Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,125 members, 7,887,249 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:26 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4704587 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4230) (4231) (4232) (4233) (4234) (4235) (4236) ... (6243) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 8:41am On Nov 04, 2020
homesteady:
I don't know if you guys know Barcelona football club, I've been following the site for years now. So read this article

http://www.barcelonafootballblog.com/27833/alaves-1-barca-1-aka-dont-even-start-with-the-hashtags/

Tesppidd, please also read it.
Read it?

The article must be from God Himself?

The question here is ; Why are you still dragging me for my opinion?

Back off me would you.

This worst version of Messi can make the best play maker in the world.

Drag Griezman and Braithwaite for your goals.

I am done with this convo. Homeunsteady pls stop quoting me.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Godx: 8:47am On Nov 04, 2020
Kimbeast:

Honestly after reading the entire interactions your replies have been weak. You keep bringing unrelated subjects and diverting from the main context of the discussion which is typical Nairaland style of Amala turning. Godx is talking about Messi inability to score from open play which you have not addressed or said anything about.
Thank you for the bold. They keep bringing unrelated and stupid things into the discussion.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 8:48am On Nov 04, 2020
Godx:

Haha 13 players . So if they lose one more player the game is off. What's to stop them from saying that one last player is injured so they can play on another date with a full squad? Because that's what I will actually do in such predicament.
At a time like this rescheduling is going to be difficult. They'd probably hand us a 3-0 win if they don't meet UEFA's regulation.

The headline didn't say first team players, it's actually 13 first team players (no first team GK) would fill the squad with their youth players most likely.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 8:56am On Nov 04, 2020
Sommyroy10:
[Mundo Deportivo] Dynamo Kiev arrive to Barcelona with 13 players. The minimum that UEFA states. If another player tests positive, the match will be suspended.
Suspended or Cancelled?

Wouldn't mind it being cancelled. Let the players rest for Betis on Saturday.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 8:59am On Nov 04, 2020
tesppidd:
From all your opinions so far it is evident that you have attained intellectual menopause.
I really do think so.

1. We have all agreed that he has been poor in front of goal.
So drop that line, i know it's your selling point but it's not selling anymore with any reasonable person.

2. The issue I have is people like you trying to turn logic on it's head.
You seem not to understand that despite his goal drought he remains the best performing player in team.
And any opinion anybody has along that line you just shut it down, you don't wanna hear it.

For the umpteenth time, criticize him all you want, but for me I refuse to criticize him because he and Fati are still the best players in the team this season; goal or no goal.

Your opinions are so elementary like a feather on clean water.It's stays afloat.

It's time to stop judging Messi by Messi's standards, judge him by the general standards.

You are so autocratic... you are now even forcing a selling point on me grin grin

1) Thank God! At least we are going somewhere now... So you agree that he has to improve with his scoring right?

2) If you are judging from the Whoscored stats you posted, I already explained it to you. Dribbles and passes factors heavily in their ratings and Messi has a lot of that because of his free role. That rating doesn't cover his ease of losing possession, his poor decision making, his unsuccessful dribbles especially close to or in the 18 box.

You are failing to realise that the role Messi plays is the most essential role in this team, therefore how he plays is quite significant. We are lucky that Keoman has made us less dependent on Messi sef, because it would have been disastrous. It's just like how they use to say before that "when Busquets has a bad day, the team suffers".

A more sensible argument from you would have been that he is gelling with the new players and new tactics, he is missing Suarez. You can easily put the blame on lack of rest, which is what I said from the beginning. But no, you decided to turn this into a circus.

Like I said earlier, Messi needs to agree to start resting, he needs to take a week off, clear his head off any distraction, then he can come back and see how useful he can be to the team. He did it when Enrique had problems fitting MSN into the team and I believe he can do it again.

Tainks.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 9:01am On Nov 04, 2020
tesppidd:
Suspended or Cancelled?

