Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,016 members, 7,906,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 04:14 PM

Fashola Strikes Again - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Strikes Again (9574 Views)

Boko Haram Strikes Again In Adamawa, Burns Down Military Artillery / Nigerian Air Force Strikes Boko Haram Terrorist’s Vehicle Workshop / Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Strikes Again by aminadaban(f): 12:06am On May 16, 2011
Thats a senseless idea.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by princeonx: 6:17am On May 16, 2011
bkbabe.97y:

Lol. You Ibos make me laugh. This is how you start, then when I go in on you and remind you how Ibos eat people or how Ojukwu had se*x with a child he once held as a 2day old baby then "Bkbabe97" will be at fault again, right?

Keep it coming! Do you. But, when I'm ready, and I feel that beef is cooked and well-done, I'll eat it all up and wont even leave a tiny bone left over on the plate; I'll lick that shiyyyt clean!

Just remember not to complain when the time comes.

You profile said you registered just 2 days ago, was that the same day your chains broke and you ran off?
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by EkoIle1: 6:28am On May 16, 2011
prince_onx:

You profile said you registered just 2 days ago, was that the same day your chains broke and you ran off?

^^^^ You suck at comedy. Don't quit your day job,
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by princeonx: 6:48am On May 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

^^^^ You suck at comedy. Don't quit your day job,

At this rate you might never get one.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by EkoIle1: 6:53am On May 16, 2011
prince_onx:

At this rate you might never get one.

Who is looking to start with? Don't be silly, you sound re'tarded.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by princeonx: 7:00am On May 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

Who is looking to start with? Don't be silly, you sound re'tarded.
Maybe if you tell us what your problems are we might be able to help!
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by EkoIle1: 7:08am On May 16, 2011
prince_onx:

Maybe if you tell us what your problems are we might be able to help!

Dude, cut the silly act, you are freeking boring,
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by princeonx: 7:13am On May 16, 2011
^^^ you didn't answer the question, you probably don't even know what your problem is.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-666747.0.html

I think I now know what your issues are: that will definitely kill you and very slow for that matter. Y don't you go hug a transformer
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by vislabraye(m): 7:51am On May 16, 2011
We can never do with insults and abuses in this forum. So pathetic.

The issue of begging should be tackled with brains. How can you prosecute people for giving money to beggars? It is absurd. No matter how good his intentions are, leave innocent citizen to make their choices. You can only appeal to them. Every thing is not by force.

I wish Fashola should also see how he can deal with the Area boys too. They are also beggars and robbers.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by igbogolo: 8:36am On May 16, 2011
pro01:

Your offsprings will all be deranged like their worthless dad. . .that is if you'd ever have your own offsprings; you'd most likely be an impotent wimp who would raise bas.ta.rd children (like you are; pathetic son of a harlot). Folks like you should be dissolved in acid. You're not fit to live.

LOL! I would not descend to unimaginable and desperate depths to score a cheap point. your posts carry the distinct characteristic of someone from a broken home, unloved, despised and unwanted and hated.
Again you will leave the issues and descend to mudslinging, and coming from your antecedents thats what you do best. You are bereft of good thought, cogent reasoning and recollected thinking. Your noise is shallow and carry no depth. Sorry!

Were you breastfed by a pig? I think so!

What relevance is the bolded information to the discussion at hand? Learn to focus on intelligent reasoning.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Nobody: 9:03am On May 16, 2011
igbogolo:

LOL! I would not descend to unimaginable and desperate depths to score a cheap point. your posts carry the distinct characteristic of someone from a broken home, unloved, despised and unwanted and hated.
Again you will leave the issues and descend to mudslinging, and coming from your antecedents thats what you do best. You are bereft of good thought, cogent reasoning and recollected thinking. Your noise is shallow and carry no depth. Sorry!

Were you breastfed by a pig? I think so!

What relevance is the bolded information to the discussion at hand? Learn to focus on intelligent reasoning.

