Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,848 members, 7,906,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:33 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4735342 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5128) (5129) (5130) (5131) (5132) (5133) (5134) ... (6253) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2022
cliqtips:
Can we say Barca is back to his full force?

Abeg we still Dey rebuild
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2022
jpmoriarti:
4 different scorers against Napoli.

4 different scorers against Athletic Bilbao.

Shows that everyone is getting involved.

#passtomessi era effectively dead!
Calma Calma.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2022
Kilishihunter:

Nice to see you finally back after suddenly disappearing genuinely for a very long time...
Good luck against PSG bruv

I didn't disappear bruv
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2022
jonsnow92:
Calma Calma.

Why? angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 6:42pm On Feb 28, 2022
jonsnow92:
Calma Calma.

Of course no more #passtomessi# anymore. Have you forgotten that Messi is no more here to pass to literally?

Moreover, every forward player in this new Xavi era wants to show himself, so everybody scores. During Messi time we've seen players holding up the ball just to pass to Messi instead of scoring themselves.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:43pm On Feb 28, 2022
Barcelona scored 19 goals this month and Real Madrid only 5 cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Payporte: 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2022
according to some reports we have reach an agreement to sign acMilan frank kessie on a free transfer

Cc kilishihunter
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2022
Kilishihunter:
Starring:
Doctor Pedri in the Multiverse of Wickedness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wsBEBIE534

I literally "died" when Pedri did this and my jaw snapped opened wide for minutes. What impudence!

It was almost a Messi-Boateng moment for me. Or maybe a Messi-Milner moment more accurately.

Had to spare his Bilbao victim some thought about how he'd look his kid in the eye later that night and respond to queries of "why did you lay that egg pop"

Pedri only needs to have more direct goal involvements and boom, another Iniesta will be truly reborn in Camp Nou.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mostob(m): 10:43pm On Feb 28, 2022
Kilishihunter:
Starring:
Doctor Pedri in the Multiverse of Wickedness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wsBEBIE534
Xavi must be proud. Xavi executed something similar during his playing days. Pedri was probably doing 10-year challenge grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 7:59am On Mar 01, 2022
Awesome01:

Of course no more #passtomessi# anymore. Have you forgotten that Messi is no more here to pass to literally?

Moreover, every forward player in this new Xavi era wants to show himself, so everybody scores. During Messi time we've seen players holding up the ball just to pass to Messi instead of scoring themselves.
Pass to Messi was a phrase coined out to capture our predictability in how we attack. Recall that it worked against small teams as we still found a way to beat them by passing to Messi but against big teams, the strategy stopped working.
Im Preaching calm till we at least face a big side then we can know if our predictability is truly over. Let's face Madrid in 19 days and we see how well we've evolved (win or loose).

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 8:07am On Mar 01, 2022
jonsnow92:
Pass to Messi was a phrase coined out to capture our predictability in how we attack. Recall that it worked against small teams as we still found a way to beat them by passing to Messi but against big teams, the strategy stopped working.
Im Preaching calm till we at least face a big side then we can know if our predictability is truly over. Let's face Madrid in 19 days and we see how well we've evolved (win or loose).
You’re right but it can't be ignored that our goals are now well spread across multiple goalscorers (up to 10 different scorers in February alone)

That was the piont I was trying to make. Not that we're now as strong as any of the big boys around. We'll get there sooner than expected
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 10:41am On Mar 01, 2022
Payporte:
according to some reports we have reach an agreement to sign acMilan frank kessie on a free transfer

Cc kilishi hunter
Well if xavi says he wants kessie then my brother kessie it is, Well on the bright side we'll have a strong and tenacious DM who'll be turning over possession for us but my worry is his injury problems and how he'll be able to fit in with his passing and football intelligence like busi is what I don't know, Let's see sha
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 10:52am On Mar 01, 2022
Barcelona are confident of reaching a 4-year contract renewal agreement with Ronald Araujo. The player has offers from 2 English clubs, but his priority is to stay at Barça.

— @NicoSchira https:///dJ15cjM9Tv

Do this shit quick, No playing around, then we tend to gavi asap, Would hit the fan base hard if we lose this warrior

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 11:51am On Mar 01, 2022
Ive watched Barce's 3rd goal against Athletic over 150 times... Pedi is crazy man
Crazy.....That pass was insane.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 12:00pm On Mar 01, 2022
jpmoriarti:
4 different scorers against Napoli.