Wouldn't mind it being cancelled. Let the players rest for Betis on Saturday.
It says suspended. Rescheduling would be very difficult imo.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 9:06am On Nov 04, 2020
tesppidd:
Read it?

The article must be from God Himself?

The question here is ; Why are you still dragging me for my opinion?

Back off me would you.

This worst version of Messi can make the best play maker in the world.

Drag Griezman and Braithwaite for your goals.

I am done with this convo. Homeunsteady pls stop quoting me.

Oga, I was on my own, it was you that started shouting like a market woman in my mention.

Yes I said market woman, because you just started accusing me of things that I did not say grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 9:07am On Nov 04, 2020
What is impressive about no open play goals with 1 assist in La Liga guy
abi na dribble we wan take win La Liga
tesppidd:
Of course I would want him to score more goals.
But if what he's giving us today is the best he can give at 33, still quite impressive.

But there's something I would want even more;

Griezman, Dembele, and Fati to deliver 50 percent of what Messi delivered to us when he had turned 25.

Just 50 percent and we're good.

If that trio can do that, and we're winning matches, people are definitely going to reduce how they look up to Messi for salvation.

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 9:14am On Nov 04, 2020
Judging Messi by other general standards you say
Messi only has 0 open play goal this season
He has 1 assist in La Liga
He has only created 1 big chances this season

So by general standards has he been poor this season yes/no
tesppidd:
From all your opinions so far it is evident that you have attained intellectual menopause.
I really do think so.

1. We have all agreed that he has been poor in front of goal.
So drop that line, i know it's your selling point but it's not selling anymore with any reasonable person.

2. The issue I have is people like you trying to turn logic on it's head.
You seem not to understand that despite his goal drought he remains the best performing player in team.
And any opinion anybody has along that line you just shut it down, you don't wanna hear it.

For the umpteenth time, criticize him all you want, but for me I refuse to criticize him because he and Fati are still the best players in the team this season; goal or no goal.

Your opinions are so elementary like a feather on clean water.It's stays afloat.

It's time to stop judging Messi by Messi's standards, judge him by the general standards.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 9:14am On Nov 04, 2020
homesteady:

[s]You are so autocratic... you are now even forcing a selling point on me grin grin

1) Thank God! At least we are going somewhere now... So you agree that he has to improve with his scoring right?

2) If you are judging from the Whoscored stats you posted, I already explained it to you. Dribbles and passes factors heavily in their ratings and Messi has a lot of that because of his free role. That rating doesn't cover his ease of losing possession, his poor decision making, his unsuccessful dribbles especially close to or in the 18 box.

You are failing to realise that the role Messi plays is the most essential role in this team, therefore how he plays is quite significant. We are lucky that Keoman has made us less dependent on Messi sef, because it would have been disastrous. It's just like how they use to say before that "when Busquets has a bad day, the team suffers".

A more sensible argument from you would have been that he is gelling with the new players and new tactics, he is missing Suarez. You can easily put the blame on lack of rest, which is what I said from the beginning. But no, you decided to turn this into a circus.

Like I said earlier, Messi needs to agree to start resting, he needs to take a week off, clear his head off any distraction, then he can come back and see how useful he can be to the team. He did it when Enrique had problems fitting MSN into the team and I believe he can do it again.

Tainks.
[/s]

Am done with you hom

Have a good day.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 9:27am On Nov 04, 2020
tesppidd:
Am done with you hom

Have a good day.

grin grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 9:36am On Nov 04, 2020
Ibukzy:
Judging Messi by other general standards you say
Messi only has 0 open play goal this season
He has 1 assist in La Liga
He has only created 1 big chances this season

So by general standards has he been poor this season yes/no
Don't let sentiments and emotions becloud your judgement.

Experts look beyond goals and assists for their ratings;

That is why most of you could never comprehend when we said way back that Messi can play an exceptional game even without a goal and assist.

Below is all I have to say to you;

Take a look at the screenshot below;

That column in red reads "rating"

What is the meaning of rating? Could you explain to us?

