Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,234 members, 7,887,653 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:57 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4705454 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4329) (4330) (4331) (4332) (4333) (4334) (4335) ... (6243) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:18pm On Jan 03, 2021
3 vital points nonetheless!

Next up Athletic Club. Let's bring our scoring boot. All these 20 chances score 1 won't work and Messi blasting chances far away into the stands.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 11:23pm On Jan 03, 2021
500 La Liga games for Lionel Messi:

451 goals
200 assists

Being the GOAT isn't about just tap-in and penalties.

8 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 1:11am On Jan 04, 2021
FirstbornWds:
A Madman has just be unleashed from the asylum. Watch your back rules, else you'll be slain with idiocy.

Guy rest, throughout the whole altercation you were the confused one
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 5:43am On Jan 04, 2021
joviegghead:
500 La Liga games for Lionel Messi:

451 goals
200 assists

Being the GOAT isn't about just tap-in and penalties.
These are strictly la liga stats I guess.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Capaldi: 6:03am On Jan 04, 2021
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 6:34am On Jan 04, 2021
pu7pl3:

Guy rest, throughout the whole altercation you were the confused one

You were referred on your thread to be
Stubborn and pigheaded CAPITAL FULL STOP....

I won't expect anything more from you. It's alright.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:06am On Jan 04, 2021
FirstbornWds:

He has been chastised, shamed and rejected at his own home.

grin

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:09am On Jan 04, 2021
The table is taking shape.

If we win our next 2 games this week, we'll most definitely be 3rd.

But they are both away games; Bilbao and Granada. shocked

But how could we have 3 consecutive away games?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:20am On Jan 04, 2021
It will take a lot to come out of our next 2 fixtures unscathed.

Is it even possible
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:38am On Jan 04, 2021
tesppidd:
The table is taking shape.

If we win our next 2 games this week, we'll most definitely be 3rd.

But they are both away games; Bilbao and Granada. shocked

But how could we have 3 consecutive away games?
Bilbao is one of the matches we didn't play at the beginning of the season. We are the only once playing in the midweek.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:40am On Jan 04, 2021
tesppidd:
It will take a lot to come out of our next 2 fixtures unscathed.

Is it even possible
If we put away half of the chances we created, we'll definitely win these games. And also eliminate our comical mistakes.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 8:39am On Jan 04, 2021
jpmoriarti:
If we put away half of the chances we created, we'll definitely win these games. And also eliminate our comical mistakes.
Our problems are just concerning.

Like a barca player said, 'we need 15 or more chances to score'.

Also, others players don't shoot like messi. Messi sef was blasting shots like mumu yesterday. Dembele's shot almost made me cry. Pjanic just keeps disappointing me. I thought he was a good shooter.
Pedri and co will have chance to shoot, but no, he'll cut and pass.

Also this team gets fidgety towards the end of games.

Lastly busquets isn't a good cover for the back 4. Notice how pjanic was covering and still joining the attack like de jong was doing. I loved that.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 9:45am On Jan 04, 2021
joviegghead:

Also, others players don't shoot like messi. Messi sef was blasting shots like mumu yesterday. Dembele's shot almost made me cry. Pjanic just keeps disappointing me. I thought he was a good shooter.

Lastly busquets isn't a good cover for the back 4. Notice how pjanic was covering and still joining the attack like de jong was doing. I loved that.
Pjanic has really underwhelmed since arriving. I also thought he was a good shooter but they guy seems to have forgotten his precision shooting lessons. Shoots wayward, balloons shots into thin air grin grin grin

Busquets best days may have passed but I am still yet to see a midfielder who can give a precision pass as him. All his forward passes are still a joy to behold. Wen he left the pitch yesterday, I dare say dt our midfield collapsed. Busquets still got his marvelous touches. Shame that he has lost his solidity. But age catches up with everyone eventually.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 10:57am On Jan 04, 2021
jpmoriarti:
Pjanic has really underwhelmed since arriving. I also thought he was a good shooter but they guy seems to have forgotten his precision shooting lessons. Shoots wayward, balloons shots into thin air grin grin grin

Busquets best days may have passed but I am still yet to see a midfielder who can give a precision pass as him. All his forward passes are still a joy to behold. Wen he left the pitch yesterday, I dare say dt our midfield collapsed. Busquets still got his marvelous touches. Shame that he has lost his solidity. But age catches up with everyone eventually.

I completely agree with the Busquets part. There's no truer words spoken but you really cannot categorize every of our midfielders...

Have you seen Puig passes?

What you think say we day fight Koeman?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Moura7(m): 11:04am On Jan 04, 2021
I didn't see the game yesterday and from the reviews and one clip of Messi shooting astray, I'm glad i didn't. More glad we left with 3 points tho. The fixtures this week aren't nice at all but hopefully we'd scale through by God's Grace.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 11:21am On Jan 04, 2021
jpmoriarti:

I have said this a million times.

Busquets is one player that we all love to hate.

