Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,132 members, 7,880,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:51 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4695411 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (6240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2013
dayokanu: Dont worry Pep would come for Neymar after he must have been thoroughly mismanaged by Barcelona

grin grin grin
I see your new name is Joseph. grin Speaking of coming, watch as Pep makes a return to Barca soon. cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2013
dmcdad: Cristiano Ronaldo told he cost more than Gareth Bale

Real Madrid have moved to assure Cristiano Ronaldo that he is
still the world's most expensive player

Real Madrid have moved to mollify Portuguese superstar Cristiano
Ronaldo by informing him that he is still the world’s most expensive
football player in the history of the game.
LOL. Not Barca's wahala but see sense! Why are they lying? *Rhetoric question*

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2013/9/11-ways-real-madrid-couldve-spent-its-gareth-bale-transfer-fee-50199-50909/
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2013
dmcdad:
The same way Thiago is already being mismanaged I guess it makes sense that way. Don't you think?

How is Thiago mismanaged

He is currently injured and he has been starting more games than at Barcelona
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:22pm On Sep 11, 2013
dayokanu:

How is Thiago mismanaged

Far from that bruv... I was just being sarcastic cause you said Neymar would be mismanaged. I know Thiago will definitely flourish in Bayern...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sapien(m): 10:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
logica: Robinho was just 20, C Ronaldo was 24 and was about peaking or had peaked. C Ronaldo was the incumbent "World Best Player"; yet in his first season Real Madrid won nothing, although he scored 33 goals in total. It was not an exceptional performance from a so called "World Best Player" by any standard.
It was an exceptional performance from him!
He had a great season by scoring 33goals, in his first season, in all competitions.
Some players would have allowed the astronomical transfer fee to weigh them down, but C.Ronaldo never looked back; he blossomed!
The World Player of the year in the penultimate year, Kaka, flopped at Real Madrid, despite being signed for an astronomical £59m.
So, I totally disagree with your opinion.
NB: I loathe C.Ronaldo's personality.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sapien(m): 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2013
dayokanu:

How is Thiago mismanaged

I thought you once said Neymar is an average player like Robinho, so why do you suddenly covet him for Bayern?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 10:35pm On Sep 11, 2013
sapien: I thought you once said Neymar is an average player like Robinho, so why do you suddenly covet him for Bayern?

So Bayern can upgrade him to worldclass
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by launique: 10:51pm On Sep 11, 2013
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:51pm On Sep 11, 2013
dayokanu:

So Barca are gonna upgrade him to what? Nation-class? Lol...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sapien(m): 10:53pm On Sep 11, 2013
dayokanu:

You are a joker!
Why don't you go and upgrade your "world class" Mario Gotze?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 10:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
sapien: You are a joker!
Why don't you go and upgrade your "world class" Mario Gotze?

We can accommodate several stars in our team, which makes our team unpredictable We are not a one player team like una grin

If you ask 10 people who is the star of Bayern you would get different answers unlike Barca
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 10:58pm On Sep 11, 2013
dmcdad:
So Barca are gonna upgrade him to what? Nation-class? Lol...

No matter how good he is, He would always be Messi assistant
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 11, 2013
dayokanu:

World class indeed! When last did Bayern produce world best player? Ages! So what the hell are you yarning ?
Neymar has joined the club where kings of football are made and crowned! You gotta respect FC Barcelona! No club does it better! Huh!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
Johnpaul88: World class indeed! When last did Bayern produce world best player? Ages! So what the hell are you yarning ?
Neymar has joined the club where kings of football are made and crowned! You gotta respect FC Barcelona! No club does it better! Huh!
Gbam! QED
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 7:31am On Sep 12, 2013
sapien: It was an exceptional performance from him!
He had a great season by scoring 33goals, in his first season, in all competitions.
Some players would have allowed the astronomical transfer fee to weigh them down, but C.Ronaldo never looked back; he blossomed!
The World Player of the year in the penultimate year, Kaka, flopped at Real Madrid, despite being signed for an astronomical £59m.
So, I totally disagree with your opinion.
NB: I loathe C.Ronaldo's personality.
It was not exceptional. He was brought in by Florentino Perez while Robinho was brought in by Ramon Calderon. That was the difference. And that is why Marca will rubbish Robinho and not criticize C Ronaldo for not inspiring his club to win a single trophy in his first season.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 12, 2013
dayokanu:

