Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,807 members, 7,872,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4686047 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4232) (4233) (4234) (4235) (4236) (4237) (4238) ... (6237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 04, 2020
Come Sunday against real Betis, guess who’s gonna start as the top striker for barce.....

Someone that can’t convert a simple chance like this

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by funkyjms: 10:05pm On Nov 04, 2020
I'm lost...why was Kiev's goal cancelled??
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 10:06pm On Nov 04, 2020
joviegghead:

Make we still dey look

Like I was telling someone who was criticizing Messi, Griezmann has had the best of our goal scoring chances. A lot of them. And he's missed 98% of them.

Sadly, Messi is still the one to be singled out while other attackers can be 'excused'. Or so they said.

I haven't seen anybody excusing Griezmann on this thread sha. If there is any player that there is a 100% consensus among Barcelona fans that he is useless, that player is Griezmann grin

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 10:07pm On Nov 04, 2020
haymekus:
Come Sunday against real Betis, guess who’s gonna start as the top striker for barce.....

Someone that can’t convert a simple chance like this
grin

Funny thing is I didn't flinch when it happened. It's like I getting used to our mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 10:07pm On Nov 04, 2020
funkyjms:
I'm lost...why was Kiev's goal cancelled??
Seems ball had already crossed the line. That's shitty but it favors us.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 04, 2020
Someone could easily compile a 20-minutes clip of greizmann misses.

He is the worst striker barce have ever had, I mean the likes of bojan, Tello, Cuenca, malcom, alcacer, even ibro that were never considered star forwards were never close to how bad greizmann is.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 10:09pm On Nov 04, 2020
See how De Jong was bodied off cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 10:10pm On Nov 04, 2020
Kiev growing in confidence. Stegen saving our ass. undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 10:20pm On Nov 04, 2020
homesteady:

I haven't seen anybody excusing Griezmann on this thread sha. If there is any player that there is a 100% consensus among Barcelona fans that he is useless, that player is Griezmann grin

Someone defended him by saying he hasn't been given playing time and plays in odd positions.
As if that should stop him from scoring our big chances.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 10:22pm On Nov 04, 2020
Striker Pique
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 10:28pm On Nov 04, 2020
Players that have impressed me.

Ter stegen and Kiev keeper. Damn,they are good.

Guys, can someone tell me the value of this double pivot strategy that we've been using?

This Kiev C team have carved us open severally.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 10:38pm On Nov 04, 2020
Neshcheret
And he's dynamo Kiev's C keeper!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 04, 2020
Mehn both keepers are the stars today. Koeman if you like continue playing pedri on the wings and use griezmann as the striker. I really had high hopes for koeman before.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 04, 2020
MATS motm against a depleted dynamo team

Ok, I see what clownman is building
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 11:00pm On Nov 04, 2020
We're honestly very bad.

Messi is probably in the worst form of his life.Man can't make a 10 metre pass to save his life. Pedri is rubbish. I've seen him in a couple of games and dude is completely a bad player. Not exceptional or good about his game.

Busquet and Jordi Alba are done and should be moved on the next summer transfer window. There was a counter attack in the first half that Jordi Alba didn't track back for and dude lost his man for Dynamo's goal. The two players have honestly been very bad.

De Jong should never play defense again. Fati should work on his finishing. No footworks from him but finishing still has a lot to be done. MATS and Fati are the only positives from the game. The two goalkeepers were really exceptional

A lot of work needs to be done and Koeman from his reactions knows that. We first need to make sure this senior players never play for us next season. A total overhaul is needed from the defense to the attack. I don't see us winning anything this season tbh.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 11:00pm On Nov 04, 2020
NegroAcheiver:
Mehn both keepers are the stars today. Koeman if you like continue playing pedri on the wings and use griezmann as the striker. I really had high hopes for koeman before.

Pedri on the wings?? What match did you watch?? Pedri is dogshit tbf. From poor passes to what have you.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 11:01pm On Nov 04, 2020
The double pivot is supposed to help close spaces quickly and help defensively, our own few passes and the defense has given way for free entry.

Lenglet keeps holding players during corners, loves using his hands, this guy.

