Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,386 members, 7,881,400 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:41 PM

Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture - Investment (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture (28887 Views)

How Much Did You Make In Digital Currencies In 2021, See Mine (binance, Etc) / Investing In Digital Currencies. Learn And Earn From The Best Options In 2022. / What Did You Acquire In The Previous Bull Run (digital Currencies) See Mine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 12:01pm On Sep 11, 2021
Hamzashaf99:

Doing well so far. Waited for a good entry and it has a highly anticipated event coming up end of this month.

I don't want to fall for buy the rumor, sell the news, so I want to set a stop limit a few days to this. However I'm not sure this is right. What do you suggest please?

End of month is still far... What ebent is that....

I'm now shifting my attention to coyns that have broke ATH.... It's much easier for them to rally

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2021
BizBloke:
Jedisco,
How far? Hope you've sorted out the loan ish - or still watching the market to see? Got banned by the antispam bot when I replied lol.

I took mine to fund a domain name purchase that Godaddy estimated to be worth about $11k. But before I could pay for it, the price had increased by 600% so it didn't make any sense for me to buy with my personal cash; decided to use future profits from creeeptoooeee...and it paid off.

Not yet.... Still waiting for confirmation... which seems to be in play....

If bitc0in successfully retest the weekly support and bounces off it over the next few weeks to make a new ATH, then I'm game....

I'm narrowed down to a few options now..

One is thru defi- on the aave/matic protocol... Noticed I could even borrow usdt and even get upto 5% interest for borrowing.... Sounds wierd... Defi is something else....

Another could be via bitfinex.... Their rate is reasonable... Don't have an account with them yet

2 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 6:19pm On Sep 11, 2021
Thruout Jan to April, an ltc pump seemed to be the marker for a selloff....

This time around, the first selloff happened after an LTC pump... Will be something to keep in mind going forward....

Though I don't like trading ltc as it's one of the weaker coyns, it tends to respect structure against betece... Holding 1 or 2 to keep tabs on the market should suffice

Currently against betece, the weekly isn't looking bad... A close above support would be bullish

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Hamzashaf99(f): 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2021
jedisco:

End of month is still far... What ebent is that....

I'm now shifting my attention to coyns that have broke ATH.... It's much easier for them to rally
It's a mainnet upgrade, even though I don't understand whatever that means. I just know it's highly anticipated and the price has not dumped despite the delay.
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 11:10pm On Sep 11, 2021
Hamzashaf99:

It's a mainnet upgrade, even though I don't understand whatever that means. I just know it's highly anticipated and the price has not dumped despite the delay.

It looks like it still has legs
I'm looking to ease some of my bnb into it between 0.85- 0.9 which is a significant level on the daily and weekly

Also looking at similar setups among breakout coyns and ada

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 7:10pm On Sep 13, 2021
In times like this when the market is uncertain, I just focus more on increasing my Betece value.....either via breakout coyns or majors.... When the market becomes clear, we know what's left

2 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2021
Sometimes... It's good to place sell or buy orders based on HTF levels especially on majors and let them be... Cos mostimes with alerts one gets emotional when targets are hit and not action them

Signed in this afternoon to see my sell orders for ltc into betece at 0.495 were hit nicely just before the dump.... With that, I've sold 75% of my ltc into betece... The remaining 25% will be used to keep tabs on the market.... Anytime it pumps, I know a market correction is around the corner....

In all, I got 35% more betece from trading ltc within a month... Not bad for a useless coyn like ltc.... Wouldn't trade it for a while

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2021
I've not really benefitted as well from current breakout coyns...

Asides sol which gave 2.5-3x, I've been an onlooker for most... Usually, breakout coyns are easy to play and give good profits....

One coyn I'm now on is one... Already given me a 2x.... But then, it's broke ATH and is retracing....

I made a tiny purchase at 0.18... but then, most of my buys are laddered between 0.15 and 0.16.... if those bids are filled, I'd let ut be for a while

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
Out of trade for a while....

Things happening in Nigeria makes me believe that unfortunately, countries who don't manage their economy well will drive the next adoption of crypt0 whether they like it or not....