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 9:36am On Nov 04, 2020
Tesspidd,

If people wanna criticize Messi, its okay to defend.
But if they still think their criticism is valid after that, there's no point dragging the issue. I mean, for 2-3 days?

Same goes to others

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 9:41am On Nov 04, 2020
joviegghead:
Tesspidd,

If people wanna criticize Messi, its okay to defend.
But if they still think their criticism is valid after that, there's no point dragging the issue. I mean, for 2-3 days?

Same goes to others
Hahahaha

I thought it was over since 2 days ago until the one that calls himself homesteady dragged me out again today.

I guess he only wanted to have the last say so I've let that one have the last say since it means so much to him.

Am done with the subject.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 9:43am On Nov 04, 2020
Bottom line:
Critic:
Messi has been poor in front of goal. YES! and its worrying. No goals from open play in what seems like forever!

Defense:
True! He has been poor. But his performances for the team is quite good for a 33 year old. Expectations for goal scoring shouldn't be placed highly for him.

He taking more shots means other attackers should even be questioned.

I'm sorry. Did I miss something?!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 9:48am On Nov 04, 2020
tesppidd:
Hahahaha

I thought it was over since 2 days ago until the one that calls himself homesteady dragged me out again today.

I guess he only wanted to have the last say so I've let that one have the last say since it means so much to him.

Am done with the subject.

Why are you still mentioning me Tyrant Tesppidd? If you had the chance, you would have censored free speech here. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 9:54am On Nov 04, 2020
joviegghead:
Bottom line:
Critic:
Messi has been poor in front of goal. YES! and its worrying. No goals from open play in what seems like forever!

Defense:
True! He has been poor. But his performances for the team is quite good for a 33 year old. Expectations for goal scoring shouldn't be placed highly for him.

grin

Yes you did.

The part where he's slobbing around the pitch lazilly and not tracking back to the post when he loses the ball.
And the part where other attackers in the team have hit double digits already.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 10:01am On Nov 04, 2020
Lmao so what does expert looks at is it ratings?
does ratings of a player contribute to winning a trophy for a club?
Mind you i am not sentimental neither emotional about this, i am just being objective
as a supporter of fc barcelona , what come first is the club not the player even if he is the G.O.A.T
This season Messi has been poor even for general standard as he is the leader of the team and even the attack of barcelona, and he needs to improve or take some time off
tesppidd:
Don't let sentiments and emotions becloud your judgement.

Experts look beyond goals and assists for their ratings;

That is why most of you could never comprehend when we said way back that Messi can play an exceptional game even without a goal and assist.

Below is all I have to say to you;

Take a look at the screenshot below;

That column in red reads "rating"

What is the meaning of rating? Could you explain to us?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:03am On Nov 04, 2020
Ibukzy:
Lmao so what does expert looks at is it ratings?
does ratings of a player contribute to winning a trophy for a club?
Mind you i am not sentimental neither emotional about this, i am just being objective
as a supporter of fc barcelona , what come first is the club not the player even if he is the G.O.A.T
This season Messi has been poor even for general standard as he is the leader of the team and even the attack of barcelona, and he needs to improve or take some time off
All right then.

Very good explanation by the way.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 10:08am On Nov 04, 2020
So what should be our expectation of him
Is it assist, he only has 1 in 6 matches
is it big chance created he only has 1 in 6 matches.
joviegghead:
Bottom line:
Critic:

Defense:

Why should other attacker be questioned for Messi insistence in taking more shot when he isn't as you said the striker
joviegghead:

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 11:12am On Nov 04, 2020
joviegghead:
Bottom line:
Critic:

Defense:

His poor goal form is not just the only thing wrong with his game. Last season after the covid break, he wasn't in his best scoring form, but there wasn't much talk because the other aspects of his game overshadowed that part.

But this season, the other aspects of his game are not good enough to gloss over his now worse goal form.

Check below for the comparison between Messi and the other 4 most used attackers this season. Here are the worrying facts -
1) Messi is losing possession far more than any of them. The key word here is FAR More.