Glad Stegen is back. Kiev keeper was GOATed tonight ( reminds me of malaga keeper those years)

After the match against Getafe, this is our worst?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:05pm On Nov 04, 2020
This is the worst performance i have seen under Koeman. Very frustrating and labored display from all the players. None better than the other.

I like to give coaches alot of benefit of the doubt but the jury is still out on Koeman's coaching so far. Nothing impressive so far has been seen from the team. The defensive display has not improved as much as touted. The physical improvement of the players have not yielded any positive outcome. The attack is at an all time blunt. Players do not shoot on goal but prefer to walk the ball into the net. Fringe players are drifting in and out of the team. Trincao promised so much but have looked lost and uncertain each time he stepped into the field. Koeman is not getting the best out of any player yet.

Maybe it is because the games have come thick and fast. But time is running out.

I am really displeased with the team's performance tonight, despite picking up 3 points.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 11:12pm On Nov 04, 2020
I missed the memo that we are playing a decimated Kiev. This makes it worse.

This season is just vibes for me, I'm not expecting anything serious. The only expectation I have for this season is for Fati and Pedri to mature more and get ready for next season.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 11:16pm On Nov 04, 2020
*Pedri on the wing is terrible and best utilized as a sub for now.
*Busquets and Griezmann should warm the bench.
*Dembele should be used more.
*The Double pivot strategy is bullshit.
*We need good CBs.
*We need a striker!
*Let Messi rest.
*Give Puig and Aleña chance play more.
*We need to shoot more.
*I think Trincao fooled me to thinking he's a world class talent.
*Koeman is a fool
*Barca isn't winning anything if things continue like this.

I still can believe it. Dynamo Kiev came with 13 players (not main squad), and we barely survived.
I know I said it still early days, but the signs we're seeing is of a terrible future.
No threat, quick transition, weak creativity, i can go on.

The problem is not just the players, its Koeman. That stubbornness will kill him.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 04, 2020
Adiwana:
We're honestly very bad.

Messi is probably in the worst form of his life.Man can't make a 10 metre pass to save his life. Pedri is rubbish. I've seen him in a couple of games and dude is completely a bad player. Not exceptional or good about his game.

Busquet and Jordi Alba are done and should be moved on the next summer transfer window. There was a counter attack in the first half that Jordi Alba didn't track back for and dude lost his man for Dynamo's goal. The two players have honestly been very bad.

De Jong should never play defense again. Fati should work on his finishing. No footworks from him but finishing still has a lot to be done. MATS and Fati are the only positives from the game. The two goalkeepers were really exceptional

A lot of work needs to be done and Koeman from his reactions knows that. We first need to make sure this senior players never play for us next season. A total overhaul is needed from the defense to the attack. I don't see us winning anything this season tbh.

Ngl pedri is not that bad, just that he’s more like a cm/am than a winger

But once clownman likes a player, he must find a way to use that player, regardless of if the player suit his game plan or not

Even in the match against juve, apart from a couple of dribbles, he wasn’t really an attacking threat in that game.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 11:26pm On Nov 04, 2020
its like Koeman just throws in players based on who he thinks plays well in training or recent matches.

I still can't wrap my head around why Busquets plays regular and young talents like Puig and Alena waste.

Its like if De jong and Busquets don't play he'll die. He's now obsessed with Pedri and plugs him anyhow in the team whether its his position or not.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 11:30pm On Nov 04, 2020
haymekus:

But once clownman likes a player, he must find a way to use that player, regardless of if the player suit his game plan or not

Even in the match against juve, apart from a couple of dribbles, he wasn’t really an attacking threat in that game.
God bless you!

That Koeman is a stubborn and rigid fool.
Try something new. its obvious his strategy is not working. But no. He'll keep on doing the same thing.

Bart is gone. but barca still maintains its shitiness.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by gustav25: 12:05am On Nov 05, 2020
grin grin grin

Comrades , join me as we laugh this miserable team .... Another trophy less season incoming and the royal white will win it all again and still trash your ass
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 12:10am On Nov 05, 2020
Guess the player:

"his 60 minutes on the pitch he attempted just 14 passes with an 86% completion rate"

"He wasn't fouled, nor did he foul. He didn't make a key pass, nor did he complete a dribble."

