Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,055 members, 7,906,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:22 PM

Fashola Strikes Again - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Strikes Again (9576 Views)

Boko Haram Strikes Again In Adamawa, Burns Down Military Artillery / Nigerian Air Force Strikes Boko Haram Terrorist’s Vehicle Workshop / Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Nobody: 11:24am On May 15, 2011
igbogolo:

With all respect, your comment is devoid of common sense. We are talking about the obvious beggers on the roads, roundsbouts, with children running and begging while their parents prods them. You know the beggers we are talking about so please stop typing nonsense. I maintain that such comments like yours come from people who to not live in Lagos. If you truly live or lived in Lagos, you would not pile your ignorant dung high up to the heavens.

Babapupa made very good comment that you so ignorantly replied to. Please stop talking nonsense! Hiss

With due respect, sir, you seem mentally incapacitated. The fact that you hate beggars so much does not give your views pre-eminence over others. We're making a case for the sense in a given law, and you're busy obfuscating the issues. . .due to no fault of yours I reckon; one can't reason beyond his limited mental capacity. And of course you're too obtuse to know that you cannot prove to a court that Mr. A is a beggar and Mr B (stranded citizen) is not, even though they both engaged in the same act of publicly soliciting for financial assistance. And that Mr C. would be commiting a crime by giving money to Mr. A, but wouldn't be commiting a crime by giving money to Mr. B. These contextual  nuances are too complex for simpletons like you to comprehend. The fact remains that the law cannot tell me who to give money to and who not to. Unless of course I'm contributing money towards some criminal enterprise - in which case I would then be rightly regarded as an accomplice for aiding and abetting crime. But as long as such money is spent for perfectly legal (and in fact charitable) ends, then any law that purports to compel me to spend my money this or that way is totally senseless. . .and would of course appeal to folks like you that are devoid of sense.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Nobody: 11:34am On May 15, 2011
Mariory:

Of course you could always buy another car in the first place. There are a lot of states in Nigeria where you will not be arrested for giving money to beggers on the street.

Before typing all that irrelevant stuff have you even read the law in question? Or is this one of those occasions where you are just blowing smoke out of your own a.s.s because you feel like it?

You should take your own advice.

And I suppose you're convinced that these meaningless quips of yours is tantamount to making sense? You don't convince anybody of anything by being a smart-a.rs.e. This is becoming too rampant on NL; folks would resort to meaningless sarcasms and witticisms when they run out of sense.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by igbogolo: 11:36am On May 15, 2011
pro01:

With due respect, sir, you seem mentally incapacitated. The fact that you hate beggars so much does not give your views pre-eminence over others. We're making a case for the sense in a given law, and you're busy confuscating the issues. . .due to no fault of yours I reckon; one can't reason beyond his limited mental capacity. And of course you're too obtuse to know that you cannot prove to a court that Mr. A is a beggar and Mr B (stranded citizen) is not, even though they both engaged in the same act of publicly soliciting for financial assistance. And that Mr C. would be commiting a crime by giving money to Mr. A, but wouldn't be commiting a crime by giving money to Mr. B. These contextual  nuances are too complex for simpletons like you to comprehend. The fact remains that the law cannot tell me who to give money to and who not to. Unless of course I'm contributing money towards some criminal enterprise - in which case I would then be rightly regarded as an accomplice for aiding and abetting crime. But as long as such money is spent for perfectly legal (and in fact charitable) ends, then any law that purports to compel me to spend my money this or that way is totally senseless. . .and would of course appeal to folks like you that are devoid of sense.

Another thrash. No need wasting my time with you.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Nobody: 11:41am On May 15, 2011
igbogolo:

Another thrash. No need wasting my time with you.

Exactly. Now go and grow some more brain cells. . .although I think it might be too late.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Mariory(m): 11:43am On May 15, 2011
pro01:

And I suppose you're convinced that these meaningless quips of yours is tantamount to making sense? You don't convince anybody of anything by being a smart-a.rs.e. This is becoming too rampant on NL; folks would resort to meaningless sarcasms and witticisms when they run out of sense.

