheesy grin

BTW: Where are all those regular female posters on NL? grin grin
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 3:39pm On May 13, 2011
2010Idowu:

Have you ever seen a man with red eyes yellow teeth pink and black lips a huge round pregnant belle and rusty ankles? It's enuf to make u cry
lmaoooooooo
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by stanech: 3:42pm On May 13, 2011
tboy1:

cheesy grin cheesy grin

All guilty as charged cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 3:44pm On May 13, 2011
you men sef una need for go siddom na corner
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by turboman(m): 3:47pm On May 13, 2011
see them, naija people, hypocrites on the loose. Blabbing nonsense on nairaland. If you have ever told your girlfriend or wife to stop using makeup and artificial hair/add-on, then cast the first stone.

I like makeup and fake hair because they contribute a great deal to to womans beauty. It is near impossible for a lady to go all natural and still please the average guy in this our time except in rare cases.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by kandiikane(m): 3:48pm On May 13, 2011
turboman:

see them, naija people, hypocrites on the loose. Blabbing nonsense on nairaland. If you have ever told your girlfriend or wife to stop using makeup and artificial hair/add-on, then cast the first stone.

I like makeup and fake hair because they contribute a great deal to to womans beauty. It is near impossible for a lady to go all natural and still please the average guy in this our time except in rare cases.

That is true right there.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by tttn726: 3:56pm On May 13, 2011
kandiikane:

That is true right there.

You miss the point

Its not about getting rid of enhancements entirely

The best description is
Ibo-made:

@ Poster I was just telling a friend that visited from Nigeria the same thing 3days ago.
Can't believe this is a thread on Nairaland. cheesy cheesy

I am sure that the girl we saw has no mirror in her house Black babe with golden extensions that reached her waist
and
tboy1:

cheesy grin cheesy grin

It's now the case that majority now look like masquerades!

I appreciate the frenetic pace of life here and in Lagos for that matter but WTF is happening?!

LESS IS MORE
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by monkeyleg: 4:08pm On May 13, 2011
That itching and banging head, na im I no understand. Why all this wahala.

This is not about doing things in moderation, the excess na im de cos trouble
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 2010Idowu(f): 4:17pm On May 13, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d kiss

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Mubz(m): 4:23pm On May 13, 2011
Fake Hair, Fake Lips, Fake eye-lids, Fake lips, Fake butt, fake Breast but they still go about wanting Real Men , How Ironic the World we live in, cry
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 2010Idowu(f): 4:24pm On May 13, 2011

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 13, 2011
thats realtalk. What I h8 about that fake hair is the way it itches when it touches the skin especiially when u're kinda intimiate with ur girl. it can be a real distraction when U got ur frequency just right and u have move the itchy mess out of the way, and the ladies Dont u get irritated having that sh!t on ur head and after a few days U start patting ur head in a bid 2 relieve the itch. cool
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:32pm On May 13, 2011
you can't beat natural. all these attachments are really uneccessary.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by DamiKhojie(m): 4:42pm On May 13, 2011
turboman:

It's not about getting rid of it it's about being classy and not going over the top. Like not having these gaudy weaves in ridiculous colors . The same thing with make up where girls put too much no one has a problem with make up but use it properly and make sure it compliments ur skin not this bright red lipstick and blue eyeshadow.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by deadie(m): 4:42pm On May 13, 2011
I was just telling this to my sister the other day. I HATE wig, weave on and attachment. I also hate the way Nigerian ladies put on make up. Frankly, I really don't care if my girl friend shaves her hair, just leave it clean. It is really disgusting the make up and other additions that most girls put on at times.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by DamiKhojie(m): 4:45pm On May 13, 2011
2010Idowu:

So you skipped over my other reply natural doesn't mean ur hair has to be nappy or messy
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by 2010Idowu(f): 4:48pm On May 13, 2011
@Dami, No, I saw it,
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 13, 2011
turboman:

thank you. they don't realize they are part of the problem. maybe if you stopped staring at girls with green eyes and long hair flowing down her back, then girls wouldn't feel the need to get all these weaves and things. even one poster to make his point about what he likes put up a picture of a white girl with short straight hair. you are not serious.

KKEZ:

@ belawilly[
color=#006600] In as much as I agree with the ttn- I think it is the guys who are causing us the problems!!! Who wants to be going through all the pain and stress of looking good (u can only imagine the hell we go through sometimes), but believe me when you begin to hear your guy say “hmmm I wish your hair looks this good or I like the chick in my office who says she wears this her make up this kind of way” you begin to wonder.[/color]

God bless u my sister!! Wetin women go do wey men no go talk?
You bleach (becos of them) them go talk , 'OYIBO TORONTO'
You buy bombom (becos of them) them go talk ', FAKE'
You leave your bombom (becos of yourself) them go talk , 'LEKPA, STICK TILAPIA'
You leave your boby (becos of yourself) them go talk , 'NO FRONTAL ATTRACTION'
You no 'fix your hear (becos of yourself) them to talk , 'NAH! ACIENT WOMAN!
ALL THESE BROS NA THE MASQURADE AND TUTU WEY UNA FIND U NA SEE

+1
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by sosilly1(m): 5:13pm On May 13, 2011
I never really cared about natural v hair pieces, until I dated a girl that rocked natural! Not looked back since wink.

The picture some guys will paint about going natural, you would expect these girls to have curly hair reaching out to you from the cleavage or that she runs away from make up and smells like running shoes. You are thinking of those tree hugging hippies. It takes dedication, discipline and confidence to go natural and maintain it. Some of the qualities I love & look for in a lady. So, when I see a lady with well kept natural hair & make up, I know that to some degree she has those qualities I'm looking for.

p.s I would not date a lady just cuz of her hair but a lady with natural hair would catch my eye 1st, just saying kiss  

p.s.s Next time you see a lady with natural hair, throw her a compliment (without being sleazy) and notice how different her response/reaction is.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by rasputinn(m): 5:34pm On May 13, 2011
Personally,I prefer 'em neatly natural;it's easier for me fingers to run through without entanglements
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by shollyboy2: 5:38pm On May 13, 2011
if you dont have anything good thing to say, its not a must for you to post here on here, you just wasted your connection to post this shit menh go and watch TV.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by chyke27(m): 5:42pm On May 13, 2011
I adored my last two sisters' appearance simply because they never used weaveons which I have odium for,unfortunately,in the last couple of years,when they became undergraduates they also joined the bandwagon. One of them even told me that her fiance doesn't like it as well and it gets me wondering why our girls are in love with this rather unfortunate alien culture. For me, I won't touch a lady with a weaveon with a mile long pole apparently because it looks odd on the African,extremely odd perhaps. I confess I have nothing against a permed hair and braids because they look instinctively neater,and create an aura of meticlousness on the lady. Moreso,the fact that weaveons are more loosely bound,there's a higher tendency of fall offs making them more messy and unhygienic.I remember seeing it in a plate of rice years ago while eating in an uncle's house,not a strand but a bunch. A case of avoidable embarassment for the family. I think our young women should really review this hair extensions culture. It is neither aesthetically nor hygienically acceptable to me. At least in my own little world.
Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of Hair Attachements In Our Black Ladies? by vladimiros: 5:45pm On May 13, 2011
i was watching blackberry babes ( movie Nollywood) and i can swear all the girls in the movie had Weaves on

it got so disgusting to watch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? / 13 Times Nigerian Women Proved They Are Beautiful In Photos / Evelyn Chukwujekwu Crowned Mrs. Nigeria United Nations 2021 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.