"made 22 touches in his 60 minutes on the pitch - his replacement, Ousmane Dembele made 29 touches after coming on in half the time.

And the fact that Ter Stegen made nine more touches than him - literally having more involvement in the match ......doesn't make for pleasant reading."

https://www.footballcritic.com/

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 12:20am On Nov 05, 2020
haymekus:

Pedri played the entire game as a CAM occasionally drifting to the wide and played absolutely nonsense. He was not creative, couldn't even complete a pass and was just horrendous. The painful part was that he played the same nonsense against Alaves. He's always trying to play some finesse pass,dribble and he absolutely can't shoot.

I get Koeman trying to channel everything away from Messi and trying to find some replacement for Messi by tasking Pedri to take more responsibilities but the truth is that this guy just can't do it. Dude is still young and has a lot to learn and it clearly shows in his game. Puig would've given us more from that position
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by brandon180(m): 12:34am On Nov 05, 2020
Dembele should be given more game time, I just wish he can be consistent. Maybe this could finally be his season?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:10am On Nov 05, 2020
The major problem i see with the team remains the inability to put away chances.

Fati has tried, he's played his part in terms of getting the goals.

Messi, Dembele, Griezman, and Pedri, are not scoring goals!

We can only hope and pray for all that to change pretty soon.
If the goals start coming somehow, I believe so much in this team.

We are top of our UCL group and are technically 5 points behind Real Madrid in La Liga.
And considering all of the challenges faced by this club on and off the field, it could be much worse than this.

Braithwaite could offer us something very different in attack, We should give Braithwaite a chance, replace Griezman.

Koeman has got no choice now but to try Braithwaite upfront.

Messi could play behind him,
flanked by Fati to the left and Dembele to the left in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

We even reason to be optimistic, if our attackers start burying chances.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TLona1: 10:45am On Nov 05, 2020
The chemistry in the attack isn't really strong enough that's why Messi is finding hard to score.

If Suarez was still in Barca, I think Messi's goalscoring output would have been much better than this.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 11:29am On Nov 05, 2020
TLona1:
The chemistry in the attack isn't really strong enough that's why Messi is finding hard to score.

If Suarez was still in Barca, I think Messi's goalscoring output would have been much better than this.
That's the word.

Jelling is required amongst them.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 12:21pm On Nov 05, 2020
tesppidd:
The major problem i see with the team remains the inability to put away chances.

Fati has tried, he's played his part in terms of getting the goals.

Messi, Dembele, Griezman, and Pedri, are not scoring goals!

We can only hope and pray for all that to change pretty soon.
If the goals start coming somehow, I believe so much in this team.

We are top of our UCL group and are technically 5 points behind Real Madrid in La Liga.
And considering all of the challenges faced by this club on and off the field, it could be much worse than this.

Braithwaite could offer us something very different in attack, We should give Braithwaite a chance, replace Griezman.

Koeman has got no choice now but to try Braithwaite upfront.

Messi could play behind him,
flanked by Fati to the left and Dembele to the left in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

We even reason to be optimistic, if our attackers start burying chances.

You think Koeman will play Braithwaite

I still don't understand. if you can give Pedri a chance ,why can't you give other talents.
People think our only problem is not taking chances. WRONG!

Our problems cut across ALL departments.
Dynamo Kiev came with a completely depleted team. The world thought barca would beat them with by 4-goal margin or more.

Guess what, Ter Stegen had to rescue us . Meaning they could have won that game.
That defense is WEAK.

The midfield? Slow transition. Still, Koeman believes Busquets is the key to successful Barca while talents rot on the bench.

The double pivot strategy is not working. The double pivot system aims at super solidity. What have we gotten so far? Porousness. Creativity? We on rely messi.

Attack? You know the story.

Koeman is just headstrong and rigid. I saw his worried face and I know he knows he's screwing up. Just try other options. And play the right players. Based on form and effectiveness and not based on Past glory.

I don't see us beating Betis. And may we not play any fellow elite club soon . if that happens, hmmm, Humiliation 2.0.

So tesspidd, there's nothing to be optimistic about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4232) (4233) (4234) (4235) (4236) (4237) (4238) ... (6237) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.