Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,095 members, 7,880,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:54 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4695139 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (6240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 06, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Source: here.

I wonder why they sent him away sef. They could have counted on him actually, at least at center back.
Still better than not having anybody embarassed
Apparently, Eric misses Barca everyday! It seems he does not allow a day to pass without him saying how much he would have loved to remain with us! How touching!
But i thought he was under contract while his sickness lasted? Why is he now saying the club did not pay him? It doesn't make sense at all given that the club actually renewed his contract when he was still sick .
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by biolabee(m): 3:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
strange ...

But i wonder why
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
You can never satisfy human beings! I think Barca did what they could for Abidal based on the circumstances but at some point there has to be a reality check, Barca is a business not a charity organization! So retaining Abidal at 34 and a perpetual sicknote at that just didn't make any sense! He spent 6 years there and there's no crime in him not being offered an extension
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
A-40:
You can never satisfy human beings! I think Barca did what they could for Abidal based on the circumstances but at some point there has to be a reality check, Barca is a business not a charity organization! So retaining Abidal at 34 and a perpetual sicknote at that just didn't make any sense! He spent 6 years there and there's no crime in him not being offered an extension
I keep wondering....
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 5:49pm On Sep 06, 2013
Why would Abidal go public with a statement that can easily be refuted?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 5:58pm On Sep 06, 2013
AjanleKoko: Why would Abidal go public with a statement that can easily be refuted?

Do not believe the media wholeheartedly, he could have said it differently you know.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 12:33am On Sep 07, 2013
Johnpaul88: The club has apparantly replied
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1545474?&cc=3888

"Eric Abidal was paid in full under his contract and on time," the source said. “Barça have been up to date at all moments, paying all the installments. A part came from the medical insurers, although this part was very small."

Is that the reply? OK, he got screwed by the contract he signed which apparently meant he got paid some disability allowance which was way less than his standard income and which was already dictated in the contract.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 8:51am On Sep 08, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Source: here.

I wonder why they sent him away sef. They could have counted on him actually, at least at center back.
Still better than not having anybody embarassed

I just tire my brother, even as perfect as I see my clubs philosophy, some incidences dents the image of that philosophical perfection. I remembered when Abidal was played after his illness, he played well and maintained is defensive discipline. I really do not care if he was paid or not, I just feel Barca would have retained him to at least fix the little prob with our defensive shambles.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:19pm On Sep 08, 2013
Well done Neymar, nice display against Australia. I know with time you will free yourself more at Barca and do more of your thing...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 10:30pm On Sep 08, 2013
eyoniggar:

I just tire my brother, even as perfect as I see my clubs philosophy, some incidences dents the image of that philosophical perfection. I remembered when Abidal was played after his illness, he played well and maintained is defensive discipline. I really do not care if he was paid or not, I just feel Barca would have retained him to at least fix the little prob with our defensive shambles.
He would have made a big difference against Bayern Munchen in that show of shame; rather Bartra was preferred. Well, we saw the results.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
dmcdad: Well done Neymar, nice display against Australia. I know with time you will free yourself more at Barca and do more of your thing...

not with the midget around
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
usbcable:

not with the midget around
Time will tell... Buh, the Midget as you said is not a dictator as much as a lot of people claim him to be...

I guess Penaldo is more of that. He might become sad again with the coach trying to accommodate Bale while weighing the option of displacing Crynaldo... I hope you know there was rift especially from the big boiz in the club when they travelled to The USA for their pre-season as regards the potential signing of Bale. So, you should know Ronaldo (the fake one, lol) is more of a dictator than the so-called Midget.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:54am On Sep 10, 2013
Cristiano Ronaldo told he cost more than Gareth Bale

Real Madrid have moved to assure Cristiano Ronaldo that he is
still the world's most expensive player

Real Madrid have moved to mollify Portuguese superstar Cristiano
Ronaldo by informing him that he is still the world’s most expensive
football player in the history of the game.