We can accommodate several stars in our team, which makes our team unpredictable We are not a one player team like una grin

If you ask 10 people who is the star of Bayern you would get different answers unlike Barca
And that explains the near- misses and heart breaks you guys have had to endure in recent times in terms of winning trophies. You needed the stars to align like last year before you could win again as expected of your star studded team. You guys have missed trophies more than you have won them because everybody in your team wants to be the leader and best player and that is how you will continue to have them until you get and recognize your actual best player and thus your team can guarrantee you at least 2 trophies every season not all these inconsistencies!

In Barca, players like Xavi, Iniesta and other world class & potential world bests, have all bent & recognized their oga at the top, and we have all lived happily ever after.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 12, 2013
logica: It was not exceptional. He was brought in by Florentino Perez while Robinho was brought in by Ramon Calderon. That was the difference. And that is why Marca will rubbish Robinho and not criticize C Ronaldo for not inspiring his club to win a single trophy in his first season.
Marca is the bane of Real Madrid! Of all the newspaper house in the world, none is more influential and perhaps more troublesome! They kept Madrid the way she is now. It seems whatever they desire is what happens.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 9:38am On Sep 12, 2013
Johnpaul88: Marca is the bane of Real Madrid! Of all the newspaper house in the world, none is more influential and perhaps more troublesome! They kept Madrid the way she is now. It seems whatever they desire is what happens.

LOL... Those guys write way more than the necessary.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 12:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
Johnpaul88: Marca is the bane of Real Madrid! Of all the newspaper house in the world, none is more influential and perhaps more troublesome! They kept Madrid the way she is now. It seems whatever they desire is what happens.
He who pays the piper dictates the tune. You forget that mass media is controlled by business men. Of course you know the puppeteer behind Marca without mentioning names.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
logica: He who pays the piper dictates the tune. You forget that mass media is controlled by business men. Of course you know the puppeteer behind Marca without mentioning names.
It is just that Marca's exertion of influence and control on Madrid is way too strong, much stronger than how EMD or SPORT influences Barca.

All the same it's there problem not ours.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 9:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
dayokanu:

No matter how good he is, He would always be Messi assistant

HIT LIKE IF YOU AGREE WITH THESE.

i wish there was a 'super like' button
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 9:10pm On Sep 12, 2013

for once I cover my eyes and agree with you.

those morer feckers has caused a lot of problems in madrid.

am still waiting for the problem they will cause for the italian that could not resist sale of ozil
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ShehuAba(m): 9:21pm On Sep 12, 2013
Alexis Sanchez: If It weren't for football, I'll still be washing cars

http://www.totalbarca.com/2013/interviews/alexis-if-it-werent-for-football-i-would-still-be-washing-cars/#more-141654