^^ ^^
Pointless and irrelevant gibberish. I asked you a question.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by EkoIle1: 12:09pm On May 15, 2011
pro01:

You should quit running your mouth with the ridiculous and ill-fitting examples you cited above. It's 'clear-cut' that you have no clue about law, its applications, contexts, and enforceability. . . so because I'm "not above the law", it would be illegal for me to give my own money to a stranded stranger if Fashola says so? Who is a 'beggar' in the eyes of the law? How do you differentiate  a beggar from a stranded citizen who solicits for help from a kind hearted fellow citizen? How do you contextualize that in the eyes of the law? Any random id.iot with a tiny bit of common sense would see all sorts of complications and nuances that invariably render this foolish law sterile, unenforceable, and dead-on-arrival. Soon it would be illegal to exchange pleasantries with an acqaintance in public, simply because Fashola said so. Was law made for man or was man made for law? Some laws are STU.PID and should be challenged in a democratic society, not meekly obeyed simply because you're "not above the law". I wonder what the world would have been like today if the likes of Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King had this 'obey-before-complain' mentality of yours. Please stop pretending to know what you're talking about.

lol @ Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King. What's next? This is a civil rights issue and the beggars are fighting for their civil rights hun?

Must I even waste my time attending to this stitched up irrelevant and all over the place rubbish?
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by igbogolo: 12:26pm On May 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

lol @ Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King. What's next? This is a civil rights issue and the beggars are fighting for their civil rights hun?

Must I even waste my time attending to this stitched up irrelevant and all over the place rubbish?

LOL! Just ignore the pro 01 goon. His ignorance has metastasized and has entered terminal stage.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by sley4life(m): 12:27pm On May 15, 2011
Mynd_44:

Nice it should go both ways not only the beggars are to blame but those who give alms without questioning. Most of this beggars would rather be on the streets harrasing others rather than be productive.
I  have seen a case where a woman was begging on the road side with a set of twins that will be less than three months old what kind of future are we setting for those babies how about the security issues. S[b]ome parents would rather have their kids on the streets than in school even when the schools are free.[/b]
Gbam!
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by sley4life(m): 1:25pm On May 15, 2011
It shud b increased
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

You should have known that ab initio before quoting me and running your foul mouth all over my opinions in the first place. And that applies to the other arrogantly ignorant buffoons here that love playing online bullies. I always wonder why some of you are in the habit of insulting others just because they hold contrary opinions. I'm sure you can state your opinion (just like every other person) without looking for who to harrass with your bad breath.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by babapupa: 2:38pm On May 15, 2011
pro01:

You should have known that ab initio before quoting me and running your foul mouth all over my opinions in the first place. And that applies to the other arrogantly ignorant buffoons here that love playing online bullies. I always wonder why some of you are in the habit of insulting others just because they hold contrary opinions. I'm sure you can state your opinion (just like every other person) without looking for who to harrass with your bad breath.

You spew insults post after post and you are sitting here crying about some percieved insults? Your posts is full of mindless irrelevancies and silly hyperboles that's got nothing to do with the topic. Calling peole ignorant buffoons doesn't sound like insult you?

Sounds like you enjoying hearing yourself talk and if that's the case, go lock yourself up in a room and go at it, but please stop derailing the topic  with your mindless and aimless rubbish.

What's Rosa Parks and MLK got to do with beggars and public safety in Lagos Nigeria? Are you mad? Abeg hold your self.

You really are a waste of time.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by coolestboy(m): 3:18pm On May 15, 2011
pro01:

every1 wit his or her opinion, i wondered y n/landers do abuse and embarrass one anoda on dis site. It's unfair please change esp ileke idi and eko ile
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 15, 2011
babapupa:

You spew insults post after post and you are sitting here crying about some percieved insults? Your posts is full of mindless irrelevancies and silly hyperboles that's got nothing to do with the topic. Calling peole ignorant buffoons doesn't sound like insult you?

Sounds like you enjoying hearing yourself talk and if that's the case, go lock yourself up in a room and go at it, but please stop derailing the topic  with your mindless and aimless rubbish.

What's Rosa Parks and MLK got to do with beggars and public safety in Lagos Nigeria? Are you mad? Abeg hold your self.

You really are a waste of time.

I RETALIATE insults; I don't start insults. If you're not suffering from amnesia you would recall that I was minding my business stating my opinions before you intruded into my space by quoting me and saying that I was talking 'rubbish'. That was what started the vicious cycle of insults. I don't ever START fights here on Nairaland, but I very well RETALIATE. If I'm gonna quote anyone, its either I agree with him/her, or disagree with the substance of their views. . .not insult them by calling their views 'rubbish' just because they differ from mine. You don't just quote someone and tell them they're talking 'rubbish' because you disagree with their views. And then when the person responds in kind, your hyperactive ego would go into overdrive, imagine the arrogance. Who the hell do you nitwits think you are that your views should never be negated? You online bullies are just so despicable.

