Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,691 members, 7,972,567 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 01:03 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2525) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3762397 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2522) (2523) (2524) (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) ... (2930) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 10:45am On Jan 21, 2023
🎥 The Apology (2022) = 4/10

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 11:11am On Jan 21, 2023
🎥 The Pale Blue Eye (2022) = 6.7/10 ✔️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Barrywhyte1(m): 2:58pm On Jan 21, 2023
abduleez1:
Totally deserved in my books....

Best series of last year for me.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 4:12pm On Jan 21, 2023
The Dragon Prince.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by seanwilliam(m): 5:24pm On Jan 21, 2023
Greatest series of all time is breaking bad . Go and see it!

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MJBOLT: 5:49pm On Jan 21, 2023
Andor 👍
Very solid show, made me rewatch the Star Wars franchise.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 6:15pm On Jan 21, 2023
seanwilliam:

Some people go tell you say e dey boring.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by seanwilliam(m): 6:17pm On Jan 21, 2023
WriterNig:
🎥 The Apology (2022) = 4/10

no be skyler white be that? grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by seanwilliam(m): 6:19pm On Jan 21, 2023
Crumbian:

Maybe those people only watched just the season 1 and 2.

I don’t think any tv series will ever come close to breaking bad. Not anytime soon.
I give it 100/10
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 6:29pm On Jan 21, 2023
seanwilliam:

I don’t think any tv series will ever come close to breaking bad. Not anytime soon.
I give it 100/10

Recommended it to one guy in my area. The guy watched just four episodes of Season 1, declared the series boring, then delete the entire season 1 to 5.

Till now, nothing the guy fit tell me about TV series/movies wey I go take am serious.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 6:29pm On Jan 21, 2023
seanwilliam:
no be skyler white be that? grin

Yessur
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2023
Crumbian:

Recommended it to one guy in my area. The guy watched just four episodes of Season 1, declared the series boring, then delete the entire season 1 to 5.

Till now, nothing the guy fit tell me about TV series/movies wey I go take am serious.
it's a slow burn that's why

The biggest sell in the show is it's character development

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:52pm On Jan 21, 2023
Crumbian:

it's definitely one of the best written shows of all time...

But I wouldn't place it anywhere near the most enjoyable shows. You need to understand that some people value enjoyment the most.

No matter how well written your show is, if it's not that enjoyable to watch, then people will call it boring

For example, Breaking Bad is better than Vikings but Vikings is far more enjoyable to watch ....
In fact I'd rather rewatch Vikings 2 more times than rewatch Breaking Bad...

There are tons of shows Breaking Bad is better than but they offer better enjoyment on rewatch... because afterall people watch media for enjoyment

Just like Severance...as good as season 1 was, I'll never rewatch it...I'd rather read a summary before season 2 to remember much of the plot and characters

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:54pm On Jan 21, 2023
Who don watch this new series... Make him give us update how d package be.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:00pm On Jan 21, 2023
abduleez1:
Who don watch this new series... Make him give us update how d package be.
horror
It looks good but I hate horror...

But the ratings aren't that high too
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:00pm On Jan 21, 2023
His Dark Materials S3..... 7/10

Decent finale to this epic fantasy journey. I dunno, while this season was more interesting than the previous seasons, I'd say S2 was the best written, acting and all round entertainment level than the rest.

One rare TV show ice finally finished.
Up next, seeing how I'll handle Homeland, Star girl...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 7:02pm On Jan 21, 2023
Baddestguyp:

But I wouldn't place it anywhere near the most enjoyable shows. You need to understand that some people value enjoyment the most.

No matter how well written your show is, if it's not that enjoyable to watch, then people will call it boring

For example, Breaking Bad is better than Vikings but Vikings is far more enjoyable to watch ....