Alexis Sánchez gave a revealing interviewwith Spanish newspaperEl Paisin Chile, speaking about his childhood in poverty in Tocopilla and his life at Barça. A translation is offered below.
Q: Do you think you have to understand Tocopilla to understand your achievements?
A: My achievement is that I had an opportunity and I took advantage of it. You have to have luck in life, and I’ve had it. Now I’ve gone from here to over there (Europe), but it’s true that it was not easy to get money to live in Tocopilla. As a kid I washed cars to earn a little money. I was not a great student, I skipped school and went to go play football, alone or with my friends – so if it weren’t for football, I would still be washing cars and pushing carts….
They used to call you “ardilla” (squirrel)?
Yes, because I used to climb up trees and the roofs of houses, jumping patios and going up walls in order to retrieve the balls we lost. And from “ardilla” they gave me “Dilla,” “El Dilla de Tocopilla.” The whole city knew me for football. Football opened doors in my life and has allowed me to help my family, and for that I am very proud.
Who gave you your first boots?
One afternoon Mr. Courtois brought them to me, who was the mayor of Tocopilla and who liked Arauco, my team. I didn’t have shoes because my mother could not afford them. When the mayor gave them to me, I couldn’t wait more than two hours. I took off those Reeboks and went out into the street to play on the cement, with boots made for grass. I was as happy as a dog with two tails.
When did it become clear you would be a footballer?
Since I was little, practically a baby, it was clear to me. I would say to my mother: “Relax, I’m going to become a footballer and it will all turn out okay, we’ll have money.” And she would laugh. I would also say to my friends: “I’m going to give a car to you, a house to you…” I dreamed of cleaning up all of Tocopilla… I have not given my friend the car, he needs to earn it, but I am searching for a way to help Tocopilla however I can – I will find a way. I have made reality the dreams of that boy that played in the street against adults – and they gave me some kicks! But I came back to play against them every time. My football is that of the street.
Is it difficult to play in Barcelona?
Yes, I think so. I’ve had to learn to play football all over again. What I did in Italy I could not do here. Before taking a player on one-on-one I should open up the field, look for space. Before I would always wait for the ball at my feet, try to beat three players, and I was the one that passed the ball into space, because other players opened the field for me.
Villa said that at Barça he focused most on Pedro to understand his movements. And you?
I watch everyone, because they all have something I can learn from. From Iniesta his acceleration, from Xavi how he moves, from Leo how he thinks before receiving the ball, from Pedro how to work. The confidence Guardiola gave me helped me greatly in learning Barça’s play.
Why is that?
He gave me special attention and trusted me. Sometimes he would tell the other players: “pass the ball to Alexis, pass it to his back, he knows how to protect the ball.” That made me feel great, like a Ferrari.
Do you think that you’re now a better player than when you arrived?
I believe that I’ve adapted and that is very important when we talk about the best team in the world. But I’m still not what I can be, I am sure that I can be better, and that I am not playing entirely freely. I have shown that I can beat players here and give an assist, like I did in Italy – but I also have a sense of what I have not yet demonstrated. It’s that at times I want to take a defender on one-on-one but I can’t shoot, because the team is behind me and I know I should pass the ball back to start play over. Ours is a special type of play and I know I have to adapt.
In Chile, do you play differently?
Of course. To begin with, in Chile I feel more free, because it’s a different style. I get less tired with Barça, for [with] the national team I lead the front three, all over the field all game. Barça is unique, there is no other team that plays like this, in history there will not be another team with so much talent, that plays so well.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
ShehuAba: Alexis Sanchez: If It weren't for football, I'll still be washing cars

http://www.totalbarca.com/2013/interviews/alexis-if-it-werent-for-football-i-would-still-be-washing-cars/#more-141654