Ronaldo, who holds significant attachments to personal records had
reportedly been angry at Madrid’s apparent breaking of his symbolic
title of being the world’s most expensive player by signing Gareth
Bale for €100 million on deadline day of the last transfer window.

However, according to Spanish paper AS , Madrid have now informed
the superstar that he still retains his symbolic title as the club had
paid Tottenham €91 million instead of the widely reported €100
million for Bale’s services.

“Don’t worry! You still are the most expensive transfer in the history
of football. We paid €91 million for Bale,” a Real representative told
Ronaldo.

The Spanish giants are trying to convince their talisman into agreeing a new contract extension and the report claims they have come to the conclusion that it will be in their favour to reveal the intricacies of the Bale deal to the player.

Hence, the club’s statement to the player. They have also reportedly
informed Ronaldo that Bale is set to receive a salary of around €7
million instead of the widely speculated €10 million per year that is
being reported by most media outlets around the world.

Madrid president Florentino Perez wants to wrap up contract
negotiations with the club’s most prolific goalscorer as soon as
possible and has embarked on a charm offensive toward the player.

Perez understands that Ronaldo needs to feel like he's number one
and has thus moved to allay fears regarding his star forward’s
importance at the club and has repeatedly insisted on several
occasions that Cristiano is the most important player of the team.

Negotiations with the Portuguese’s camp regarding the renewal is
believed to be in the final stages and Ronaldo is expected to put pen
to paper in the next few weeks.

Meanwhile Tottenham have maintained that Bale’s departing price
from White Hart Lane is around €100 million. To note, Madrid had
paid Manchester United €96 million in the summer of 2009 for the
Ronaldo’s services.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:05am On Sep 10, 2013
^^^^ They are just tryna reduce the price to make Ronaldo feel comfortable buh in reality, it was actually 100mil... Or 99mil to be very precise.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:42am On Sep 11, 2013
Neymar is just wonderful...

Congrats to Leo for their World Cup Ticket...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sapien(m): 11:42am On Sep 11, 2013
Neymar is not a human being!
What a smashing footballing display against Portugal from the starboy!

He ran the Portuguese defence ragged and took them to the cleaners with that wonderfully taken solo goal!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:49am On Sep 11, 2013
sapien: Neymar is not a human being!
What a smashing footballing display against Portugal from the starboy!

He ran the Portuguese defence ragged and took them to the cleaners with that wonderfully taken solo goal!

I am only worried that he may well go the same route with Maradona and Ronaldo Da Lima. Arriving at Barca with great fanfare, but moving on to hit their best form with other clubs. He needs to be managed well by the club, like Messi has been.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sapien(m): 12:35pm On Sep 11, 2013
AjanleKoko:

I am only worried that he may well go the same route with Maradona and Ronaldo Da Lima. Arriving at Barca with great fanfare, but moving on to hit their best form with other clubs. He needs to be managed well by the club, like Messi has been.
That's basically the reason I wouldn't want Barca's medical team to build his physique and stature!
If they do, they may just end up taking away the flair and repertoire his frail stature can conjure on his good day.

The Original Ronaldo dwindled and imploded when he started blowing out of proportion, same for the magician, Ronaldinho.

I like the way Tata is taking his time to integrate him into the whole set up; the dude, Neymar, is a fast learner and I forsee him, with time, trailing and prolly matching Messi's enviable footsteps with his transcendental talent.

I have also observed that the dude is humble and ready to learn from Messi.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2013
^^^^ Right...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
AjanleKoko:

I just hope and wish that your fears does not become real. I like him to retire in Barca and not end up like those you mentioned. Little by little he'll get to understand the team and his role and with help of the coach, he'll become who we all hope he becomes.
I don't even know why you express such fears given that he's only played few matches with the team and has so far shown promises.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2013
Johnpaul88:
I don't even know why you express such fears given that he's only played few matches with the team and has so far shown promises.
You mean Ronaldo de Lima and Maradona didn't show "promise" at Barca? The only reason both of them left can be attributed to the management's foolishness in selling them. Nothing else. In Ronaldo's case it was just a jaw-dropper: cashing in too early. The only reason it made sense was if Barca was in debt at the time and needed to raise big cash real quick; but I am not aware of such a situation. Any other way, it didn't make sense. Maybe you are not aware that some of the records Ronaldo set at Barca were just recently broken by Messi.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:45pm On Sep 11, 2013
Johnpaul88:

See below.