4 different scorers against Athletic Bilbao.

Shows that everyone is getting involved.

#passtomessi era effectively dead!

Flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 12:04pm On Mar 01, 2022
ThierryJay:

Pedri only needs to have more direct goal involvements and boom, another Iniesta will be truly reborn in Camp Nou.

This is the koko of the matter. This era that a midfielder is judged by G/A.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 01, 2022
ThierryJay:

I literally "died" when Pedri did this and my jaw snapped opened wide for minutes. What impudence!

It was almost a Messi-Boateng moment for me. Or maybe a Messi-Milner moment more accurately.

Had to spare his Bilbao victim some thought about how he'd look his kid in the eye later that night and respond to queries of "why did you lay that egg pop"

iniesta didn't have much direct goal involvement either
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2022
Descottes:
iniesta didn't have much direct goal involvement either

Iniesta still did that more than Pedri's present trajectory. In his earlier years, Iniesta scored and assisted more than Pedri's present rate. He also won a lot of penalties with his silky trickery.

Pedri needs to be able to do an Iniesta vs Chelsea UCL last minute or an Iniesta vs Holland WC extra time or what Iniesta did against Madrid several times for him to be truly considered among such legendary company.

He needs to avoid the path of Arthur Melo.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 1:32pm On Mar 01, 2022
Debroslink:

This is the koko of the matter. This era that a midfielder is judged by G/A.

Yes this is true. However, there have been exceptions to this in the persons of Xavi and Modric. But Pedri is like neither of those and is more like Iniesta.

I remember a time Fabregas was the top assister in top 5 league football but wasnt getting due recognition until a former Brazilian star had to tell him to add goals to his game for him to be considered among the best.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2022
ThierryJay:

Iniesta still did that more than Pedri's present trajectory. In his earlier years, Iniesta scored and assisted more than Pedri's present rate. He also won a lot of penalties with his silky trickery.

Pedri needs to be able to do an Iniesta vs Chelsea UCL last minute or an Iniesta vs Holland WC extra time or what Iniesta did against Madrid several times for him to be truly considered among such legendary company.

mate what are you saying? Iniesta when he was 19 was nowhere near pedri level. He was a bench player who came on when the oponents are tired out or when Barca are winning comfortably.

You're comparing a 19 year old pedri who still has room to improve and yet to reach his prime to iniesta who was at his peak during the world cup and ucl at 25/26 years old.

Pedri is this good and what is scary is that he will become better. Imagine how good he'll be when his 24. That's 5 years time!!
C'mon dude.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2022
Descottes:
mate what are you saying? Iniesta when he was 19 was nowhere near pedri level. He was a bench player who came on when the oponents are tired out or when Barca are winning comfortably.

You're comparing a 19 year old pedri who still has room to improve and yet to reach his prime to iniesta who was at his peak during the world cup and ucl at 25/26 years old.

Pedri is this good and what is scary is that he will become better. Imagine how good he'll be when his 24. That's 5 years time!!
C'mon dude.

You misunderstand my comment completely. I wasnt comparing Pedri and Iniesta's performances at same age at all.

What I was trying to bring out in comparison is their style of play. Pedri's style seems to be more satisfied with pulling the strings from midfield and less of direct attacking acumen. Iniesta right from time has always displayed a more direct attacking (G/A) mindset.

The key point now is that people like Xavi himself are now likening Pedri to Iniesta. And my point is that for Pedri to truly become Iniesta, he needs to develop more in his direct goal contribution, else he'll be denied due recognition for his unbelievable talents (top 3 Ballon D'or level) . And he has several years ahead of him to develop that part which I dont dispute.

Hope this is clearer.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 2:54pm On Mar 01, 2022
ThierryJay:

You misunderstand my comment completely. I wasnt comparing Pedri and Iniesta's performances at same age at all.

What I was trying to bring out in comparison is their style of play. Pedri's style seems to be more satisfied with pulling the strings from midfield and less of direct attacking acumen. Iniesta right from time has always displayed a more direct attacking (G/A) mindset.

The key point now is that people like Xavi himself are now likening Pedri to Iniesta. And my point is that for Pedri to truly become Iniesta, he needs to develop more in his direct goal contribution, else he'll be denied due recognition for his unbelievable talents (top 3 Ballon D'or level) . And he has several years ahead of him to develop that part which I dont dispute.