I would play him over Pjanic 2-4-7-3-6-5.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 11:23am On Jan 04, 2021
Moura7:
I didn't see the game yesterday and from the reviews and one clip of Messi shooting astray, I'm glad i didn't. More glad we left with 3 points tho. The fixtures this week aren't nice at all but hopefully we'd scale through by God's Grace.
There was one particular karate kick that almost went to throwing. Though it was quite an over ambitious kick.

grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Moura7(m): 12:04pm On Jan 04, 2021
tesppidd:
There was one particular karate kick that almost went to throwing. Though it was quite an over ambitious kick.

grin grin grin

grin[quote author=tesppidd post=97706925]

That's the one....e dey form Bruce Lee.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Moura7(m): 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2021
Lol... someone said to loan Koeman to Mcity so he'd learn under Pep.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 2:31pm On Jan 04, 2021
FirstbornWds:

You were the confused one...rest
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2021
Moura7:
Lol... someone said to loan Koeman to Mcity so he'd learn under Pep.
Koeman isn't that bad. Problem is we have alot of players that are not up to Barcelona standard. Messi has also declined. Good coaches need good players to succeed too.

Consider that Pep of Man City didn't have Gabriel Jesus, Walker and few others available against Chelsea yesterday. But go and see his starting line up. He could even afford to keep Mahrez and Ferran Torres and Aguerro on the bench.

We don't possess that squad depth nor do we have as much talent and quality.

Not to undermine the tactical acumen Pep possessed when he was Barca coach, I still remember alot of matches Messi baled us out by sheer talent and quality.

I think if we had Ansu and Dembele mostly available, we won't be in this situation right now.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by chusks(m): 3:59pm On Jan 04, 2021
joviegghead:

Also, others players don't shoot like messi. messi sef was blasting shots like mumu yesterday . Dembele's shot almost made me cry. Pjanic just keeps disappointing me. I thought he was a good shooter.

Wahala no too much? grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 7:46pm On Jan 04, 2021
jpmoriarti:
Koeman isn't that bad. Problem is we have alot of players that are not up to Barcelona standard. Messi has also declined. Good coaches need good players to succeed too.

Consider that Pep of Man City didn't have Gabriel Jesus, Walker and few others available against Chelsea yesterday. But go and see his starting line up. He could even afford to keep Mahrez and Ferran Torres and Aguerro on the bench.

We don't possess that squad depth nor do we have as much talent and quality.

Not to undermine the tactical acumen Pep possessed when he was Barca coach, I still remember alot of matches Messi baled us out by sheer talent and quality.

I think if we had Ansu and Dembele mostly available, we won't be in this situation right now.
Lemme not attack koeman. But what do you mean by "we have alot of players that are not up to Barca's standards"? What exactly is Barca's standard for player? If coaches need good players to succeed, are you saying we don't have good players?
You even went on to say we don't have as much talent and qualitygrin

We know the club is currently damaged, but looking at our team, the problems are largely managerially caused.
If a manager can't bring out the best in players, then he's a bad manager.
Koeman can't even do this.

Okay, tactically, a manager should be sharp and have effective plans. Koeman is terrible in this area.

This team is a good mixture of youth and experience, unlike last season. The team is balanced with good replacements for each position. But still koeman hasn't used them in the best way possible.

Give this team to pep, klopp or mourinho and see wonders.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2021
joviegghead:

Lemme not attack koeman. But what do you mean by "we have alot of players that are not up to Barca's standards"? What exactly is Barca's standard for player? If coaches need good players to succeed, are you saying we don't have good players?

We know the club is currently damaged, but looking at our team, the problems are largely managerially caused.

Okay, tactically, a manager should be sharp and have effective plans. Koeman is terrible in this area.

This team is a good mixture of youth and experience, unlike last season. The team is balanced with good replacements for each position. But still koeman hasn't used them in the best way possible.

I hear you, bro. But look at our striking position manned by Braithwaite. Is that a Barcelona quality player? Look across our defensive line. Lenglet, Araujo, Mingueza etc are they Barcelona quality players?

You dont know Barcelona quality players? Let me remind you. Barcelona quality are the best players in the world in their positions. Our midfield is screaming of mediocrity.

You mentioned Pep? Look at his City squad. None of our starting eleven will start for City expect for maybe Messi. Look at Liverpool. Which player are we not going to take ahead of the frauds we have back home in Barcelona?

Most of our players do not lack ambition. They are simply not good enough. You can't give what you do not have. This same squad has caused the sack of Valverde and Setien. Now Koeman is tottering on the edges, starring down the dark tunnel of another impending sack.

Is it not time we looked at the quality of the players we have? Is it not time we agreed they are not measuring up, not because of inadequate coaching but that they're simply poor and bunch of frauds?

If you do not have it in you to be great, then there is not so much someone can do for you.