Take for instance the recent debacle with domiciliary accounts which the CBN might soon target...
For those looking to hedge inflation, the process of opening one in Nigeria is quite cumbersome....then you have to source usd yourself and pay in. The usd there earns little or no interest... instead, you have to pay maintenance fees... The downside is that the usd there can be seized when the govt chooses

With crypt0, one can buy nd sell usd equivalent stable coyns at the click of a finger... Better still, you can stake it at rates of upto 12% pa. With some offerings, term is 3 monthly or less which gives good flexibility. 12% pa is well above what Nigerian TBs and bonds offer... If you're worried about security, you can put it in a hardware wallet and keep which is equivalent to carrying your funds on you. Only that it's in a secure usb stick... Which thief will steal a usb stick..There's a reason why when folks understand crypt0, they hardly go back.
Downside is for those lacking the tech knowhow and potential risk of leaving funds on an exchange....

Like I said, I've not seen anyone whose target in crypt0 was 10% pa like in traditional markets and had stress trading it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Almajirihunter(m): 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hello Jedisco, good day. Can you shed more light on crypto staking
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 6:24am On Sep 16, 2021
Almajirihunter:
Hello Jedisco, good day. Can you shed more light on crypto staking

Staking can either be done on centralised exchanges such as binaz e.t.c where they lock your asets for the agrred period and pay you profits... Also, there are flexible options where rates are not locked but they pay lower....

Also, there are stake pools e.t.c

Another means is via defi (decentralised finance) which is an interesting aspect of crypt0. Here, there's not much of a centralised exchange... Here, lending and borrowing rates are sensible as funds pulled tof6are borrowed out and interest paid back... Everything is done on the basis of a software algorithm called smart contract...

Most info is available online......

For defi, this can be a nice video to start with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0FiTC_Pl3w

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 6:30am On Sep 16, 2021
On the last selloff, I looked to reposition some of my trades....

I discussed here why I had a good atash of bnb- cos it was holding structure against betece and eith....

My focus was in looking fr coyns that'd outperform it.

Cake and bake usually follow bnb.... Cake has been a stronger and more structured pair...

I ctcled some of my bnb into cake at after last weeks close at 0.049 (arrowed). Good response so far

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 6:34am On Sep 16, 2021
Also cycled some bnb into ada...

Ada betece is retesting previous breakout....

Ada bnb has lost the daily support but doesn't look bad either... Always like having some ada

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 6:38am On Sep 16, 2021
Going ahead... Pairs I'm looking at...

Bnb/one.... (Daily and weekly)
Remember one has broken its previous ATH and is now consolidating.... Good chance it does move in the coming weeks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 6:41am On Sep 16, 2021
Another is luna/bnb.. . Daily and weekly pictured...

These are breakout coyns and if they rally, tgey should rally good..

Ftt/bnb doesn't look bad for those willing to chk it out

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 6:45am On Sep 16, 2021
Ksm/betece is another one I have my eye on.... But I'd wait for the daily close on this.... Target would be 120 sats

BTW, I'm looking to take half of my betece into fiat at 50-51k....

If ksm hasn't moved by then, I might cycle some into it

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 7:08am On Sep 16, 2021
From a HTF POV, those who enjoy a doge are those who accumulate at the lows and wait patiently for the pump to come....

IMO, if betece is to go on another rally, between 0.2 and 0.25 is a good spot to accumulate doge...
I'd be waiting for the weekly close in betece to see how it holds up

I'm not expecting similar x5 rallies like the last time given it's large market cap... But then, never bet against a raging bull

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by odysey: 8:13am On Sep 16, 2021
Frezhkid10:
How do I purchase Bitcoin using funds on my skrill account
hope you have been answered, how did you buy your Skrill?
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Ekehwinz: 9:56am On Sep 16, 2021
jedisco:
Ksm/betece is another one I have my eye on.... But I'd wait for the daily close on this.... Target would be 120 sats

BTW, I'm looking to take half of my betece into fiat at 50-51k....

If ksm hasn't moved by then, I might cycle some into it

Please what are you seeing in SOL? Is it safe to enter or hold on for a while??
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Frezhkid10(m): 1:03pm On Sep 16, 2021
odysey:
hope you have been answered, how did you buy your Skrill?
..From my bank account..
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Almajirihunter(m): 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2021
jedisco:

Staking can either be done on centralised exchanges such as binaz e.t.c where they lock your asets for the agrred period and pay you profits... Also, there are flexible options where rates are not locked but they pay lower....