There are tons of shows Breaking Bad is better than but they offer better enjoyment on rewatch... because afterall people watch media for enjoyment

Just like Severance...as good as season 1 was, I'll never rewatch it...I'd rather read a summary before season 2 to remember much of the plot and characters
In what context is "Vikings" more enjoyable than "BB" because in general logic, Enjoyment is subjective. Some people detest Vikings whilst the same people liked and adored the slow burn and eventual unraveling of "BB". I for one totally "enjoyed" "BB" and i am totally game for a rewatch any day any time.

And their's a fallacy you push that seems of the mark, which is a show or movie that is "well written" might still not be "enjoyable"...i think this is a gross oxymoron.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by a4turitoroman: 7:03pm On Jan 21, 2023
seanwilliam:

I give it 100/10
Disagree,
Jack bauer 24hours beat it hands down

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 7:04pm On Jan 21, 2023
abduleez1:
His Dark Materials S3..... 7/10

Decent finale to this epic fantasy journey. I dunno, while this season was more interesting than the previous seasons, I'd say S2 was the best written, acting and all round entertainment level than the rest.

One rare TV show ice finally finished.
Up next, seeing how I'll handle Homeland, Star girl...
The time gap between S2 and S3 was so much that the kids are now looking like teenagers....I have kept it in the cooler for a later time jare.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:15pm On Jan 21, 2023
oyaskii:
In what context is "Vikings" more enjoyable than "BB" because in general logic, Enjoyment is subjective. Some people detest Vikings whilst the same people liked and adored the slow burn and eventual unraveling of "BB". I for one totally "enjoyed" "BB" and i am totally game for a rewatch any day any time.

And their's a fallacy you push that seems of the mark, which is a show or movie that is "well written" might still not be "enjoyable"...i think this is a gross oxymoron.
Most people will acknowledge that Breaking Bad is one of the best written shows of all time...

But I bet you many won't call it their favorite show. Like you said, enjoyment is mostly subjective however you should also know that some genre or elements tend to give most people the most enjoyment

Example: action movies/ shows are generally more fun to watch than Detective movies...

Look at the box office, there is a reason superhero movies dominate

If you were going to the cinema for a movie, which would you choose? Superhero or historical drama?
Same as series...the average person watches a show for fun

Example of enjoyment factor:
Far more people have watched Game of Thrones over Breaking Bad because GOT is just far far more enjoyable and a far easier sell than Breaking Bad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:24pm On Jan 21, 2023
a4turitoroman:

Disagree,
Jack bauer 24hours beat it hands down
in what areas...
You would need to specify
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:34pm On Jan 21, 2023
seanwilliam:
this is a very vague statement

why is it the greatest of all time?
You should be able to defend your statement at least
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 7:46pm On Jan 21, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Most people will acknowledge that Breaking Bad is one of the best written shows of all time...

But I bet you many won't call it their favorite show. Like you said, enjoyment is mostly subjective however you should also know that some genre or elements tend to give most people the most enjoyment

Example: action movies/ shows are generally more fun to watch than Detective movies...

Look at the box office, there is a reason superhero movies dominate

If you were going to the cinema for a movie, which would you choose? Superhero or historical drama?
Same as series...the average person watches a show for fun

Example of enjoyment factor:
Far more people have watched Game of Thrones over Breaking Bad because GOT is just far far more enjoyable and a far easier sell than Breaking Bad
If you agree Enjoyment is subjective that settles it.

On the major contrary, Breaking Bad is in most people's all time best show!. I don't know how you watched it, but i actually followed it whilst it was airing and each day of a new episode was like a carnival!. The day Hank discovered Walter White was a drug dealer "broke the internet" and the finale day had the whole world on a chokehold, even Barrack Obama was live tweeting about it!. It entered the 2013 Guinness book of world records as the most "critically acclaimed show" of all time. GOT had more pop culture effect because it began at the beginning of the craze of the era of social media whilst BB was already at it's twilight when social media became a thing, but brahhh "Breaking Bad" was that show!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chikaazuonwu(m): 7:56pm On Jan 21, 2023
Guys follow this page on Facebook if your single. Something huge is coming for you guys.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100086788028870&mibextid=ZbWKwL

You can also follow the Instagram page using the link below;
https://instagram.com/loveolagosofficial?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:56pm On Jan 21, 2023
oyaskii:
If you agree Enjoyment is subjective that settles it.