Look at this impotent im.becile. . .who are you trying to impress with your disjointed, confused and incoherent heap of words? I bet you want to have the last word, right? As long as you're too arrogantly ignorant to accept the fact that 'na u find trouble', then I'd insist that you should be dissolved in acid. Your continued existence is totally repugnant to mankind. Next time when you have some not-so-smart opinion to make, just make it freely (it is your right) without focusing on other forumites with your halitosis. If you mess with the wrong guy you might be muddied and bloodied. Just learn to mind your damn business. . .its always the wisest thing to do. I wonder why this is such a difficult idea for obnoxious ba.star.ds like you to comprehend!
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by phantom(m): 10:12am On May 16, 2011
pro01:

Look at this impotent im.becile. . .who are you trying to impress with your disjointed, confused and incoherent heap of words? I bet you want to have the last word, right? As long as you're too arrogantly ignorant to accept the fact that 'na u find trouble', then I'd insist that you should be dissolved in acid. Your continued existence is totally repugnant to mankind. Next time when you have some not-so-smart opinion to make, just make it freely (it is your right) without focusing on other forumites with your halitosis. If you mess with the wrong guy you might be muddied and bloodied. Just learn to mind your damn business. . .its always the wisest thing to do. I wonder why this is such a difficult idea for obnoxious ba.star.ds like you to comprehend!
dude easy abeg before you go kill me, grin grin grin grin cheesy grin shocked
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Koolking(m): 10:35am On May 16, 2011
SO MUCH RASCALITY AND INSANITY IN GOVERNMENT. HERE'S ANOTHER ONE IN PLAY. WHEN DID ALMS GIVING BECOME A CRIME. SOME OF THESE BEGGARS DON'T CHOOSE TO BEG BUT THEY ARE JUST VICTIMS OF CIRCUMSTANCES. CIRCUMSTANCES THROWN TO THEM BY BAD GOVERNMENT.

FASHOLA'S GOVERNMENT IS ANOTHER TYPICAL OF HITLER'S REGIME THAT SEEK TO ANNIHILATE THE INFERIOR RACE FOR THE WORLD BE BE COMPLETELY OCCUPIED BY A FEW PRIVILEGED RASCALS.

IT'S MIND-BOGGLING THE WAY GOVERNMENT DO THINGS. PEOPLE IN GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA DON'T MEAN WELL. THERE ARE A MILLION AND ONE DIRE ISSUES FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF LAGOS STATE TO CONCENTRATE ON BUT RATHER CHOSE TO DO TRIVIAL ISSUES.

THE FACT IS: THIS LAW IS ABSURD BECAUSE LAGOSIANS ARE NOT MONSTERS. YOU FIND OUT THAT WHAT YOU SEE ON THE STREETS OF LAGOS EVERYDAY, WHAT OTHER HUMANS LIKE YOU FACE TO STAY ALIVE MOVE PEOPLE TO GIVE IN ORDER TO SEE THEM THROUGH THE DAY. GIVING ALMS DOES NOT MEAN ONE IS ENCOURAGING LAZINESS BUT SHEER SELF-CONVICTION THAT, OH! YOU ARE PRIVILEGE AND THAT PERSON IS NOT, I WISH I COULD HELP HIM/HER.

I DON'T SEE BEGGARS HAS THREAT TO THE PURPORTED MEGA-CITY DREAM, BUT POVERTY. HIGH COST OF LIVING. UNBRIDLED SURGE OF COST OF FOOD [IN DEVELOPED CITIES, FOOD IS THE CHEAPEST THING ONE CAN GET]. CRIME/SOCIAL VICES BROUGHT BY UNEMPLOYMENT AND THOSE WHO STRIVE TO BE SELF-EMPLOYED ARE FRUSTRATED AND CHEATED OUT OF THEIR LITTLE RAYS OF SUN LIGHT THROUGH WANTON TAXES. YOU PAY TAX AND AT THE SAME TIME PAY HEAVILY FOR THE SERVICES YOUR TAX COVERS - LIKE BRT FARES.