Also, there are stake pools e.t.c

Another means is via defi (decentralised finance) which is an interesting aspect of crypt0. Here, there's not much of a centralised exchange... Here, lending and borrowing rates are sensible as funds pulled tof6are borrowed out and interest paid back... Everything is done on the basis of a software algorithm called smart contract...

Most info is available online......

For defi, this can be a nice video to start with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0FiTC_Pl3w

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by odysey: 3:11pm On Sep 16, 2021
Frezhkid10:
..From my bank account..

How can I do same?
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Kayolad: 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2021
wwwtortoise:

I am using the bot presently. It doesn't trade at loss. If there's any dip, it goes into what is called a floating loss, then when it becomes bullish it sells for you. If you need more info you can send me email @ dorcasdavid1980(at)gmail.com
The thing is that I’m still indecisive.
I guess it’s best for me to just observe how the market will play out in coming weeks (for the majors).

On the other hand, an e-friend on mine called my attention to something called Royal Q

https://www.nairaland.com/6640664/royal-q-robot-trading-binance

What do you think about this crypto trading AI bot?
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Ibime(m): 8:55pm On Sep 17, 2021
Catching up with this thread. Great read

4 Likes

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by FolabiCash: 4:43am On Sep 18, 2021
Good work bosses
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 7:09am On Sep 18, 2021
jedisco:
I've not really benefitted as well from current breakout coyns...

Asides sol which gave 2.5-3x, I've been an onlooker for most... Usually, breakout coyns are easy to play and give good profits....

One coyn I'm now on is one... Already given me a 2x.... But then, it's broke ATH and is retracing....

I made a tiny purchase at 0.18... but then, most of my buys are laddered between 0.15 and 0.16.... if those bids are filled, I'd let ut be for a while

Got my usdt bids on One this filled yesterday.... Will look to fill up my bnb bids... Already showing a good response

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Macktaob(m): 7:22am On Sep 18, 2021
jedisco:

Got my usdt bids on One this filled yesterday.... Will look to fill up my bnb bids... Already showing a good response
What's the target, boss?
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 7:36am On Sep 20, 2021
Macktaob:

What's the target, boss?

No specific targets as I'd be holding it for a while....
Most positions I'm taking now are those I plan to hold for the next 6 months or till a significant move ensues...

What I do is take profits on a move up so I can add on a retrace
Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 8:04am On Sep 20, 2021
Ada is almost at a place where a re-accumulation looks good.....

Between 2.15 which was the prior weekly close and 1.8 which is the current weekly support should provide a good entry for the future...

With such entries, I don't necessarily wait for a particular bottom.... I just ladder in slowly

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 8:20am On Sep 20, 2021
For the short-term, one coyn that looks ripe is shib... Hopefully, betece doesn't nuke and scatter it.

Hot a chunk of it which I'd be keen to cycle into betece on a pump

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by Daemo111: 10:41am On Sep 20, 2021
jedisco:
For the short-term, one coyn that looks ripe is shib... Hopefully, betece doesn't nuke and scatter it.

Hot a chunk of it which I'd be keen to cycle into betece on a pump

U must be right bro! Normal shib would have dip badly with this BTC movement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture by jedisco(m): 9:59am On Sep 23, 2021
During this dip, I largely repositioned my portfolio....

My reason for holding alyts are usually for two reasons- either I think the alyt will perform better than betece or I believe it's largely underpriced and would give a good rally with time...

I had converted some part of my betece into bnb close to the arrowed area few weeks back.. this cos structure-wise bnb looked to outperform betece.. Also, bnb looked good against eith (which is usually my altcoin benchmark)

What I did during this dip was ease out some of my bnb into other coyns that look like they'd outperform bnb.... These were ada, luna, one, cake...

Still looking at ftt, dot, sol and avax.,.

For the second group of coyns which I think will give a good rally if bitc0in goes on a run, I don't bother too much with swapping them... In this group, I have some shib, icp,

Next few weeks should be decision time that would mark how the year ends.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Top 5 Most Industrialized States In Nigeria. / What's The Best Way To Invest Idle Funds? / Why Has MMM Not Released Official Statement Prior To Resumption

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.