Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,737 members, 7,875,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:12 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3608655 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (2855) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kingsilly(m): 11:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
Netflix is gonna be so much fun this year

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OdoksElsami(m): 1:12am On Feb 27, 2016
flash
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:20am On Feb 27, 2016
kingsilly:
Netflix is gonna be so much fun this year

You can say that again!

-House Of Cards
-Marseilles (New Original Series)
-The Ranch (New Original Series)
-Flaked (New)
-Stranger Things (New)
-Daredevil
-Bloodline
-Jessica Jones
-Luke Cage (New)
-Black Mirror (Continuation Of The British Original)
-Sense8
-OITNB
-The Get Down (New)
-Fuller House (New... Debuted yesterday)
-Grace And Frankie
-Marco Polo
-Love (New... Debuted on 19 February)
-Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
-Narcos

Bit of a bad start with lackluster debut of Love and Fuller House, but, I'm expecting far greater things of The Ranch, Black Mirror and Marseilles.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 27, 2016
Now on Shameless (US).

- Frank Gallagher is possibly the worst Dad on the planet. The man doesn't have a moral bone in his body. So shameless he's not above weaseling away 50 bucks from his juvie son, Carl, any chance he gets. Then he encouraged his juvie (teen) daughter, Debbie, to sleep with her employers to secure her future. What father does that?!
-Fiona is such a slut. Ghosting her hubby, then hopping over to her boss. Imagine getting pregnant and not knowing whom the impregnater was. Fiona Gallagher has a problem, and it's called sex addiction, period.
- Debbie Gallagher is easily the stupidest of the bunch. She's so in a hurry to grow up that she cooked up this half-baked idea that having a baby at 16 would automatically make her an adult. She doesn't know what she's in for. I don't blame her dubious choices though, after all, her big sis is a pretty lousy role model.
- And what's up with Carl of late? Does he think that talking, dressing, and acting like a gangster makes him black? Niggah please.
- Phillip aka Lip... don't even know what to say about him, except that he got what he deserved. One can't simply eat ones eat and have it at the same time. Hell hath no fury than a woman scorned. His ex served him quite the desert, lolz.
- Ian Gallagher: Another slut in the dysfunctional Gallagher clan. From jerking off a total stranger in a parking lot to bumping uglies with another one in a club restroom, now Ian has a new love interest in his sights. Let's see how it goes.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by J0nyb0y(m): 11:50am On Feb 27, 2016
koice:

Oh! That one. Not a lot of people know about that show, and it's pretty good too.
Jericho
yeah.. watched the trailer and fell in love with it immediately
thanks man

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
Now on Jinx

Quite a thrilling ride. Jinx is a docuseries, a precise, detailed forensic analysis of the life of Robert Durst, a heir to a multi-million dollar Manhattan property. But quite unlike Making A Murderer where Avery was made to look like a saint, the people behind the docuseries left little to the imagination. Suffice to say, R.D was crucified and subsequently arrested for the murder of a daughter of a mobster 15 years ago, prior to the airing of the last episode of The Jinx.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2016
Vikings: Season-4..episode-2
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dreaizy(m): 5:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
yes ohh
mkmyers45:

Sense8 is one the top 5 serials of 2015
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by dreaizy(m): 5:52pm On Feb 27, 2016
yes ohh
mkmyers45:

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
Vikings 4

Black sails!!!!!
The politics in this series tho!!!
Only the strong survive, only the wise excel!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tunnex190: 7:58pm On Feb 27, 2016
koice:
Now on Shameless (US).

- Frank Gallagher is possibly the worst Dad on the planet. The man doesn't have a moral bone in his body. So shameless he's not above weaseling away 50 bucks from his juvie son, Carl, any chance he gets. Then he encouraged his juvie (teen) daughter, Debbie, to sleep with her employers to secure her future. What father does that?!
-Fiona is such a slut. Ghosting her hubby, then hopping over to her boss. Imagine getting pregnant and not knowing whom the impregnater was. Fiona Gallagher has a problem, and it's called sex addiction, period.
- Debbie Gallagher is easily the stupidest of the bunch. She's so in a hurry to grow up that she cooked up this half-baked idea that having a baby at 16 would automatically make her an adult. She doesn't know what she's in for. I don't blame her dubious choices though, after all, her big sis is a pretty lousy role model.
- And what's up with Carl of late? Does he think that talking, dressing, and acting like a gangster makes him black? Niggah please.
- Phillip aka Lip... don't even know what to say about him, except that he got what he deserved. One can't simply eat ones eat and have it at the same time. Hell hath no fury than a woman scorned. His ex served him quite the desert, lolz.
- Ian Gallagher: Another slut in the dysfunctional Gallagher clan. From jerking off a total stranger in a parking lot to bumping uglies with another one in a club restroom, now Ian has a new love interest in his sights. Let's see how it goes.