2) Messi is dragging chances created with Fati and Coutinho and Pedri are ahead of him.

3) Unsuccessful take ons - it can be argued that he tries more take ons than other players, so he should have more unsuccessful take ons. I don't have stats to back this up, but he is losing far more take ons close to the opponents 18 box than normal, which I believe is what is contributing more to his possession loss stats.

4) Then his shots and shots on target stats which has already been discussed extensively.

I would have compared his stats of this season to this last season stats, but that will not make sense because I can't compare this season 6 matches to about 30 something games.

I am also assuming that this is because of his age and his insistence on playing every minute. But the truth is that this can not continue. The role Messi plays in the team needs someone that has to be firing on all cylinders.

What Messi needs now is a very careful plan to ensure we get the best out of his remaining years.

I don't even think anything can be done, because they will not bench him and he will still maintain his free role. So we can only just hope he plays better as the season progresses.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 12:44pm On Nov 04, 2020
homesteady:

His poor goal form is not just the only thing wrong with his game. Last season after the covid break, he wasn't in his best scoring form, but there wasn't much talk because the other aspects of his game overshadowed that part.

But this season, the other aspects of his game are not good enough to gloss over his now worse goal form.

Check below for the comparison between Messi and the other 4 most used attackers this season. Here are the worrying facts -
1) Messi is losing possession far more than any of them. The key word here is FAR More.

2) Messi is dragging chances created with Fati and Coutinho and Pedri are ahead of him.

3) Unsuccessful take ons - it can be argued that he tries more take ons than other players, so he should have more unsuccessful take ons. I don't have stats to back this up, but he is losing far more take ons close to the opponents 18 box than normal, which I believe is what is contributing more to his possession loss stats.

4) Then his shots and shots on target stats which has already been discussed extensively.

I would have compared his stats of this season to this last season stats, but that will not make sense because I can't compare this season 6 matches to about 30 something games.

I am also assuming that this is because of his age and his insistence on playing every minute. But the truth is that this can not continue. The role Messi plays in the team needs someone that has to be firing on all cylinders.

What Messi needs now is a very careful plan to ensure we get the best out of his remaining years.

I don't even think anything can be done, because they will not bench him and he will still maintain his free role. So we can only just hope he plays better as the season progresses.

The stats are based on La liga only right?
Anyway, it doesn't matter.

Messi losing possession can be truly worrying. But, dwelling on that and declaring him as terrible doesn't just sound okay.

The only thing we can hope for is that things gets better for messi and his form improves(goalscoring and in other aspects possible).
I think the Messi we've known over time makes it difficult to accept the messi we know now.

There's nothing we can do. But the guy is trying.
That's the reason I hate it when people decide to single him out and criticise him as if he's meant to be perfect. There are other positives to his performance.

Maybe he can do better. We'll just have to wait. The season is still young.

As for the free role position, who do think is better to hold that position?

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Freebrowsing12(m): 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2020
all of una wey they slander messi dey mad
idiotic set of people
cry cry cry cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 12:56pm On Nov 04, 2020
tesppidd:
grin

Yes you did.

The part where he's slobbing around the pitch lazilly and not tracking back to the post when he loses the ball.
And the part where other attackers in the team have hit double digits already.

That 'messi is lazy' argument is obviously a silly one.

Double digits?!grin

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2020
joviegghead:

Messi losing possession can be truly worrying. But, dwelling on that and declaring him as terrible doesn't just sound okay.

The only thing we can hope for is that things gets better for messi and his form improves(goalscoring and in other aspects possible).
I think the Messi we've known over time makes it difficult to accept the messi we know now.

That's the reason I hate it when people decide to single him out and criticise him as if he's meant to be perfect. There are other positives to his performance.

Take on success Messi 63 percent and Griezman 100 percent.

Maybe Messi attempted 100 take ons in 6 games and got 63.
Griezman must have attempted only 5 take ons in 6 games and got all 5. And that's 100 percent abi?

grin grin grin grin
That's an example of how inconsequential those screen shots are.