AjanleKoko:
He needs to be managed well by the club, like Messi has been.

It's the management, and not Neymar I am worried about.
FC Barcelona, in my view, has managed Messi exceptionally. Or maybe it was Guardiola. I am hoping the current management will manage Neymar with the same long term mindset and not use the usual Real Madrid approach undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
^^^^ You are right bruv
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sapien(m): 4:11pm On Sep 11, 2013
AjanleKoko:

See below.

It's the management, and not Neymar I am worried about.
FC Barcelona, in my view, has managed Messi exceptionally. Or maybe it was Guardiola. I am hoping the current management will manage Neymar with the same futuristic mindset and not use the usual Real Madrid approach undecided
You mean Real Madrid's quick delivery and performance approach from an expensive buy?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
sapien: You mean Real Madrid's quick delivery and performance approach from an expensive buy?

Yes. Think Robinho.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sapien(m): 6:06pm On Sep 11, 2013
^^^ Robinho didn't fare that badly in his time at Real Madrid.
Madrid based sport newspaper, Marca, rubbished him as if the dude was a total flop during his stint at Real Madrid.
I could still vividly reminisce how he was pivotal to Real's championship winning run in 2006/2007, where they pipped Barca to the title on head to head difference.

The dude ran Puyol, Marquez and Thuram, especially the former, ragged with quickfire step-overs over two legs!

I think, back then, he was Puyol's bogey player!
At the end, they, Real Madrid, still cashed in on him by selling him for quite an astronomical fee to Manchester City.

Though, back then, he was not as flexible and well rounded as Neymar Jnr is at the moment; his only area of prowess was his out of the world step-overs!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
^^^^ Yeah Robinho was good back then. He mostly featured at the latter part of the matches he played and yet puts alot in the team. Himself and Owen who always comes in back then as a substitute but seldom finishes the match without registering his name on the goal scorers' list.

They (Madrid) just didn't manage Robinho well.. Robinho was too promising then that I was piping him to reach greater height than the demi-god. But alas! Madrid killed him...

I think Neymar is where he is suppose to be.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sapien(m): 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2013
^^ I think it was overexpectation on the path of Real Madrid that jeopardized Robinho's carrer at the club.
Every player can't be like C.Ronaldo, who blossomed in his first season at the club.

I, however, believe that exceptionally talented Brazilian players are suited to Barca's style of play; and not Real Madrid's.
They always flourish well at Barca.
Ronaldo, Romario, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho all won Fifa's player of the year at the club, hence Neymar Jnr's desire to tow that same path.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 7:34pm On Sep 11, 2013
Dont worry Pep would come for Neymar after he must have been thoroughly mismanaged by Barcelona

grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2013
dayokanu: Dont worry Pep would come for Neymar after he must have been thoroughly mismanaged by Barcelona

grin grin grin
The same way Thiago is already being mismanaged I guess it makes sense that way. Don't you think?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
sapien: ^^ I think it was overexpectation on the path of Real Madrid that jeopardized Robinho's carrer at the club.
Every player can't be like C.Ronaldo, who blossomed in his first season at the club.
Robinho was just 20, C Ronaldo was 24 and was about peaking or had peaked. C Ronaldo was the incumbent "World Best Player"; yet in his first season Real Madrid won nothing, although he scored 33 goals in total. It was not an exceptional performance from a so called "World Best Player" by any standard.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (6240) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Geld(m), Franktom247(m), Colson(m), Ijustwantto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.