Get a life. You and everything you represent are a waste of time. Worthless maggot.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by cold(m): 3:59pm On May 15, 2011
I see you have also caught the 'I must have the last word' fever.Kobojunkie seems to have a large following these days
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 15, 2011
One never goes wrong by minding his fucking business.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by cold(m): 4:15pm On May 15, 2011
I'm not one to indulge in subliminals or firing blanks all over the place.When I shoot,I shoot to kill
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by babapupa: 4:25pm On May 15, 2011
pro01:

I RETALIATE insults; I don't start insults. If you're not suffering from amnesia you would recall that I was minding my business stating my opinions before you intruded into my space by quoting me and saying that I was talking 'rubbish'. That was what started the vicious cycle of insults. I don't ever START fights here on Nairaland, but I very well RETALIATE. If I'm gonna quote anyone, its either I agree with him/her, or disagree with the substance of their views. . .not insult them by calling their views 'rubbish' just because they differ from mine. You don't just quote someone and tell them they're talking 'rubbish' because you disagree with their views. And then when the person responds in kind, your hyperactive ego would go into overdrive, imagine the arrogance. Who the hell do you nitwits think you are that your views should never be negated? You online bullies are just so despicable.

Get a life. You and everything you represent are a waste of time. Worthless maggot.

Sounds like you got issues,
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 15, 2011
The law is too draconian and has many flaws. For example, somebody who is not a lagosian (say an international tourist) and is unaware of the law gives alms to a beggar. Would such a person be arrested and jailed?
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by kayode72: 5:23pm On May 15, 2011
Please can somebody tell me if giving to the Nigerian Police who by every definition falls under the classification of beggars will earn me 2 years too, cos this might get some people being shot at for refusal to give money to them.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 15, 2011
kayode72:

Please can somebody tell me if giving to the Nigerian Police who by every definition falls under the classification of beggars will earn me 2 years too, cos this might get some people being shot at for refusal to give money to them.
Haha
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by igbogolo: 6:04pm On May 15, 2011
[/quote]
pro01:

I RETALIATE insults; I don't start insults. If you're not suffering from amnesia you would recall that I was minding my business stating my opinions before you intruded into my space by quoting me and saying that I was talking 'rubbish'. That was what started the vicious cycle of insults. I don't ever START fights here on Nairaland, but I very well RETALIATE. If I'm gonna quote anyone, its either I agree with him/her, or disagree with the substance of their views. . .not insult them by calling their views 'rubbish' just because they differ from mine. You don't just quote someone and tell them they're talking 'rubbish' because you disagree with their views. And then when the person responds in kind, your hyperactive ego would go into overdrive, imagine the arrogance. Who the hell do you nitwits think you are that your views should never be negated? You online bullies are  just so despicable.

Can you imagine this wayward vituperation? Absolute and unimaginable nonsense coming from a deranged child. Do not give money to beggers on the road side. Full and final Stop! if you are arrested you go to court to challenge it with evidence. thats what the courts are for.

coming here to chant this and that and bringing mindless and completely irrelevant things that run contrary to common sense just leaves me breathless. Ah ah what is wrong with these people?

[quote author=kayode72 link=topic=666906.msg8325842#msg8325842 date=1305476586]

LOL. well we already know who and what this law is supposed to address. I personally wish to see ALL them beggers off lagos roads.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by babapupa: 6:26pm On May 15, 2011
J12:

The law is too draconian and has many flaws. For example, somebody who is not a lagosian (say an international tourist) and is unaware of the law gives alms to a beggar. Would such a person be arrested and jailed?

Do you honestly think the authorities can not make the distinction or use discretion? Your example souds a little bogus.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 15, 2011
After a few weeks/months the beggars will realise that there's no more money on the streets. And they'll move away. The situation of international tourists or foreigners to the state being arrested won't even arise, because there won't be any beggar to give money to.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Journey1: 9:30pm On May 15, 2011
anybody in his right senses wouldn't say something like that.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by 33(m): 9:31pm On May 15, 2011
Its really interesting to see the arguments going back and forth. I however think the insults are not necessary. We could always air our opinions without denigrating others.