*These screen shots keep showing possesion lost without showing possession won.
Why?
grin grin

Do these screen shots make any sense if player A had possesion 500 times and lost 50 times.

While players B,C, had possesions only 100 times and lost only 30 times?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 2:12pm On Nov 04, 2020
joviegghead:

That 'messi is lazy' argument is obviously a silly one.

Double digits?!grin
Don't You think Messi should play only 65 minutes tonight and against Betis on Saturday?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 2:50pm On Nov 04, 2020
tesppidd:
Don't You think Messi should play only 65 minutes tonight and against Betis on Saturday?

Yea!
Pundits are tipping he'll be benched tonight sef.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2020
joviegghead:

Yea!
Pundits are tipping he'll be benched tonight sef.
Hmn

Whatever we do, it is very very essential to top that group ahead of Juve. Now we have the edge already.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2020
joviegghead:

Please kindly Point out where I said Messi was generally terrible. You won't find it because it's only in your imagination. You people think we are bashing Messi.

Or are you also of the mindset that a player should never be criticized like Tepsid?

The funny thing is that the backroom staff would have already noted these things. Maybe they have discussed it with him or the Coach already. So you guys need to chill.

Messi role is not the typical free role, he is extra free to do anything he wants. We don't have any player, in fact, there is hardly any player that can perform the same function. Look at other big clubs, is there any one that plays with a system where one player can do whatever he likes? Nahh.. That's the reason why he is the GOAT.

The truth is that Messi is ageing. When he eventually gets his form back, will he be able to play such a demanding role for every minute of this season? The solution will either be to positionally restrict him or play him in less games.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 4:12pm On Nov 04, 2020
tesppidd:
Take on success Messi 63 percent and Griezman 100 percent.

Maybe Messi attempted 100 take ons in 6 games and got 63.
Griezman must have attempted only 5 take ons in 6 games and got all 5. And that's 100 percent abi?

grin grin grin grin
That's an example of how inconsequential those screen shots are.

*These screen shots keep showing possesion lost without showing possession won.
Why?
grin grin

Do these screen shots make any sense if player A had possesion 500 times and lost 50 times.

While players B,C, had possesions only 100 times and lost only 30 times?

Do you think everyone here is a beer parlour "analyst" like yourself? I was cringing as I wrote analyst sef. Who doesn't know that per 90 minutes is the best metric for measuring player statistics? grin grin Have you ever sat down to watch the analysis of any match?

Look at this headline from Barca Universal. Do you now see how it lays credence to the stats?

You are just falling your hand. You have been on this section for a long time and you are still debating like an amateur.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 4:38pm On Nov 04, 2020
homesteady:

Do you think everyone here is a beer parlour "analyst" like yourself? I was cringing as I wrote analyst sef. Who doesn't know that per 90 minutes is the best metric for measuring player statistics? grin grin Have you ever sat down to watch the analysis of any match?

Look at this headline from Barca Universal. Do you now see how it lays credence to the stats?

You are just falling your hand. You have been on this section for a long time and you are still debating like an amateur.
grin grin grin

See me see wahala ooh.

Why are you still quoting me na...

I thought you said something about respecting opinions?

Here's a typical instance;

If in 90 minutes Griezman attempts 5 dribbles and succeeds in all he has a 100%.

Then Messi attempts 30 dribbles and succeeds in 25, he has 83%

Or maybe Griezman possesses the ball 20 times and got dispossead 8 times ,

While Messi possesses the ball 50 times and lost the ball 10 times,

Based on these 2 criteria you're trying to tell us that Griezman had a better game abi?

Lol.

Did you recently zero trim your brain or what?
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2020
homesteady:

See I am allergic to cyclic reasoning.
As much as I try to ignore your post, the sheer indiscretion gets crazy.

Stop quoting me let this matter rest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4230) (4231) (4232) (4233) (4234) (4235) (4236) ... (6243) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MonsieurCoder and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.