Alexis Sánchez gave a revealing interviewwith Spanish newspaperEl Paisin Chile, speaking about his childhood in poverty in Tocopilla and his life at Barça. A translation is offered below.
Q: Do you think you have to understand Tocopilla to understand your achievements?
A: My achievement is that I had an opportunity and I took advantage of it. You have to have luck in life, and I’ve had it. Now I’ve gone from here to over there (Europe), but it’s true that it was not easy to get money to live in Tocopilla. As a kid I washed cars to earn a little money. I was not a great student, I skipped school and went to go play football, alone or with my friends – so if it weren’t for football, I would still be washing cars and pushing carts….
They used to call you “ardilla” (squirrel)?
Yes, because I used to climb up trees and the roofs of houses, jumping patios and going up walls in order to retrieve the balls we lost. And from “ardilla” they gave me “Dilla,” “El Dilla de Tocopilla.” The whole city knew me for football. Football opened doors in my life and has allowed me to help my family, and for that I am very proud.
Who gave you your first boots?
One afternoon Mr. Courtois brought them to me, who was the mayor of Tocopilla and who liked Arauco, my team. I didn’t have shoes because my mother could not afford them. When the mayor gave them to me, I couldn’t wait more than two hours. I took off those Reeboks and went out into the street to play on the cement, with boots made for grass. I was as happy as a dog with two tails.
When did it become clear you would be a footballer?
Since I was little, practically a baby, it was clear to me. I would say to my mother: “Relax, I’m going to become a footballer and it will all turn out okay, we’ll have money.” And she would laugh. I would also say to my friends: “I’m going to give a car to you, a house to you…” I dreamed of cleaning up all of Tocopilla… I have not given my friend the car, he needs to earn it, but I am searching for a way to help Tocopilla however I can – I will find a way. I have made reality the dreams of that boy that played in the street against adults – and they gave me some kicks! But I came back to play against them every time. My football is that of the street.
Is it difficult to play in Barcelona?
Yes, I think so. I’ve had to learn to play football all over again. What I did in Italy I could not do here. Before taking a player on one-on-one I should open up the field, look for space. Before I would always wait for the ball at my feet, try to beat three players, and I was the one that passed the ball into space, because other players opened the field for me.
Villa said that at Barça he focused most on Pedro to understand his movements. And you?
I watch everyone, because they all have something I can learn from. From Iniesta his acceleration, from Xavi how he moves, from Leo how he thinks before receiving the ball, from Pedro how to work. The confidence Guardiola gave me helped me greatly in learning Barça’s play.
Why is that?
He gave me special attention and trusted me. Sometimes he would tell the other players: “pass the ball to Alexis, pass it to his back, he knows how to protect the ball.” That made me feel great, like a Ferrari.
Do you think that you’re now a better player than when you arrived?
I believe that I’ve adapted and that is very important when we talk about the best team in the world. But I’m still not what I can be, I am sure that I can be better, and that I am not playing entirely freely. I have shown that I can beat players here and give an assist, like I did in Italy – but I also have a sense of what I have not yet demonstrated. It’s that at times I want to take a defender on one-on-one but I can’t shoot, because the team is behind me and I know I should pass the ball back to start play over. Ours is a special type of play and I know I have to adapt.
In Chile, do you play differently?
Of course. To begin with, in Chile I feel more free, because it’s a different style. I get less tired with Barça, for [with] the national team I lead the front three, all over the field all game. Barça is unique, there is no other team that plays like this, in history there will not be another team with so much talent, that plays so well.
Who post this long thing here? Where are the mods ? Come and ban this guy!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AlyricistLaura: 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
lol
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ShehuAba(m): 10:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
Johnpaul88: Who post this long thing here? Where are the mods ? Come and ban this guy!

Am the one that posted it.
Why should i be banned please.
Which Nairaland rule did i go against.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
ShehuAba:

Am the one that posted it.
Why should i be banned please.
Which Nairaland rule did i go against.
Your post is too long. That is rule you went against. Post short short things.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ShehuAba(m): 6:46am On Sep 13, 2013
Johnpaul88: Your post is too long. That is rule you went against. Post short short things.

Okay have heard you.
No WAHALA
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 10:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
Llorente an option for Barcelona
Juventus striker Fernando Llorente has failed to make an impression in Italy and Barcelona may swoop to add depth to their offence.

Source: Sport
Friday, September 13, 2013 09:40

Iniesta rejects new Barcelona deal
Andres Iniesta has turned down Barcelona's first offer of a new contract. The midfielder is in no hurry to renew with the Catalans.

Source: Marca
Friday, September 13, 2013 09:44
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
What a poor performance from the team! So many misplaced passes and rubbish defending!
It's a shame how an average team like Sevilla was creating chances upon chances against us.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
Thank God we won at the last! Jeez!

Neymar is having a whale of time... The midfield duo of Xavi and Iniesta are confused at times. It seems they find it difficult in having a quick decision as to whom the ball should be passed to.

Anywayz, victory at last. Piqué is the worst defender in the world and no one should dispute that fact. Saying anything otherwise would mean one is not sincere. Mascherano is Barca's defence god. That guy is a beast!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:32pm On Sep 14, 2013
It's a good thing The Galacticos drew their match. As time goes on the boys will be separated from the men... Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (6240) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.