Hope this is clearer.
Pedri is going to be another Pedri
Not Iniesta, Not Xavi but Pedri.
He doesn't need to add this or that to his game, especially goals, if goals come, we take it, if it doesn't we enjoy him like that.
Xavi and Iniesta weren't nominated for goals contributions, it can be a plus however if a midfielder scores goals or gives assists but not when you are tasked with controlling the game and dictating the tempo and that appears to be Pedri's strength.
That guy is a beast and by the time he clocks 21, the world will see a player that is different and thereafter applaud.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 3:03pm On Mar 01, 2022
jonsnow92:
He doesn't need to add this or that to his game, especially goals, if goals come, we take it, if it doesn't we enjoy him like that.
Xavi and Iniesta weren't nominated for goals contributions, it can be a plus however if a midfielder scores goals or gives assists but not when you are tasked with controlling the game and dictating the tempo and that appears to be Pedri's strength.
That guy is a beast and by the time he clocks 21, the world will see a player that is different and thereafter applaud.

There is iniesta similarities in pedri,but I have to agree that pedri is pedri
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 3:10pm On Mar 01, 2022
ThierryJay:

You are wrong with the last part

Has Arthur melo ever given you pedri Barcelona performance that you are saying he needs to avoid the Arthur melo way ,aka the audio xavi
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 01, 2022
ThierryJay:

Hope this is clearer.
mate we don't need pedri to be more attacking in play. We have gavi for that.

Iniesta was very involved in attack because he played with xavi who was more reserved; pulled the strings in midfield, and busquets who was/is a static DM.

In other words, pedri is very similar to iniesta in style and elegance of play but his work on the field for us is like that of xavi's–pulling the strings.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 5:08pm On Mar 01, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You are wrong with the last part

Has Arthur melo ever given you pedri Barcelona performance that you are saying he needs to avoid the Arthur melo way ,aka the audio xavi

No. But Arthur Melo started out with a really big buzz as Xavi reincarnate which soon faded into frustration with each sideway pass favoured over an opportunity to penetrate.

Point is we all thought we had Xavi on our hands again until it all meloed down into mediocrity. Just my thought that if Pedri had more direct goal involvement, that risk would be non existent.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2022
Descottes:
mate we don't need pedri to be more attacking in play. We have gavi for that.

Iniesta was very involved in attack because he played with xavi who was more reserved; pulled the strings in midfield, and busquets who was/is a static DM.

In other words, pedri is very similar to iniesta in style and elegance of play but his work on the field for us is like that of xavi's–pulling the strings.

Good point. But personally, I want Pedri to have more direct attack input since he plays as an attacking midfielder just because when things get to the business end, such contributions would even be more valuable.

Pedri's talent is Balon dor worthy but he can only get Balon D'or recognition if he add goals and assists to his game. I'm a realist. His assessment now is dependent on how well the team performs in terms of goals, and if Pedri plays very well while Barca isnt scoring well, it detracts from his public rating.

I just wouldnt want a situation where a less talented Vinicius is getting individual awards over Pedri for obvious reasons.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2022
jonsnow92:

Exactly my point at the emboldened. The difference expected is increased direct contribution to goal.

Based on your comment, it would seem Pedri is more closer to a Xavi than Iniesta. But it is the same Xavi that has fuelled the Iniesta comparisons with Pedri. He's basically a hybrid of the two, a Pedri grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FergieRaww(m): 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2022
ThierryJay:

I just wouldnt want a situation where a less talented Vinicius is getting individual awards over Pedri for obvious reasons.

Ahh some barka fans ehnn lol... if i say you're delusional now it'll sound like an insult nawaoo cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 6:49pm On Mar 01, 2022
ThierryJay:

No. But Arthur Melo started out with a really big buzz as Xavi reincarnate which soon faded into frustration with each sideway pass favoured over an opportunity to penetrate.

Point is we all thought we had Xavi on our hands again until it all meloed down into mediocrity. Just my thought that if Pedri had more direct goal involvement, that risk would be non existent.
Pedri is just 19. Don't forget that. With time, his overall maturity will continue to grow. You can already see his eye for the final pass. The genuine talent is there. Xavi will help him develop it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5128) (5129) (5130) (5131) (5132) (5133) (5134) ... (6253) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.