.....and the reason it is called Shameless
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
bykebyke:

Jesus Freaking Christ...no need to download it again...see spoiler. angry angry

If you were to sit for an English test and you somehow managed to catch a glimpse of the question papers 2 days to the exam, would you consider it a spoiler or a heads up?.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2016
darkenedrebel:

If you were to sit for an English test and you somehow managed to catch a glimpse of the question papers 2 days to the exam, would you consider it a spoiler or a heads up?.
That's different na..I'm putting off watching this week's episode because the season finale is next week,lemme kukuma know how everything would turn out next week. grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 27, 2016
bykebyke:

That's different na..I'm putting off watching this week's episode because the season finale is next week,lemme kukuma know how everything would turn out next week. grin

I don't get why there's a descent in the demeanor of most movie/series lovers whenever they stumble upon a spoiler. It's among the tools for plot development.
•Suspense
•Foreshadowing/Prefiguration(Spoiler) and
•Digression.

Once you get a prognostication of what to expect, the next barrage of questions forming in your mental sky would be 'How & when would it happen?' which further heightens the tension.

Nobody knows when he/she would die and that alone leaves us in suspense. But if an oracle says you'd die this week - he has already given you a spoiler, but you'd be more tensed than when you were clueless because you aren't privy to the exact date in the week that you'd breathe your last...you get my point?

-Will there still be another season for Suits? This season was full of anticlimaxes & not as brilliant. The next season should be like or almost close to Season 1 or 2- which were the magnum opuses of the entire series.

I'm still waiting for Louis Litt to say- Damn! Daniel, back at it again with the white Vans grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
darkenedrebel:

I don't get why there's a descent in the demeanor of most movie/series lovers whenever they stumble upon a spoiler. It's among the tools for plot development.
•Suspense
•Digression.

Once you get a prognostication of what to expect, the next barrage of questions forming in your mental sky would be 'How & when would it happen?' which further heightens the tension.

Nobody knows when he/she would die and that alone leaves us in suspense. But if an oracle says you'd die this week - he has already given you a spoiler, but you'd be more tensed than when you were clueless because you don't what exact date in the week you'd breathe your last...you get my point?

-Will there still be another season for Suits? This season was full of anticlimaxes & not as brilliant. The next season should be like or almost close to Season 1 or 2, which were the magnum opuses of the entire series.

I'm still waiting for Louis Litt to say- Damn! Daniel, back at it again with the white Vans grin
Bruv..The only thing I will be feeling whenever i watch episode 15 is disappointment and anger towards Mike..You took away from me that shock you got when he took the deal the moment I saw your mention....In saner climes,that would get you a death sentence. grin

But it's all good though..after all,which deal is he going to take?(Yes I saw another spoilergrin angry )

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Emmyk(m): 11:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
Started with Mr Robot tonight....Episode 1... Intriguing...
I have a feeling it won't make it pass the first series...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 27, 2016
Emmyk:
Started with Mr Robot tonight....Episode 1... Intriguing...
I have a feeling it won't make it pass the first series...
A series that was Renewed for Season 2 before Season 1 Episode 1 aired?? grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Emmyk(m): 11:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
bykebyke:

A series that was Renewed for Season 2 before Season 1 Episode 1 aired?? grin grin
Okay. You got me there cheesy
No season 3 then or 4. grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 27, 2016
J0nyb0y:

Damn, that series is as boring as hell... couldnt even watch the pilot episode finish, started dozing.

hahahaha.. No b small thing

Apparently it's good, according to folks on here. So, might just give it a try
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 27, 2016
bykebyke:
Yes.
aiit.. Will give it a go
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
dreaizy:
dude sense 8 is awesome, its just demanding psychologically

hmm.. Oya nau. Make i dey watch
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 28, 2016
mkmyers45:

series looks so weird. But i'll give it a try
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ultimatesammie(m): 12:13am On Feb 28, 2016
darkenedrebel:

•Suspense
•Digression.

Nobody knows when he/she would die and that alone leaves us in suspense. But if an oracle says you'd die this week - he has already given you a spoiler, but you'd be more tensed than when you were clueless because you aren't privy to the exact date in the week that you'd breathe your last...you get my point?

-Will there still be another season for Suits? This season was full of anticlimaxes & not as brilliant. The next season should be like or almost close to Season 1 or 2- which were the magnum opuses of the entire series.

Thank you, I never understand why.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 28, 2016
Now on Quick Draw

Funny, but gets really boring at times - most of the dialogue is improv, so, it's understandable. Anywho, it's an original comedy western from the stables of "Hulu"... yep, you heard right. Hulu has finally stepped into the world of original series, like Netflix before her, however, the later remains the pacesetter by a stretch.

Hulu's 11.22.63 next on the schedule.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ifyalways(f): 8:25am On Feb 28, 2016
The Good wife 1
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ifyalways(f): 8:29am On Feb 28, 2016
Wait a mo, Fiona married, Debbie got preggie etc etc shocked shocked shocked

I'm so going back to finish shameless. I stopped at season 3.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by mkmyers45(m): 10:47am On Feb 28, 2016
koice:
Now on Shameless (US).