GOD WILL HELP US ALL!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by 1025: 10:38am On May 16, 2011
this is only coming when many of us are planing to join the Nigerian Beggars Association(NBA). this is a country where able bodied men and women are not working talk less of disabled beggars.
i have been considering putting myself up for adoption and or joining the association of beggars.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 16, 2011
phantom:

dude easy abeg before you go kill me,  grin grin grin grin cheesy grin shocked

I no fit kill u nah, you wey be phantom? Lol.

Koolking:

SO MUCH RASCALITY AND INSANITY IN GOVERNMENT. HERE'S ANOTHER ONE IN PLAY. WHEN DID ALMS GIVING BECOME A CRIME. SOME OF THESE BEGGARS DON'T CHOOSE TO BEG BUT THEY ARE JUST VICTIMS OF CIRCUMSTANCES. CIRCUMSTANCES THROWN TO THEM BY BAD GOVERNMENT.

FASHOLA'S GOVERNMENT IS ANOTHER TYPICAL OF HITLER'S REGIME THAT SEEK TO ANNIHILATE THE INFERIOR RACE FOR THE WORLD BE BE COMPLETELY OCCUPIED BY A FEW PRIVILEGED RASCALS.

IT'S MIND-BOGGLING THE WAY GOVERNMENT DO THINGS. PEOPLE IN GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA DON'T MEAN WELL. THERE ARE A MILLION AND ONE DIRE ISSUES FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF LAGOS STATE TO CONCENTRATE ON BUT RATHER CHOSE TO DO TRIVIAL ISSUES.

THE FACT IS: THIS LAW IS ABSURD BECAUSE LAGOSIANS ARE NOT MONSTERS. YOU FIND OUT THAT WHAT YOU SEE ON THE STREETS OF LAGOS EVERYDAY, WHAT OTHER HUMANS LIKE YOU FACE TO STAY ALIVE MOVE PEOPLE TO GIVE IN ORDER TO SEE THEM THROUGH THE DAY. GIVING ALMS DOES NOT MEAN ONE IS ENCOURAGING LAZINESS BUT SHEER SELF-CONVICTION THAT, OH! YOU ARE PRIVILEGE AND THAT PERSON IS NOT, I WISH I COULD HELP HIM/HER.

I DON'T SEE BEGGARS HAS THREAT TO THE PURPORTED MEGA-CITY DREAM, BUT POVERTY. HIGH COST OF LIVING. UNBRIDLED SURGE OF COST OF FOOD [IN DEVELOPED CITIES, FOOD IS THE CHEAPEST THING ONE CAN GET]. CRIME/SOCIAL VICES BROUGHT BY UNEMPLOYMENT AND THOSE WHO STRIVE TO BE SELF-EMPLOYED ARE FRUSTRATED AND CHEATED OUT OF THEIR LITTLE RAYS OF SUN LIGHT THROUGH WANTON TAXES. YOU PAY TAX AND AT THE SAME TIME PAY HEAVILY FOR THE SERVICES YOUR TAX COVERS - LIKE BRT FARES.

GOD WILL HELP US ALL!!!!!!!!!

That is the tragedy of the Nigerian polity. And that is perhaps the second biggest reason (after corruption) why we remain backwards in every aspect of development. Misplacement of priorities is such a huge disease in this country. A man's house would be on fire and yet he'd prefer to chase rats all over the place. I can't find the right words to describe just how ridiculous this is.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Mariory(m): 1:33pm On May 16, 2011
For those that keep bringing up Area boys. The article quoted the word destitute.

Hint: Check the meaning of the word - destitute.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by BigB11(m): 2:17pm On May 16, 2011
Fashola is a great governor only because we do not have true leadership in Nigeria; hence, one eye is better than none (typical Nigerians' attitude).

I say, absolutely the best or nothing.

In my book, Gov Fashola is just an ok governor, absolutely not a great governor. This is simply because he doesn't follow certain necessary basic steps during the implementation of any of his projects (ie, he mostly lacks common sense).
A true leader must not allow his emotion to over shadow his or her strategies.