On the major contrary, Breaking Bad is in most people's all time best show!. I don't know how you watched it, but i actually followed it whilst it was airing and each day of a new episode was like a carnival!. The day Hank discovered Walter White was a drug dealer "broke the internet" and the finale day had the whole world on a chokehold, even Barrack Obama was live tweeting about it!. It entered the 2013 Guinness book of world records as the most "critically acclaimed show" of all time. GOT had more pop culture effect because it began at the beginning of the craze of the era of social media whilst BB was already at it's twilight when social media became a thing, but brahhh "Breaking Bad" was [b]that show![/b]
Very contradictory statements in bold

you say all this yet the average non-american hasn't seen the show...

But guess what? Most people around you have seen GOT and a ton of other shows...even your parents have most likely seen it

Breaking Bad is popular indeed but I can assure you that a ton of people have never seen it...they've just heard of it

The broke the internet you're talking about, where did that happen? I never knew when the finale aired, no one I know or have met knew when the finale aired...

Even online, I will bet it didn't enter top 5 worldwide trend on twitter when the finale aired...
Meanwhile even shows like Squid Game broke the internet and everyone knew

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 7:59pm On Jan 21, 2023
Baddestguyp:

But guess what? Most people around you have seen GOT and a ton of other shows...even your parents have most likely seen it

Breaking Bad is popular indeed but I can assure you that a ton of people have never seen it...they've just heard of it

The broke the internet you're talking about, where did that happen? I never knew when the finale aired, no one I know or have met knew when the finale aired...

Even online, I will bet it didn't enter top 5 worldwide trend on twitter when the finale aired...

Perhaps you weren't using the internet then...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:00pm On Jan 21, 2023
pu7pl3:

Perhaps you weren't using the internet then...
Breaking Bad did not break the internet sir

I'm willing to bet it never made top 5 worldwide trend on twitter

Breaking Bad is popular in name but a ton of people have never seen it

24 is probably more popular than Breaking Bad sef not to talk of GOT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 8:01pm On Jan 21, 2023
Baddestguyp:

I understand your point. I know some people that if there isn't plenty fight scenes, shooting and explosions in a movie it's rubbish to them.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:04pm On Jan 21, 2023
Crumbian:

I understand your point. I know some people that if there isn't plenty fight scenes, shooting and explosions in a movie it's rubbish to them.
yep, a movie has to be entertaining first

Some genre are generally more popular than others as a result

Avatar movies get bashed regularly on the internet but yet it keeps making billions...
Marvel movies keep getting bashed on the internet yet they're still breaking box office records...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FergieRaww(m): 8:09pm On Jan 21, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Breaking Bad did not break the internet sir

I'm willing to bet it never made top 5 worldwide trend on twitter

Breaking Bad is popular in name but a ton of people have never seen it

24 is probably more popular than Breaking Bad sef not to talk of GOT

If this isn't breaking the internet (in year 2013), i don't know what will ?! 🤷🏽‍♂️😕

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2023
FergieRaww:

If this isn't breaking the internet (in year 2013), i don't know what will ?! 🤷🏽‍♂️😕
show me top 5 in worldwide trend

Most of these tweets were American...

Show me top 5 in worldwide trend

Even average shows nowadays are making top 5 easily

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 8:13pm On Jan 21, 2023
Baddestguyp:

Very contradictory statements in bold

Smh...The average non-american hasn't seen breaking bad? I actually have a migraine trying to process that fallacy. Tons of people hasn't seen it and yet it's one of the most critically acclaimed show of all time?

And yes, the finale did break the internet, and saying this with all politeness, don't cook stats from thin air, actually do some research and live outside your bubble and touch grass once in a while.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (2522) (2523) (2524) (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) ... (2930) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: seunot, bugatti453(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.