Mourinho can only wake up a sleeping giant. If you are a dwarf, even it is Mourinho or Pep or Kloop that woke you up, you will remain a dwarf. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2021
To highlight how poor our squad quality has been this season, 5 direct goal from individual mistakes have come most from Barcelona, which represented the highest in the league. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Tell me how this is a coaching issues.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 04, 2021
Puig, alena and fernandes are all gonna be going on loan due to the fact that this Dutch bastard has deemed them surplus to requirement.

I hope this man is going to bring home the UCL and La liga after taking this crucial decision, bearing in mind that coutinho and fati are already out with long term injuries, leaving barce with only busquet, FDJ and pjanic as the only available midfield

I Dey wait
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Moura7(m): 9:32pm On Jan 04, 2021
joviegghead:

Thank you....leave the diplomat
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Moura7(m): 9:41pm On Jan 04, 2021
jpmoriarti:
I hear you, bro. But look at our striking position manned by Braithwaite. Is that a Barcelona quality player? Look across our defensive line. Lenglet, Araujo, Mingueza etc are they Barcelona quality players?

You dont know Barcelona quality players? Let me remind you. Barcelona quality are the best players in the world in their positions. Our midfield is screaming of mediocrity.

You mentioned Pep? Look at his City squad. None of our starting eleven will start for City expect for maybe Messi. Look at Liverpool. Which player are we not going to take ahead of the frauds we have back home in Barcelona?

Most of our players do not lack ambition. They are simply not good enough. You can't give what you do not have. This same squad has caused the sack of Valverde and Setien. Now Koeman is tottering on the edges, starring down the dark tunnel of another impending sack.

Is it not time we looked at the quality of the players we have? Is it not time we agreed they are not measuring up, not because of inadequate coaching but that they're simply poor and bunch of frauds?

If you do not have it in you to be great, then there is not so much someone can do for you.

Mourinho can only wake up a sleeping giant. If you are a dwarf, even it is Mourinho or Pep or Kloop that woke you up, you will remain a dwarf. grin grin grin

You have a point , but a major job of a manager is bringing out the best in your players. See when Pep came to barca, who did we buy??...how many world class were there? He even met a dead Ronaldinho then ( atleast Messi is much better now than dinho was then), but he came turned Pique, Busquets, Pedro, Iniesta into world class material. Who knew Trent , Robertson even Mane( who tuned him into this beast we know now), before Klopp. Koeman has a very good squad but he's just clueless on how to manage the team. There's no excuse anymore. You can see it when we're a goal behind, dude subs every one off the pitch and throws in attackers everywhere, where's the tactical prowess in that? It's because of this nonsense that players usually leave their positions and that doing what they feel is right.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 9:51pm On Jan 04, 2021
Moura7:

You have a point , but a major job of a manager is bringing out the best in your players. See when Pep came to barca, who did we buy??...how many world class were there? He even met a dead Ronaldinho then ( atleast Messi is much better now than dinho was then), but he came turned Pique, Busquets, Pedro, Iniesta into world class material. Who knew Trent , Robertson even Mane( who tuned him into this beast we know now), before Klopp. Koeman has a very good squad but he's just clueless on how to manage the team. There's no excuse anymore. You can see it when we're a goal behind, dude subs every one off the pitch and throws in attackers everywhere, where's the tactical prowess in that? It's because of this nonsense that players usually leave their positions and that doing what they feel is right.
We can keep going round and round but I think i have made my point. Y'all want me to join the bandwagon criticizing the coach's every single move but I have to look at a group of overpaid men, who have not risen to the occasion to be who they need to be for the progress of a club in transition.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Moura7(m): 9:56pm On Jan 04, 2021
jpmoriarti:
We can keep going round and round but I think i have made my point. Y'all want me to join the bandwagon criticizing the coach's every single move but I have to look at a group of overpaid men, who have not risen to the occasion to be who they need to be for the progress of a club in transition.

All right bro, peace. In the end we all want the same thing, the best for the club no matter how different our views are.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2021
jpmoriarti:

Those players you mentioned are talents(araujo, mingueza). The pep I know will transform them to things you never imagine they'll be.

Let look at the main squad: Messi, Dembele, Griezmann, De jong, Busquets, Pjanic, Coutinho, Alba, Pique, Lenglet and Dest.

This guyz are ballers. Some have just been low in terms of form. These players at their best would shatter any team. Are they are their best? No! Who's responsible for that? The manager! Have we seen any improvements impacted by koeman?No!

Look the other part of the squad: Fati, Pedri, Puig, Alena, Konrad, Araujo, Oscar, etc.
Talents!!!
I repeat, give pep this team, and see wonders. That dembele you're seeing ehn, if he was under pep, he would be the best player in our team right now. The world would be singing praises of Pedri and puig.

That's what a good manager does. He develops and improves players. We don't have that!

No motivation! Who's responsible for that? To a large extent, the manager!

The team has NEVER been mediocre but our games and play have been. The midfield has all the components to propel us to glory. I
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by obainojazz(m): 3:23am On Jan 05, 2021
Going to war and your leader is this short, how you gonn win

(1) (2) (3) ... (4329) (4330) (4331) (4332) (4333) (4334) (4335) ... (6243) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.