You really cant put too much blame on Fiona na.....She's been an adult all her life she's just getting to rebel and subconsciously she has rejected monogamy and she just has to develop a coping addiction

I really feel bad for Lip but the guy na mumu. Does he want the woman to leave her husband and tenure so they can run away into the sunset?

Debby and Ian are lost causes
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 10:54am On Feb 28, 2016
there is difference between taste and understanding

taking BILLIONS as a case study- if you dont know anything about Forex trading you will find it difficult to understand..
this is the reason why i am not a fan of grey anatomy
(or what is it call sef)

taking scorpion- if you are not an engineering guy like me, you will find it very hard to understand happy engineering language, sylvester
maths analysis and walter programming language... cool
so because you dont understand a series does not make it useless ..i dont say grey anatomy is useless but its useless to me grin

my taste

tech
fantasy
crime

jesus i hate horror
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
mkmyers45:

You really cant put too much blame on Fiona na.....She's been an adult all her life she's just getting to rebel and subconsciously she has rejected monogamy and she just has to develop a coping addiction
Yeah, she's been an adult all her life, but she's got to start acting like one. The thing is, she's too impulsive, and such trait unchecked can lead to self-sabotage one time too many. For example, she got a good thing going with a great guy last 2 seasons ago, then she screwed it up with the dude's no good sibling. I think it's high time she put the brakes on her slutty habits, else, she might end up hurting herself or her loved ones irreparably in the future.

mkmyers45:
I really feel bad for Lip but the guy na mumu. Does he want the woman to leave her husband and tenure so they can run away into the sunset?
Lip may be book smart but he's kind of a m0ron in the ways of the world. It's like he doesn't know how the world works or something. I mean, he had this thing going with a talented rich Gal, a fellow student, and benefiting from her immensely - both sexually and financially. At one time, even the girl's dad was starting to warm up to him. A dream come true for someone from a poor background, right? But he screwed that up with an older woman, and now he's got noone (excluding his family).

mkmyers45:
Debby and Ian are lost causes
Well, Ian may still get his act together, all he needs is a good mentor. He's very impressionable, you know?

As for Debbie, she can still get her sh*t together by putting the child up for adoption if/when she comes to her senses. I hope for the sake of her unborn child she does (come to her senses).

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 28, 2016
Singapore1:
there is difference between taste and understanding

taking BILLIONS as a case study- if you dont know anything about Forex trading you will find it difficult to understand..
this is the reason why i am not a fan of grey anatomy
(or what is it call sef)

taking scorpion- if you are not an engineering guy like me, you will find it very hard to understand happy engineering language, sylvester
maths analysis and walter programming language... cool
so because you dont understand a series does not make it useless ..i dont say grey anatomy is useless but its useless to me grin

my taste

tech
fantasy
crime

jesus i hate horror

I like Billions for the fact that it's uncensored, entertaining, and a premium cable drama. All other things don't matter. You learn as you watch, that's the point of the whole thing.

I loved Grey's anatomy once because of the drama, even though, I knew nothing about medicine, but I learnt a lot then, watching it every week.

Even though I'm a computer science graduate, going for my masters, I wasn't enthralled by Scorpion at all. You know why? 'Course there are many technical inaccuracies in the script. I understood the plotlines, but, couldn't get past all the BS.

My point, Taste and comprehension as applicable to multimedia are inextricable - they work together.

- You can like a movie or a show without comprehending the whole plot simply because it's action packed - that's taste.
- You can hate a show that you fully comprehend, cuz, you find it boring - that's taste.
- You can like a show cuz it's fully comprehensible to you - that's taste.
- You can hate a show cuz the premise doesn't make any sense to you - taste.

Bottom line: Everything boils down to taste, which is one helluva subjective asshole.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 1:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
koice:

I like Billions for the fact that it's uncensored, entertaining, and a premium cable drama. All other things don't matter. You learn as you watch, that's the point of the whole thing.

I loved Grey's anatomy once because of the drama, even though, I knew nothing about medicine, but I learnt a lot then, watching it every week.

Even though, I'm a computer science graduate, going for my masters, I wasn't enthralled by Scorpion at all. You know why? 'Course there are many technical inaccuracies in the script. I understood the plotlines, but, couldn't get past all the BS.

My point, Taste and comprehension as applicable to multimedia are inextricable - they work together. For example,

- You can like a movie or a show without comprehending the whole plot simply because it's action packed - that's taste.
- You can hate a show that you fully comprehend, cuz, you find it boring - that's taste.
- You can like a show cuz it's fully comprehensible to you - that's taste.
- You can hate a show cuz the premise doesn't make any sense to you - taste.

Bottom line: Everything boils down to taste, which is one helluva subjective asshole.
that is my point
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
Singapore1:
that is my point

How?? That's purely taste based, bro. It's because of taste that I kept powering on though I didn't fully comprehend the technicalities.

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (2855) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: a4turitoroman and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.