Here's the actual article from the Punch website:
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201105136245767

The Lagos State Government on Thursday said giving alms to beggars on roadside is an offence punishable by two years imprisonment without an option of fine.

It further stated that instead of risking jail term, the citizens of the state could give such alms to churches, mosques, registered orphanages, motherless babies homes or social welfare institutions in the state.

The Special Adviser on Youth, Sports and Social Development to the governor, Dr. Dolapo Badru, said this at a news conference in Alausa, Ikeja on the performance of the ministry in social care.

He said the government was determined to take beggars and the destitute off the street and provide them vocations and shelters.

He said, “Lagos State frowns on giving alms to beggars. It is punishable under the law and you can get up to two years imprisonment for giving money to beggars.

“We have places where such money could be put to good use. The government is committed to best practices in social care.”

He said that the government had formulated policies and established institutional care services in order to ensure proper rescue and integration of beggars and the destitute.

He said that 72 complaints on begging and destitution were received and attended to in 2010, adding that government’s efforts were aimed at reducing crimes in the state.

“We are concerned about it and other issues of abandoned babies and child abuse and lack of care for people living with disabilities. Hence, we have telephone lines people can call in case they notice some of these things including 08097226696 for beggars and 08096777389 for abandoned babies,” Badru said.

emphasis mine

I believe those arguing that they cannot be denied the right to give alms are right; however, closer inspection of the article shows that provision has been made for you to do that. What we really don't want is beggars walking around on the streets constituting public nuisance and endangering themselves and others.

If you however feel that you still want to give alms to beggars on the roadside as a means of expressing your God-given and constitutional rights, then by all means, please feel free to do so. After all, you can always hire a good defence attorney (or even represent yourself) when you are arrested and charged to court.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by bkbabe97y1: 9:44pm On May 15, 2011
Turn your Tv channel to MSNBC---- THEYRE SHOWING IBO MEN IN ACTION!!!
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by phantom(m): 10:04pm On May 15, 2011
bkbabe.97y:

Turn your Tv channel to MSNBC---- THEYRE SHOWING IBO MEN IN ACTION!!!
nope thanks i'll pass, but log on to rabidhoes.com to see your mom in action grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by bkbabe97y1: 10:08pm On May 15, 2011
phantom:

nope thanks i'll pass, but log on to rabidhoes.com to see your mom in action grin grin grin grin

When youre ready, you'll log in with your real user name!
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by bkbabe97y1: 10:14pm On May 15, 2011
phantom:

Lol. You Ibos make me laugh. This is how you start, then when I go in on you and remind you how Ibos eat people or how Ojukwu had se*x with a child he once held as a 2day old baby then "Bkbabe97" will be at  fault again, right?

Keep it coming! Do you. But, when I'm ready, and I feel that beef is cooked and well-done, I'll eat it all up and wont even leave a tiny bone left over on the plate; I'll lick that shiyyyt clean!

Just remember not to complain when the time comes.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by phantom(m): 10:28pm On May 15, 2011
^oh please, you r better of lookin for your real dad, though i doubt the dude wants anything to do with you, who would blame him??smart guy(probably knows his kid would chop his head off with a chain saw some day)
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 15, 2011
igbogolo:

Can you imagine this wayward vituperation? Absolute and unimaginable nonsense coming from a deranged child. Do not give money to beggers on the road side. Full and final Stop! if you are arrested you go to court to challenge it with evidence. thats what the courts are for.

coming here to chant this and that and bringing mindless and completely irrelevant things that run contrary to common sense just leaves me breathless. Ah ah what is wrong with these people?

LOL. well we already know who and what this law is supposed to address. I personally wish to see ALL them beggers off lagos roads.

Your offsprings will all be deranged like their worthless dad. . .that is if you'd ever have your own offsprings; you'd most likely be an impotent wimp who would raise bas.ta.rd children (like you are; pathetic son of a harlot). Folks like you should be dissolved in acid. You're not fit to live.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 15, 2011
babapupa:

Sounds like you got issues,

If you haven't got issues, you'd not be starting what you can't finish. Learn to mind your own fucking business and stop quoting and insulting people whose views you don't agree with. You folks are just so incorrigible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Republic Of Southern Nigeria / Amaechi: Buhari Seeking Alternative Money For Rail Project / The Army Couple Were Beheaded In Cameroon - IPOB PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.