Is there any proper plan in place for these beggars?
How or Where exactly does he (Fashola) want these folks to make a living?
Has Fashola been to any of these homes before?
Has he provided jobs for these folks?
What exactly is the future of this plan?
Has he (Fashola) taken a time out to clearly think about the real outcome of this move?

As far as I'm concerned, more than 50% percent of Lagosians are indirectly beggars.

Fashola needs to start planning properly, and clearly understand the outcome of all his moves  before striking.

Fashola will be nothing, but another wuruwuru leader (full of half baked solutions and weak process) in an organized country.
Let us stop settling for less or half job well done in this country and demand for the best that we deserve from our leaders.

Just because leadership is weak in Nigeria doesn't necessarily mean we should remain blind and continue to worship half baked leaders like Fashola
Nigeria will be a better place as soon as we start asking for more and stop embracing rubbish.

Fashola should have been more prepared before striking this move.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by BigB11(m): 2:38pm On May 16, 2011
Obama is not only working very hard day and  night because he feels like it; he continues to do his best on a regular because Americans refuse to settle for less or embrace half baked leader.

Our leaders in Nigeria will not do what is right correctly if we continue to embrace stupidity.

If Fashola thinks he's a tough and no nonesense governor, he should then prove it to us by calling out Tinubu (the biggest thief in Lagos state); in other words, if Fashola truly wants to clean up Lagos, Tinubu should be the first on the list to be stroked, not the beggars that have little choice to survive.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by BigB11(m): 3:06pm On May 16, 2011
FYI: It isn't that difficult for a governor to look like a magician in a state like Lagos that generates enormous amount of revenue on a daily basis.
Believe it or not, Lagos state still happens to be the easiest state to manage in Nigeria.

I can assure you that Fashola will struggle as a governor of Oyo state.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by LeMoor(m): 4:23pm On May 16, 2011
My 2 cents,
Whilst the guiding principle might be noble and real intent being to clear the streets of beggars. You still cant tell people how they choose to spend 'their' money. If there are no beggars on the streets, the citizens would have no one to give money to. Now the business of getting rid of the beggars belongs to the government, (that is why they were voted in, to solve the problems).

Telling people to give money to charities and any other group is also naive and based on an assumption that these groups are well managed and not corrupt. A cursory glance at any of the biggest charities in the world would tell you 75% of funds recieved, goes into overheads and not to the people they were intended for.

Cutting out the middleman is still the best way to help people (if that is indeed what you want to do), and should not be punished for it.

In my opinion, it is an idiotic law, that cant be enforced,
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Koolking(m): 5:41pm On May 16, 2011
Big B1:

Fashola is a great governor only because we do not have true leadership in Nigeria; hence, one eye is better than none (typical Nigerians' attitude).

I say, absolutely the best or nothing.

In my book, Gov Fashola is just an ok governor, absolutely not a great governor. This is simply because he doesn't follow certain necessary basic steps during the implementation of any of his projects (ie, he mostly lacks common sense).
A true leader must not allow his emotion to over shadow his or her strategies.

Is there any proper plan in place for these beggars?
How or Where exactly does he (Fashola) want these folks to make a living?
Has Fashola been to any of these homes before?
Has he provided jobs for these folks?
What exactly is the future of this plan?
Has he (Fashola) taken a time out to clearly think about the real outcome of this move?

As far as I'm concerned, more than 50% percent of Lagosians are indirectly beggars.

Fashola needs to start planning properly, and clearly understand the outcome of all his moves  before striking.

Fashola will be nothing, but another wuruwuru leader (full of half baked solutions and weak process) in an organized country.
Let us stop settling for less or half job well done in this country and demand for the best that we deserve from our leaders.

Just because leadership is weak in Nigeria doesn't necessarily mean we should remain blind and continue to worship half baked leaders like Fashola
Nigeria will be a better place as soon as we start asking for more and stop embracing rubbish.

Fashola should have been more prepared before striking this move.

That is the tragedy of the Nigerian polity. And that is perhaps the second biggest reason (after corruption) why we remain backwards in every aspect of development. Misplacement of priorities is such a huge disease in this country. A man's house would be on fire and yet he'd prefer to chase rats all over the place. I can't find the right words to describe just how ridiculous this is.

@Big B1:

@ Pro01
Well said. These guys in Government are confused and they will never admit that. Some Nigerians and obviously some Nairalanders are not helping to checkmate the excesses of our government. They are just praise-singers of the government, even when issues are worth condemning they praise. Some of the comments here are totally embarrasing, pathetic, nauseating and terrifying. We cannot move this country forward with this kind of parochial attitudes. It's unthinkable how we always put the cart before the horse,

It is laughable how a govt would sit down and draft a law telling it citizens how to spend his/her hard earned money. Let me advise Fash, he should move from house to house and church to church arresting beggars and that is the only way he can really show he is working, NONSENSE
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by alfablondy: 5:55pm On May 16, 2011
Majority of the beggars on the street are real beggers, u can see that some of them are handicapped and can bearly do something for living while u see some sweeping the pedestrian bridge, i hope the government already have a plan for them.
This pple needs the charity more than the pastors in the church and the alfas in the mosque.
meanwhile he needs to deal with Area boys that get money from motorist with force.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 16, 2011
I agree with you. I respect Fashola's desire to bring some order to the streets, but I want to see his plans past just the clearing of the streets.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by bylineby: 6:18pm On May 16, 2011
One of the things that make a law justifiable is that it should punish wrongdoers fairly. I don't think that the punishment fits the crime here!
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Tokotaya: 9:25pm On May 16, 2011
It's a laudable policy, aimed at disuading pple from giving money to beggars in the street. If pple stop giving them money in the street, and instead give to those in structured homes, there will be no beggars on the streets. It is better for all that way.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by EkoIle1: 9:28pm On May 16, 2011
2buff:

I agree with you. I respect Fashola's desire to bring some order to the streets, but I want to see his plans past just the clearing of the streets.

Just wait, he'll soon show up on NL to post his plan.

Lazy people. Don't you know your way to his website or the state social service and welfare ministry?
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by GODSON2009(m): 9:39pm On May 16, 2011
fashola's idea while it makes sense cannot solve the whole issue in my opinion,while he is doing this he should use his office through the appropriate commissioner in charge to encourage companies and private concerns to do more of corporate social responsibility maybe with tax breaks and other incentives thats the way its done round the world
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Mariory(m): 9:41pm On May 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

Just wait, he'll soon show up on NL to post his plan.

grin grin grin

After all nairaland belongs to the Lagos State government.

@2buff
What do you want Lagos to be?
http://www.iseelagos.org.ng/
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by fred4alabi(m): 10:56am On May 17, 2011
I wonder why the poster didn't respond to Ileke idi's first comment throwing some explanation to the matter. A poster should be neutral not taking sides.

take it or live it, something need to be done, we cant continue like this for ever.

Some of these physically challenge do a good job in controlling traffic in V.I. i think Lagos state government should employ those type and leave them to the job as they are doing well. That is what i expect from the others, they should give back to the society.

I give good money to those ones i see sweeping the bridge as i am impressed they sweep better that LAWMA and i will just pass by those ones sitting giving nothing back to the society and expecting something.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by ybanks(m): 3:16pm On May 17, 2011
Thumbs up for Fash. Who ever is not happy with this can leave Lagos.
Re: Fashola Strikes Again by Bawss1(m): 3:29pm On May 17, 2011
Good move Fashola. Its an initiative that should be copied in other states. This should help in doing away with the problems caused by begging for arms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Website Hacked By Pakistanis / EFCC Arraigns Ibrahim Abdulsalam, NAMA MD And Directors For N2.8b ‘theft’ / Chief Judge Dismisses Metuh’s Petition, Asks Judge To Continue Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.